Crashing launching or playing Subnautica? Follow these steps to make a good crash support post!

Comments

• pierreprunierpierreprunier France Join Date: 2017-10-30 Member: 233779Members
    edited November 2017
    hi i was playing subnautica since august, but since the 27 i can't any more open the game, when a enter a black screem come and nothing esle is coming. i sheck my computor to see if there was a problem with my video card update the drivers noting worked. i unistall subnautica end steam and reinstall them but noting change. some poeple sand me to a bug guid page on that website but it didn't help me. so i need help to fix my problem, my computor ; amd fx 8core, 24 g ram ddr3, geforce gt710, driver last update, directx 11. please help....
  • MadamMimsManMadamMimsMan Denmark Join Date: 2017-11-11 Member: 233943Members
    My pc shuts down during gameplay. version Oct-2017 55670

dxdiag report: pastebin.com/QPbAjQGp
    output_log: pastebin.com/22TnJ2kw

after a few minutes of playing my pc shuts down. I have about 100 hours of gameplay total and just over 16 hours on this save where the problem occurs.
    Im running HWmonitor on my second screen and neither cpu (max 75c) or GPU (max 82c) is overheating.
    I have tried deleting the batch-files and CellsCache/compiledOctreesCache folders as suggest elsewhere. That helped me to play a couple of hours yesterday, but its not helping today.

(not allowed to post links yet, but hope this will do)
  • NamealwaysinuseNamealwaysinuse Germany Join Date: 2016-11-15 Member: 223887Members
    Hey :)

since the Experimental Patch Build after #55058, SN crash after Start

output_log: https://pastebin.com/VySkaWvg
    dxdiag: https://pastebin.com/5xTimYLT

i see the SN Window popping up and in the same second it is closed.
    i try to uninstall and reinstall it, try the Stable Version, other Graphics Driver, but nothing changed.

Other games like e.g. Bermuda - Lost Survival, Stranded Deep and so on run fine, just SN crashes after #55058.

i hope you can help :)

Thx
    Greetings
  • zdszds Finland Join Date: 2017-08-08 Member: 232317Members
    A crash report, Experimental version, build 56549.

I was exploring deep caves, dropped a beacon to know where to come back and started moving out in my Sea Moth far enough to see how it got named and then the game crashed.

The crash report directory, compressed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gmzqaza9g6tenil/2017-11-18_174624.zip?dl=0
    DxDiag: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mkb89aozg0i45fh/DxDiag.txt?dl=0
    Another crash. Vive, Steam Controller, Experimental version, build 56549.

The crash report, compressed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4619jg0j51gve1r/2017-11-19_163640.zip?dl=0
    DxDiag: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mkb89aozg0i45fh/DxDiag.txt?dl=0
  • Ve6Ve6 Join Date: 2017-11-25 Member: 234110Members
    Game crashes at random times.

Output_log: pastebin.com/CjgVXpM1
    DxDiag: pastebin.com/yEw47XVs
    Subnautica did not recognize this as crash, but froze completely and Windows eventually killed it.

Experimental, build 56846.

Compressed log, containing stack trace and all that jazz: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rykbgusw16vuwp4/subnautica_freeze_output_log_0.zip?dl=0
    Subnautica did not recognize this as crash, but froze completely and Windows eventually killed it.

Experimental, build 56880.

Compressed log, containing stack trace and all that jazz: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5rhqfhnqubkptcr/subnautica_freeze_output_log_20171128_1333.zip?dl=0
    DxDiag: pastebin.com/yEw47XVs
  • Danbob13Danbob13 Join Date: 2017-12-20 Member: 234518Members
    I will definitely keep this in mind when I make my post, thanks.
  • gui588gui588 Join Date: 2017-12-18 Member: 234485Members
    (im from brazil so dont judge my english) so i have a question
    what do i have to do if my game suddently have a veeeery little resolution and even if i delete every file from my computer it still continues?
    (i mean litlle like realy tiny i cant even see the buttons and all)
  • jorgor11jorgor11 Polska Join Date: 2017-12-24 Member: 234571Members
    Hello,
    I bought a new game and installed it without problems. When I run, there is no choice on the main screen ( main menu ). There is only the sea and a large Subnautica logo. At the bottom of the screen is "EarlyAccessWarning" and that's all. Please help start the game :(

