3-in-1 On the Edge Of Release - Subnautica

245

Comments

  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel CanadaMembers Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Posts: 676 Advanced user
    edited August 2017
    JesseS wrote: »
    That silver spoon is shoved so far up your ass might as well just call you a hand puppet

    Silver spoon? I don't think you know what that phrase means. This has nothing to do with finances.
    ShuttleBugnarfblat
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USAMembers Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Posts: 567 Advanced user
    JesseS wrote: »
    Everytime it's almost fixed shit breaks... Please just hire a group of professionals to help out for a week or two and get the game fixed once and for all.

    Umm... aren't these professionals?
    We secure. We contain. We protect.
    — The Administrator
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;)Members Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Posts: 1,179 Advanced user
    edited August 2017
    JesseS wrote: »
    Everytime it's almost fixed shit breaks... Please just hire a group of professionals to help out for a week or two and get the game fixed once and for all.

    The thing is, they are the professionals.

    When you have as much code as Subnautica, things just break. Doesn't matter if it's UWE or Blizzard, bugs will bug. The only difference is that we have the privilege of seeing these bugs. That's something you don't very often get from people like Nintendo or Bethesda. That's what makes this game so great.

    The way I see it is less of a mistake, and more like a learning experience for UWE. They make mistakes, they fix them, they continue to grow. It's almost like having a child, but I won't use that analogy because I don't know if @Obraxis would appreciate me basically calling him the child of a couple thousand people. That would be a weird conversation.

    Anyway, before I ruin my argument further, I'll just use what Thomas Edison beautifully phrased,

    e57q8ou1amad.jpg
    I've been skulking around here for almost four years.

    Yet I still have no idea what's going on.
    ShuttleBug0x6A7232Timelord_Fred
  • LAZYNOOB2017LAZYNOOB2017 United KingdomMembers Join Date: 2016-12-31 Member: 225824Posts: 87 Advanced user

    What about us console dwellers makes us peasants?

    Because peasants are continually slowing down progress of a society or civilisation, demanding resources and causing trouble for the superior noble class. They're a damned nuisance with absolutely no taste or class. Little more than beasts, they should know their place as inferior and mind their manners, impertinent dogs.

    You really shouldn't talk about manners with a comment like this. You remind me of a guy called Puca Power, who straight up makes up the dumbest crap you ever heard to the point where he is so obviously trolling. PC may be a better device than consoles, but that doesn't make YOU better than me, in any way. Also, you can't talk about civilization when leaving out an innocent group of people isn't very civilized.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Members Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Posts: 535 Advanced user
    JesseS wrote: »
    That silver spoon is shoved so far up your ass might as well just call you a hand puppet

    Silver spoon? I don't think you know what that phrase means. This has nothing to do with finances.

    Doesn't it mean to be born with privilege? From the way you've been acting, I have to agree.

    Your spiel about peasants was hilarious, though.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Members Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Posts: 535 Advanced user
    This was always a possibility. It's a bummer, but this is what these kinds of certification processes are about.

    Can you imagine the hue and cry if the game had shipped like this? Like @Skope said, this kind of thing happens all the time, we just don't see it. Nothing unusual is happening here.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel CanadaMembers Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Posts: 676 Advanced user
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    JesseS wrote: »
    That silver spoon is shoved so far up your ass might as well just call you a hand puppet

    Silver spoon? I don't think you know what that phrase means. This has nothing to do with finances.

    Doesn't it mean to be born with privilege? From the way you've been acting, I have to agree.

    Your spiel about peasants was hilarious, though.

    Not quite, it means born with means. Financial means certainly can buy you privilege, but the two are not quite the same thing.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel CanadaMembers Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Posts: 676 Advanced user
    You really shouldn't talk about manners with a comment like this. You remind me of a guy called Puca Power, who straight up makes up the dumbest crap you ever heard to the point where he is so obviously trolling. PC may be a better device than consoles, but that doesn't make YOU better than me, in any way. Also, you can't talk about civilization when leaving out an innocent group of people isn't very civilized.

