3-in-1 on Xbox One

Comments

• DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited September 2017
    adzdoom wrote: »
    Yup thats exactly how its feeling around here. Look I love the game and as I've said before have been a follower of this dev team since natural selection half life days and am just very disappointed with the track record of this game and now for the 2nd time a freakin save game bug... do they get worse other than not working at all? So I apologize If I have been rude or have seemed to be anti social and anti ass kiss.
    I refuse to applaud you guys for getting this patch out after how long it took but that doesn't seem to be a popular choice considering most posters seem all too happy to wait longer.

... prepared to be seized.

You know, you could always invest in a decent PC, and then no longer have to worry about the POS Xbox you apparently own.

Then you'd never have to worry again about any game you like, having to go through Microsoft's overly complex approval process Every Single Time a game is updated.

Which adds endless hours of testing and retesting and then testing again (and then even MS misses things) to the wait time of a game.
    B)
  • michaelmchurchmichaelmchurch Saudia Arabia Join Date: 2016-09-22 Member: 222487Members
    How can you launch the full game when the xbox performance is very bad.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    How can you launch the full game when the xbox performance is very bad.

Optimization. Lots and lots of Optimization.
  • MorningafterMorningafter Join Date: 2017-09-08 Member: 232877Members
    Look im happy you guys finally released this update...ecstatic really but this performance is piss poor. I really thought in the months and months it took you guys to release this, some effort would be put into optimization. Update looks great and all but its extremely depressing that the game runs even worse. 5fps on average is beyond frustrating or it freezing for 20 seconds at a time. With the game releasing so soon i hope you guys have a plan to smooth this out that doesnt take until the new year to be seen.
  • KelliseKellise UK Join Date: 2016-07-23 Member: 220582Members
    adzdoom wrote: »
    Heaven forbid I don't pat you guys on the back and say everythings fine.
    Preview program is nice to use an an excuse but are you really ok with being the only preview program out there thats left a game broken and unplayable for months and months on end.
    Stupid me for thinking that you're not ok with this, obviously its no big deal cause we're in preview.
    Kindly check my attitude? You effin seriously gonna pull that when you incompetent fucks are happy to take our money, happy to make us wait freakin months with a broken game while you hire people to fix what you cant and then rather than posting to the xbox community that you screwed up again, take the time to trash a customer who has every right to be pissed and disillusioned by your company. Well played sir . And for the record arguing and name calling, takes more than 1 person to argue... name calling? Harden the eff up and yeah kissing ass and saying everything's fine I'm sure helps you guys more.

Enjoy your ban, and yeah game preview, as in early access, as in it says on the tin to expect full on crashes and problems. Demanding much?
  • Kallen8277Kallen8277 Join Date: 2017-09-08 Member: 232881Members
    While I love this game and love the updates, the 3 in 1 update has made performance far worse than before. Before the update I was getting around 25 FPS on average on my new hardcore save. I started a new one for the update and rarely see it go above 15, and I haven't even built a base yet. Seamoths cause the terrain to not load even worse and can easily get you stuck, every time i exit a save and try and load another I get stuck on the loading screen on the main menu, and often subnautica just flat out doesn't want to start.

While I'm not as salty as the other guy and I really do love the game, I honestly think it should be pulled from the Xbox store until it can get to an acceptable frame rate. I've tried introducing people to it and they all think it plays like trash. I understand that this game was made for the PC and its a long and difficult process to port it to the Xbox, but it might be in the best interest to give up on the Xbox version until the Xbox One X is out and see what difference that would make. At this point I think it's turning more people away than keeping them, but i could be wrong.
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    Kallen8277 wrote: »
    While I'm not as salty as the other guy and I really do love the game, I honestly think it should be pulled from the Xbox store until it can get to an acceptable frame rate.

It's in early access for a reason.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2017
    Look im happy you guys finally released this update...ecstatic really but this performance is piss poor. I really thought in the months and months it took you guys to release this, some effort would be put into optimization. Update looks great and all but its extremely depressing that the game runs even worse. 5fps on average is beyond frustrating or it freezing for 20 seconds at a time. With the game releasing so soon i hope you guys have a plan to smooth this out that doesnt take until the new year to be seen.

See, what I don't really understand is the huge variation of performance on this Xbone... On the one hand we have people saying they get huge FPS stutter with dips to 5FPS and on the other hand we have people claiming it's smoother then before with minimal stutter with an average FPS of around 20... Still low, but kinda playable...

