ExtraEntitiesMod

Comments

• JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    edited May 2013
    Solaris wrote: »
    1.) Is there a reliable way to create an elevator yet? I saw the train video but it seems to work a bit differently. I'm talking about a platform moving straight from point A to B at a set speed, triggered by the push of a button (or any other trigger?) without the need for a "pilot/driver"

Yeah its not moving you really smooth atm, found no other way to do it.
    It's called func_platform you can trigger it with every logic item.
    It drives between 2 waypoints when triggered.

For the trigger, you can set a cooldown, which team it can trigger, how often it can be triggered (all the time, once per player, all the time) and when it should be triggered
    (OnExit and OnEnter) in the editor.
  • DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    @JimWest, is there any way to get the func_platform to either have output or just straight trigger a sound, so I can emulate ns1 elevators?
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Currently not but will add sound to button, elevators etc.
    edited May 2013
    OK finally added a new patch to workshop, changes:

* Added map_change entitiy to change a map to the desired one when triggered
    * Added logic_breakable, a breakable entity where you can set the model, the material
    ( when attacking it) and the break cinematic, also fires an output when destroyed
    * Added many new items to logic_give_item like all weapons, jetpack, exo
    * Added once per steamID to button and logic_trigger (once per player was only once
    per live, so if youre respawned you can trigger it again, once per steamId is not
    getting resetted)
    * Fixed several things, improved npcs, added intelligent spawn logic for npcs (queue manager)

Need to update the first page and add new entities when I got time...
  • eliotmateliotmat Join Date: 2002-12-01 Member: 10350Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hi JimWest.

I've built a custom map called ns2_co_battlechamber that has several very long hallways.

Someone recommended I use an entity called map_settings.  From my research, this setting is contained in your ExtraEntitiesMod.  However, when I go to the Steam NS2 Workshop, it says I don't have permission to view it.  Is this mod still available?

Yeah the mod's still online, maybe something with my workshop upload yesterday went wrong,
    will upload it now again.

Here's the changelog (added 2 rly cool new entities):
    * added logic_event_listener - will trigger things after special event like game started, rines won etc
    * logic_cinematic - like the normal cinematic entity, BUT: it will also set your cinematic camera to every player,
      so you can make with this short cutscenes for game start etc (only need 1 cam in the cinematic file, look at tram flightthrough cinematic)
    * changed mod system to new entry file

• HypergripHypergrip Suspect Germany Join Date: 2002-11-23 Member: 9689Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Hey JimWest,
    I really appreciate all the work you put into this mod.
    One thing I wonder: Will things like the func_plattform become "smoother" in the future or is this simply not possible without the devs making additions/changes to the Spark engine itself?

I can't tell you if I can get it smoother, I work on it from time to time and testing new opportunities to move the player on it,
    but haven't found a way yet that its rly smooth.
    edited May 2013
    Jim, I'm trying to use the func_platform for co_angst elevator, but it consistenly pushes people through the geometry, even for standing next to it. I've tried to make it smaller to minimize how much it happens, and surrounded it with death_trigger ,so no one can go outside map, but is there any way to fix this? I expect it to kill people underneath, but its easy to get pushed through walls and i once got pushed through the ceiling somehow. Also I'm having the hardest time getting it to work for onos.

edit: there's also a margin of error on the death_trigger - meaning it kills you outside of what appears to be the trigger area. Maybe around 16.
  • MCMLXXXIVMCMLXXXIV Join Date: 2010-04-14 Member: 71400Members
    edited May 2013
    Rudy.cz said:
    Solaris wrote: »
    2.) Any chance for a "trigger_presence" entity? It would have to be resizable like the locations, etc.. Whenever a player enters the entity's boundaries, it fires.
    Parameters would be name, target, active, team (marines only, aliens only, everyone (including readyroom players, excluding spectator ghosts)), repeatable (trigger once / trigger always), delay (time between being triggered and sending the signal to the target), cooldown (delay before a trigger_presence that is set to be repeatable can be triggered again).
    The most obvious way to use this entity would be some sort of "motion detector" / "intruder alert", that plays a sound whenever something enters its "view". Or a metal detector beeping when a Marine passes through. But I can also think of some uses for possible mods. How about a map where rooms go out whenever an alien is nearby...

logic_trigger works exactly this way, except the delay and cooldown :)

I think logic_trigger has a cooldown now, and you can set it to fire any time anything walks through it, once per player death or once per steam ID (useful for xenoswarm maps!). You can also set it to trigger only when entities that belong to a certain team walk through it. To acheive a delay, wire a logic_trigger up as the input to a logic_timer and hey presto!
    It has a directly cooldown option so you don't need to wire it up,
    Just set the cooldown.