    Damn your infernal impertinence, keep this up and I'll have you whipped, you abominable cur. I shall not be held responsible for your lack of understanding sarcasm, clear peasantly behaviour not becoming of the upper ranks of polite society. Begone.
    ShuttleBug
  • LAZYNOOB2017LAZYNOOB2017 United KingdomMembers Join Date: 2016-12-31 Member: 225824Posts: 87 Advanced user
    You really shouldn't talk about manners with a comment like this. You remind me of a guy called Puca Power, who straight up makes up the dumbest crap you ever heard to the point where he is so obviously trolling. PC may be a better device than consoles, but that doesn't make YOU better than me, in any way. Also, you can't talk about civilization when leaving out an innocent group of people isn't very civilized.

    Damn your infernal impertinence, keep this up and I'll have you whipped, you abominable cur. I shall not be held responsible for your lack of understanding sarcasm, clear peasantly behaviour not becoming of the upper ranks of polite society. Begone.

    ... No, dude. Call it sarcasm or trolling because they are arguably the same thing. That's why I made the reference to Puca Power. I knew it was a troll because of the amount of flaws in the statement.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel CanadaMembers Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Posts: 676 Advanced user
    edited August 2017
    You really shouldn't talk about manners with a comment like this. You remind me of a guy called Puca Power, who straight up makes up the dumbest crap you ever heard to the point where he is so obviously trolling. PC may be a better device than consoles, but that doesn't make YOU better than me, in any way. Also, you can't talk about civilization when leaving out an innocent group of people isn't very civilized.

    Damn your infernal impertinence, keep this up and I'll have you whipped, you abominable cur. I shall not be held responsible for your lack of understanding sarcasm, clear peasantly behaviour not becoming of the upper ranks of polite society. Begone.

    ... No, dude. Call it sarcasm or trolling because they are arguably the same thing. That's why I made the reference to Puca Power. I knew it was a troll because of the amount of flaws in the statement.

    The funny thing is that even though I was being facetious, there's actually not a single flaw in the statement with regards to how consoles and their fans are hurting the gaming industry. Consoles really are a drain on the resources of that industry, which would be miles ahead if it weren't being held back by inferior, out of date hardware because developing games that make most money have to be released on that inferior, out of date hardware. And the games developed for consoles are all too often "dumbed down", inferior products created for the lowest common denominator. Face it, consoles are a curse on the industry. For a long time now they've been nothing but a cash-cow for Sony and Microsoft. They're like an infected friend in a zombie apocalypse; he should be shot in the face and put out of his misery because he's only going to hold you back from now on.

    There's absolutely nothing a console can do that a PC can't. And there are thousands of things a PC can do that a console can't. Once upon a time, consoles had a purpose, to bring cheaper gaming to the living room, but not any more. Now they're inferior to PCs while they've become more expensive. You're paying insane prices for old hardware with a logo on it. There is absolutely no valid justification for consoles existing in 2017.

    If everyone was a PC gamer, and consoles had never existed, and someone released a console today... they would be ridiculed and their product would fail miserably.
    Post edited by EnglishInfidel on
  • LAZYNOOB2017LAZYNOOB2017 United KingdomMembers Join Date: 2016-12-31 Member: 225824Posts: 87 Advanced user
    edited August 2017
    The funny thing is that even though I was being facetious, there's actually not a single flaw in the statement with regards to how consoles and their fans are hurting the gaming industry. Consoles really are a drain on the resources of that industry, which would be miles ahead if it weren't being held back by inferior, out of date hardware because developing games that make most money have to be released on that inferior, out of date hardware. And the games developed for consoles are all too often "dumbed down", inferior products created for the lowest common denominator. Face it, consoles are a curse on the industry.

    There's absolutely nothing a console can do that a PC can't. And there are thousands of things a PC can do that a console can't. Once upon a time, consoles had a purpose, to bring cheaper gaming to the living room, but not any more. Now they're inferior to PCs while they've become more expensive. You're paying insane prices for old hardware with a logo on it. There is absolutely no valid justification for consoles existing in 2017.

    If everyone was a PC gamer, and consoles had never existed, and someone released a console today... they would be ridiculed and their product would fail miserably.[/quote]

    I know PC's are better in how they run and exclusive games. But that's just because in most cases console devs only care about the money which is why my controllers don't last long. To be honest, I only want all platforms for the Exclusives.