Are not all Xbones equally made in quality? It's rather strange, a piece of hardware that's the same across the board has such a wide variance in performance :open_mouth: Also I'm kinda underwhelmed by the actual performance of this "next gen" console, it seems to perform worse than a gaming PC from 2008
    edited September 2017
    Kouji_San wrote: »

See, what I don't really understand is the huge variation of performance on this Xbone... On the one hand we have people saying they get huge FPS stutter with dips to 5FPS and on the other hand we have people claiming it's smoother then before with minimal stutter with an average FPS of around 20... Still low, but kinda playable...

Are not all Xbones equally made in quality? It's rather strange, a piece of hardware that's the same across the board has such a wide variance in performance :open_mouth: Also I'm kinda underwhelmed by the actual performance of this "next gen" console, it seems to perform worse than a gaming PC from 2008

Thermal throttling? If you've got layers of dust inside the unit... Take a can of compressed air & blow it out, even if it doesn't look bad from the outside. If you're choking on dust, well, that might have been a problem. Other games had no problem? Well, they're optimized. Subnautica is going to require every last bit of performance on an XB1 until it's in better shape. Also, hard disk transfer rates. Maybe some have the hybrid SSD drive (Elite), or some play from a 7200RPM USB 3 external? Hard disk speed is key with Subnautica at this stage (unoptimized)

EDIT: It's also quite possible there's differing build quality. I know I see that with phones, when I got into 3rd party custom Android ROMs, some would work with no problems on one phone, but completely fail on another, in the same model (Galaxy S 4). The internal components were slightly different, I'm assuming (or people can't RTFM, but that doesn't explain the ones who would come back with excruciatingly detailed troubleshooting steps they'd tried).
  • alvarobm1990alvarobm1990 Join Date: 2017-09-08 Member: 232884Members
    edited September 2017
    First of all thanks to all Subnautica developers. I want to see new things and report my feedback.
    I dont like angry people who has problem with save/load but it gives me clues of not go to history and go to experimental mode on game. Its been a long time from last update and dont give more importance for a bug than to all new content. If anyone thinks can do it better than unknownworlds team maybe can work with them... if not the same watch the match than play it. Is very hard do a game and even more difficult made it funny and even more difficult made it without bugs the final version thats a long way but i think the end is close.
    Thx to all Subnautica devs and to all gamers have fun with games.
    PD: I hate kissass but I apreciate and realize how difficult is do a game
    OMG 7GB of update, huge work i think so...
    If they do a great optimization work for XB1 1080p60fps maybe in XB1X 4k60fps but in PC with GTX Titan X (pascal) 2k60fps right now so dont think XB1 is a UFO
  • conalykaconalyka Canada Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232087Members
    Welcome to lag city. This game is amazing! But laaaaaaaaaaaaging so much. Saving works but the Saving icon stayed on srceen for 10 min. Ho! And the repair tool BP vanished. Good thing I have some for backup. Where can I find it back. Please. Im on the devs side, it says game preview, we have been warned.. best game ever even with the lag . Deal with the lag and I Will give you à freaking oscar
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    I think these the Golden Oscars they're looking for...
    i404lxvhhxio.png

B)
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Just to remind everyone, re: performance on the XB1...

They've already said several times that they're waiting until the game is "content complete" before doing optimization. I know some folks don't agree with this strategy and say that UWE should be optimizing as they go, but that's how it is.

My point being that the game is not going to be released like this. We may not see it in this state before 1.0 launches, but it should load and run fine when it does.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited September 2017
    Well, luckily, now that the Xbox is officially up-to-date, all that's left is the ending sequence, and a metric ton of optimization work and bug fixes.

So the 5fps problems should be fixed relatively quickly.

• KrayZSamuraiKrayZSamurai Canada Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227975Members
    Can anyone tell me what the code 6666 is used for in the Aurora?
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members

Code to exit using door to prawn bay, but can be opened on the other side with no code.
  • rpnprpnp Join Date: 2017-07-29 Member: 232125Members
    edited September 2017
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We tested this patch a lot over months, and we did not see any save/load issues. In fact, On both my public regular Xbox and my XDK unit, I still have no issues saving & loading.

We seem to have a small number of users who have the problem. If we don't see it the problem during testing, we cant fix it. We can only investigate when we know an issue is there.

@Obraxis:
    Is there any way in which those of us who are experiencing this bug can help you identify the root cause of the problem?
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members

Code to exit using door to prawn bay, but can be opened on the other side with no code.

