3-in-1 On the Edge Of Release - Subnautica

Comments

• Beta_Tester_ProphetBeta_Tester_Prophet Crysler,Ontario Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213632Members
    Hi @Obraxis I was wondering, could the source be a problem in the graphics rendering system. Since it seems to happen from the moment the crash sequence starts. Lemme know if i can help in any way shape or form possible. To me it seems like a problem residing in the graphics rendering system anyway.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    I want to remind everyone that you need to be nice to each other or you wont be welcome here.

Yea. In two days I've seen a veritable handful of threads be lost in this sort of derailing.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Hi @Obraxis I was wondering, could the source be a problem in the graphics rendering system. Since it seems to happen from the moment the crash sequence starts. Lemme know if i can help in any way shape or form possible. To me it seems like a problem residing in the graphics rendering system anyway.

That doesn't really mean anything I'm afraid, but thanks. We're on it.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    Awww shows over
    I like debates ;)

Also...

crimson331 wrote: »
    It pisses you off more that we don't care, because you think we should care.

Absolutely correct. To not care about the industry you claim to enjoy is complete madness. To support a section of that industry which is so clearly damaging the overall gaming industry basically amounts to an act of treason, which is why it's so annoying for anyone who can see the obvious. That's all there is to it. That's why console players are referred to as inferior, as peasants, as lesser than PC gamers. It's not that we're so great, it's just that consoles are that bad. We perceive your actions as foolish and you have absolutely no argument to defend yourselves.

We don't dislike the fact you enjoy playing games or that you want to support the gaming industry, that much is great. (Hell, if we hated you that much we wouldn't want you to come and join us on the PC.)
    But we do dislike the way you choose to support the gaming industry, (by buying into a damaging console culture) and the way you keep promoting bad business and damaging practices by developers through your complacency and acceptance of a gaming culture which just keeps on getting worse.

We all have to suffer because of your actions in defending and supporting console gaming, whereas PC gaming has no negative impact on your console gaming. In fact, PC gaming has given consoles everything. And how do they repay the PC? By hurting it badly and being a weight around it's neck.
    You act like the PC gamers are the center of the gaming world and the Consoles are just parasites encroaching. in on it.

No no no, we don't act like PC gamers are the centre of the world. We act like PC games should be the centre of the gaming world.

A parasite is "an organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the host's expense."
    Yep, that's the smartest thing you've said. Consoles are most definitely a parasite.

Yeah just a lot of wah wah wah, me me me.

Did you not read the post?
  • gamefly117gamefly117 Join Date: 2017-07-11 Member: 231750Members
    edited August 2017
    Love the game first off the game . It is so good a small team such good work and I hope to see your future work any way the gaming industry all the last few years has become slow stagnated there so many copy paste games that well it's literally sad and honestly it is a breath of fresh air to see smaller development companies like yours making games and everyone loved so much Indie Games make people happy and that's what the world needs right now more happiness people play games because it makes them happy and I hope to see you all make even more games like subnautica it's a counter even with all of its problems it's just plainly fun to play challenging and very colorful being the grandson of a former developer of Atari I've always wanted to be a game developer and as now I'm trying to get my own development company in order but it's going to take me awhile got to work for that for years right college first but anyway I've always want to make games and it's games like subnautica that give me hope in the gaming industry will start to change and go back to the way it used to with fun games that are fun for the sake of being fun that's what some Nautica has that mystery that kind of challenging way that keeps you interested it doesn't need you to overly complicated story to keep the game interesting and that's what I love about developers like you and I hope the strive to be like you guys one day when I eventually develop my team I hope to make games like subnautica you and for my small team making 8-bit games well I think you've been an inspiration to me and my little team I'm trying to start but please keep up the good work I hope to see your game finished and hope it gets even better thank you
  • Beta_Tester_ProphetBeta_Tester_Prophet Crysler,Ontario Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213632Members
    edited August 2017
    I wish i could do more than just stand by and watch. I wish I could be at unknown worlds helping. In fact when I'm done college its one of three places i seek out employment. Especially for a team who works on any projects that deals with subnautica or perhaps subnautica 2 if we're lucky. Subnautica is my favourite game of all time. There for no matter what happens i will always support. I just wish i could do more...

I wonder could subnautica 2 if it ever happens which hopefully it does, could it be like some how the carar came back with you to earth and started infecting everything thus forcing you to once again visit 4546B to bio engineer or rather reverse engineer the enzyme 42 to create a prototype cure that you have to continue working on via habitat setup on 4546B and once you get to a certain point you get it to work and proceed back to your ship only to find that it has been smashed beyond repair so you have to find some way to get the aurora working again
  • LAZYNOOB2017LAZYNOOB2017 United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-12-31 Member: 225824Members
    I wish i could do more than just stand by and watch. I wish I could be at unknown worlds helping. In fact when I'm done college its one of three places i seek out employment. Especially for a team who works on any projects that deals with subnautica or perhaps subnautica 2 if we're lucky. Subnautica is my favourite game of all time. There for no matter what happens i will always support. I just wish i could do more...

