Sync error 0x83860012

LaRanaLaRana US Join Date: 2018-12-28 Member: 247453Members
I just upgraded to a one x and have been really looking forward to checking out the performance increase on subnautica.
However, the game save will not sync to my new one x. As the title says, I get the error code: 0x83860012. I've reinstalled the game 3x (once on a network xfer from my original Xbox), deleted/reloaded my profile, done hard resets, and even factory resets (keeping saves/data and also without). Nothing seems to work. I have an external drive being delivered tomorrow, so I'm going to try copying the game data from my original Xbox and transferring it to the new one x. But, is anyone else getting this error code? Anyone know of solutions? Right after xmas there must be dozens of us. Dozens!

Comments

• maytrixmaytrix USA Join Date: 2018-12-11 Member: 245483Members
    I had an issue syncing the other night. I fully powered off the xbox (hold in power button until it shuts down) and rebooted and it then worked.
  • LaRanaLaRana US Join Date: 2018-12-28 Member: 247453Members
    I've tried that a few times with no success, unfortunately. Was it not syncing your game TO the cloud or FROM the cloud? My issue is trying to retrieve the save game from the cloud
  • maytrixmaytrix USA Join Date: 2018-12-11 Member: 245483Members
    Mine was syncing from the cloud. I switched the console I was playing on and got the error. Did the full power off and back on and it worked.
  • RboxRbox Belgium Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239227Members
    syncing issues are a M$ problem. It's not Subnautica this time. Although I have no other game that takes soooooo loooooong to sync. M$ always tell to do a hard reset = pull out power cord. And it works 99%.
    Full power off and unplugging hasn't worked either. And yeah, this is on microsoft's end, but SN is the only game that won't sync cloud saves
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    It doesn't matter if its a Microsoft issue or ours, we want you to be able to enjoy your game. From what I read on Microsoft's forums and from our experience you might be having issues because the network connection is not solid enough. Assuming you have reliable/fast internet could you try a wired network connection and see if that solves the issue? I'm also looking into manual options for pulling down a single save game at a time and see if that will help. Hopefully the worst case scenario of transferring the local saves from your other Xbox should also work, have you considered doing a network transfer using a network cable? I've done this in the past and it is not as fast as a harddrive but could save you time of waiting for it to ship to you?
    Here is a Windowscentral article that might help https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-network-transfer
    I use a wired connection for my Xbox and so far all of my save games for other titles have no issue syncing. I also tried a network transfer 2x before buying an external drive. However, as far as I can tell, both methods of transfer only move/copy game data, not the game saves. Its just curious that SN is the only game I've found to be affected by this issue. I'd love to recover my game save, but it'll take more than this to keep me from enjoying the game. SN has been my favorite sandbox survival game since starting it.
  • PlusMangoPlusMango Join Date: 2019-01-13 Member: 248648Members
    Hello I'm having the same issue, although for seemingly no reason. Didn't change devices, hardware or internet, but I am receiving the 0x83860012 error. I have tried hard reset, re-installing, etc.
    I purchased the game and immediately put a ton of time into it (I loved it), but I'm really not interested in starting over at this point and especially don't want to start a new one if I don't have full confidence in the save feature moving forward (would suck to lose it again).
    Obviously would love to resolve the issue and resume playing what I was fully enjoying, but kind of feel like I didn't get $30 worth of product if not, does that make sense?
    Thanks.
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    @PlusMango are you having trouble bringing your saved game from your Xbox to another Xbox? This issue shouldn't be affecting your game saving locally to your machine(this would be a different issue/concern). Is your profile signed into multiple Xbox machines? I'm wondering why it is trying to sync each time you launch the game, any more details would be appreciated.
    LaRana wrote: »
    I use a wired connection for my Xbox and so far all of my save games for other titles have no issue syncing. I also tried a network transfer 2x before buying an external drive. However, as far as I can tell, both methods of transfer only move/copy game data, not the game saves. Its just curious that SN is the only game I've found to be affected by this issue. I'd love to recover my game save, but it'll take more than this to keep me from enjoying the game. SN has been my favorite sandbox survival game since starting it.

Did you have any luck pulling down your save games/transferring them in the end? Thank you for the kind words, we're very sorry for this trouble.
  • Insidious93Insidious93 US Join Date: 2019-01-29 Member: 249584Members
    I’m also having this issue now, and it’s only Subnautica having the issue. I sometimes bounce between living room and bedroom, and tonight it stopped syncing. I’ll do some more testing tomorrow, but also wanted to inform you it’s not isolated. Under the post on Xbox where the most recent patch was announced others described something similar.
  • TORminator77TORminator77 Grand Rapids MI Join Date: 2019-01-30 Member: 249681Members
    I've had the same issue with the game not syncing. I did a console reset for another reason and after the reset (with saving the games) this game is the only one that won't sync. Now when I go into the game the sync never completes and it tries to sync everytime I run the game. I only have the option of running the game offline. I called xbox support and after all their suggestions, they asked that I reach out to unknownworlds to see if they can correct the fame file or if there is an outage on their server.
    edited February 2019
    Yeah I’ve had no luck with this, and I’m guessing I’ll have to write it up as a feature not a bug at this time. Kinda suck cause I’m soon to have surgery and chilling in the bedroom was one of my plans with this game. I have no intentions of swapping around consoles to play a single game. Maybe some time down the road the devs can take a short break off Below Zero and come fix their first titles annoying issues.
  • gmv312gmv312 Join Date: 2019-02-08 Member: 250647Members
    Im having issues with syncing my save games. I have been playing on hardcore, made it down to primary containment facility saved and quit to take a break before entering, and when I tried to load game again, it tried to sync data and fails every time, so I can no longer play the game except Offline mode, which I would have to start a new game again. Please help, i dont want to lose my hardcore save
  • glhadiatorglhadiator Join Date: 2019-01-24 Member: 249266Members
    I've been experiencing the same issues as posted since I started playing two months ago.