Output_log: pastebin. com/1T8fBQ4V
    DxDiag: pastebin. com/TPAaEm7V

and main menu when I run the game: naforum.zapodaj. net/abf6fc071d42.jpg.html

( In website link please delete the space )
  • maximusv2004maximusv2004 Quebec, canada Join Date: 2018-01-05 Member: 234826Members
    edited January 2018
    hello Devs,
    i love your game and i have for quite a while. experimental version [ 58739 ] .
    pastebin. com/CPkDq1p0. (i inserted a space before the .com so i could post it)
    i just finished hatching the eggs in the containment facility and was cured of the sickness(animation and all).
    Every time i start moving the cyclops i get to move for a few seconds and then it stops... i cant let go of the driver "wheel" and cant turn anymore...
    i was leaving my prawn suit behind, i also tried (in case) not leaving my prawn suit behind to no effect.
    i tried getting in [freecam] mode to see if i was clipping in anything.
    i tried using the [dig #] command to eat the terrain around the cyclops in case i was clipping into something. i shut the game of completely and came back to it a while after to change my mind.
    this is so frustrating because i cant move my cyclops and do anything else. i cant see anything wrong and the only other solution i see at this point is moving all my stuff manually... witch would take forever...
    i put a link to a pastebin site where i copied all the content of the output_file.txt and the dxdiag.txt .
    i hope you find what it is because it was very frustrating. i don't want to start an other game just now after playing for 2 days
  • maximusv2004maximusv2004 Quebec, canada Join Date: 2018-01-05 Member: 234826Members
    edited January 2018
    hello Devs,
    i love your game and i have for quite a while. experimental version [ 58739 ] .
    pastebin. com/CPkDq1p0. (i inserted a space before the .com so i could post it)
    i just finished hatching the eggs in the containment facility and was cured of the sickness(animation and all).
    Every time i start moving the cyclops i get to move for a few seconds and then it stops... i cant let go of the driver "wheel" and cant turn anymore...
    i was leaving my prawn suit behind, i also tried (in case) not leaving my prawn suit behind to no effect.
    i tried getting in [freecam] mode to see if i was clipping in anything.
    i tried using the [dig #] command to eat the terrain around the cyclops in case i was clipping into something. i shut the game of completely and came back to it a while after to change my mind.
    this is so frustrating because i cant move my cyclops and do anything else. i cant see anything wrong and the only other solution i see at this point is moving all my stuff manually... witch would take forever...
    i put a link to a pastebin site where i copied all the content of the output_file.txt and the dxdiag.txt .
    i hope you find what it is because it was very frustrating. i don't want to start an other game just now after playing for 2 days

p.s. i also tried to build a new cyclops and moving around and i cant move or stop either .. its not restricted to the cyclops int front of the containment facility.
  • HazeyDaysHazeyDays Join Date: 2018-01-15 Member: 235058Members
    edited January 2018
    Ive been pulling my hair out. The game stops loading after about 12 seconds on a brand new game, no save files whatsoever. It says; Error loading SNUnmangedData\Build18. I have tried everything I can online and there are no answers. I reinstalled windows once, then a re-partition install the second time, tried experimental, reinstalled the game 6 times, tried a different download location, ran chkdsk /F with 0 issues, and deleted everything to do with the game on the computer. Upon examination I noticed there were duplicate files in the Build18 folder and the first sets had (name_conflict)_ in the filename and I even tried deleting the smaller file and replacing them with those duplicates. Nothing. In the output log it says access to __buildnumber and __buildtime were denied, as well as prefabs.db The only thing I have done differently since the last time I played with no issues was upgrade my motherboard, cpu and ram. Then the game updated on the 10th (Jan) and that is when I tried playing the game, to have it not load. Before this, I had the game work fine for me for the last few years since I bought it. Hopefully this can be fixed by the time it releases on the 23rd.

I want this issues resolved asap, before 1.0 comes. I thought the 300mb update would fix it....nothing.

dxdiag: <a href="https://pastebin.com/t7V6xR4i">https://pastebin.com/t7V6xR4i</a&gt;

output_log.txt: <a href="https://pastebin.com/s93GMGiz">https://pastebin.com/s93GMGiz</a&gt;
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2018
    HazeyDays wrote: »
    Ive been pulling my hair out. The game stops loading after about 12 seconds on a brand new game, no save files whatsoever. It says; Error loading SNUnmangedData\Build18. I have tried everything I can online and there are no answers. I reinstalled windows once, then a re-partition install the second time, tried experimental, reinstalled the game 6 times, tried a different download location, ran chkdsk /F with 0 issues, and deleted everything to do with the game on the computer. Upon examination I noticed there were duplicate files in the Build18 folder and the first sets had (name_conflict)_ in the filename and I even tried deleting the smaller file and replacing them with those duplicates. Nothing. In the output log it says access to __buildnumber and __buildtime were denied, as well as prefabs.db The only thing I have done differently since the last time I played with no issues was upgrade my motherboard, cpu and ram. Then the game updated on the 10th (Jan) and that is when I tried playing the game, to have it not load. Before this, I had the game work fine for me for the last few years since I bought it. Hopefully this can be fixed by the time it releases on the 23rd.