    Also, yes. Your statement is flawed. You say console fans are hurting the gaming industry. No. To hurt it would be to try and make consoles the only platform and not greatly improve the console. Also, consoles are cheaper than good PCs, I see PCs that are ideal for me to do let's plays on my channel and they are nearly £1000 and over. While consoles are around £350. That's probably the only justification there is. A product is cheaper for slightly less quality.
  • CJ_San_GamingCJ_San_Gaming Members Join Date: 2017-08-27 Member: 232656Posts: 1 Fully active user
    I'm dying here waiting for an update, I can't wait to drive in my cyclopes and then run into a Ghost levithan and never made it to the sea emperor, I just can't wait! :D
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel CanadaMembers Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Posts: 676 Advanced user
    edited August 2017
    I know PC's are better in how they run and exclusive games. But that's just because in most cases console devs only care about the money which is why my controllers don't last long. To be honest, I only want all platforms for the Exclusives.

    That's understandable, but it's also exactly the problem. They have you by the balls because they know you want exclusives. That's the whole point in exclusives. You should be pissed off that they're insulting your intelligence and treating you like a cash-cow. They're taking complete advantage of you and that's the problem.

    All it would take is for people to stop buying every generation of console. When the next Xbox and PS come out, don't buy one. Get a PC instead. You'll miss out on exclusives but so what? You're not missing out on anything worth playing because the quality is generally terrible because all they care about is your money and they know you'll buy it because you're invested in your console and exclusive titles.

    And besides, the PC has far more exclusives than any console ever has. There are entire genres that console players have missed out on, such as strategy games. (And please don't anybody tell me you can play strategy games on consoles... I once played Tropico 4 on the 360 and I wanted to die.)
    Your statement is flawed. You say console fans are hurting the gaming industry. No. To hurt it would be to try and make consoles the only platform and not greatly improve the console.

    Like I said, you are hurting it with your complacency. Console developers have you by the balls because they know you'll eat up the crap they serve you and never complain. In fact, you'll actually defend them for taking advantage of you! They encourage bad quality games, and bad quality gaming, because they know they'll make more money by giving you lots of low quality products instead of less, higher quality products which have been made with love and care.
    Also, consoles are cheaper than good PCs, I see PCs that are ideal for me to do let's plays on my channel and they are nearly £1000 and over. While consoles are around £350. That's probably the only justification there is. A product is cheaper for slightly less quality.

    Completely wrong. The PC I am using right now, to write this, was bought 4 years ago for about $500. It is not my main gaming PC, it's a standard, out-of-the-box pre-built Asus from Best Buy with an AMD Radeon R9 255... and it still runs any game I throw at it. The toughest game it's ran was the Witcher 3, and I had to play in a slightly lower resolution with the settings turned down a little, but the game was playable and wonderful fun. It can certainly handle Subnautica with no problems.

    The idea that you cannot buy a cheap gaming PC is absolute nonsense. A complete lie.

    I'll say this again... I'm using a 4 year old PC which cost me $500 at the time... and it's still a beast which is able to handle almost anything I throw at it.

    So I say to all console fans, stop falling for the tricks of the console market. Don't buy a console next time. Instead, save for another month or two, a couple of pay cheques, and get yourself a PC. Before long, this will be you, and you'll love it;

    8d4ggjddx31c.jpg
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 USMembers Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Posts: 5,272 Advanced user
    edited August 2017
    What about us console dwellers makes us peasants?

    Because peasants are continually slowing down progress of a society or civilisation, demanding resources and causing trouble for the superior noble class. They're a damned nuisance with absolutely no taste or class. Little more than beasts, they should know their place as inferior and mind their manners, impertinent dogs.
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    I predict that you'll get a lot of hate for this, but although I don't wholly agree I see where you're coming from. It does feel like a game meant for the PC, but it has also been quite the liberating social experience for me. Having me and a couple of mates sit around a TV either shouting at the man with the controller or just talking makes quite the evening. You can't really do that with other games and see the same results.