... I guess I never went all the way through the Prawn bay from Cargo 4. I'll have to check this out!
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    rpnp wrote: »
    We tested this patch a lot over months, and we did not see any save/load issues. In fact, On both my public regular Xbox and my XDK unit, I still have no issues saving & loading.

We seem to have a small number of users who have the problem. If we don't see it the problem during testing, we cant fix it. We can only investigate when we know an issue is there.

@Obraxis:
    Is there any way in which those of us who are experiencing this bug can help you identify the root cause of the problem?

You could send your save file to the devs.

@0x6A7232 can most definitely tell you more about the process.
    Skope wrote: »
    rpnp wrote: »

@Obraxis:

You could send your save file to the devs.

@0x6A7232 can most definitely tell you more about the process.

There's a how-to in the second line of my signature. However, that's for PC. XB1 users can't do this as they don't have direct access to their filesystem. Might be possible on external hard disk, but I doubt it.
  • J05hB0tJ05hB0t Join Date: 2017-09-09 Member: 232907Members
    As exited as I am for this update, I have to say that this save file bug is really getting on my nerves. I lost over an hour of progress today, and this isn't the first time. I understand that overall performance and lag may be the top priority at the moment, but I can put up with lag, I can't say the same for constantly being set back because my saving didn't work.
  • Demon0802Demon0802 Join Date: 2017-08-26 Member: 232645Members
    same issue here with the failed overwrite of saves. lost 3 hrs worth of work yesterday. its weird though, cause the first time I saved, it worked. then the 2nd time it didn't. from then I saved 4 different times over the course of a day and it saved. then yesterday came and boom, failed save again.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Them dev type people should've called this patch Groundhog day :trollface:

giphy.gif
    YES! I know that's Ghostbusters, but I needed a Murray troll-walk, now didn't I. Now stroll along there o/
  • gamefly117gamefly117 Join Date: 2017-07-11 Member: 231750Members
    Is mayonnaise an instrument
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    edited September 2017
  • Willyman1112Willyman1112 Rochester MN Join Date: 2017-05-22 Member: 230698Members
    I think the frame rate variances have to do with Base progress, I started a new world, great fps, built a small base, frames dipped slightly, expanded it, now every time I try to go in the hatch i pass it by 5 meters because I missed 5 frames, built a cyclops, move all the way to the island, no problems. Build a new base, frames drop. Ughh. Anyway I was hit by a save bug too, But I got an Error Code! could be helpful, only thing is my friend logged into my account before I could write it down, so if it happens again I'll report it, could I receive a response from the developers on the importance of the code and the likelihood it could help fix the problem?
  • Aviator1945Aviator1945 Appleton, WI Join Date: 2017-01-02 Member: 225904Members
    edited September 2017
    I re-installed the game completely so nothing would mess up and started a survival world. I noticed it had worse frames but it was still playable. I figured you really cant ask for much in a EA game so i kept going. I saved regularly over the course of 4 hours and noticed it took forever to save. Then i swam close to the surface to the Aurora from the lifepod. When i got close i looked down and couldn't see the bottom. Usually there is that sand and drop off but it wasn't there. I swam back to the lifepod only to see that the world didn't load past the kelp forest near the lifepod. I decided to restart the game in hope of it loading in again. I turned it back on and it just showed the first screen when you turn it on. It stayed like this for 10 minutes untill i decided to re start it again. I gave it a good half hour and it still didn't load. I un-installed the game and haven't been back to it since. I love the game but i wont even atempt to turn it back on untill they fix this.
  • Willyman1112Willyman1112 Rochester MN Join Date: 2017-05-22 Member: 230698Members
    I think I may have made a discovery on the subject of the save bug, I built a small base, then saved, no issues, then right after, I built a cyclops and added its upgrades. After I finished upgrading it I tried saving but it wouldn't, maybe some code in the silent running update is overlapping save codes, overwriting the save function. Only thing that confuses me is why it happened after I built a Cyclops, why not right when the silent running code is inputted, aka as-soon-as-game-loads?
  • rpnprpnp Join Date: 2017-07-29 Member: 232125Members
    I think I may have made a discovery on the subject of the save bug, I built a small base, then saved, no issues, then right after, I built a cyclops and added its upgrades. After I finished upgrading it I tried saving but it wouldn't, ...

Our experience is different: after losing about an hour of gameplay in our "normal" game, we started a completely new game, tried to save right after putting out the fire and moving away from the life pod, but the save didn't work.
  • HiguideHiguide NJ Join Date: 2017-04-03 Member: 229385Members
    i feel like crying, just from it finally being completed