I want this issues resolved asap, before 1.0 comes. I thought the 300mb update would fix it....nothing.

dxdiag: <a href="https://pastebin.com/t7V6xR4i">https://pastebin.com/t7V6xR4i</a&gt;

output_log.txt: <a href="https://pastebin.com/s93GMGiz">https://pastebin.com/s93GMGiz</a&gt;

From you rlog, Subnautica is having issues reading/wriging your your harddrive, likely being locked out by your older intel drivers (which Intel have acknowledged cause this issue).
    UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Subnautica\__buildtime.txt" is denied.

Please install the very latest intel drivers http://downloadcenter.intel.com from their site for your on-board GPU, as they stop certain Steam files from loading. Delete Subnautica from Steam & re-install it once you're installed the new drivers.
  • HazeyDaysHazeyDays Join Date: 2018-01-15 Member: 235058Members
    edited January 2018
    Hi thanks for the quick reply. I knew it was to do with those locked files, and don't have an on-board GPU, the 6850K is not equipped with one. I had a feeling it might to do with the CPU not having a on-board GPU, my last CPU did so that has to be it, at least I hope:P Anyways thanks again, if I have any other problems ill message again.

update2: ok sorry I keep saying new things, I just keep finding new information that to me sounds like its a possibility. I am reading that igfxem.exe might be the culprit, as it seems to have control over Steams file structure. I must of had it with the previous 4770k and maybe now that I don't the game is expecting it? Ugh, im going insane, its always hard for me to give up when I run into an issue. I usually keep going until I fix it. This is the first time I have asked for help on a form, steam or otherwise. Please bare with me:P

update: so there are no drivers for the 6850K on their site. The turbo boost max 3.0 is the only one it shows and I have it already. Also, its the game that cant seem to access the files. I can easily, and even edit them. Even after the update they were updated with new txt. My os is a brand new install, with no old drivers whatsoever in the system. Also, is the (name_conflict)_ in the few files in Build18 normal? I see there are already files in the list named the same which is probably why there's a conflict. This is very frustrating, I have to say it has to be something to do with Subnautica, or Steam. Unless the game just does not support my CPU, and I can't find anywhere that says it is. So, ill just wait until the 23rd and see how things work with the 1.0 install.
  • XiphorisXiphoris Join Date: 2018-01-21 Member: 235292Members
    edited January 2018
    It's inconvenient that one has to wait a day and post comments in other threads before they can submit a bug report in this forum.
  • TheRobLPTheRobLP Österreich Join Date: 2018-01-21 Member: 235321Members
    Hey Obraxis. Im sorry to write that here but im not enabled to make a topic yet. So: How exactly do I spawn in Reaper / Sea Dragons / Emperor eggs using the console? I want them in my aquarium really bad. Also to fullfill the porpuse of that thread: When going to the menu/PDA while in a seamoth whilst using a controller and press B to exit the menu/PDA I also get out of the moth
  • Cartmen88Cartmen88 Warrington/UK Join Date: 2018-01-21 Member: 235330Members
    My game keep crashing after some time. Sometimes its 5 minutes sometimes 18. It doesn't matter what I am doing or where I am it just crashes to desktop without any error.

dxdiag: pastebin.com/jfXK7WRd

output_log: pastebin.com/vnxL5Zht

I bought the game 2 days ago.
  • TheRobLPTheRobLP Österreich Join Date: 2018-01-21 Member: 235321Members
    Cartmen88 wrote: »
    My game keep crashing after some time. Sometimes its 5 minutes sometimes 18. It doesn't matter what I am doing or where I am it just crashes to desktop without any error.

dxdiag: pastebin.com/jfXK7WRd

output_log: pastebin.com/vnxL5Zht

I bought the game 2 days ago.

Is the output file you pasted here the same located in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data
  • Cartmen88Cartmen88 Warrington/UK Join Date: 2018-01-21 Member: 235330Members
    Yes it is from there except its on a different drive. I did not play since because of the crashes :(
    Is the output file you pasted here the same located in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data

• DayjobDayjob Michigan, USA Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235556Members
    Hello devs! My forum account is new, and I am unable to create a new topic, hopefully posting here is okay!