    But yes, though it pains me to say it, the game does feel like a PC game even when on the Xbox. I rarely play on Xbox, but just watching someone else I get that feeling.

    I thrive on hate.

    I've seen too many potentially good PC games get ruined, or development slowed down, or end up as unplayable messes, just because the developers stopped focussing on making a great game and instead focussed on making their average game work on multiple platforms.

    When a game you paid good money for is performing poorly because it isn't optimised, and you see the developers messing around spending time porting it to console, it's like a slap in the face.
    JesseS wrote: »
    Great, more time and resources spent on the console peasants instead of getting this obvious PC game working better on the PC.

    That silver spoon is shoved so far up your ass might as well just call you a hand puppet
    JesseS wrote: »
    That silver spoon is shoved so far up your ass might as well just call you a hand puppet

    Silver spoon? I don't think you know what that phrase means. This has nothing to do with finances.



    Hey hey hey. Rule 1 Bash each other's skulls politely and nicely, now.
    UWE Community guidelines | Guide to play in VR with Google Cardboard or Gear | Increase Subnautica view distance | Useful info to post with error reports | Recovery of corrupted saved games | How to easily update your drivers
    Crashing, lag problems? Or maybe your old save didn't get the latest update? Upload your saved game folder to help the devs troubleshoot, then try clearing your cache directories | Automatic Cache cleaning tool here | How to use the Debug Console | How to play any version of Subnautica using Steam | Tips for Subnautica beginners | Why can't the devs "just fix it"? - a modding session for you to educate yourself with Want more frames? Try adding this to your launch options: -window-mode exclusive | Solve options not saving or black screens by deleting options file | Possible workaround for Pause / Menu Bug | Rescue a trapped Seamoth / PRAWN
    Slow loading / textures popping in? Try moving Subnautica to an SSD | How to switch Subnautica to Experimental mode (clear cache afterwards) | How to run chkdsk on your drive | How to verify integrity of your game cache (in the "Installation" section) | Blue screens or computer freezing up? Try this fix (updates a corrupted DX10 compatibility file in the graphics driver that sometimes doesn't get updated)
    Subnautica launches in a tiny window? Use Task Manager to Maximize it (Thanks FlippingPower) | How to place your Moonpool so it connects correctly (includes diagrams) | Want to hang out with fellow players and the devs? Subnautica Discord server ← swing on by! | SuspensionRailway's Modding Emporium Categorized list of mods, including 1st playthrough-friendly Hey, look, mods! ReShade mods Subnautica NexusMods | TERRAFORMING mod
    Humans don't crush at the depths you might think
    Joystick problems? | Xpadder | UJR / vJoy | JoyToKey | Get detailed info for troubleshooting: CPU-Z | GPU-Z | HWiNFO64 | Speccy | Pastebin | Recover the data on your crashed hard disk! | I'm a Total Geek
    Forum BBCode Rainbow text generator
    Foxy
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Members Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Posts: 535 Advanced user
    @EnglishInfidel
    Okay, wow. I just... wow. I understand you have Opinions, and that's fine, but you are being way argumentative about it. Nearly everything I've seen from you today feels like you're not here to have a discussion, but to start a fight. That thing you do where you make some statement that looks like you're being a jerk at first but it's actually a joke? You're actually being a jerk. Whether you know it or not, you're setting a trap for anyone who does take it seriously and calls you on it. Then you get to be like, "Oh it was only a joke. Can't you see sarcasm?" I don't care what your intentions are, that's still being a jerk.

    Maybe you've had a bad week, and you're frustrated at something else and it's just coming out in your forum posts. That kind of thing is pretty normal, really, happens all the time. Normal doesn't mean okay, though. It is not cool to take out your frustrations on other people. I know I put a lot of effort into being as polite as I can even when something has pissed me off, and I'm sure a lot of other people here do that, too. Evidence suggests you do not. In fact it looks a lot like you're deliberately being inflammatory. Again, I don't care what your intentions are, the end result is that your behavior super, duper, un-cool.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USAMembers Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Posts: 567 Advanced user
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    @EnglishInfidel
    Okay, wow. I just... wow. I understand you have Opinions, and that's fine, but you are being way argumentative about it. Nearly everything I've seen from you today feels like you're not here to have a discussion, but to start a fight. That thing you do where you make some statement that looks like you're being a jerk at first but it's actually a joke? You're actually being a jerk. Whether you know it or not, you're setting a trap for anyone who does take it seriously and calls you on it. Then you get to be like, "Oh it was only a joke. Can't you see sarcasm?" I don't care what your intentions are, that's still being a jerk.