I wonder could subnautica 2 if it ever happens which hopefully it does, could it be like some how the carar came back with you to earth and started infecting everything thus forcing you to once again visit 4546B to bio engineer or rather reverse engineer the enzyme 42 to create a prototype cure that you have to continue working on via habitat setup on 4546B and once you get to a certain point you get it to work and proceed back to your ship only to find that it has been smashed beyond repair so you have to find some way to get the aurora working again

I feel like if we get a sequel it shouldn't have Subnautica in the title because that sounds like it was supposed to be a satire play on words because it was based in the Ocean. Also, can you carry a disease that you are immune to? Because once you are cured of something you can't be infected by it again unless you get a different type.
  • Jaws1614Jaws1614 Join Date: 2017-08-30 Member: 232742Members
    I have loved this game since I saw it played on Neebs Gaming. I got curious, because I didn't google search it, and found it in the Xbox Store! I about hit the ceiling with excitement! I had to stop watching their play through because it got into parts of the game that weren't released to Xbox One players yet. I have reached the point for the next update to take place but I still get on and grind for materials, like silver...the bane of my existence!! lol! Well, good luck on the updates and am SO excited to continue the adventure!!
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Jaws1614 wrote: »
    I have loved this game since I saw it played on Neebs Gaming. I got curious, because I didn't google search it, and found it in the Xbox Store! I about hit the ceiling with excitement! I had to stop watching their play through because it got into parts of the game that weren't released to Xbox One players yet. I have reached the point for the next update to take place but I still get on and grind for materials, like silver...the bane of my existence!! lol! Well, good luck on the updates and am SO excited to continue the adventure!!

Spoiler: with the new update, you'll be grinding desperately for copper instead. xD
  • RoyalMontageRoyalMontage Yo mama Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231611Members
    You guys can do it!
  • Peasant212Peasant212 UK Join Date: 2017-08-30 Member: 232748Members
    Great game, looking forward to the final Xbox release. :)
  • LAZYNOOB2017LAZYNOOB2017 United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-12-31 Member: 225824Members
    So is the 3 in 1 update the end of the game? Silent Running - Voice of the Deep - Rocket escape?
  • zombieslaya741zombieslaya741 Join Date: 2017-08-30 Member: 232749Members
    How is the progress on the PS4 edition? I've been following this game for two years and its UNBEARABLE TO WAIT
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    It's not a mistake.. You just need some 3d glasses and then it all makes sense.

Really looking forward to it, I'm sure it won't be long now.. *fingers crossed*
    So is the 3 in 1 update the end of the game? Silent Running - Voice of the Deep - Rocket escape?

No, Silent Running - Voice of the Deep - Ghost
    No, Silent Running - Voice of the Deep - Ghost[/quote]

Ah, do you reckon the final update will be somewhere around Christmas? PC at least?
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    edited September 2017
    No, Silent Running - Voice of the Deep - Ghost

Ah, do you reckon the final update will be somewhere around Christmas? PC at least?

Release is planned for October 31 so I would imagine the update would come sometime before that.
    i wonder how everything is coming along. hopefully they have found the source by now
  • pie1055pie1055 Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224603Members
    I don't see anything wrong here. All glory to the hypno toad!
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    edited September 2017
    Back on topic to the actual thread:

Have you looked at the format of the textures you are using compared to what the xbox is capable of handling? Xbox does some strange things when it does not get the precise kind of textures it expects, something that a lot of devs get tripped up on because of taking the capabilities of a PC for granted.
  • SkididiggSkididigg 4546B Join Date: 2017-08-31 Member: 232752Members
    I greatly hope that you finish this soon, but I also want you guys to take as much time as you need!

I'd rather wait for a fully functional update than get a broken game right now, and I'm sure the rest of us Xbox players feel the same way!
    Skididigg wrote: »
    I greatly hope that you finish this soon, but I also want you guys to take as much time as you need!

I'd rather wait for a fully functional update than get a broken game right now, and I'm sure the rest of us Xbox players feel the same way!

The update works perfectly fine. its the graphics that are on the fritz

I still count the graphics as part of the update.

But yes, the graphics are the only problem that we know of.

Watch it be a Microsoft graphics driver bug (has already happened once with Subnautica, IIRC..!)

0x6A7232 wrote: »

Watch it be a Microsoft graphics driver bug (has already happened once with Subnautica, IIRC..!)

Hmmm... Interesting.
    I never knew about this before (I purchased it on Xbox right before the Castles and Coffee updates were released on Xbox)

Hmmm... Interesting.
    I never knew about this before (I purchased it on Xbox right before the Castles and Coffee updates were released on Xbox)

Went and tracked it down (topic was poor framerate):
    I brought it up to xbox preview devs because subnautica wasn't the only game here having issues. it was identified as graphic driver update and was adressed subnautica got issues but not as sevriere now.

Hmmm... Interesting.

I brought it up to xbox preview devs because subnautica wasn't the only game here having issues. it was identified as graphic driver update and was adressed subnautica got issues but not as sevriere now.

Now THAT'S interesting! Was that found out recently? Because if it was it would explain the frame drops that I've been having in Slime Rancher (namely the areas with less than 30 slimes) could be that the slime AI is too taxing on the processor though.

Hmmm... Interesting.

Now THAT'S interesting! Was that found out recently? Because if it was it would explain the frame drops that I've been having in Slime Rancher (namely the areas with less than 30 slimes) could be that the slime AI is too taxing on the processor though.

No, November 2016, however, nothing says it couldn't have happened again with a different part of the driver code.

Hmmm... Interesting.

No, November 2016, however, nothing says it couldn't have happened again with a different part of the driver code.

As you can see, I'm lazy and don't research previous errors on Xbox One.