Crashing launching or playing Subnautica? Follow these steps to make a good crash support post!

Comments

• kermitTFkermitTF Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235966Members
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 1a
    BCP1: 0000000000041790
    BCP2: FFFFFA80016BCE10
    BCP3: 000000000000FFFF
    BCP4: 0000000000000000
    OS Version: 6_1_7601
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\012718-28938-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Desktop\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-35022-0.sysdata.xml

2nd BSOD in two days, been playing it three. Not sure if it helps but here's my error report.
  • alexzAN2404alexzAN2404 Norway Join Date: 2018-01-23 Member: 235525Members
    edited January 2018
    Keep crashing after a few minutes everytime.

The picture is just freezing and i can hearmyself walking around, then after a few seconds it just closes without any massages.

Dxdiag: pastebin.com/i8wnRUz1

Output_log: pastebin.com/xwTbrMQ7

• jazhajazha Join Date: 2017-03-13 Member: 228906Members
    edited January 2018
    Keep crashing after a few minutes everytime.

The picture is just freezing and i can hearmyself walking around, then after a few seconds it just closes without any massages.

Dxdiag: pastebin.com/i8wnRUz1

Output_log: pastebin.com/xwTbrMQ7

I have the same problem, can play for maybe 10-30 minutes, then screen freezes, I still hear sounds, and then the game closes.

error.log: -removed-
    output.log: -removed-
    dxdiag: -removed-

EDIT:

After testing some more I figured out that my laptop was overheating, and that caused the graphics card to crash.
  • ckrastackrasta Join Date: 2018-01-29 Member: 236156Members
    edited January 2018
    i can hear it playing but i cant click it open or see the picture of it
    dxdiag- pastebin.com/hcLpduL9
    output log- pastebin.com/jQWumFeS

anyone know how to fix?
  • MorwynMorwyn Mariana Trench Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 236006Members
    Just bought Subnautica on Steam and running into a pile of "odd" glitches and crashes. First, the specs;

DiDiag: https://pastebin.com/yyZqj4Tt
    Output: https://pastebin.com/H8ru36fV

Really haven't been able to play it at all, even when it does load. Usually, it just does a CTD when I try to load. Sometime, it loads and I can play for a bit, then it dumps to desktop. On another try, I actually loaded, played and saved and then tried to quit. As soon as I hit quit my machine went into Shutdown! This is the only game that gives me problems, I can handle anything else but Subnautica is glitchy as hell.

I've tested various in-game settings, drivers are current and running default settings.

It's worth mentioning that at first the game wouldn't load at all and I was getting this error;

ofFckAC.png

Eventually, I was able to figure out that the bad_module_info bug was related to the XBox's GameBar overlay on Windows 10 from the Fall Creator's Update. My fix for that is here;

http://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/0/1693785669851627557/?tscn=1517082225

There seems to be a lot of odd clipping errors, as well, especially around that big crashed ship if you approach it. I was just exploring that area surrounding the ship and textures get VERY blurry, also.

Looks like a fun game but there are a lot of weird problems with it. Do I need a refund?
  • ghostfireghostfire Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235971Members
    Hey

I run the normal Steam release 59783 , SN crash after ~ 10 - 15 minutes of during the game.

output_log: pastebin.com/DW1KLRjS
    dxdiag: pastebin.com/xZqFFkX9

Yes, I run W10 Insider Preview, all Driver driver are currend, other games have no problem.

I hope you can help

ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF668339C2E)
    0x00007FF668339C2E (Subnautica)

Thx
    Greetings
  • LebirosLebiros Join Date: 2018-01-30 Member: 236295Members
    Hello dev,
    I bought Subnautica last Sunday.
    The first time I launch it, it work correctly and I played it during 30 minutes before to close it.
    Since, when I try to re-launch the game, it open during 1 second and it close.
    During this 1 second, I can see a dark screen with many little details like "loading" in left down, "backup in progress" in left high, "janv.-2018 59783" in right high,"radiation detected" center high, and many logos like the battery, the temperature, life and other logos who should be here when we use a vehicle.

Thank you in advance and sorry for the mistakes : I'm french :#
  • LebirosLebiros Join Date: 2018-01-30 Member: 236295Members
    I have use the screenshot on my profil
  • NocturnNocturn Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236474Members
    Played the game for like 22 hours then my PC crashed. Whitescreen (sometimes purple screen) i can hear a buzzing sound from my boxes like its freezing. gotta force shut down the whole pc and restart it.

First of all here are the data u want:
    Cant post any links yet due to new account so write https in front

Dxdiag: pastebin.com/jDwHc7pZ
    Datalog: pastebin.com/qq6fuZps

I did also make a steam topic in bugs, crashes and so on.
    Here is the discussion (with http in front): steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/3/1700541698682848469/

Tried out a lot of different suggestions from other players and nothing worked.