    Maybe you've had a bad week, and you're frustrated at something else and it's just coming out in your forum posts. That kind of thing is pretty normal, really, happens all the time. Normal doesn't mean okay, though. It is not cool to take out your frustrations on other people. I know I put a lot of effort into being as polite as I can even when something has pissed me off, and I'm sure a lot of other people here do that, too. Evidence suggests you do not. In fact it looks a lot like you're deliberately being inflammatory. Again, I don't care what your intentions are, the end result is that your behavior super, duper, un-cool.

    On the contrary. I for one enjoy @EnglishInfidel 's blunt truths
    We secure. We contain. We protect.
    — The Administrator
    Jamezorg
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel CanadaMembers Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Posts: 676 Advanced user
    edited August 2017
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    @EnglishInfidel
    Okay, wow. I just... wow. I understand you have Opinions, and that's fine, but you are being way argumentative about it. Nearly everything I've seen from you today feels like you're not here to have a discussion, but to start a fight. That thing you do where you make some statement that looks like you're being a jerk at first but it's actually a joke? You're actually being a jerk. Whether you know it or not, you're setting a trap for anyone who does take it seriously and calls you on it. Then you get to be like, "Oh it was only a joke. Can't you see sarcasm?" I don't care what your intentions are, that's still being a jerk.

    Maybe you've had a bad week, and you're frustrated at something else and it's just coming out in your forum posts. That kind of thing is pretty normal, really, happens all the time. Normal doesn't mean okay, though. It is not cool to take out your frustrations on other people. I know I put a lot of effort into being as polite as I can even when something has pissed me off, and I'm sure a lot of other people here do that, too. Evidence suggests you do not. In fact it looks a lot like you're deliberately being inflammatory. Again, I don't care what your intentions are, the end result is that your behavior super, duper, un-cool.

    I'm not here to please you, nor am I here to start a fight. I'm here to state my opinions, and have interesting conversations, because that's what forums are for. I'm not responsible for your lack of comprehension or your sensitivity, those are your problems, and not my concern. If you think I'm inflammatory then you must have an extremely sheltered online existence because this is incredibly tame by online standards.

    My post about peasants was absolutely dripping in sarcasm, and I refuse to believe you would think it's a "trap for anyone who does take it seriously"... I choose to believe you're more intelligent than that. For God's sake, we're talking about a post which was written with the utmost of dramatic irony, hypocrisy and sarcasm, in the style of an 18th century noble, for crying out loud.

    People's failure to grasp that concept isn't my problem. Or do you think I'm really going to genuinely whip somebody like a mangy cur? I can't believe I'm actually having to defend myself against this, it really is absolutely ridiculous.

    As for my latest post, it was nothing but a genuine case for why console gaming is awful. There's absolutely nothing written to be deliberately inflammatory or provocative in there, as it was a well thought out post stating the case for consoles being an out-of-date drain on the gaming community.
    elfcrisis
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel CanadaMembers Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Posts: 676 Advanced user
    edited August 2017
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    On the contrary. I for one enjoy @EnglishInfidel 's blunt truths

    I'm glad you get it @Shuttlebug. Can you image a forum filled with politeness and kowtowing to each other's sensitivities? Yuck.
    What an incredibly boring notion.
    ShuttleBug
  • crimson331crimson331 Members Join Date: 2017-08-22 Member: 232534Posts: 5 Fully active user
    What about us console dwellers makes us peasants?

    Because peasants are continually slowing down progress of a society or civilisation, demanding resources and causing trouble for the superior noble class. They're a damned nuisance with absolutely no taste or class. Little more than beasts, they should know their place as inferior and mind their manners, impertinent dogs.

