[Release] ns2_Jambi

123457»

Comments

• xtcmenxtcmen Join Date: 2004-04-20 Member: 28040Members, Squad Five Blue
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Things I have noticed looking around in the level file
    1) There's a lot of really big lights that light a room, similar to how you would light a map when it's first greyboxed, "1 light per rom" approach.
    2) People like "pretty shiny" things, it appears "flat and boring" because there is not enough lights that use specular/reflection probes.
    3) Skylights appears to be fine, no idea why people would get poor performance.
    4) There's not enough "natural light", with lights coming from props to light rooms
    5) No biodome glass (people like shiny), but reasonably so, never made any sense in Refinery to have shiny glass.

Examples of tiny changes that make a noticable difference +- a few lights
    old http://i.imgur.com/gmkLAxp.jpg new http://i.imgur.com/xbsiqKG.jpg
    old http://i.imgur.com/gsFI24k.jpg new http://i.imgur.com/EJGTFlb.jpg
    old http://i.imgur.com/MTKRXcm.jpg new http://i.imgur.com/Q9GZPIn.jpg

Wow those look really good
    If anyone wants to work on Jambi ( @SamusDroid‌ ) just let me know... You can grab the file from the workshop folder and then send it to me. It technically still is a community map ;)

I simply do not have the free time to do it.
    Loki wrote: »
    Its not an occlusion geo issue.
    There is a duplication of the spot lights in "skylights" (external lights outside of the ceiling windows)
    Removing those excess lights will net you some more FPS
    On top of this the lighting settings there can be tweaked a bit (spot lights) to gain additional FPS

Back from the dead!

I always told myself that if I were to re-work Jambi I would change skylights to fix the line of sight to prevent the engine from rendering multiple rooms when you look at a specific angle. I don't think the spot lights are causing the massive FPS drop.

That is the cause of most of the issues. If anyone else is reading this, check your sights on your maps.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    xtcmen wrote: »
    Loki wrote: »
    Its not an occlusion geo issue.
    There is a duplication of the spot lights in "skylights" (external lights outside of the ceiling windows)
    Removing those excess lights will net you some more FPS
    On top of this the lighting settings there can be tweaked a bit (spot lights) to gain additional FPS

Back from the dead!

I always told myself that if I were to re-work Jambi I would change skylights to fix the line of sight to prevent the engine from rendering multiple rooms when you look at a specific angle. I don't think the spot lights are causing the massive FPS drop.

That is the cause of most of the issues. If anyone else is reading this, check your sights on your maps.

-If one thing can be done easily is light set up. Provide spots for a skulk to hide in the dark. We just can't at the moment. That's why i hate Jambi (At the moment). Difficulty 1.

-Vents : make sure no marine can go in without a JP. Difficulty 2.

-"Hold X issue" but you know that already. Difficulty 3.
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Woo! Thanks for updating this.
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    xtcmen wrote: »
    New Update

-Fixed Skylight / gravity /repair fps.
    -Fixed Stuck Spots
    -Marine Start IP
    -Increased lighting a bit in gravity / repair
    -Shameless self-advertising

It's lovely to see that you are keeping up work on one of NS2's best maps!
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos

There is Cyst bug that makes the alien commander job painful.

Also this one (It may be the cause).
    4ld8frlunu1p.jpg

• ceribikceribik Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69492Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver
    Is the minimap broken for anyone else on the map?
  • BabblerKingBabblerKing Join Date: 2015-07-12 Member: 206120Members
    edited November 2015
    Someone else just asked that on wheel, odd.

edit: he said he worked around it by changing map zoom.
  • ceribikceribik Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69492Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver
    ceribik wrote: »
    Is the minimap broken for anyone else on the map?

Ok I figured out the issue. If minimap zoom is set to 0.75, you can only see yourself and not other players/structures. If you change it back to (the default?) 0.5, all works fine. Only happens on ns2_jambi afaik.
  • antouantou France Join Date: 2016-07-24 Member: 220615Members
    Hey,
    You can get inside the Bay Wing vent as an Onos. In most places of the vent you can't hit marines though.
  • knorpelmannknorpelmann germany Join Date: 2017-05-10 Member: 230390Members
    will the minimap bug, not displaying anything but the map, ever be fixed? or is it supposed to not to work, so aliens have an advantage? :smiley:
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    @knorpelmann unfortunately the cause of that bug is unknown. However if you change the zoom of your minimap (I think it needs to be zoomed in to a certain extent) then everything should display normally.
  • knorpelmannknorpelmann germany Join Date: 2017-05-10 Member: 230390Members
    @Mephilles ok, thanks for the info! i'll try that with the zoom next time I play the map :smile:
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited May 2017
    someone willing to delete the post above mine?

EDIT: thx for deleting
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    WoW WoW, wait a minute, todays the the day i become. Dr. Maxamus. :trollface:
    Quick info. Jambi got another little update.

The update focused on removing some stuck spots, filling some holes, improving commander view a bit and removing those annoying collision geometry shards in trash ejection.
  • KeatsKeats United States Join Date: 2014-11-04 Member: 199413Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    the left armory is unpowered even though it says it's on bay wing. (notice that no power node blueprints were dropped)
    YbVJ4Hq.jpg
    Small Jambi Update:

- fixed various location issues where buildings would not receive power
    - changed the location borders in some rooms to be more intuitive (so a room changes with the doorway for example)
    - cleared up the commander overview a little
    - fixed a stuck spot near marine start
    - fixed that you could hide a drifter in the red crate in pipeworks

Let's hope I didn't break anything, if more issues come up pls let me know.