MAJOR ISSUE (Save Bug)

Comments

• ClasslessToastClasslessToast U.S. Join Date: 2017-02-25 Member: 228255Members
    Nope, I haven't died at all in that save
  • bingomanzerobingomanzero Join Date: 2016-12-07 Member: 224676Members
  • ahinkleahinkle Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228328Members
    Hey guys, so far every save game in which I have entered the Alien structure located on the mountain island and allowed the machine to "stab" my character, are the saves that wont load. All other saves that I have where I havent yet entered said structure load just fine. So I suspect the save bug occurs only after entering the structure and reaching its control center. Can anyone else confirm my theory?

I completely agree with this. My save was working just fine until I got to this point.
  • este_00este_00 Join Date: 2017-03-01 Member: 228436Members
    ahinkle wrote: »
    Hey guys, so far every save game in which I have entered the Alien structure located on the mountain island and allowed the machine to "stab" my character, are the saves that wont load. All other saves that I have where I havent yet entered said structure load just fine. So I suspect the save bug occurs only after entering the structure and reaching its control center. Can anyone else confirm my theory?
    I completely agree with this. My save was working just fine until I got to this point.

No. I did that, saved and loaded many times after.

It sure would be helpful if the Devs hopped on and at least said if they have got the error to happen on their side, and let people stop speculating on how to help.
  • NeomaveNeomave Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228277Members

Nope. Mine happened before I went to that island.
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    XB1S Freedom;
    Unless and until Survival mode stabilizes I'll use Freedom.
    I do wish to relate that my save game survived the Sunbeam incident for the first time since the twin update.
    I did not however reach the countol center in time to be to be tested.
    With a minute left I went topside to see the Gun operate. Truly Amazing.
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    este_00 wrote: »
    It sure would be helpful if the Devs hopped on and at least said if they have got the error to happen on their side, and let people stop speculating on how to help.
    We have still not been able to reproduce the issue.

I've made some speculative fixes and added additional information to the error message that will help gather more information. That build is scheduled to go into certification on Tuesday. I will keep working on trying to reproduce the problem until then, so any information is helpful!
    Max wrote: »
    We have still not been able to reproduce the issue.

I've made some speculative fixes and added additional information to the error message that will help gather more information. That build is scheduled to go into certification on Tuesday. I will keep working on trying to reproduce the problem until then, so any information is helpful!

That's really strange. As I've been able to get it under 8 hours, difference in play vs play test I guess!

Is it not viable to get someone's live creds and use their login to download their corrupted save from cloud? Does seem like a PITA. Good idea adding some flags to the fail message, hope you happen to include the relavent dump info.

How long from Cert to Push usually?
    edited March 2017
    XB1S F;
    For the twins It took a few days.
    This is a whole nother kettle of fish.
    He said it was an error trap.
    Opinion; I'll bet further analysis is required.

As we used to say, 'It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature'.
    I for one wish to thank the programmers er...Devs for all of their hard work.
  • nerradnerrad Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228356Members
    I've been playing successfully for about three days 10hours game time (according to the save file) with no corruption. I'm speculating it has something to do with where you save. The first time I had this happen to me I initiated saving the game while in a structure and when I went to load that save file I was unable. The second time I had this happen to me I saved while in the Seamoth and once again unable to play after loading. In this latest game save, I've making sure I'm outside of a structure when initiating the save and have not entered any structures until the save completed. So far I've been able to load this save file every time with no problems.
    nerrad wrote: »
    I've been playing successfully for about three days 10hours game time (according to the save file) with no corruption. I'm speculating it has something to do with where you save. The first time I had this happen to me I initiated saving the game while in a structure and when I went to load that save file I was unable. The second time I had this happen to me I saved while in the Seamoth and once again unable to play after loading. In this latest game save, I've making sure I'm outside of a structure when initiating the save and have not entered any structures until the save completed. So far I've been able to load this save file every time with no problems.

This should be easy for other users to verify, if their thumbnail shows saved outside of a structure or not. FWIW... Both of my corrupted saves are inside of structures but anecdotes are like opinions and those are like...
    Yep it works for me too. 16 hrs in freedom.
  • jwpkjwpk Kenner Louisiana Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228321Members
    You might be onto something. My games that failed to load are both inside something one is my base and the other inside the GUN structure.

My game that's currently still going (8 hrs ) successfully I'm trying different things and one of them is I only save while standing freely or just floating in the water, also once I hit save I don't move until it's complete.

Just food for thought. Since trying these things iv gotten well past the sunbeam explosion.