    I realize you feel self entitled cause you got the biggest rig in the rooms, butI don't think you have a firm grasp of fuedal sociopolitics, what the peasantry actually is and why societies couldn't survive at all without them.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel CanadaMembers Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Posts: 676 Advanced user
    edited August 2017
    crimson331 wrote: »
    What about us console dwellers makes us peasants?

    Because peasants are continually slowing down progress of a society or civilisation, demanding resources and causing trouble for the superior noble class. They're a damned nuisance with absolutely no taste or class. Little more than beasts, they should know their place as inferior and mind their manners, impertinent dogs.

    I realize you feel self entitled cause you got the biggest rig in the rooms, butI don't think you have a firm grasp of fuedal sociopolitics, what the peasantry actually is and why societies couldn't survive at all without them.

    If serious, 1/10 for letting it go right over your head.
    If joking, 10/10 for being clever.

    Are these just knee-jerk reactions from console players who can't stand the idea of their console being criticised so much that they become oblivious to everything else?
  • crimson331crimson331 Members Join Date: 2017-08-22 Member: 232534Posts: 5 Fully active user
    crimson331 wrote: »
    What about us console dwellers makes us peasants?

    Because peasants are continually slowing down progress of a society or civilisation, demanding resources and causing trouble for the superior noble class. They're a damned nuisance with absolutely no taste or class. Little more than beasts, they should know their place as inferior and mind their manners, impertinent dogs.

    I realize you feel self entitled cause you got the biggest rig in the rooms, butI don't think you have a firm grasp of fuedal sociopolitics, what the peasantry actually is and why societies couldn't survive at all without them.

    If serious, 1/10 for letting it go right over your head.
    If joking, 10/10 for being clever.

    Are these just knee-jerk reactions from console players who can't stand the idea of their console being criticised so much that they become oblivious to everything else?

    Really it's just people tired of other people crapping all over the stuff they enjoy. It'd be one thing if it was just a few PC snobs, but when there's an entire memeculture dedicated to it? People get butt hurt.

    As for me, don't care much. I'm a filthy casual who uses his xbone for streaming more than gaming. But there are other dedicated console gamers who are tired of getting crapped on.

    On a more local note, your complaints are regarding this game are pretty stupid. PC has been getting non-stop support and updates the entire time. Xbone players have been waiting months for an update. (My cyclops was parked outside the Containment lab because I can't get in and I have literally nothing else to do. I only moved it cause the update glitch that erases all your old upgrades, didn't want to loose my vehicles too.) But now that the xbone update is the priority for the developers you piss and moan like a spoiled 12 year old cause you're not the favorite right now.

    This is why nobody likes PC gamers, frequently your heads are lodged firmly up your own posteriors.

    Side note: I'm assuming there's a no cussing rule, am I right?

    Morph_Guy
  • crimson331crimson331 Members Join Date: 2017-08-22 Member: 232534Posts: 5 Fully active user
    crimson331 wrote: »
    What about us console dwellers makes us peasants?

    Because peasants are continually slowing down progress of a society or civilisation, demanding resources and causing trouble for the superior noble class. They're a damned nuisance with absolutely no taste or class. Little more than beasts, they should know their place as inferior and mind their manners, impertinent dogs.

    I realize you feel self entitled cause you got the biggest rig in the rooms, butI don't think you have a firm grasp of fuedal sociopolitics, what the peasantry actually is and why societies couldn't survive at all without them.

    If serious, 1/10 for letting it go right over your head.
    If joking, 10/10 for being clever.

    Are these just knee-jerk reactions from console players who can't stand the idea of their console being criticised so much that they become oblivious to everything else?

    Oh and yes, I was just being "clever" but I'd be remiss if I didn't remind you of poe's law. It is a thing.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel CanadaMembers Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Posts: 676 Advanced user
    edited August 2017
    crimson331 wrote: »
    On a more local note, your complaints are regarding this game are pretty stupid. PC has been getting non-stop support and updates the entire time. Xbone players have been waiting months for an update. (My cyclops was parked outside the Containment lab because I can't get in and I have literally nothing else to do. I only moved it cause the update glitch that erases all your old upgrades, didn't want to loose my vehicles too.) But now that the xbone update is the priority for the developers you piss and moan like a spoiled 12 year old cause you're not the favorite right now.

