"Save Data loading failed" - How do I fix this?

cbundy99cbundy99 Join Date: 2016-06-23 Member: 218946Members
After I exited the game, it wouldn't allow me to load my save. Keeps saying "Save Data loading failed. Try again?" How do I fix this? Is my save completely screwed?

Comments

• 406783406783 Tampico Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228344Members
    I have the same problem, i was so advanced and then this magical words "Save Data loading failed. Try again?"

Someone know how to fix it? or i lost my entire game and time?
  • ThatIsaacGuyThatIsaacGuy Illinois Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228314Members
    I don't think anyone knows how or if there even is a fix at the moment. I was discussing it with people in a couple other threads and nobody had fixed it. I think we might just have to wait for a game patch.
    :(
  • cbundy99cbundy99 Join Date: 2016-06-23 Member: 218946Members
    Really hope this can be fixed in the next patch. I don't want to restart until the next big update.
  • NeintalesNeintales Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228283Members
    As of now a lot of players are waiting for this issue to be addressed and all we can do is be patient as sad as it is.
  • NoZeroNoZero Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228364Members
    Yeah, I was playing earlier today just fine but now I tried to load my game it gave me this error too. Kinda demotivating really since this game takes so much time for you to get anywhere but you cant trust your save ;___;
  • kenj043kenj043 Roanoke Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228369Members
    I started playing this game the day before the patch. This has happened to me twice 20 hours gone! My question is has this always been an issue or has it started since the patch
  • untamedgameruntamedgamer Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228374Members
    having trouble finding fragments spawning, and later came across that save error! is this a game breaking bug?
  • dmancap56dmancap56 Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228377Members
    @kenj043, I believe this started after castle coffe update
  • Sm0k3y_JSm0k3y_J UK Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228381Members
    Three times it's happened to me first was on a 12 hour save second on a 17 hour save and just happened again on a 20 hour save!! All the other bugs and glitches in game I can handle but all this wasted time really puts me off playing again it's demoralising
  • RexSD88RexSD88 Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228360Members
    I have the same problem. It seems that even if you start a new game it will sooner or later (I.e. 1hr-20hr) it will have a corrupt save and you will loss everything. Let's hope they can do a quick hot fix to get us all to the next big patch. Still a great game and I can't wait to get back on.
  • TurtletotTurtletot Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228320Members
    I also discussed this on another thread, I've lost 2 worlds to "save data loading failed". But for some reason the new world I made a few days ago works fine. I have no idea how or why. I don't know if this will help you guys or not, but everytime I save I do absolutely nothing. I stay still and wait for the saving process to be done. Then I quit to main menu and load the world to make sure it still works. I don't know if this is why my world works, but so far it's working fine.
  • NeintalesNeintales Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228283Members
    @Turtletot have you initiated the sunbeam cut scene yet on your save?
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    XB1S Survival;
    It finally happened. 22hrs+ in game.
    Went to the gun array, save failed to load.
    Reinstalled SN, resync fails since update.
  • TurtletotTurtletot Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228320Members
    So the world I previously talked about that was working fine, now has the "save data loading failed" thing. It just happened randomly and I didn't do anything important like the Sunbeam sequence. So it seems it just happens at random times for no reason.
  • jiveturkeyjiveturkey Join Date: 2017-02-28 Member: 228424Members
    I'm also having this problem. The only difference I noticed between pre and post patch was the length of time it took to save the game. It went from almost instant to nearly 30 seconds. Someone on Reddit also noticed this. Did any of you?
  • cbundy99cbundy99 Join Date: 2016-06-23 Member: 218946Members
    jiveturkey wrote: »
    I'm also having this problem. The only difference I noticed between pre and post patch was the length of time it took to save the game. It went from almost instant to nearly 30 seconds. Someone on Reddit also noticed this. Did any of you?

