ExtraEntitiesMod

Comments

• MagnetoMagneto Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75856Members
    edited March 2013
    Ah ok, cinematics do play and stay visable but they stop until you go off somewhere and come back, you can see what i mean if you weld the blast shiled and go through the stargate, it will close again.

In the ready room i had a hidden trigger which would start the gorge and snow but for some reason it is possible to trigger the cinematic multiple times and basically spam them, so i've had to disable that for now, anyway sorry if im reporting too many bugs, thanks.
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Mhm the blastshield is not working, i get the error 'cant find output emitter_bri'
    edited March 2013
    Not sure why that was but i've updated it again today, you can see what i mean about looping if you watch the phasegate shield turn, eventually it stops, only happens with things tiggered by emitter, normal cinematics are fine, also in the ready room you can see what i mean about spaming cinematics if you go up to the gorge toy in the corner behind random.
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    edited March 2013
    Another problem is that the conematic doesnt block you, just on the client side, not on the server one, so you can walk through them.
    Will look what I can do.
    edited March 2013
    I think you have to create a 2nd cinematics where the door is then down, cause its not possible to don't restart them (seems an engine thing for better performance?)
    Atm., I'm adding a "TriggerType" to the logic_trigger so you can set only trigger once or only trigger once per player.
    And I'm creating an logic_emitter_destroyer wher you can destroy sound_effects and cinematics that were triggered by a special message.
    Also adding a logic_switch entity which can trigger different things after each trigger (also randomable so you can even make maps with random ways with func_doors).
    Everything seems to work well now, after a long playtest i got this, although it still seemed to work ok...

jmVr067.jpg
    Lol? The teleporter tried to teleport a ParticleEffect, strange thing.
    New Update:

added
    * logic_waypoint - you can give players waypoints with it
    * logic_give_item - gives players rifle, etc
    * npcs !!! you can put on the map and let them spawn after a special event (trigger etc)
    (npcs are just a basic implementation, ill work on them atm)

changes
    * you can now set the button to get pressed only once per player or only once
    * fixed the cooldown at button not working
    * fixed the phase gate bug above
    * fixed an bug where the switch isnt getting resetted back

• DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    JimWest wrote: »
    * logic_give_item - gives players rifle, etc

This is great - I think marines on combat spacejump need jetpacks to help balance a bit. I'll play with this later.

Any idea if you'll be able to add either logic_worldtooltip visible to readyroom or a way to place invulnerable cysts in combat (or just place dynamic infestation somehow)?

• ApdorApdor Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183735Members
    edited March 2013
    Should be fixed now
  • ApdorApdor Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183735Members
  • Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
    edited March 2013
    Hmm using extra entities crashes the Editor :( I have the version from Github because I cant dig the mod from the workshop.
    oh forget to upload latest publish to git, try it now.
    Hi. It is possible to play with trigger a cinematic? Or do you plan to implement this feature? Would be usefull in my upcoming project :)
    Is possible, yeah.
    You can use logic_emitter and emitter_destroyer,
    Look at ky eem_test map, Ive included one there.
    edited March 2013
    It is possible to reset the push_trigger to the disbale state again? I need to make a triggerable one-shot thing. Thanks :)

EDIT: I am trying to achieve that by using logic_timer
    If you trigger it, it should switch the activation state.
    So when it's enabled and you trigger it, it should be disabled then.
    If you then retrigger it, its activated again etc.
    edited March 2013
    Yes that works, with logic_trigger I can turn it on/off, but with logic_timer I can't. I am now trying a workaround, by putting another logic_multiplier after timer, which should reset the push_trigger, but it is not working.

I need a way how the push_trigger can be reseted automaticaly.

EDIT: Ok did some testing. It seems if logic_timer is set to "reset" mode, after recieving input message it starts periodically sending output mesages in set time interval. I need it only to do it only once per input message, to act as classic delay function.

