Subnautica Update 85 Released - Subnautica

Comments

• DeathyyDeathyy United States Join Date: 2018-05-04 Member: 240504Members
    Now that's pretty zesty.
  • OrAfelOrAfel Kibbutz Gevim, Israel Join Date: 2017-04-12 Member: 229586Members
    Can we resume translation for RTL languages? This epic game is needed by every human on the earth... :)
  • Goldengoose7Goldengoose7 California USA Join Date: 2018-04-26 Member: 240346Members
    edited May 2018
    stephar80 wrote: »
    Can't load my world on Xbox one, I need to know what to do ( Header checksum illegal )
    Please help
    It will load every other world but mine

I posted about the probable cause on another thread. Check it out.
    Could you fix the stuttering issue? The game stutters terribly all of the time if you are moving along quickly in any of the vehicles.

If your on console, it may be an issue with the game. But, even on console, Stuttering is because of hardware limitations.

Hardware limitations? I can run Far Cry 5 on Ultra settings in 1080p with a smooth 60 fps. I don't have the best setup, but my machine should be more than capable of running Subnautica without the stuttering.

Yeah... I would ignore any comments about frame drops being your hardware's fault. As I pointed out above, my 1080ti and i7-7700k (both overclocked) should be able to run rings around this game based on the quality of the textures I am seeing at 1080p/60hz but I still get frequent micro-stutters every minute or two while moving around in the game @ 1080p/60hz.

This all comes down to optimization related issues with the game and the game's engine and not because our hardware is not up to the task.

Based on the hardware usage percentages shown on the site linked below for GPU popularity among the userbase, very few players are running on top of the line PC hardware.

(Besides the Xbox Rendering Engine, the second most popular GPU is the bargain basement 1050ti)

So the bulk of the opinions on this stuttering problem are not based on actual hands on experience with top of the line builds, but merely uninformed opinions.

https://subnautica.unknownworlds.com/platforms/gpu

I actually own a machine with performance representing less than 2% of the total Subnautica user base. Take it from me based on my hands on experience with the game and this machine... IT IS NOT YOU or your PC!

• BigGrayGolemBigGrayGolem Lima Peru Join Date: 2018-04-24 Member: 240304Members

So the bulk of the opinions on this stuttering problem are not based on actual hands on experience with top of the line builds, but merely uninformed opinions.

https://subnautica.unknownworlds.com/platforms/gpu

I actually own a machine with performance representing less than 2% of the total Subnautica user base. Take it from me based on my hands on experience with the game and this machine... IT IS NOT YOU or your PC!

I don't know, man. I am running it on a gaming LAPTOP (Core i7 at 2.6 GHZ w/ 32 gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M) and I am not getting stuttering. Most of my settings are at max, I think I turned off lens dirt, motion blur, that's it. (I can check.)

I think in your case it's likely one simple setting that's causing a hiccup, or some incompatability with the game itself. My rig's not near yours, and my only gripe is pop-in, which is hardbaked into the game's flaws due to the Unity engine.

• TheSmokeHog331TheSmokeHog331 Georgia Join Date: 2018-04-09 Member: 239927Members
    Can you try to get rid of the black boxes on xb1?
  • Garcia16Garcia16 Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240275Members
    Hello im from the future, its the year 2028 and subnautcia on xboxone finally released!
  • Hyrulehero101Hyrulehero101 South carolina Join Date: 2017-09-16 Member: 233095Members
    Hey can I know how the final build for Xbox one is going can you give us an estimate?
  • Hyrulehero101Hyrulehero101 South carolina Join Date: 2017-09-16 Member: 233095Members
    Hey devs I was looking at subnatica but then I listened to a pda entry with Bart torgal and the others when it said there was *rain* that was deteriorating the habitat but through the entire game I havnt seen any rain so I was wondering if you are going to add weather conditions like rain or lightning thunder or wurl pools I just thought it would be cool.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Hey devs I was looking at subnatica but then I listened to a pda entry with Bart torgal and the others when it said there was *rain* that was deteriorating the habitat but through the entire game I havnt seen any rain so I was wondering if you are going to add weather conditions like rain or lightning thunder or wurl pools I just thought it would be cool.