The temporary solution - deleting the cellscache folder - seems to work for a while but not even for a whole day of playing. After 3 hours (maximum yet - the pc crashed again).

I really like this game. i dont mind about some fps-drops due to its current state or that terrain isnt being loaded correctly until u get 50 or 100 m near to it but i cant get over the game crash.

Iam really not sure what to do. Everything is up to date and i have no issue in any other game or software.

Somewhere i read that someone got a high usage of his/her cpu and when being in menu it went up to 100% which resulted in overheating the cpu /coolingsystem.

My cpu-usage was always around 50 % - not sure though whats happening when the game crashes.

Ofc i do get critical error in my event monitor from windows because the pc crashed with no reason.

I understand that you guys need those data to try to fix the game but iam ont a fan of posting those private data - besides the subnautica log. I hope this really helps and will result in a positive result for everyone.
  • eclaireeclaire Join Date: 2018-02-04 Member: 236843Members
    I played for a little over 4 hours and now every time I try to load my save it crashes.

output_log.txt: pastebin.com/R1SRPK03
    DxDiag: pastebin.com/0dmuwaA9
    Save file: www.dropbox.com/s/qvtl4u023lnheuy/subnautica-save.zip?dl=0

It's frustrating to never know when I'm going to lose all my progress because my savegame becomes unloadable. Far too many bugs for a released game.
  • gwizzdekgwizzdek Join Date: 2018-02-04 Member: 236851Members
    Early Access Warning
    When i start the games it just geting me to a screen with the "Subnautica" text and "EalryAccessWarning" and i cant do anything else there(i need to alt+F4 to close the game for example).I tried to reinstall it, check the integrity of the game files and try the experimental version but nothing fixed the problem. Please help me out here.

pastebin.com/embed_iframe/WdSYtQS7
    pastebin.com/embed_iframe/75VGbZ6V

pasteboard.co/H68fcFZ.jpg
  • HumunanungaHumunanunga United States Join Date: 2018-02-04 Member: 236861Members
    I'm having a bad time right now. I was going to play Subnautica now that the full release is out, but while I can hear the menu music play, this is all I have as a window to interact with.
    > 78.media.tumblr.com/15052cea25c97511555a4d34ad69a12e/tumblr_inline_p3fxoxZ00d1rql4vp_500.png
    > 78.media.tumblr.com/4d25ca75c821bf8f5ef20bbc2c8b4df3/tumblr_inline_p3fxotVKXA1rql4vp_400.png

I have so far tried, in varying orders:
    > Alt+Enter
    > checking all driver settings
    > checking that other 3D games can still play on my computer (they can)
    > Shift+Right-Clicking the window's taskbar icon (no interaction, but any other window responds)
    > uninstalling and reinstalling Subnautica
    > deleting Subnautica caches
    > deleting all Subnautica files, uninstalling, and then reinstalling
    > using the Control Panel to make sure that my one monitor is the only monitor selected for gameplay
    > updating Windows
    > updating my graphics drivers
    > varying key shortcuts for viewing, moving or selecting windows
    > verifying the files
  • naivrinaivri Join Date: 2018-02-05 Member: 236911Members
    Hi

Worked fine yesterday, now today crashes after a few minutes gameplay every time I try to play

Would love to post link to the pastebin as per your original post - can't post clickable links since I just signed up to the forums "you need to wait a while longer before posting links" - Didn't really think through the use of forums as a support network did you?

output log - Pastebin /KUSr39Vp

dxdiag - Pastebin /j80qseaf

• ckrastackrasta Join Date: 2018-01-29 Member: 236156Members
    I'm having a bad time right now. I was going to play Subnautica now that the full release is out, but while I can hear the menu music play, this is all I have as a window to interact with.
    > 78.media.tumblr.com/15052cea25c97511555a4d34ad69a12e/tumblr_inline_p3fxoxZ00d1rql4vp_500.png
    > 78.media.tumblr.com/4d25ca75c821bf8f5ef20bbc2c8b4df3/tumblr_inline_p3fxotVKXA1rql4vp_400.png

I have so far tried, in varying orders:
    > Alt+Enter
    > Shift+Right-Clicking the window's taskbar icon (no interaction, but any other window responds)
    > using the Control Panel to make sure that my one monitor is the only monitor selected for gameplay
    > updating Windows
    > verifying the files

try changing your scaling on the nvidia control panel to no scaling and it should work
  • glaed555glaed555 España Join Date: 2018-02-05 Member: 236878Members
    Since i play on VR i can't open the game again i will post my error on new thread
  • HumunanungaHumunanunga United States Join Date: 2018-02-04 Member: 236861Members
    @ckrasta Ah, I actually forgot to list that one. I have tried that as well.
  • pbsturtepbsturte Join Date: 2018-02-05 Member: 236876Members
    edited February 2018
    I've got an *excitingly* messed up save file. I saved in the foyer of my cyclops, and now when I load into the game, I'm swimming in it. When I hit escape, the menu overlay doesn't work-- and doesn't go away when I hit escape again. Getting in the Seamoth hangs the game. I can't interact with the controls, and when I use [tab] to bring up the menu, and then put it down again, it gets-- for lack of a better term-- stuck on the scanner tool. Tried deleting the cache files, it does nothing. It's profoundly weird, and I am sad that I lost so many hours of progress! Help??

