Natural Selection 2 News Update - Friday Update (Build 136)

14567810»

Comments

• AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1752640:date=Feb 12 2010, 04:10 PM:name=Tylerm1983)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tylerm1983 @ Feb 12 2010, 04:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1752640"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I just watched the video again and I still have a problem with the way the LMG sounds when it fires(Sounds like a pee-shooter) and there is no recoil at all. The LMG overall does not behave like a realistic weapon at all! I dont know if its just PRE-ALPHA stages or what. Everything else looks GREAT ... everything except the LMG.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It's because they are sci-fi guns. They convert the recoil into something I forget, it's all in the NS1 manual.
    Also, NS is too arcadey and fast-paced for stuff like recoil to be added into the mix.
  • monopolowamonopolowa Join Date: 2004-05-23 Member: 28839Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1752695:date=Feb 12 2010, 02:24 PM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Feb 12 2010, 02:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1752695"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's very simple to just enter in number values to scale a model up or down in game, and we were trying to find the right size for the skulk that would look and play appropriately.

--Cory<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

A quick question...is it possible to change the animation speed on the fly as well? If I were to make, say, a mario-style mod where a skulk doubles in size from a powerup, I wouldn't want its new walk animation to be out of sync with the ground, and I wouldn't necessarily want to increase its speed to compensate (of course collision meshes would have to be scaled as well)
  • NasderoNasdero Join Date: 2008-11-11 Member: 65423Members
    nice looks good so far BUT

the sound of the rifle is crap.... it should be louder and more dangerous /aggresiv .... atm its
    really cheap like the rifle has no firepower, take something like the m4 in CSS or the smartgun from aliens something
    big fat and ugly i want a kick ass rifle and i want that aliens to cry when they hear the sound of thier final end ^^
  • phoenixbbsphoenixbbs Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13379Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    "should be louder and more dangerous / aggressive"

Err, ok, but perhaps in the future weapons have evolved a little, and it might even be standard practice to use a silencer arrangement (it could have tactical advantages so you're not deafened by your own weapons, and can hear the enemy if they're nearby)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Join Date: 2007-08-27 Member: 62017
    edited January 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • garvanigarvani Join Date: 2009-09-02 Member: 68678Members
    ive been playing the battlefield bad company 2 beta, and have been active on there UK forums as well as the Steam forums. Im sorry to say but we are in for the mother of all whines when alpha is released (if the beta of this is anything to go by), people will be trying to cancel there preorders left and right, there will be a massive influx of new threads all covering the same stuff as the previous tread before it, its going to be a right mess :).
    Why?
    Because people don't get that its just an alpha... you can state it as much as you like but there are a lot of thick people out there that love to whine at anything they can and fail to comprehend that for instance the lmg animation and sound isn't finalised, why the game is not optimised and it runs like a dog (more of a daily battlefield complaint this one) why the weapons arent balanced, why things don't look or sound right. All you have to do is look around at the masses calling for changes after seeing the prealpha footage for a small taste of things to come.

Im hoping that UWE, make it blatantly obvious in the intro to the game what an alpha is, what to expect, and what not to expect. That or forum regulars should get well versed with the following few words "its just an alpha"
  • zimzumzimzum Join Date: 2004-09-02 Member: 31200Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    yup. i've been practicing typing "stfu, alpha" in anticipation of all the QQ.
  • Dalin SeivewrightDalin Seivewright 0x0000221E Join Date: 2007-10-20 Member: 62685Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1753402:date=Feb 16 2010, 02:52 AM:name=garvani)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (garvani @ Feb 16 2010, 02:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1753402"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->...people will be trying to cancel there preorders left and right, there will be a massive influx of new threads all covering the same stuff as the previous tread before it, its going to be a right mess :).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Its like that right now. If we can survive the pre-alpha, then we can survive anything. I think most of the pre-orders are from people who have played NS1 and know whats in store for NS2 though, as in, they know that it isn't going to be anything like the Beta or the Final release. We should be okay.
  • Renegade.Renegade. Join Date: 2003-01-15 Member: 12313Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1753402:date=Feb 16 2010, 03:52 AM:name=garvani)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (garvani @ Feb 16 2010, 03:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1753402"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->ive been playing the battlefield bad company 2 beta,
    Because people don't get that its just an alpha...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Although I generally agree with your sentiments, starting off by basing them on some godawful enforced-auto-aiming console-port is not the way to go.