    It's not just this game I'm talking about. In fact, I couldn't really care less about Subnautica in particular right now. I haven't played it in a long time and I doubt I'll play it for very long even after 1.0. I'm just genuinely tired of consoles and the impact they have on the industry, and more than that, I'm tired of the complacency of console owners who seem so oblivious to how they are treated as consumers, and the fact they willingly bend over and take it, then actually act grateful, like abuse victims or people with Stockholm syndrome.

    But, if we must talk about this game in particular, of course I'm a little annoyed. It's natural to want the game worked on for the platform is was designed for. Finishing the game should be priority, that much seems so obvious. And updates? Who cares about updates? The next update should be 1.0, release, complete and finished. Then they should work on the port to console. Instead of PC gamers getting 1.0 and then the Xbox guys waiting for the port, we all have to wait longer. Of course I resent Xbox customers holding up the process. Why the hell wouldn't I?

    As for "nobody liking PC gamers"... well of course they don't. Because PC gamers are completely justified and correct in their assertions. All the evidence is on our side, and the truth sure does hurt a console owner. Why is it that every time you debate the merits of PC vs consoles, it ends up with console defenders simply stating that PC gamers are just arrogant elitists? Straw men are so lame, and amount to nothing but a surrender.
  • crimson331crimson331 Members Join Date: 2017-08-22 Member: 232534Posts: 5 Fully active user
    crimson331 wrote: »
    On a more local note, your complaints are regarding this game are pretty stupid. PC has been getting non-stop support and updates the entire time. Xbone players have been waiting months for an update. (My cyclops was parked outside the Containment lab because I can't get in and I have literally nothing else to do. I only moved it cause the update glitch that erases all your old upgrades, didn't want to loose my vehicles too.) But now that the xbone update is the priority for the developers you piss and moan like a spoiled 12 year old cause you're not the favorite right now.

    It's not just this game I'm talking about. In fact, I couldn't really care less about Subnautica in particular right now. I haven't played it in a long time and I doubt I'll play it for very long even after 1.0. I'm just genuinely tired of consoles and the impact they have on the industry, and more than that, I'm tired of the complacency of console owners who seem so oblivious to how they are treated as consumers, and the fact they willingly bend over and take it, then actually act grateful, like abuse victims or people with Stockholm syndrome.

    I'm not gonna pretend that that there isn't crap business practices on every medium, the game industry is rife with controversy. That industry isn't yours though. And that's the crap console players hate. You act like the PC gamers are the center of the gaming world and the Consoles are just parasites encroaching. in on it. That's not the way it works, it never worked that way. Console gaming actually predates home pc gaming.
    But, if we must talk about this game in particular, of course I'm a little annoyed. It's natural to want the game worked on for the platform is was designed for. Finishing the game should be priority, that much seems so obvious. And updates? Who cares about updates? The next update should be 1.0, release, complete and finished. Then they should work on the port to console. Instead of PC gamers getting 1.0 and then the Xbox guys waiting for the port, we all have to wait longer. Of course I resent Xbox customers holding up the process. Why the hell wouldn't I?

    The game is designed for what ever platform they decide to sell it on. It's their product they can develop it as they see fit. They made the contracting and licensing for a simultaneous release onto steam and Xbox market. Don't like it? Don't play . Secondly, it's an early access development title, it's not a full release yet so you really should just be happy you got to play early instead of pissing and moaning over the dev schedule. That "good money" you complained about spending on it? Xbone owners payed too. They deserve their updates too. And since you don't care, why are you here whinging about it in the first place?
    As for "nobody liking PC gamers"... well of course they don't. Because PC gamers are completely justified and correct in their assertions. All the evidence is on our side, and the truth sure does hurt a console owner. Why is it that every time you debate the merits of PC vs consoles, it ends up with console defenders simply stating that PC gamers are just arrogant elitists? Straw men are so lame, and amount to nothing but a surrender.

