Subnautica Update 85 Released - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageSubnautica Update 85 Released - Subnautica

Hi everyone! Today we’ve got another post-launch Subnautica update for you. Update 85 is now available on Steam. To be notified when Update 85 is released on Xbox One, sign...

Read the full story here

Comments

• GoldenApplesGoldenApples norway Join Date: 2017-09-09 Member: 232914Members
    Good work Keep it comin.
  • PureMurderPureMurder United States Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219632Members
    Any news on ps4 or was it trashed
  • Thund3rThund3r Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240260Members
    edited April 2018
    Please please make it possible to place luggage/sport bags in the cyclop :)
    Subnautica is awesome!!
  • MazzyMazzy Australia Join Date: 2018-03-11 Member: 238890Members
    Very nice work, Thank you. There is a particular bug i was hoping to see fixed in 85 and that is where if you build a habitat half out of the water you see the water around you or if the cyclops is at 0 mtrs you could also see the water flowing about waist height around you inside the cyclops. All in all update 85 is a good improvement keep up the excellent work.

Kudos to you guys. :)
  • Jarod997Jarod997 Ottawa, Canada Join Date: 2018-02-05 Member: 236869Members
    Ya, same as Mazzy, was hoping to see "water inside veicles/bases at close to 0 depth" fixed. But, thankful for these fixed. Gj team.
  • AeragonAeragon Antarctica Join Date: 2018-03-08 Member: 238722Members
    Nice work on the update :) Fixes are always welcome :)
  • KnightingaleKnightingale Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240264Members
    Whoa, I thought the enzyme cure ball was pickupable on purpose. I grabbed a bunch and I've been using them to go around and cure infected animals I see. Whoops!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    "Fixed physics bug with luggage bags in Cyclops"

Cool, but I ain't luggage!

Wait just one minute here 39.gif So we shall still be sliding around and randomly popping on top of the Cyclops then?
  • KarolukasKarolukas Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240270Members
    edited April 2018
    Great news to see updates on the game.
    Serious question: How to know if your submitted in game bug report was viewed by devs?
  • EstebanLB01EstebanLB01 Join Date: 2017-05-09 Member: 230377Members
    Radar and light control scheme for the Seaglide is still a nightmare. The F key is there, why don't they use it?!?!?
  • EstebanLB01EstebanLB01 Join Date: 2017-05-09 Member: 230377Members
    edited April 2018
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Radar and light control scheme for the Seaglide is still a nightmare. The F key is there, why don't they use it?!?!?

Aside from the double post, I can help.

On the Nexus, someone created a mod that changes the seaglide to use it. The f key toggles the map, and the light button is the same.
  • D3LTTAD3LTTA Nederland Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240272Members
    Keep the fixes coming! I really hope fixing the acces to the upgrade and cargobay of the prawnsuit when docked is high on the priority list because to be honest that should have been fixed in the march patch allready.
  • Garcia16Garcia16 Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240275Members
    Why is XboxOne version taking so damn long. PC has it but not console and their working on DLC? makes no sense. PC will get DLC by the time we get the full release.
  • ElmerLionElmerLion Sverige Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240277Members
    Will Multiplayer come to Subnautica in the future? I really want to play with my friends in the same world :)
  • ElaoriElaori Join Date: 2017-04-08 Member: 229489Members
    I hope fixing Hardcore is on the radar at least. Describing it as no oxygen alerts and then having them is very disappointing. If its intended perhaps it should be renamed to just Permadeath instead? :)

Not that lack of alerts makes it super hardcore either -- I'd actually love to see increased monster spawns or have them hit harder, or something. I realize the balancing would probably not be worth it for the amount of people that would want to play it though.

Regardless, thanks for all you guys & gals do. Glad to see things continuing to be fixed and updated!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    ElmerLion wrote: »
    Will Multiplayer come to Subnautica in the future? I really want to play with my friends in the same world :)

Nope: Coop or multiplayer in Subnautica? I'm afraid not.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    edited April 2018
    ElmerLion wrote: »

I've said it five other times.

