Subnautica Price on Xbox One - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageSubnautica Price on Xbox One - Subnautica

The price of Subnautica on Steam will increase from 19.99 US dollars to $24.99 on September 29, 2017. This price increase does not apply to Xbox One Game Preview. On...

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bump to open comment thread
  • gbuzz1216gbuzz1216 Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228771Members
    It would be awesome if you released it on November 30, just in time for Christmas and it’s on my birthday!
  • conalykaconalyka Canada Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232087Members
    Hugh wrote: »
    Bump to open comment thread

I would pay a thousand bucks for that freaking game!
  • Sub_Pilot13Sub_Pilot13 United States Join Date: 2017-09-28 Member: 233282Members
    If we bought the Pre-Release, do we have to re-buy the game when the full version is released??
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    If we bought the Pre-Release, do we have to re-buy the game when the full version is released??

It doest usually work that way, people who buy prelease versions usually get the full game free. It's to deter a sudden influx of people buying the game at the lower price weeks before the game hits retail. A good buffer which rewards those of us who play tested it.

I can't imagine Unknown Worlds being any different to the other pre release devs, in all cases the full game has come with the territory.
  • woofwoof4723woofwoof4723 New Zealand Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226992Members
    Glad to see your top priority is performance and getting the game done.
  • mateo512mateo512 Join Date: 2017-09-30 Member: 233315Members
    edited September 2017
    Can't even play this amazing story driven game because it keeps crashing, skipping, lagging, force closing, and not fully loading the map (I literally played about 2 hours of the game and was about to save but suddenly fell through the floor for no reason). It's such a shame... it's a fun game but its performance on the Xbox one is simply disgusting, probably one of the worst games I've seen perform on a next gen console. I'm literally not playing it until or if they eve fix the slew of problems this game has. I guess that's what I get for buying a game that's not finished lol. But yes I am happy to hear that they are aware of the issues and are working on them. This is most definitely one of my favorite games ever... Just hope they fix the problems soon.
  • NekoKatanaNekoKatana Join Date: 2017-02-13 Member: 227857Members
    Ok, i can dig that. at this moment though your Feedback servers appear to be down on the xbox one. today is 10-04-2017 October the fourth, Wednesday and it seems to have been down for about three days
    Also Please give the games engine an overhaul, survival mode gets insanely laggy,
    the "Sea-moth" glitch is still present in my copy.
    And thanks for making things in the game have their own ambient lighting it makes the game beautiful and better to see.
    I have read a lot of comments on the Xbox game-hub posts about save game errors but haven't run into them myself and some comments reporting that the lag is most present in "Survival" but not in creative so ill try that out for myself soon.
    One thing i just don't get in the game so far is the device that wirelessly transferes power, i cant get it to work properly and i would like it to be able to "charge" vehicles and the "Sea-glide" even if you choose to "balance" that idea with something i still would like to see it happen.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    NekoKatana wrote: »
    One thing i just don't get in the game so far is the device that wirelessly transferes power, i cant get it to work properly and i would like it to be able to "charge" vehicles and the "Sea-glide" even if you choose to "balance" that idea with something i still would like to see it happen.

This should probably have an explanation in the Power Transmitter technical data entry but:

The Power Transmitter must be placed within the range of the power source (generator, like Thermal Plant or Solar Panel). Once it has that power (usually very small range from the generator), it then extends that range by about 100m (not sure if that's 50m from the center, or if it's 100m from the center, probably 50m so, your first transmitter will only go 50m).

Transmitters show if they're in range with a blue energy line - if the line disappears, you're out of range (although it can clip through objects which is fine as long as it is still present).
  • astroneerant1astroneerant1 Auckland, New Zealand Join Date: 2017-10-06 Member: 233421Members
    This is a very good game. I play on the X box one version and as everyone is aware there are problems. Hopefully it will all be sorted by the end of October. I still play even though it is very frustrating.
  • DayDay Pittsburgh Join Date: 2017-06-12 Member: 231077Members
    mateo512 wrote: »
    Can't even play this amazing story driven game because it keeps crashing, skipping, lagging, force closing, and not fully loading the map (I literally played about 2 hours of the game and was about to save but suddenly fell through the floor for no reason). It's such a shame... it's a fun game but its performance on the Xbox one is simply disgusting, probably one of the worst games I've seen perform on a next gen console. I'm literally not playing it until or if they eve fix the slew of problems this game has. I guess that's what I get for buying a game that's not finished lol. But yes I am happy to hear that they are aware of the issues and are working on them. This is most definitely one of my favorite games ever... Just hope they fix the problems soon.

Keep in mind this game was sent out for early release. The developers have made great strides in game performance and content. Normally you would not be able to play a game prior to its official release. Unknownworlds have overcome many obstacles, the low frame rate on Xbox one will be overcome eventually.
  • RapidBinkyRapidBinky Redditch Join Date: 2017-10-13 Member: 233534Members
    will people that have Subnautica (game preview) on Xbox One have to pay for Subnautica when the game is fully launched?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    RapidBinky wrote: »
    will people that have Subnautica (game preview) on Xbox One have to pay for Subnautica when the game is fully launched?

No. You already bought the game. No need to re-buy.
  • sylvainsylvain Trelissac Join Date: 2017-10-15 Member: 233571Members
    Jespere que le bug de sauvegarde sera vite regler c chiant de jouer 2h00 puis sauvegarder pour rien car elle prend pas
  • JClinger2004JClinger2004 Join Date: 2017-10-10 Member: 233486Members
    i have been hearing that there is a new ship coming to subnatica. Is that true?
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited October 2017

I'm assuming that you're talking about the Atlas sub. From unfortunate events, I don't know if this sub will even be finished let alone grafted into the game via mods.

Some very loyal and very angry Anthomnia (A YouTuber) subscribers are now actively opposing the creator, @Minder, for copyright striking one of Anthomnia's videos.

So yeah, the Atlas probably won't happen now. The entire drama essentially destroyed Minder's credibility and a majority of his project.

It's a sad situation no matter what angle you look at it.
    And watch this entire post not have anything to do with the question.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    edited October 2017
    Skope wrote: »

I'm assuming that you're talking about the Atlas sub. From unfortunate events, I don't know if this sub will even be finished let alone grafted into the game via mods.

Some very loyal and very angry Anthomnia (A YouTuber) subscribers are now actively opposing the creator, @Minder, for copyright striking one of Anthomnia's videos.

So yeah, the Atlas probably won't happen now. The entire drama essentially destroyed Minder's credibility and a majority of his project.

It's a sad situation no matter what angle you look at it.
    And watch this entire post not have anything to do with the question.

Yeah, it's kinda sad. It had lots of potential. Too bad. :'(

Just a question: who copied who? I normally refrain from using profanity,but stealing somebody else's work and calling it your own is a pretty d--- move. It's one of the worst things you can do, in my opinion.
  • kaylahx278kaylahx278 Join Date: 2018-02-11 Member: 237385Members
    I dont seem to be able to purchase on xbox one and it does not give any reference on how to fix this or what may be the problem
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members