What kind of mod do you want to see?

nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
I'm going to make some more mods soon but I don't want to publish something that no one is interested in.
I'm going to ask what you'd like to see and probably make it after a couple days of poll.
Edit 2: I accidentally hit enter so the period is the "other" I guess

Comments

• AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    If you want to collaborate - let me know :)
  • nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
    @Avimimus how would you want to collaborate?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    Other.

More "quests" needed. Chain them together. Create goals, give us a reason to keep playing. Give us something different to strive for.

Also I'd like an aggressive AI mod which makes the world more dangerous, combined with a simple edit to damage values which means 1 or 2 hits kills you. Make the player think about every small movement, and travel in small leaps and bounds across the world avoiding danger.
    Basically make the predators an actual threat instead of just a nuisance.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    How about figuring out a way to make nitrogen narcosis (already in-game but disabled IIRC) work as a game mechanic without making the game frustrating (Ha! The sky is the limit! I have faith in you! You most do this! xD)
    @EnglishInfidel Had a feeling you'd say that about difficulty. Quests also seem like good idea.
    @0x6A7232 Maybe as you play longer, your player starts to get used to it?
  • NerdyEricNerdyEric Join Date: 2016-11-15 Member: 223876Members
    All of these ideas already sound so good. I would also like a mod that allows you to tame a bunch of the creatures. I've always liked games where you can tame animals.
    @NerdyEric are we going to knock it unconscious and feed it berries?
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    Difficulty/horror. Especially the horror. Also, more biomes and wildlife.
    @TenebrousNova Adding biomes would be a bit too hard but wildlife would be relatively easy
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    nesrak1 wrote: »
    @TenebrousNova Adding biomes would be a bit too hard but wildlife would be relatively easy

This game def needs more crustaceans!

@NerdyEric are we going to knock it unconscious and feed it berries?

lol you devil you, i see wat joo did there *nyhARK* *nyhARK* *nyhARK!*
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    edited April 2017
    @EnglishInfidel Had a feeling you'd say that about difficulty. Quests also seem like good idea.

How hard would changes to AI be to implement? In a perfect world, I believe there should be much more variation in creature behaviour. Stalkers need to actually stalk, for example. They need to be programmed to follow the player over distance, sneaking in for a bite and then retreating out of reach, hiding, then returning to a stalking behaviour pattern. They should follow you from the shadows over long, long distances, not give up as soon as you move away from them.

They need to earn their name.
    edited April 2017
    @EnglishInfidel No I wasn't saying it would be hard to do (in theory it should be easy thanks to the IL injector I made a while back).
    That's what I was asking.

First of all though, you have obviously have to do the compulsory nudity mod that every game has to have.
    @EnglishInfidel skyrim's got plenty of those...
    Sub's got no third person or NPCs
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    @EnglishInfidel skyrim's got plenty of those...
    Sub's got no third person or NPCs

Well, there's always the fish. ;)

Good luck with that.
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

Those Gasopods got plenty of junk in the trunk, I wanna see 'em shake those money makers.

Maybe. Or an upgrade that lets you produce something to neutralize it (transfuser?). I *think* breathing pure O2 fixes the problem, but creates other problems that are just as bad or worse (oxygen toxicity or something?) @scubamatt @Bugzapper @scifiwriterguy
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Maybe. Or an upgrade that lets you produce something to neutralize it (transfuser?). I *think* breathing pure O2 fixes the problem, but creates other problems that are just as bad or worse (oxygen toxicity or something?) @scubamatt @Bugzapper @scifiwriterguy

Bingo, @0x6A7232. :) Oxygen toxicity is one problem. Another much more horrifying one is that oxygen is a corrosive material and, under high pressure, just loves to prove it. It'll start dissolving your lungs under seriously high pressure. It's why deep divers cut the O2 with helium and hydrogen; too much oxygen will kill you deader than disco.

Oh, and there's no "getting used to" nitrogen narcosis. You get loopy, stoned, and dead. In that order...and in short order, too. ;)

Frankly, if you're going to go modding breathing gas, the diving community would probably take it as a nice gesture to implement depth-dependent gas mixes. Air for up to, say, 100m. Heliox for up to 300m. Hydrox below that. Modeling the effects of using the wrong gas would be a royal pain in the DLL, but imposing a consumption penalty would be fair (and easy to implement). :grin:
    "Divers can learn to cope with some of the effects of narcosis, but it is impossible to develop a tolerance. "
    I don't know provably replied too quick
    "Divers can learn to cope with some of the effects of narcosis, but it is impossible to develop a tolerance. "

Basically, you can learn to cope with loopy, maybe a bit of stoned, but if you make a mistake you're dead? I dunno. Source?
    Google quick search in google assistant
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Suggestions:

- Integrated Compass and/or Thermometer on the HUD, without the need of spending inventory slots for them.
    - Extra slots for upgrades for vehicles.
    - Customise menu: player can choose speed of battery and power cell draining, base energy recharge, vehicle and player health, damage taken, damage made by player, time for stasis bubble takes to disappear, etc.
    How about (if you do it) if you get the web browser in the FRIEND, it defaults to the Subnautica Wiki?
    And I can dub over the speaker to say FRIEND and the item of the lamp to be MEL
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members

No; it's true. Some people do say that. Just not in any context where they can be sued. ;)

Even for experienced divers, narcosis is a serious risk. Your reaction times are off and your movements are sloppy. You don't give things the care and attention you should. It's a lot like driving drunk: potentially survivable, but a really stupid and easily avoidable risk.
    edited April 2017
    Hey, @nesrak1, a while back, @0x6A7232 and I were knocking around an idea for an item that would probably be child's play for you to put in a mod: the Sunflare. Here's the original post contents:

1. Deploy the Sunflare like a beacon, ideally at least 20-30m above the seafloor. It will stay put just like a beacon.
    2. Countdown timer starts. Flare auto-ignites in 5-10 seconds. You have that time to get clear of it. If you're still within, say, 10m of the Sunflare at ignition, you start taking heat damage.
    3. The Sunflare burns for, oh, 5 realtime minutes. While it's burning, though, it's casting a 50m(?) sphere of intense white light - enough to make it daytime at the bottom of the darkest deep. If you approach it during the burn, you get burnt. (No picking this up and reusing it. Unless you're sick of having hands, that is.)
    4. At the end of its burn, it disintegrates. Nothing to reclaim.

As for construction, I'd say you're right: two or three magnesium (which has too few uses right now as it is), a crash powder (serving as ignitor and booster), and a titanium (the shell).

Ideally, it would also antagonize predators that hunt by light - leviathans and suchlike - making the indiscriminate use of Sunflares a risky proposition. (Or perhaps a good strategy for the cunning player.)

From a development standpoint, the object itself could be cloned from the Beacon, editing its properties to suit. Effectively replacing its beacon package with a light emission routine, both of which are probably already coded modules to allow for easy re-use. (Yay for object-oriented programming!)
    Beacon is just a regular item (like if you drop something) but floats instead of falls.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    An ON/OFF light switch for the Multipurpose Room.
    B)
    edited April 2017
    Well now its more like the ideas section
    Ill start tomorrow