Make suggestion... horribly unsuited for Subnautica (Below Zero Edition)

Comments

• Sam_StarfallSam_Starfall Join Date: 2017-05-21 Member: 230665Members
    All precursor keys are purple and they all unlock all doors. The Precursor bases can be done in any order. The new cost to make a purple key is 1 titanium and the blueprint is given from the start

Well played, let me try to top that.

Let's rework Subnautica so it is a nonlinear perfection and so you can fight the Sea Emperor Leviathan and finish the game within 10 minutes if you have skills. To achieve that, you have to remove all forms of FORCED RAILROADING and "traditional" gating.

Make it so all story related elements can be triggered in any order (baring the exit-planet button) with no consequences. They should just be quest-marker you collect to reach the 100% exploration achievements.

- Make it possible to get in any rooms of any wrecks even if you don't have an hull-cutter, so long as you take an alternative route with more air-tank in the inventory
    - Make all air-tanks with roughly the same quantity of Air, so you aren't horribly penalized for not looting "that one wreck".
    - Remove the pressure gameplay from all submarines, replace it by having less armor unless you grind metal to upgrade an armor upgrade 2 times
    - Make it possible to mine large resources deposit right from the start so long as it take more time, you shouldn't be railroaded to look for the prawn
    - Remove radiation, you shouldn't be denied the ability to explore the Aurora until you get a anti-radiation key.
    - Remove locked doors if there's no alternate path, this is an exploration game not a corridor game.
    - Make Reaper possible to fight with a knife, the game should be based on skills not on finding a item randomly
    - Make it possible to find the most important fragment in any biome, you shouldn't have to explore a specifics biome to have the Cyclops.
    - Simplify all resources and recipe until every item can all be made from component you can find in every biomes.

Seriously, any form of linear railroading or sequential feature is absolutely shit game-design from the middle age. What game even have a structure that explode after a set time anymore? The Aurora should only explode if you -the player- do the -deliberate effort- of activating the plot-trigger.

(I take full responsibility for anyone doing the railroaded variant next)
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    So glad this thread is back. This is one of my favorites.

OK let's see...

Make the whole game an election simulator. Diffrent actions cost currency (in the form of titanium) which is fundraiser by your stalker campaign volunteers. Each biome has diffrent creatures with diffrent opinions on diffrent issues (ex remove the Aurora wreck or leave it, ban violence between fish, save the Sea Crown, ect ) and their population size will affect how many electoral votes they have. your stances and campaign actions will affect your popularity with the biome based on its views. At the end of the election cycle, the votes are tallied up and the winner is based on the number of electoral votes won. Diffrent actions include:

● Hire mesmers to go door to door (boost
    popularity in regions with mesmers)

●Charity work for victims of predator violence

●Blowing up the Aurora's dark matter drive
    (boost titanium per turn but lowers popularity)

●Donate powercells to the hungry lava larva

And more!
    a Ghost submarine from the previous expedition with actual ghosts in it
  • LazulazuLazulazu Join Date: 2016-11-18 Member: 224057Members
    add a hitman style mode to the game where you get contracts to kill a specific species to extinction without getting spotted by other creatures in your stealth-mobile.
  • ByteMeByteMe GFY :) Join Date: 2016-05-03 Member: 216319Members
    The game needs an option to swap the protagonists from DooM (2016) with Subnautica. As it turns out, Samuel Hayden teleported the DooM Marine onto the Aurora at the end of DooM. Queue the intro to Subnautica. Now, instead of scanning components to build survival items in the fabricator, find scrapped weapon parts and rebuild your arsenal. Does that Sea Dragon Leviathan seem testy? Calm it down with a healthy helping of BFG rounds! Not close and personal enough for you? Wear him down with the super shotty and finish him with one of many unique, positional Glory Kills (gotta try 'em all!).

Bring the ferocity of DooM into Subnautica as you fight your way off of the planet and make your way back to Mars to stop Doctor Hayden for good!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited July 2017
    Doom guy only hates demons right? :D

Also... Is his suit water proof, I've never seen ANY water in his world
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »

If he's like most old-school shooter characters, he dies instantly on contact with six inches or more of water.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    sayerulz wrote: »

If he's like most old-school shooter characters, he dies instantly on contact with six inches or more of water.
    sayerulz wrote: »

Yeah, Drowning Feet were a real problem back then.
    B)
  • NuclearTestingNuclearTesting Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232082Members
    edited July 2017
    gamer1000k wrote: »
    Why build a puny little rocket on the surface when you can build a capital ship underwater?