UPDATE: It seems to have borked my whole game. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling three times, but even with new games I get similar issues (especially unresponsive menus). Also, now I get no sound whatsoever. My working theory is that it has something to do with thinking my PC is on VR, but I've used the no VR launch option and it does nothing. So I'm stuck with a game that simply refuses to work at all anymore.

Save folder, dxdiag and log file are in google drive here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1abIdK8QHswgb0HM6-XUm07ebBUexbZas?usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1abIdK8QHswgb0HM6-XUm07ebBUexbZas?usp=sharing
  • Abcd1978Abcd1978 Join Date: 2018-02-06 Member: 236985Members
    Game refuses to start after windows updates/Video card updates/ect. I have done all troubleshooting things I can find. The game just doesn't run. I exceed the requirements as well.

Windows 7 64bit
    FX8350
    RX480 8gb
    16gb DDR3
    2TB of free space
    Temps are fine

I am only posting this here because I have to wait a day to make a topic, and I'm slight irate but I don't want to get a refund already.

Here is the log file :https: //pastebin.com/i49vCg1M

Here is the error file if you need it : https: //pastebin.com/gmjnTFe4
  • Pktur3Pktur3 US Join Date: 2018-02-06 Member: 237055Members
    Keep crashing after a few minutes/hours.

Dxdiag: pastebin.com/sNZ7NQkC

Output_log: pastebin.com/5pu8X7Vm
  • LosProsLosPros Russian / Ukr Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236716Members
    Greetings from Russia

Перевод может быть плохим / Translation can be bad.
    ENG(translated):

Hello! I got to the TPP in the Lavovo biome, got a referral to a new base. But that's not the task, I had to go on business at that time. I stayed at the TPP and went on business. Turning back home, and running the game, I realized that things are bad. As soon as I take a couple of steps in the crab, the game immediately flies to the desktop, and as I open it back, then there appears an eternal black screen. I mumble white. And then the crash, and then the already dead video card ("The AMD video adapter stopped working and was Has been successfully restored. Earlier I did not encounter such a problem.)
    Usually the game takes 600MB. Why such a sharp load?
    Can I delete the last save and start with the previous one?
    If I turn on the console and enter there "SPAWN" then after disconnecting the console, I can get the story and the news?

Rus: Добрался до ТЭС в Лавовом биоме,получил направление на новую базу.Но вот не задача,мне пришлось в тот момент уйти по делам.Я сохранился возле ТЭС и пошел по делам.Вернувшись домой,и запустив игру,я понял,что дела плохи.Как только я в крабе делаю пару шагов игра сразу вылетает на рабочий стол,а как открываю ее обратно то появляется вечный черный экран.Жмакаю-белый.А потом уже и краш,а потом уже и дохлая видеокарта("Видеоадаптер AMD прекратил работу и был успешно восстановлен.Раньше с такой проблемой не сталкивался.)
    Обычно игра занимает 600МБ.Почему такая резкая нагрузка?
    Можно ли как то удалить последнее сохранение,и начать с предыдущего?
    Если я включу консоль и введу там "SPAWN" то после отключения консоли я смогу получать сюжет и атичвки?
  • LosProsLosPros Russian / Ukr Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236716Members
    Error occurred at 2018-02-03_225622.
    E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica.exe, run by ADMIN.
    75% memory in use.
    6026 MB physical memory [1490 MB free].
    12050 MB paging file [7129 MB free].
    8388608 MB user address space [8386244 MB free].
    Read from location 00000061 caused an access violation.
  • FastF0XFastF0X United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-02-10 Member: 237335Members
    Hi, I have just purchased the game through Steam. I start the game, the menu comes up then Play game -> Start a new game -> (Now I need to chose a game mode. Survival, Free, etc.) When I press on any of them nothing happens at all.
    Is there a solution for this?
    I'm getting a bit disappointed. :-/

Thanks.
  • TheAvatarTheAvatar Germany Join Date: 2018-02-05 Member: 236910Members
    Hey there,

I have freezes (within Subnautica) that end in a hard reboot. During a freeze, the whole system is frozen.
    Those happen more and more frequent since the release. It was not an issue before.
    I play in VR. I'm 75 hours into the game.
    The last freeze occurred while saving, thus wrecking my savegame.
    Because there is only one save - there is no recovery.