This should be easy for other users to verify, if their thumbnail shows saved outside of a structure or not. FWIW... Both of my corrupted saves are inside of structures but anecdotes are like opinions and those are like...

• NeomaveNeomave Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228277Members

Unfortunately I can debunk this, at least as far as being a sole condition. My failed save is outside of the Seamoth chilling at the top of the water. I did notice what some others have reported though where the "Saving" message lasted about twice as long as usually does. I have the Seamoth and Prawn and visited the Aurora. I was preparing to head to the precursor island when mine got corrupted.
  • CarrierAnomalyCarrierAnomaly United states Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 219957Members
    Noticed another bug in freedom mode, my seaglider and my knife dissapeared after building my cyclops. Noticed this after I loaded up the game that i saved.
  • jorufjoruf canada Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215479Members
    My old games cant be load, so i just started a new one 20 min ago.
    As my computer use to crash randomly i wanted to save, and i couldnt "loading save has failed" on a red box when i want to save... please help
    Definitely figured out a symptom - not quite a cause yet.

Got a 2hr game to lock up. Just messing around, here is the ANECDOTES from that save:

- No deaths
    - No building
    - Never made a habit builder
    - Never made Cyclops, Seaglide, Prawnsuit or the vehicle builder
    - Did not make a laser cutter or cut open doors
    - Did open one door at the Mush Forest wreck (approach from underside)
    - Scanned but never made, veh mod station, prop cannon, rifle,
    - Did make: Rad suit, knive, scanner, seaglide, bleach, fish, water, repair tool, flares - basics only
    - Built two lockers and filled them with Ti
    - Did replicate basic items, fish, batteries, copper wide
    - Did plant a single named beacon at the mush forest wreck "mf wrek"
    - Did repair lifepod and radio
    - Did receive pod17, pod4, pod6, only went to pod 17, from 17 to mushroom forest then home to save
    - Pod17's wreck did not load properly - items there, walls not
    - Saved only floating in the water
    - Never opened debug screen
    - Never used any flares

Now... The single most important thing... Saving all times previous to this took about 8 seconds, quit every time I saved and loaded. Saving the last time before failing it failed to load took ~100 seconds.

I took a pic of the screen before shutting it down to load test, nothing really important except maybe the number of log and scanner entries in the PDA. Can answer dev questions if have any.

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited March 2017
    Definitely figured out a symptom - not quite a cause yet.

Got a 2hr game to lock up. Just messing around, here is the ANECDOTES from that save:

- No deaths
    - No building
    - Never made a habit builder
    - Never made Cyclops, Seaglide, Prawnsuit or the vehicle builder
    - Did not make a laser cutter or cut open doors
    - Did open one door at the Mush Forest wreck (approach from underside)
    - Scanned but never made, veh mod station, prop cannon, rifle,
    - Did make: Rad suit, knive, scanner, seaglide, bleach, fish, water, repair tool, flares - basics only
    - Built two lockers and filled them with Ti
    - Did replicate basic items, fish, batteries, copper wide
    - Did plant a single named beacon at the mush forest wreck "mf wrek"
    - Did repair lifepod and radio
    - Did receive pod17, pod4, pod6, only went to pod 17, from 17 to mushroom forest then home to save
    - Pod17's wreck did not load properly - items there, walls not
    - Saved only floating in the water
    - Never opened debug screen
    - Never used any flares

Now... The single most important thing... Saving all times previous to this took about 8 seconds, quit every time I saved and loaded. Saving the last time before failing it failed to load took ~100 seconds.

I took a pic of the screen before shutting it down to load test, nothing really important except maybe the number of log and scanner entries in the PDA. Can answer dev questions if have any.

Not that it will conclusively prove anything, but the next time you have a really long save time, can you try saving one more time before quitting? Might be a temporary workaround for now, I dunno.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Not that it will conclusively prove anything, but the next time you have a really long save time, can you try saving one more time before quitting? Might be a temporary workaround for now, I dunno.

That's the plan. But I couldn't do that without first checking the results of an extra long save.

• morbidbattlecrymorbidbattlecry Join Date: 2016-10-14 Member: 223126Members
    Well guys i'm out. This last save went 17 hours before error. Lots of progress loss and i'm not in the mood to start over again. I guess i'll come back in a few months again hoping it works. I'm kinda upset i spent money on a game that at least doesn't have a functioning core working properly.

