Give Early Access Feedback to the Dev Team

12345679»

Comments

• SimeBSimeB Croatia Join Date: 2020-03-11 Member: 258661Members
    Al-an story hole... why cant allan not know about his race knowing his situationa when he says that they are telepaticaly connected all the time.
  • SimeBSimeB Croatia Join Date: 2020-03-11 Member: 258661Members
    i feel subnautica bz is missing a creature like reaper leviathon(fear factor)
  • GuildedCharrGuildedCharr Join Date: 2020-10-31 Member: 265083Members
    This is for Below Zero, one gripe I have with the game pertains to the way the game directs the player.

In Subnautica there were distress signals that you could get access to very early on, and very easily. These allowed you to explore some of the map with purpose, discover story elements, and get rewarded for doing so with blueprints, materials, new locations, etc..

In Below Zero there isn't really mini directives like this, once you land you just sort of aimlessly wander around without doing anything, you don't need to repair your drop pod, there are no outstanding features above the water (if you can even see in the first place, there are so many storms that cut vision to nothing) there's no Habitat Builder until farther into the story.

Even the few prefabs located near the start area don't provide much after you find them.

For me this continues to be an issue through out much of the game where, you're often left to your own devices without even an idea of what your supposed to do to continue the story.

tldr; I find Below Zero to have less direction the the original game.
  • KhimarosKhimaros Join Date: 2020-11-25 Member: 265660Members
    edited November 2020
    Shadow Leviathan is too fast - Not sure if this is a bug, but the Shadow Leviathan is faster than a sea truck with horsepower and boost upgrades. The ultra-high aggression level from this species combined with what feels like game breaking speed means that the typical 'cat and mouse' gameplay just doesn't work. Every time I go into a crystal cave I accept the fact that they will chase me and catch me, no matter what I do.

I'm approaching 200hrs play time across both games and there is a very clear formula for how you deal with Leviathans; you outrun them. The fact you can't in the seatruck (but you can with the seaglide?!) leads to boring and frustrating encounters every time. They chase and catch you, do some damage, you find a safe spot to get out and repair, repeat, over and over again.
  • mutedwarriormutedwarrior Join Date: 2020-12-15 Member: 266075Members
    In Below Zero... you just sort of aimlessly wander around without doing anything"

The biggest weakness of BZ for sure. As a first time player, my only goal was very arbitrary "scan stuff, build 1 of every blueprint, check out areas I haven't been too yet".

I was never building out of necessity or to progress the story. I just didn't know what else to do.

At what point does the protagonist need a dual-wielded hybrid torpedo mecha unit to find her sister? Why not give torpedos some function to open up walls to exclusive areas or a quest removing a predator infestation?
  • TZODnmr2K5TZODnmr2K5 Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236505Members
    The weather changes are too frequent, I would poke my head above water to see it hailing, I'd swim a meter or so, poke my head out again and it will be a blizzard or sunny, or rain in that order!