MAJOR ISSUE (Save Bug)

Comments

• ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    Thanks OBRAXIS;
    I have very limited functionality with JPGs taken with the RS-IN.
    I can't manipulate any controls in this Tab or even delete a JPG.
    I trust that someone will outline the procedure to send the JPGs to the Devs?
  • Captn_MikroCaptn_Mikro Michigan Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223287Members
    I know th
    When do you expect the update to go through , I'm drooling with anticipation

I know this one............ SOON !!!
  • HypeXjinxHypeXjinx Ohio Join Date: 2017-03-11 Member: 228848Members
    edited March 2017
    Everyone pray that the update works. I was so sad becuase I restarted after I lost my first save, then I made a new one, made the seamoth, then cyclops, then prawn, and my save broke right after saving with the prawn in the cyclops :( but now we have hope! I'm dying for this update
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    HypeXjinx wrote: »
    Everyone pray that the update works. I was so sad becuase I restarted after I lost my first save, then I made a new one, made the seamoth, then cyclops, then prawn, and my save broke right after saving with the prawn in the cyclops :( but now we have hope! I'm dying for this update

The update will likely not fix the issue, but it will give us more information to help fix it. So please post screenshots when it happens, it's very important we see the error message itself.
  • este_00este_00 Join Date: 2017-03-01 Member: 228436Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    The update will likely not fix the issue, but it will give us more information to help fix it. So please post screenshots when it happens, it's very important we see the error message itself.

Will the error be relavent to previous saves? Or only crashes that happen with files started on the latest version?

what funny I'm on xbox insider build 1704 build on my 12th restart each unknown load screen error reported to xbox dash dev team it logs it there are 11 copies of the games user data on xboxes end each one corrupted at 64.1mbs

edited March 2017

I will post screenshots but do you know when the update will be allowed by Xbox? Or approximately when
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Guys, if you want to know when the update will be approved / when it will arrive, ask the people who actually know that answer: Microsoft. But I can tell you what they'll most likely say: "When it's ready"
  • WeylandYutani1989WeylandYutani1989 Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228931Members
    I know th
    When do you expect the update to go through , I'm drooling with anticipation

I know this one............ SOON !!!
    GENIOUS !!!!

• blossyblossy Join Date: 2017-03-29 Member: 229285Members
    The error message of my old (before today's update) save:
    Save data loading failed (A null value was found where an object instance was required.).

idgnisir8mc2.jpeg

After the update this showed up
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Thanks guys, update is now live so keep these screenshots of the issue coming.
  • LihanLihan St. Louis Join Date: 2017-03-29 Member: 229284Members
    I posted on the other one but this is what I keep getting.
    lpcmjpl2kzmu.png
    That's as verbose as you devs went huh? It's a preview, I personally would have filled the screen with variables/states and had code lines listed with exceptions for days... but I'm sure you guys know what you're doing.

I'll start a new game and promptly go mess it up!
  • phaserphaser Washington Join Date: 2017-03-30 Member: 229297Members
    I don't know how to post my screenshot from my XB1 but I'm getting the same error message. "null value was found".
    XB1S F OFF/ONLINE;
    It seems that someone figured how to do it but since I have to kill XBLive to play
    while connected I don't think I will be able to include a screenshot
  • untamedgameruntamedgamer Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228374Members
    same here getting that null value object instance was required, hope this helps you guys find this horrible issue. keep up the hard work dev's!
  • ApexPaladinApexPaladin Join Date: 2017-03-30 Member: 229299Members
    edited March 2017
    As requested, here is a screenshot of the error I am coming across after installing the latest update for the game:
    ktbbd8zcnxe5.jpg

The latest system update for the Xbox One was released today and has made several changes to the console's UI. Here is what you can do to take screenshots on the Xbox One for those who are unsure how to:
    - Once the error shows up, tap the "Xbox button" on your controller; this will pull up the new Guide menu while the game is running in the background.
    - With the Guide menu up, you should see a small black box at the top of your screen which should show several options for capturing media and opening the Game DVR. Press the "Y button" on your controller to capture the screenshot of the error message.
    - Once you get a notification that the screenshot was captured, you can open the Guide menu again and press the "View button" on your controller to open the Game DVR menu. Select "Manage captures" afterwards.
    - You should then be able to see the captured screenshot on the next page. Select the image and then select "Share".
    - For me, on the following sub-menu, I then clicked on "OneDrive". The image should be almost instantly saved there. If you have access to the OneDrive on a PC (preferably) or any other device, you should be able to recover the image there and post it here. You may need to convert the image into a different file type (the image type I captured was in PNG so I got it converted into a JPG file just in case).

Hope this helps!
  • ku5iku5i Budapest Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 226036Members
    i have the same issue..

1jh2uumgutj3.jpg
    Thanks! I'll give it a try.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    PNG should work anywhere a JPG will (if not, the problem isn't you, isn't the service, PNGs are as ubiquitous as JPGs and BMPs). If all you have is an Xbox, I think you can use the Edge Browser and visit the forums, and post it that way (get the sharing link from OneDrive by using the OneDrive app on the Xbox, or if that's not working, sign into OneDrive using Edge and get the sharing code that way).
  • MrClean83MrClean83 United States Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219894Members
    edited March 2017
    Yeah big problem. Mine says unknowen error. It is getting worse. Use to be able to get to 24 hours of game play, know it is down to a few.
    Thanks 0x6A7232
    I have hardest time keeping things out of one drive but I'll try it.
    I do have PCs (>5) and can get a pic converter. I'll work on it.
    THX
    Srlsy!? Take a $#(*%ing picture with your phone if you can't figure out how to grab a screenshot.

It's not like the error message they put in has any actual relevance anyhow. From what we've seen you can just write "null value" and you'll be giving the devs all the information they included for themselves.
    edited March 2017
    Well I imagine that dumping the registers to the screen was already considered but of
    low value (another pun).

I worked on mainframes, midframes and Unix servers, we didn't have these problems.
    It's called Interoperability

Let's hope the information is useful.
  • dork42dork42 Michigan Join Date: 2017-03-30 Member: 229307Members
    Here Ya Go, Grabbed it off my XBOX program on PC after41zoowgbqa8o.png
    double tapping home button for screen shot
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    looks like everyone is getting the same thing
    My fresh restart not tripped yet but it will
  • ApexPaladinApexPaladin Join Date: 2017-03-30 Member: 229299Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    PNG should work anywhere a JPG will (if not, the problem isn't you, isn't the service, PNGs are as ubiquitous as JPGs and BMPs). If all you have is an Xbox, I think you can use the Edge Browser and visit the forums, and post it that way (get the sharing link from OneDrive by using the OneDrive app on the Xbox, or if that's not working, sign into OneDrive using Edge and get the sharing code that way).

Thanks for clearing that up! I was skeptical about using the Edge app on the console (actually didn't know about the sharing code for the OneDrive since I just pulled the image file directly from it) but after you had explained it, that should be a valid way of submitting screenshots here too.

• onepeechewonepeechew Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228924Members