@DarkSeraph will have a look whats wrong with the platform.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    JimWest: Please update your original post with all of the newly added entities (like logic_breakable). Thanks
    OK updated first page now and added all entities.
    New Update:

* Added logic_power_point listener - will trigger when power in the lociation of the entity will change (you can change if
    it should act only on power on, power off or both
    Jim, quick question: is there a way to have a logic_trigger trigger a sound? I thought there is, but I can't seem to figure it out.
    yeah it is, logic_trigger -> logic_emitter -> sound_effect.
    You can also see at my test map, i've made there a button with a logic_switch which is the ncinnected to the emitter and the sound effect
  • matsomatso Master of Patches Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7000Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, NS2 Community Developer
    Elevators suffer from a bug in the engine that drifts the time in the client. It's quite hard to see normally, but if you stand still on a moving platform (and have the platform move the player) it becomes quite obvious.

Hopefully will get fixed in a patch or two (keep a lookout for a patchnote mentioning camera jitter).
    npc_wave_manager - wave number has an error. If set to 1 it spawns one way, 2 spawns only 1 unit, 3 spawns 2, 4 spawns 3 etc.
    edited May 2013
    OK uploaded a new version, fixed serveral NPC and queue manager things and
    the wave_manager bug, thx @DarkSeraph
    Any chance you can offer a small list of what upgrades are recognized? e.g. I wouldn't be sure if it was 'cara' or 'carapace' without the tooltip.
  • AlaskaAlaska Join Date: 2006-10-11 Member: 58067Members
    I have a rather basic question since I'm just getting started on modding:
    I understand how to make a map with your (really great) extra entitities (unpack into ns2-folder, run the vbs, open the mod...)
    But how would I manage to build my own mod - like you did with combat - using EEM? I would love to set up a new mod in Launpad and have the EEM-Entities available in the editor inside my own mod.
    There is no simply solution for this atm, in combat we copy and paste it all the time,
    which is rly bad.

Actually, you cant set the mod to be requiered (it's possible but thats rly hacky).
  • RevyRevy Join Date: 2008-03-22 Member: 63928Members
    hey Jim the Logic_Breakble isnt working properly, I'm trying to set it so marines can weld the door and the aliens can break the control panel and reopen the door, but sadly no one can damage the breakable object unless cheats 1 is on oO am I doing something wrong or is it a little bugged out right now?
  • WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I get the same Revy. But I've not spent a lot of time on it trying to figure out if I've done it wrong. Maybe it is broken.
  • RevyRevy Join Date: 2008-03-22 Member: 63928Members
    Also when ever I use the Extra entitys mod with our server the map change messes up no one can vote for anything and admins can change anything
  • bp2008bp2008 Join Date: 2012-11-28 Member: 173581Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    I think timers are broken. Button cooldowns broken too. It is as though they were set to 0.
  • bp2008bp2008 Join Date: 2012-11-28 Member: 173581Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Besides timers being broken, the func_door stay_open property also does nothing whereas it used to work (months ago).

I hope timers get a fix soon because I'm getting flak about my siege maps being broken :D And I just finished a new one that makes use of buttons and their cooldowns are broken, too.
  • unter_hosenunter_hosen Join Date: 2003-01-05 Member: 11858Members, Constellation
    Does anyone know if this mod is going to be updated? If the original makers of it are otherwise busy with other things, can someone else take up the mantle? Would be good to see siege working again
  • TharosTharos Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175439Members
    Does anyone know if this mod is going to be updated? If the original makers of it are otherwise busy with other things, can someone else take up the mantle? Would be good to see siege working again

It may work again with build 250 since the function to get the unix time is working again.
  • ukeuke Join Date: 2013-07-01 Member: 185840Members
    edited July 2013
    @JimWest: As i posted directly in your mod in the steam workshop: your wave_manager seems to be broken. i have a rather complex wiring but i also tested it directly button -> manager and tested button -> logic_cinematic to exclude the button as error but i discovered 2 more bugs:
    -cinematic sets my view to the maps origin if it has no camera entity(dont know why else it's the orogin and no local point to the cinematic)
    -buttons will disappear when i press then too quickly(i think in disabled state)