I am currently experiencing a bug/crash that occurs at the end of the game. I am going to put some of this text in a spoiler window, in case other people read this; I don't want their experience ruined!
    The crash happens shortly after I launch the Neptune rocket. I get through the debris and start the slingshot maneuver. At the end of the communication from the Leviathan, the game just closes.

I am unable to post links; however I do have them saved, so I would be more than happy to DM them to one of the mods or devs!

Thank you so much for your game, and your time!
  • HerasyHerasy Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235591Members
    I'm getting display driver crashes ranging from a minute to 5 minutes after starting the game. Specifically d3d11.dll Access Violation errors.
    This is on the latest version, my card should easily run this game (no frame issues, just crashes), but it wouldn't be the first time AMD drivers were terrible at handling certain games.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Will update this post with links to crash files once the forum lets me.
  • ian_crenshawian_crenshaw temple,tx Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235677Members
    it doesnt really crash, it plays the music but the window wont open. in task manager it says its running and ive tried everything i can think of including everything extra you've mentioned in this post. i really want to play this game again.

it wont let me post links to my paste bin so is there any other way i can get in contact with you?
    my pastebin name is ian_crenshaw. ive been working on these problems for over a week now and im at my wits end.
  • janlotharjanlothar Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235700Members
    edited January 2018
    Crashes very often on a new save, can range from right after game has loaded to 30 minutes. Tried uninstalling then deleting game directory then reinstalling through steam and updating video card but issue still persists. "Logioptionsmgr.exe" usually also crashes along with the game (logitech options application for my mouse). New account so can't proper links

dxdiag.exe
    pastebin.com/CYVTaPJS

output_log.txt
    pastebin.com/ZCQHwGRX
  • CastMeAwayCastMeAway Join Date: 2018-01-20 Member: 235288Members
    I'm having the same issues! The game worked for the first day when I bought it weeks ago. Ever since that first load up that worked, I can go a minute to five minutes before it suddenly freezes. Nothing causes the freeze. Its random. I can be doing something or just standing there/floating there looking at the scenary and then it freezes/crashes. The only concern is the directx 11 requirement. My computer has 12 due to windows 10. Could this be the cause?
  • HerasyHerasy Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235591Members
    Since I can't edit my old post anymore here is some crash logs for D3d11.dll Access Violation crashes.

DXDiag - https://pastebin.com/irysyGku
    Error - https://pastebin.com/1Uz7nkDG
    Output_log - https://pastebin.com/5pJSaE6f
  • SaanshXSaanshX Join Date: 2018-01-26 Member: 235848Members
    it doesnt really crash, it plays the music but the window wont open. in task manager it says its running and ive tried everything i can think of including everything extra you've mentioned in this post. i really want to play this game again.

it wont let me post links to my paste bin so is there any other way i can get in contact with you?
    my pastebin name is ian_crenshaw. ive been working on these problems for over a week now and im at my wits end.

So I have the same problem as Ian here. Launch the game from steam and i get some amazing audio but that's it. My computer shows its running, there's no crashing or anything, but that's it. Audio and the icon on my taskbar. Cannot open the window at all.

I purchased the game back in 2015 and it ran previously on this computer.

I verified game files, uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted steam and computer, tried to run normally then for the heck of it tried VR, tried to just wait, and nada. And I don't have avast anti virus. All drivers and whatnot are up to date also.

Output log - h ttps:// pastebin .com/EQPB7ztd
    DXdiag - h ttps:// pastebin .com/Ede0CYVH

I'm not allowed to post links so I added spaces so the site wouldn't create hyperlinks
  • 9nik09nik0 Join Date: 2018-01-26 Member: 235854Members
    I have the same problem...

I press start on steam, i hear the music and it shows the game icon...that´s all...
    The newest nvidia driver and window updates.

dxdiag: h ttps:// pastebin. com/pnMrG5mf
    output log: h ttps:// pastebin. com/yAVgcGEL

Reinstalled the game...i have no idea

• Parabola357Parabola357 Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235765Members
    Have the same issue. Played for ~60 hours and had some crashes before but now it's unplayable.
    Tried -force-d3d9, reinstalling and clearing CellsCache. After loading I have a few seconds before the crash.
    Here is my dxdiag, output log and error log from subnautica folder:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/u5nhfuzm6nbftzp/error.log?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2pufhw2pzd59pi/DxDiag.txt?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ducild9399pptl/output_log.txt?dl=0
    Will be grateful for any help