3-in-1 On the Edge Of Release - Subnautica

1235»

Comments

• Dylan24675Dylan24675 Los Angeles, California Join Date: 2017-09-06 Member: 232824Members
    I myself am completely fine with however long this takes to update, the game is fantastic and wonderful in every conceivable sense of those words. Whether performance is upgraded along with the version of the game is irrelevant to me, and I certainly appreciate all the long, hard hours of work you all are doing on the dev team. I'd support you more if I only knew how! But sadly, as far as I know support can only go as far as a purchase of the game. I and many others besides I know for a fact appreciate he work and dedication that your team brings to the wonderful, mysterious world that is Subnautica on Planet 4546B, and I'm looking forward to when the update is live!
  • gamefly117gamefly117 Join Date: 2017-07-11 Member: 231750Members
  • gamefly117gamefly117 Join Date: 2017-07-11 Member: 231750Members
  • SkididiggSkididigg 4546B Join Date: 2017-08-31 Member: 232752Members
    @gamefly117 I believe that the rest of us are waiting for the devs to announce that the update passed certification.
  • DayDay Pittsburgh Join Date: 2017-06-12 Member: 231077Members
    edited September 2017
    @Obraxis , not sure if this will help at all, but

Neebs gaming ran into this issue on the Steam. They are actually the group of youtubers that introduced me to the game and got me to buy it.. Anywho, if you want to check it out, their video its : -- The pipes in the Aurora's textures go nuts around the 12 minute mark of that video. You might be able to get a hold of them to figure out better details. I know "Apprso" (the creator of the subnautica vids) responds to his twitter account @JonnyEthco

Speaking of Neebs gaming, If you guys have not watched their Subnautica videos, they are a must watch. Good stuff. Like I mentioned earlier, it is what got me to buy the game.
  • teachbugteachbug Join Date: 2017-07-24 Member: 232002Members
    I will NEVER complain no matter if you take 10 years to fix it. I have enjoyed this game for so long just how it is I cannot justify complaining. This has been one of the funnest experiences of my life. I'm sure that I am in the minority and the majority of people have the attention span of a flea, but that's not me when I like a game it doesn't last thru.."that was sooooo last years game"......I like a game for life!
    teachbug wrote: »
    I will NEVER complain no matter if you take 10 years to fix it. I have enjoyed this game for so long just how it is I cannot justify complaining. This has been one of the funnest experiences of my life. I'm sure that I am in the minority and the majority of people have the attention span of a flea, but that's not me when I like a game it doesn't last thru.."that was sooooo last years game"......I like a game for life!

I'm pretty sure that 10 years is a bit excessive...
    As well as some of the most impressive procrastination that I've ever seen!
  • teachbugteachbug Join Date: 2017-07-24 Member: 232002Members
    Not sure what your point is Skid-hotdiggity-dog, but I don't need your opinion of how I feel. What I said is how I feel, I don't need validation, NOR permission.
    teachbug wrote: »
    Not sure what your point is Skid-hotdiggity-dog, but I don't need your opinion of how I feel. What I said is how I feel, I don't need validation, NOR permission.

I was saying that I feel like 10 years is a bit excessive.
    Also, everyone has the right to their own opinion, I wasn't trying judge your opinion.
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    In ten years time you'll be able to go there in real life
    In ten years time you'll be able to go there in real life

Judging by the fact that we've only just developed reusable rocket stages, I'd say that we've still got about 50-100 years before we can go somewhere like 4546B

(And I could tell that he was being sarcastic, I was just playing along)
  • UsernameLadiesman217UsernameLadiesman217 Join Date: 2017-09-06 Member: 232834Members
    Day wrote: »
    @Obraxis , not sure if this will help at all, but

Neebs gaming ran into this issue on the Steam. They are actually the group of youtubers that introduced me to the game and got me to buy it.. Anywho, if you want to check it out, their video its : -- The pipes in the Aurora's textures go nuts around the 12 minute mark of that video. You might be able to get a hold of them to figure out better details. I know "Apprso" (the creator of the subnautica vids) responds to his twitter account @JonnyEthco

Speaking of Neebs gaming, If you guys have not watched their Subnautica videos, they are a must watch. Good stuff. Like I mentioned earlier, it is what got me to buy the game.