EDIT2: So changing the type of logic_timer to Enabled/Disabled solved the problem, the thing which was confusing me all the time was the fact, that the logic_timers did not work until game started (but logic_trigger did !)

But so far it is awesome work you have done on Extra Entities, it so much fun to work with them. UWE should have included those in the game officially long ago! Thanks Jim! :)
    OK new small update

- improved the Npcs rly much, you can place them in the map as a wave spawner (will spawn waves of enemey, can be completly edited)
    or directly as npcs, spawning in a event like button, etc (should be very intelligent atm)

With them you could also do some small coop maps!

• DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    Jim, this is cool stuff! You can easily make some sort of co-op defense mod once the AI is there (which I know you're working on).

Can Marines not spawn with shotguns? Will you give other aliens their own spawner or just use wave manager? How do you set what they spawn with as marine through the wave_manager, or do you just have to use something else to trigger the plain marine spawner? I assume the wave manager always starts inactive? Being able to spawn a double railgun is badass!

also... mmm delicious grenade luncher...
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    Bless you man! :D

I started using the mod and so far it is way more fun to map with all the possebilites. But I have a few questions:

1) I made a few weldable doors and they block the normal players, but macs and arcs can just pass them in its closed form. Is there a way to block them until the door is welded?

2) I placed the doors and set them to move down when welded. But they still look out of the ground when they open. And I can't seem to get the waypoint entity to work in order to send the doors further down. I suppose the waypoint must be placed in reach of the navigation_mesh? Is it possible to add a distance that the entity should travel in one direction? Maybe I just use the entites wrong ^_^`
    edited April 2013
    Is it possible to trigger something with a timer and/or a welder, so say a teleport can be activated if someone welds or if nobody does it will activate anyway after certain time but not have the welder or timer turn it off again?

What happens is you activate the teleport with weld before the timer goes off, then after a certain time the teleport goes off because the timer is still running, same issue happens if timer goes off first and you weld afterwards, it deactivates the teleport, i need a way to disable the weld and timer triggers once the teleport is activated, as that is the only state i want once triggered, i don't want the timer or welder switching it off again, hope that makes sense, i've tried using multipliers and adding the weld and timer to the list but it doesn't change their state for some reason, any ideas?
    Magneto wrote: »
    Is it possible to trigger something with a timer and/or a welder, so say a teleport can be activated if someone welds or if nobody does it will activate anyway after certain time but not have the welder or timer turn it off again?

This could be easy.

Theoretically, using the multiplier you can by weld trigger both, the teleport and the timer (this will switch off the timer). And vice versa - timer will turn off the weld.

That's what i tried as well as a few other combinations but it didn't seem to work, i may have done something wrong or its not yet possible to change a triggers state?
    Ah I see there is one small bug at the OnTime Function from the timer, will try to get it work.
    Nobuild_area is now working, so you can place the entity where you don't want that somebody can build (will include it with the next patch)
    Magneto wrote: »
    That's what i tried as well as a few other combinations but it didn't seem to work, i may have done something wrong or its not yet possible to change a triggers state?

In the timer trigger the "reset" or "enable/disable" options are not clearly apparent. Actually in "reset" mode, when triggered, the timer goes indifenetely and shoots outputs periaodically equal to set interval until it is trigered again. In enable/disable mode it shoots the output after the set delay and waits for another input to start over. I really thought it was the other way.

Also this entity wont activate until the match is started. These two facts really confused me and hindered my progress. Maybe they confused you also.
    Yeah that was caused by the wrong OnTime behavior.

I think I will create a logic_resetter entity, that just resets the target entities to their start values.
    With it you can then also reset counters (atm not possible).
    Yeah a few options aren't clear but i tried various combinations, i also always make sure to enable dev and cheats in the console so the game starts, everything works up until the triggers need deactivating, hopefully it's a simple fix, thanks.
    I've uploaded the newest changes to git (including the new logic_reset entity)
    https://github.com/JimWest/ExtraEntitesMod

Can you test it before I upload it to workshop?
    Thx.