I think they're planning to add weather effects in the DLC next year, but not for the main game. And yeah, there are several mentions of weather in the game, but none we encounter. I just assume we're there during the dry season or something.
  • P0ptart2391P0ptart2391 United States Join Date: 2018-03-26 Member: 239507Members
    A problem that I've been having (this is one Xbox) is when I move (swim/walk) my equipped item switches to another, or gets put away. Makes it very difficult to scan things and use the flashlight or seaglide. I'm curious if anyone else is having this issue?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @P0ptart2391 I would check you control bindings, maybe one of your swim buttons is accidentally also scroll weapons.
    For me I have had problems with the graphics I would sometimes be playing it on Xbox one then after a while my screen would slow grow co squares covering my screen till I can't see or it would make shades of a specific color like green red purple and it ruins the experience.
    Also I would like to ask if you will be making a base docking sequence for the Cyclops because every time I get out around my base I would get attacked getting back into my base you think you can make one?
  • OoshgaOoshga Join Date: 2018-05-14 Member: 240721Members
    I've noticed that on odd occasions, whilst in the Cyclops and looking at the vehicle bay computer. If you stand in just the right manner, you fall through the entire Cyclops and then down to the ocean floor. This can result in death if you high enough from the floor.
  • DynastysphinxDynastysphinx Fairbanks AK Join Date: 2018-05-17 Member: 240759Members
    I want to join the Xbox notification list for when this airs on Xbox , but I can't find the register list anywhere on your site .
    Subnoutica devs will the game for Xbox one be fully released before the dlc for pc?
  • RboxRbox Belgium Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239227Members
    edited May 2018
    Better fix Xbox 1 performance instead of fishing for more money (DLC). The preview game has been paid for. It was not free. So fix the Xbox One problems first!!
    True man I've been waiting for the game on Xbox for so long!!
    Also i was wondering if there going to add markiplier bobble head or septic Sam I don't know if those are exlusive to them or not.
    Ok so I got a email that I was promoted to an advanced user is this true game devs?
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Ok so I got a email that I was promoted to an advanced user is this true game devs?

That just means you can edit your posts after a longer period of time here.
    Skope wrote: »

That just means you can edit your posts after a longer period of time here.

Oh I see it would have been cool to talk to the devs about some of the ideas I had for the game on pc or Xbox one plus i wanted to name off some bugs the game has been having.
  • AkaseruAkaseru United States Join Date: 2018-05-19 Member: 240810Members
    I've noticed on the rare occasions I'm placing or swapping upgrade modules on vehicles like the PRAWN of Seamoth in the water that if -god forbid- I click the wrong button and drop the module it will fall through or disappear if I fail to catch it before it hits the sea floor. This is a big resource and time ouch no matter what the module was. Is there anyway this can be addressed?

P.S. This is how I tend to lose the free MK1 depth module found in the Aurora and that seriously hurts...
    Dear Subnautica developers,
    I would like to ask if I could help with ideas for things you can add to the game on PC. I would also like to help report major bugs on Xbox one, I love the game to bits so I would love to help you with ideas for the game. It's the best game I've ever played I have over 350 games but this one I play more than all of them so please may I help with the game?
  • Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
    a very common bug ive been having is the terrain not loading in properly. it will load in visually, but sometimes if i swim or drive into it i phase through the ground. this is incredibly frustrating when i lose a fully upgraded prawn in the lava zone. have you fixed this in this update? or is this a client side issue.
  • gnitsafgnitsaf usa Join Date: 2018-05-24 Member: 240893Members
    I'd like to just point out that the b85 update was moved from doing to done
    in April.... maybe that means patch incoming for xbox users? or did they just abandon the xbox patch altogether? .... hmmm...
    I want to play the game on xbox....
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members

Why can't you? You still haven't mentioned it. (Or i'm blind.)

Why can't you? You still haven't mentioned it. (Or i'm blind.)

Well I bought the game preview so long ago and I love the game so much but the Xbox one version is almost impossible to play I've also been mentioning a lot of ideas for the game it's been more than a month sense the last Xbox one update...im afraid they will add the dlc for pc before they finish the game on Xbox one...
  • ImmortalHunterImmortalHunter Surrey BC Canada Earth Join Date: 2016-10-04 Member: 222853Members
    So, have you forgotten us Xbox players? :'(