7wwh77xzmpm4.jpg

Oh no... it's happening... STAR TREK!!! SPACE!!! YES. YES. YES.
    Help me.
    How about Atlantis?06l44zjkxjao.png
  • leenpowellleenpowell Join Date: 2017-07-19 Member: 231926Members
    How about Atlantis?

Haha Atlantis may be horribly suited for the game but the idea of an underwater, ruined Precursor city would be freakin amazing. Go post that in actual suggestions! ;)
    Subnautica should rebrand itself as "Cybernautica" and make it so everything you do is actually a conceptualized "dive" into an unreal "reality" with a dive-overlay, rather than an actual dive on other planet. This would justify any unrealistic aspect or ridiculously athletic achievement.

In fact your character should be an old man in a wheel chair with a spunky schoolgirl as a sidekick,
    The whole mystery of this cyberplanet would be an original-do-not-steal plot about a deeper layers of network-induced psychological neurosis keeping you from leaving and trying to kill you
    edited August 2017
    Let's bump it with a -not so subtle- take that!

GREATEST SUGGESTION EVER:
    Subnautica should give characters choice to accurately represent any significant social group and races, social status.

Why the hell is the game limited to an athletic Mexican worker?
    They should know CHINESE represent most of the world population
    The game should also have a fat and white engineer guy with a double chin.
    The game should have an afro-american character and Indian and American-Indian.
    As well as Inuit characters, very important, it will make sense for the Artic biome to be added.
    And you need to represent all age as well, there's younger and older people playing the game you know.
    Also I feeling oppressed by the lack of choice for hair color, are you saying that nothing good come out of blond or red hair?
    I was going to bring health issue as well but I remembered Subnautica already dedicated time-capsule to a poor fan who died of cancer.
    So instead I'll only ask for extraterrestrial civilization to have a proper representation, what if a precursor race get to play the game and feel insulted by how Subnautica portray precursor alien race uh? "duuuh human-meat think we are too stupid to cure a disease and keep a quarantine"

Also I'm training my dog to bark any time a reaper appear, If he like doing that that will make him a relevant players, so every dogs will need an accurate representation to managed their immersion.

[/sarcasm]
    edited August 2017
    A balanced computer chip recipe.
    [/sarcasm]
  • GerogeRomeroGerogeRomero Jakobdavin@gmail.com Join Date: 2017-07-31 Member: 232164Members
    Add realistic nuclear reactors....what? I can't be the only one who thinks these things aren't worth the effort at all, can I?...
  • NickHowler337NickHowler337 Malaysia Join Date: 2017-03-28 Member: 229250Members
    Time travel. Just yes
    edited August 2017
    Hmmm... how about an actual Stargate! I really like Stargate... maybe to much.
    pmal588vx5bt.jpg
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Is it OK to post really BIG pics again?
    edited August 2017
    The game should be on adobe flash on the web and should have ads randomly pop up every 3 secs
  • SouthernGorillaSouthernGorilla United States Join Date: 2017-07-26 Member: 232057Members
    Blueprints for a CAD terminal so I can draw up designs for my own structures and vehicles that can then be built in-game.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Blueprints for a CAD terminal so I can draw up designs for my own structures and vehicles that can then be built in-game.

TBH, that would be an awesome idea! :D

With a twist to keep it into the realm of WTF, it could be set up like Robot Arena or heck Subnautica Gmod, git Garry in here
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members

TBH, that would be an awesome idea! :D

With a twist to keep it into the realm of WTF, it could be set up like Robot Arena or heck Subnautica Gmod, git Garry in here

Yeah, I'd pay for that :D
  • Artanis00500Artanis00500 Join Date: 2017-08-04 Member: 232226Members
    Id like to see the Atlas Submarine(see my profile picture because that's a pic of the submarine)Added into the game,even if its just a little nod to it and/or a picture
    edited August 2017
    The game should be made into a crossover with the SCP-foundation.

Do not ask why I suddenly got this idea. As you know I am a very inspired person.
    I do not thank Artanis00500 for ninja-ing my effect thought by mere seconds
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    edited August 2017
    The game should be made into a crossover with the SCP-foundation.

Do not ask why I suddenly got this idea. As you know I am a very inspired person.
    I do not thank Artanis00500 for ninja-ing my effect thought by mere seconds

@Sam_Starfall

O.O

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/152379/scp-fans-unite/p1?new=1
    I refute any implication that your previous post, signature and avatar may have influenced in any way my last Horribly unsuited suggestion.
  • FalsonePlaysFalsonePlays Nauxes Join Date: 2017-05-27 Member: 230791Members