Yeah, I've noticed saving takes a while.
  • Joshher117Joshher117 Join Date: 2017-03-04 Member: 228585Members
    The same thing has happened to me... Lost 2 games and 6 hours of gameplay because of this. It sucks because I want to play but because of this, I don't really feel like putting in more time into another game that will probably give me "Save Data Loading Failed. Try Again?" again... The first game it happened on, I built a base near a wreck that would never spawn in. It simple had a bunch of floating ship holes and empty boxes, I figured that was why (even though I saved and exited in the game around the 2 hour mark). But this new save, there was no reason I could tell why it did this. Everything in game so far seemed good. Also, the game has taken much long to save I have noticed for me. I hope thos gets resolved soon. Its a super fun game and I appreciate the devs helping us, but I just really would like to play the game without worrying about not exiting it due to it becoming unplayable after.
  • JooostanJooostan Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217421Members
    edited March 2017
    Just happened to me: my save was 2 days, 15 hours. Yeah.
    After playing the same save for so many hours (I started this save after the last update), I really thought I was in the clear.
    I was wrong :(
    I saved the same way I always do: stop moving, exit seamoth, save game. Except this time, in a fraction of a second, it glitched me back into my seamoth then immediately shoved me back out of it, propelling my seamoth forward and leaving me floating, stunned.
    I instantly noticed two things: that my oxygen was not lowering, and (more importantly) I couldn't move: my character was frozen, even though the surrounding environment was fully active and moving all around me.
    I tried to move for a couple of minutes with no success, until I finally gave up and quit and restarted.
    And then: upon trying to load my aged saved, it gave me the same error: "Save data loading failed. Try again?"
    *sad face*
    This was the longest I had ever played and the furthest I had ever gotten on a single save before too.
  • JustAwesome360JustAwesome360 Join Date: 2017-03-06 Member: 228670Members
    READ THIS
    They are trying to fix this, but there isn't any known way to access your corrupted save game. BUT, what you can do is start a new game, open up console commands (yes xbox one has them) and command all your stuff back. You can go to wikipedia to find the list of commnds. To open up the console you press LB RB and A at the same time.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    edited March 2017
    I found a fix for this and posted a thread on the Subnautica Bug Reporting thread list. Sorry guys meant to post it to the Xbox threads. It's here though. https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/149046/found-a-fix-for-the-recent-save-load-bug
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    The "Infected Update" passed MS Cert for Xbox & will go out on the Xbox today at 6:00 AM PST.

As @Max has said, we have still not been able to reproduce the issue. I've personally spent nearly a week testing the game on both a retail console and a XDK development kit, playing games, trying to reproduce the save/load issues people have been having with no success.

Max has made some potential fixes and added additional information to the error message that pops up. If this happens for you once the new update is out , please post screenshots of this error so we can locate the problem.

Thanks everyone for your help and apologies for the issues you're having. We're working very hard on this and it's top priority.

• mamamama Washington Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220141Members
    Ok guys stop saying be patient, its not too much to ask to at least load the game up. Every save immediately corrupts. Redownlaoding, power cycles dont help. Its easy to say be patient when you can load your game up or craete a new game and play it a while before it corrupts. Some of us fo not have that luxury
  • CryptidGamingCryptidGaming Libby Mt Join Date: 2017-03-12 Member: 228877Members
    OK SCREW PATIENCE I WAS ABOUT TO GO TAKE MY CYCLOPS INTO THE LAVA ZONE AND SCAN THE SEA DRAGON! I'VE BEEN GETTING READY FOR PROBABLY OVER A DAY IN REAL LIFE TIME
  • Deathcannon1469Deathcannon1469 VA, USA Join Date: 2017-03-13 Member: 228890Members
    THIS HAS HAPPEND TWICE TO THE SAME SAVE! I HAVE SPENT 4 FULL DAYS TOTAL ON IT! IM DONE BEING PATIENT! WHATS THE POINT OF PLAYING A GAME THAT DOESN'T LET YOU USE A SAVE THAT YOU'VE WORK SO HARD ON!!!!!
  • SR20XRaritySR20XRarity Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228927Members
    This is still happening during the new update to. I spent 16 hrs playing and finally got up to the alien base where it reads that i got infected only for me to save and quit, then that error message comes up. Does anyone know when they gonna fix it. I am not gonna delete my save. It seems to happen when i get up to that part.
  • WeylandYutani1989WeylandYutani1989 Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228931Members
    NOOOOOOOOO !!!!! , I have just fallen victim to the dreaded save/load bug , I bought this game three weeks ago and spent ages building and searching for fragments , staying up to wee hours of the morning till the birds started singing to only lose it after the infected update , I then spent a further 26 hours on a new game , finally got the cyclops , moonpool , multi function room and all the other bits that are hard to find .
    I just got home from work to find it won't load my game and I don't want to start again if the same issue occurs again , please fix this guys as I love this game and I'm now having to dust off my other games to keep me going
  • WeylandYutani1989WeylandYutani1989 Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228931Members
  • righteoushorighteousho usa Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228933Members
    Also just encountered this bug.. got the game 2 days ago was 15 hours in. Convinced my brother to purchase also better give him the bad news. Very disappointed, i dealt with the disgraceful frame drops because its a cool concept but this is ridiculous hopefully they find the issue and our saves can be recovered but im not at all hopeful. This will end up like ARK an un optimized mess on consoles left to die.
  • Spooky626Spooky626 US Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228922Members
    this is still ongoing, and the devs are working on it. please be patient. this bug Is not intended to make people leave. I had this too, and its been going on for atleast 2 weeks. they are still not sure why this is happening, but they are working on a solution. thank you for understanding. if anyone has a corrupted/still not working data save, please contact UnknownWorld's developers. they can surely help you.
  • HarryBushHarryBush Jonesboro, AR Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228942Members
    Guess i'm stuck waiting on a patch as well 1 day 2 hrs in and save data loading failed. I noticed it took minutes for the game to save so i always did it twice. I don't want to start a new game so i hope this gets fixed soon and never happens again.