Natural Selection 2 News Update - Friday Update - First Steam Release

1234568»

Comments

• fleetcommandfleetcommand Hungary Join Date: 2010-05-20 Member: 71809Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    To say something about the game itself:
    I'm happy that NS2 is on Steam, that makes updating easy, so that's good. Walked through the test maps and I have to admit that the engine is just as good as it was stated: my favorites are the lights :)
    Unfortunately it's on a pretty low frame rate (17-27 fps) even on low graphic setting or lower resolution. I hope it will be better. Or is it because I shall buy a better VGA? (Currently on an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ with a Geforce 8600GT)

Keep up the good work, I'm sure I'll love this game :)
  • RichardRichard Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3303Members
    Is there a link to the non-steam version? My uni firewall blocks Steam so it cannot connect, which means my only way of getting my hands on the SDK is through the direct download. Please don't tell me Steam is now the only way to download it :( Even an outdated version would be nice.
  • WarLoverWarLover Join Date: 2009-11-05 Member: 69276Members
    Steam is the only official way atm, but you may be able to find a older version out in the torrent world, be careful though.
  • joetraffjoetraff Join Date: 2010-06-11 Member: 72025Members
    I loved it.
    Specially the download was very quick.
  • KashmirKashmir Join Date: 2009-08-31 Member: 68659Members
    Interested to see how well you and Valve work together this time around. Thanks for the update.