I played for about thirty hours when I started. Game glitched and I got the sync error when trying to go back to my save. I was unsuccessful and lost that game session.

I bought another console before Xmas so I could put a console in my study. The older one was cluttered so I wiped it clean and moved it to the study. I decided to place SN on this console and play on it.

The game has glitched (graphics/rendering) a few times. I have had the sync error about seven times now. Sometimes from a cold startup, sometimes when I quit for a short and come back. Each time I remove the disc and do a restart on the console. Not a big deal since it is the only game on it.

I also noticed that if I pause the game and come back after awhile (walk the dogs) the game glitches!

Playing for over two hundred hours now. I have been able to load my last save successfully every time!

>
    Things I am doing (or not doing):

I only have one game on the console. (I realize this is not normal)

I save before leaving a base each time.

I only save game in a base.

I have built five bases and numerous pit stops.

Each base contains approximately 20 lockers filled with resources. (I like to build stuff)

I have never played it offline.

I never leave the game paused for more than five minutes.

Any error or glitch is followed by a console restart.
    >

I love this game despite any errors or glitches. I hope that my providing this info will help others that also love the game and want to play without losing invested hours.

At first I suspected the problem was with the servers or with Microsoft on their end. I'm not so sure of that assessment any more.
    I am 100% sure this is a bug on SN end, I have been playing the game since it realesed on xbox in game preview. I love this game a lot, 1 of my favorites, but this is the only time I have not been able to fix a sync issue for SN. I have been through every step to fix, including factory reset on console, multiple times (everyday since it happened lol). Until it is fixed on SN end unfortunately we are doomed to play offline?
    Unfortunate fix for sync error: press MENU on Subnautica, select manage game and add ons, go to saved data, and delete from everywhere. This fixes the sync error but unfortunatly you have to start a new game.
    Thank you all for the additional insight/information, we're working on something that might be related to this with Microsoft that I'll be following up with this week. Additionally, I'm going to be setting up some tests to reproduce this on our end and see if there is a workaround we can implement. I'll keep everyone posted of any workarounds or possible solutions in the works(as they get closer to making a patch).
  • jelieboldjeliebold Join Date: 2019-02-26 Member: 251360Members
    edited February 2019
    I am experiencing the same error. I bought the game about a month ago. 1-2 weeks into the first save (about 30 hours of play) I was told I needed to delete the local save and re sync. I deleted the local saves, but the sync kept erroring with the above message. I gave up and started a new saved game. I played that about 20 hours. The same error just started showing up right when the newest update was released. I am playing on a Xbox One X.

Is there any new news for resolving this error? I’d really like to recover my more recent saved game.
  • DeepdarkwatersDeepdarkwaters Join Date: 2019-02-25 Member: 251312Members
    Im in the same boat jeliebold but i can still use my save on the original xbox i started it on but cant move it to the other xbox i have wiped. reinstalled game .removed profile and spent 2 hours on the phone with ms tech
    Are you playing between two Xboxs or is the sync error somehow preventing you from playing your saved game? When I've run into these errors in their test environments the local save games were not syncing UP to the Microsoft side but since I was playing on one Xbox there was never an issue with me losing progress or unable to play where I left off on my saved game.
    I have only been playing on a single Xbox One X. Both times I lost the saved game I was in the middle of playing and an error message showed up that said something like, “error, you must clear local saves and sync from Xbox Live”. The first time I did what it said and cleared the saves, and the sync never worked to recover it so I started a new game. The second game I was playing and I got the same message that I need to clear the local saves, but this time I didn’t clear the saves. I went to restart the game and the sync error happened. I selected play offline and my save was gone even though I never cleared it.

After all of that I booted my second Xbox One (original version) and I received the same sync error.

Please let me know if you need any more details. I would really like this resolved.

Thank you!
    Jordan
  • exceedinghadesexceedinghades Nc usa Join Date: 2019-02-27 Member: 251379Members
    edited March 2019
    same problem bought a new Xbox one x but the game will not sync with the save on my Xbox one s..... very frustrated... just spent an additional $100 on and ex hard drive and a new router but it did not help
  • thatguynumber9thatguynumber9 43611 Join Date: 2019-03-01 Member: 251417Members
    Yep same im on a one x to and i havnt been abled to sync for over a month and i relly dont wana restart iv tryed evrything plz fix
    edited March 2019
    Seems like there are a lot of One X consoles in this thread. Could it be specific for the One X?

It’s worth noting too that the progress bar during the sync never even shows a percentage for me. It’s like it is trying to start syncing but isn’t able to.

Also, from what I’m seeing about the release dates of the previous 2 updates (.31 and .32), I think my saved game losses line up nearly perfectly with the updates. Could that have cause this issue?

The previous commenter (thatnumberguy9) see to have had this issue coincide with the 1.0.0.31 release also, like my first loss of saved game.
    Thank you all for your details, I might be following up with you for some additional questions in direct messages.
    You are welcome! I’d be happy to help in any way I can.
    I was wondering if there’s been any movement on this problem. Have you been able to reproduce the issue?

Looking forward to playing again! Thank you!
    Looking to see if there is any update on this? I’m still not able to sync to my second Xbox One X. Was hoping some progress had been made, but looks like it is being looked into so that’s good news.
    edited March 2019
    No update on this issue yet, but I'm still working on reproducing it. I have one theory I'm trying to investigate on the other side of things. If anyone has had any success in working around this issue, please let us know so we can share with those having the issue.