@Day, I 100% second this! What those group of guys have done with this game, is seriously entertaining. I am pretty sure I binged every episode and I cant wait for them to start it back up again.

@Obraxis, keep up the hard work that you and your team are doing. Its a bummer that you ran into some snags after the Cert approval, but you guys are only human and, well, shit happens. I think a small group of us have forgotten that this game isn't finished and, in my opinion, have reacted irrationally to the latest issue(s) your team is currently tackling.

Thank you, to you and your team, for enduring all the extra headaches involved with bringing this game to console. Stay proud of your product, don't burn yourselves out, and keep on bringing us awesome content.
  • Trigger83ETFCTrigger83ETFC United Kingdom Join Date: 2017-09-03 Member: 232783Members
    This game is great but the fps/lag is making it unplayable for me and i have the xbox one s i got stuck in my seamoth for nearly two minutes while the map was trying to load is there a performance patch in the upcoming update?

Also if you look at a video from Neebs Gaming called Radiation Leak! Subnautica #16 and scroll to 12:50 similar issue but was released on steam.

Please update this SOON as i really want to continue playing this great survival game as the fps/lag stop me from playing it.

@Day I referenced the Neebs Gaming video a couple of days ago and agree with you that they are brilliant at what they do, as for the game I'm very much looking forward to the update so I can go further in the game
  • Beta_Tester_ProphetBeta_Tester_Prophet Crysler,Ontario Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213632Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We passed cert today, and we just completed our post-cert testing. Look for an announcement Thursday ;)

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHH WOOOOHOOOO
    We passed cert today, and we just completed our post-cert testing. Look for an announcement Thursday ;)

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
    WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!
    *insert other party noises*
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members

Sweet, you guys are awesome! Thank you for all the extra work you guys have put in. I know some people are really cruel at times, but your team has handled this situation with great integrity and you should know it doesn't go unnoticed. Thanks again, you all take a little break now, you've more than earned it and it's probably much needed!
  • Beta_Tester_ProphetBeta_Tester_Prophet Crysler,Ontario Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213632Members
    edited September 2017
    When my classes are done i am soooooooo playing Subnautica
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    edited September 2017
    Downloading as we speak! Thanks devs, youve worked your socks off!

(7.33gb of goodness)
    WOOHOO!!! UPDATE RELEASED!!
    *Now I just have to survive school so I can play it afterwards....
    Skididigg wrote: »

The deep beckons you...
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Skididigg wrote: »

That's all fine and dandy, but will you survive Subnautica :tongue:
    edited September 2017
    1/3 of the way through school... and I have to stay afterwards....

WHY CAN'T I JUST GO TO 4546B?!!!
    3/4 of the way....

I'm seeing the Sea Emperor....
    There's loads of changes to recipes and such like. I like they've randomised the locations of the various schematics etc, it's taking me ages to find them and thats good! The game runs so much smoother than before, it has its stutters etc nothing like it was though so really digging it.. I just can't find mobile vehicle platform though lol.
    3/4 of the way....

I'm seeing the Sea Emperor....
    There's loads of changes to recipes and such like. I like they've randomised the locations of the various schematics etc, it's taking me ages to find them and thats good! The game runs so much smoother than before, it has its stutters etc nothing like it was though so really digging it.. I just can't find mobile vehicle platform though lol.

Smoother that before??!!

I have to get home NOW!!!
    edited September 2017
    Eek. Seems like a few of us are having Save Game issues. The game says it's saved but then when you try and load it misses hours and hours of gameplay and leaves you suffering near beginning - so be warned. It's reported on forums and I've even tried wiping all saved game, clearing cache and reinstalling. It reaches a point and then no longer saves progress
    Eek. Seems like a few of us are having Save Game issues. The game says it's saved but then when you try and load it misses hours and hours of gameplay and leaves you suffering near beginning - so be warned. It's reported on forums and I've even tried wiping all saved game, clearing cache and reinstalling. It reaches a point and then no longer saves progress

Yikes, so far the only issue that I've been having is performance related...

Not looking forward to reloading my save...