    No it has more to do with the fact that we don't actually care about your specs, your cool rigs, your steam sales or any of that crap. We like the things we like, and at the end of the day the "console wars" is just measuring contest that nobody wins. It pisses you off more that we don't care, because you think we should care.

    https://youtu.be/aDMsGl_XxTk

    Truly the most accurate representation of the situation.
    Morph_Guy
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Members Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Posts: 535 Advanced user
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel CanadaMembers Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Posts: 676 Advanced user
    edited August 2017
    crimson331 wrote: »
    It pisses you off more that we don't care, because you think we should care.

    Absolutely correct. To not care about the industry you claim to enjoy is complete madness. To support a section of that industry which is so clearly damaging the overall gaming industry basically amounts to an act of treason, which is why it's so annoying for anyone who can see the obvious. That's all there is to it. That's why console players are referred to as inferior, as peasants, as lesser than PC gamers. It's not that we're so great, it's just that consoles are that bad. We perceive your actions as foolish and you have absolutely no argument to defend yourselves.

    We don't dislike the fact you enjoy playing games or that you want to support the gaming industry, that much is great. (Hell, if we hated you that much we wouldn't want you to come and join us on the PC.)
    But we do dislike the way you choose to support the gaming industry, (by buying into a damaging console culture) and the way you keep promoting bad business and damaging practices by developers through your complacency and acceptance of a gaming culture which just keeps on getting worse.

    We all have to suffer because of your actions in defending and supporting console gaming, whereas PC gaming has no negative impact on your console gaming. In fact, PC gaming has given consoles everything. And how do they repay the PC? By hurting it badly and being a weight around it's neck.
    crimson331 wrote: »
    You act like the PC gamers are the center of the gaming world and the Consoles are just parasites encroaching. in on it.

    No no no, we don't act like PC gamers are the centre of the world. We act like PC games should be the centre of the gaming world.

    A parasite is "an organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the host's expense."
    Yep, that's the smartest thing you've said. Consoles are most definitely a parasite.
    Post edited by EnglishInfidel on
  • crimson331crimson331 Members Join Date: 2017-08-22 Member: 232534Posts: 5 Fully active user
    crimson331 wrote: »
    It pisses you off more that we don't care, because you think we should care.

    Absolutely correct. To not care about the industry you claim to enjoy is complete madness. To support a section of that industry which is so clearly damaging the overall gaming industry basically amounts to an act of treason, which is why it's so annoying for anyone who can see the obvious. That's all there is to it. That's why console players are referred to as inferior, as peasants, as lesser than PC gamers. It's not that we're so great, it's just that consoles are that bad. We perceive your actions as foolish and you have absolutely no argument to defend yourselves.

    We don't dislike the fact you enjoy playing games or that you want to support the gaming industry, that much is great. (Hell, if we hated you that much we wouldn't want you to come and join us on the PC.)
    But we do dislike the way you choose to support the gaming industry, (by buying into a damaging console culture) and the way you keep promoting bad business and damaging practices by developers through your complacency and acceptance of a gaming culture which just keeps on getting worse.

    We all have to suffer because of your actions in defending and supporting console gaming, whereas PC gaming has no negative impact on your console gaming. In fact, PC gaming has given consoles everything. And how do they repay the PC? By hurting it badly and being a weight around it's neck.
    crimson331 wrote: »
    You act like the PC gamers are the center of the gaming world and the Consoles are just parasites encroaching. in on it.

    No no no, we don't act like PC gamers are the centre of the world. We act like PC games should be the centre of the gaming world.

    A parasite is "an organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the host's expense."
    Yep, that's the smartest thing you've said. Consoles are most definitely a parasite.


    Yeah just a lot of wah wah wah, me me me.
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse ukMembers Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Posts: 100 Advanced user
    I can't even remember what game were talking about any more.. Where am I? What's my name!? Argghh!
  • LAZYNOOB2017LAZYNOOB2017 United KingdomMembers Join Date: 2016-12-31 Member: 225824Posts: 87 Advanced user
    I'm assuming my post was deleting so Obraxis's comment is the last on the issue. Thanks for your input.
Sign In or Register to comment.