The DxDiag.txt
    and the output_log.txt you can find here:
    [https]://pastebin.com/zaKeWRVy
    (your system won't let me paste links :-/)

It would be great to hear from you regarding this, because Subnautica is one of my favorite games already.

Thanks!
    Update: add uninstalling/reinstalling Steam to my list... that didn't work either.
  • GlyphGryphGlyphGryph USA Join Date: 2015-02-19 Member: 201435Members
    edited February 2018
    I was having problems with the game making my computer hard-reset for the last week or so (about 70 hours in). Got to the point where trying to load my save would shut off the computer as if it were hit by a power outage. Clearing Cell Cache data (from here: https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/146057/an-updated-guide-fix-crashes-lag-stuttering-and-keep-your-saves-through-subnautica-upgrades#latest) fixed the problem, never had anything like this with anything else as far as I know.
  • BoBM1_0BoBM1_0 Join Date: 2018-02-17 Member: 237793Members
    Hello, I have the same issue as FastFox has noted above. I start the game, the menu comes up then Play game -> Start a new game -> When I press on any of them nothing happens at all.

Is anybody else having the same issue, is there a fix for this.

Cheers Bob
  • PaddyMPaddyM Northern Ireland Join Date: 2018-02-17 Member: 237784Members
    edited February 2018
    I can't post links, so you'll have to copy and paste the URLs below into your browser. You should remove this restriction from the Bug Reporting forum.

I noticed severe performance problems not too long after getting back from my first cyclops expedition, and suffered a few freezes followed by crashes to desktop as a result. I think I know what the problem is: an infinite number of invisible floaters seems to be spawning inside the cyclops. When I get inside the vehicle, I constantly have the prompt to "pick up" a floater no matter where I point my crosshair, even though there isn't a floater in sight. Here are a couple of screenshots showing the problem:

imgur.com/a/Ilhdj

I fill my inventory with them, drop them outside, and return; they're still there, and there doesn't seem to be any end to them. I tried moving the cyclops away from its current location, but the problem follows me (and I can only get so far before the game crashes).

Here's the log file and my DxDiag output:

output_log: pastebin.com/LZi1gyxC
    DxDiag: pastebin.com/kKEPPfTY

This line from the log file, which is repeated 1,469 times, seems to point to the issue:
    Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Landscape/Cells/CellRoot(Clone)/FloatingStone5_Floaters(Clone)/Floater(Clone)"

(Filename:  Line: 177)

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I really don't want to even think about restarting the game at this point.

Cheers!

EDIT: the "pick up floater" prompt isn't limited to just the cyclops, it's everywhere, inside my base as well as in the water, everywhere I look. When I drop the floaters after picking them up, they are still invisible.
  • KaosFactorKaosFactor FRANCE Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237635Members
    edited February 2018
    Hello,

I'm reaching out because it's impossible for me to play Subnautica on my PC. I purchased the game back in December 13, 2016 and I have played about 18h during its beta version.

It has since been officially released and today I want to play it via Steam on my PC. However, upon clicking on the "play" button in the Steam game manager, Subnautica is launched but never reaches the start screen. The bug is apparent in that:

- Subnautica game's icon appears on my Windows 10 task bar
    - I can hear the music of the game's start screen through my PC's speakers
    - yet I cannot access *any* element of the game since the game's window is black (I can't even reach the settings and lower the graphic card preferences which I've seen is a recommended solution to game issues)

Actually I can't even push the game's window to be displayed in full screen.

Here are the links to my DxDiag and the output_log (in 6 parts since pastebin.com has a file size limit).

https://pastebin.com/B7A7AAbL ---> DxDiag
    https://pastebin.com/76renxdS ---> output_log_1
    https://pastebin.com/nNNRwH1S ---> output_log_2
    https://pastebin.com/CH0XEFkD ---> output_log_3
    https://pastebin.com/0VgHznai ---> output_log_4
    https://pastebin.com/rN86EwqA ---> output_log_5
    https://pastebin.com/NwYaiJeT ---> output_log_6

What should I do next to get the game working properly?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited February 2018
    @KaosFactor try this in task manager:
    ebe39293e6677935a5fc00f0c716881c.gif
    Courtesy of FlippingPower and 0x6A7232
    @KaosFactor You are the first I've seen describe the exact same problem I've been having. A bit further up this thread, I listed almost everything I'd tried and I will again:

> Alt+Enter
    > updating Windows
    > verifying the files
    > NVidia scaling
    > since posting this the first time, I have also tried uninstalling/reinstalling Steam

And @narfblat since this is the problem I have too, I tried that and there was no response from the game.