Multiplayer has been denied by the devs so many times. If you want it, switch to PC and help with the mod.
    Garcia16 wrote: »
    Why is XboxOne version taking so damn long. PC has it but not console and their working on DLC? makes no sense. PC will get DLC by the time we get the full release.

It's taking so long because Xbox is a lot harder to work with. Xbox requires much more development, and bug fixes are still in the works as they are being updated.

Just wait, don't get mad because the devs are pouring time into dlc AND the main game. Just wait.
  • buzzibuzzi Italia Join Date: 2018-01-23 Member: 235499Members
    And ps4 version?this is a awesom game but.....for ps4?
    buzzi wrote: »
    And ps4 version?this is a awesom game but.....for ps4?

As said before in multiple threads, it's being considered by the devs. Playstation, as said before, doesn't have a good early access and update work.
  • Stoshu1Stoshu1 Join Date: 2018-03-30 Member: 239635Members
    One thing, when ever I play subnautica in every world I go in I can't build anything. And, the worlds I already have stuff build they disappeared and also sometimes then I go in the water its like i'm walking in air like the water is not there but on my screen it is there? Is there a way to fix this?
    Stoshu1 wrote: »
    One thing, when ever I play subnautica in every world I go in I can't build anything. And, the worlds I already have stuff build they disappeared and also sometimes then I go in the water its like i'm walking in air like the water is not there but on my screen it is there? Is there a way to fix this?

Do a full re-install. Uninstall the game through steam, then go into the files (Steam>Steamapps>Common) and delete all the subnautica folder. Then install the game and it should work. If your on xbox, just re-install.
  • xColdFireRubyxxColdFireRubyx USA Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216904Members
    Who is answering fan questions here? Seriously. Because some one asks a question you've had to answer before doesn't make it okay to be curt in your responses. I feel it would be remiss to not mention that without fan support, where would you be? Most of us have been patient for quite a long time (xbox patron here), patiently waiting to play a game we paid for but couldn't for quite awhile due to its "still in development status". My point is this: be kind to the ones that have gotten you where you are. Without player support you can't do what you do. I feel it is only fair to mention this is the first time I have ever seen anyone representing this developer appear so irritated. Usually UW is represented well and with patience. Don't be like Wildcard. Be UW. Appreciate your fan base.
  • ProntiusProntius Join Date: 2018-04-10 Member: 239941Members
    While I appreciate the update, I really hope the next patch can address the issues with VR (Keypads and cyclops controls being almost unusable) Some options to adjust the GUI distance in VR would be great too.
  • Stoshu1Stoshu1 Join Date: 2018-03-30 Member: 239635Members
    Stoshu1 wrote: »

Do a full re-install. Uninstall the game through steam, then go into the files (Steam>Steamapps>Common) and delete all the subnautica folder. Then install the game and it should work. If your on xbox, just re-install.

thanks. I will try it.
  • Assisen1Assisen1 Join Date: 2018-04-24 Member: 240288Members
    edited April 2018
    First of all love the game!!
    But since update 85 on steam my waypoints are gone. The beacons are still there and if i pick them up and put them back they work again. But my prawn suits, seamoths and cyclop don't show there icon.
    First i thought it was becaus of a mod i used, but after removing this stil was the case. If i rebuild my vehicles they show a waypoint tested this in creative. Please some info. GHard to play the game if you can't find your cyclops.
    Thanks
  • ejnomadejnomad Under the Sea Join Date: 2018-04-15 Member: 240078Members
    edited April 2018
    Fantastic. How about removing the thermometer from the blueprints HUD now? Or putting it back.
  • DevantejahDevantejah Join Date: 2018-04-24 Member: 240297Members
    ejnomad wrote: »
    Fantastic. How about removing the thermometer from the blueprints HUD now? Or putting it back.

Sounds really gamebreaking, I also hope they put it as first priority.
  • Camdenator11Camdenator11 Join Date: 2018-03-11 Member: 238922Members
    How about you try fixing some of the vr bugs that have gone unchecked for so long
    ejnomad wrote: »

Nice idea, they'll fix it soon.
    How about you try fixing some of the vr bugs that have gone unchecked for so long

It's a lot harder to develop a VR version than a main version, especially when the entire less than ten person team of subnautica is focused on the Expansion.