For the Devs- Made it 17 hours before Load error. I had been to the Gun, and the floating island. Also started a base. As i progressed in the game i would notice that the game would freeze for a few moments and go back to running just fine. My final save was at the floating island. It saved for a long time. It seemed like more than a minute. Twice or 3 times as long as any other save. After that i saved again and that save was maybe 3 seconds.
    Try Freedom mode, I have about 1.5 days. The only wreck not loading is LP17.
    No Drill or Grapple arm yet.
    I checked out the destroyed Lab in the LR and I'm currently building a base about 100M away in the main cave.
    Hmmm, maybe I should try the wreck at LP13 again.
  • gusmangusman Join Date: 2017-02-28 Member: 228423Members
    I have made 3 games since the XBOX1 update and all three have stop loading, I found that all the games made stopped loading after 10 hours of game play.
    I love the game even though its not finished yet. the bugs I can live with but the saving issue is really killing me. I love to build bases and after I collect all the blueprints and start to build a nice base it stops loading. I wish you Devs will be able to fix this issue soon. I hope my input will help some what even if it is lacking in more detail.
  • quinnmellequinnmelle Canada Join Date: 2017-03-06 Member: 228658Members
    So after my first save failed load I decided to come to the forums to check things out. Noticed it has started the same day. Lots of people were posting things to try so I started a few new games and tried multiple things.

The most recent save I've lost was on freedom just after 10hours. I was gathering blueprints. Had made a seaglide, knife, extra oxygen tank, scanner, radiation suit, flippers, flashlight and habitat builder. Started a base that was two supports and one multipurpose room. Had been to the floating island. Did not touch the communications relay (thought maybe it had something to do with degassi so avoided it.) and avoided going to the gun island just in case it would have been that also. Scanned quite a few things. Desk, chair, multipurpose room, observatory, seaglide, outdoor grow bed, indoor grow bed, potted plant, lots of fauna and fish, bulkhead door, seamoth, desk, chair. Did not go to any of the life pods and only collected the PDAs from the floating island.

Last thing I was doing before the save error was I was in my base dropping my stuff off into my lockers. My base was located in the shallows near my life pod.

Hope this helps!!
    XB1S F;
    OK, questions,
    1. Are you saving INSIDE a habit or vehicle?
    2. Have you set your XB for a 'Cold' start (econo start)?
  • dvest8ing_ronindvest8ing_ronin canada Join Date: 2017-03-07 Member: 228703Members
    edited March 2017
    I have noticed a trend with my files and all of them have crashed at 5hrs 20 minutes my first 7 were getting the lifepod restored get the seamoth search for other life pods had a base rad suit and just got diamond i check my saves every 45 minutes every time the 5 hr mark came savin became glitched... i thought at first maybe if i didnt restore the life pod.. this was my 8th save all of these are in freedom but my last save was different i did everything but restore the lifepod and search the other lifepods i instead went to arura and searched for all the prawn parts my seamoth found the start to the cyclops and proceeded for the depths underground found more cyclops parts doing same cycle of 45 minutes saving and exiting all was good got to 5hrs and 45 minutes did my normal save and noticed it was taking longer than normal then saved a second time decided to do my 45 min check went in and yep crashed........ it has to be a file in the game i presumed it was the com in lifepod but its not i did notice playin at certain point the game starts to glitch with some creatures and the sky they get a black flicking box think its normal an i noticed 2 wreaks of the ship dont spawn in either thought that could be part of it as well n these 2 wreaks have done this constantly.....omg new save coming might just found something i didnt think of this theres a life pod by a big peice of arura that you can get to before making rad suit in all my saves that one never shows up but everything is there n i get a peice of the prawn suit that says found 1/20 i thought it was a arm peice but the fact that this happens in all my saves could this be it?????? if any devs are on and looking ask away im starting another save i have to know

• dvest8ing_ronindvest8ing_ronin canada Join Date: 2017-03-07 Member: 228703Members
    life pod 17 wreak beside it game save crashed after scaning chair bench and prawn peice 1/20 15 min
  • JustAwesome360JustAwesome360 Join Date: 2017-03-06 Member: 228670Members
    I have that issue aswell. It happens when theres an error with saving (at least thats my theory). I've noticed each time its happened it happened when i exited because the word saving wouldnt go away. I've found no way to load the game. BUT, you could start a new game, and use console commands to get back to where you left off. I know it seems like cheating but not if you're just getting back to where you were. To open it press LB RB and A at the same time, then go look up what the commands are (I found them on wiki).
    XB1S F; The 1/20th thing has been happening in my saves since I started SN in late Nov,
    The fragments may look like arms but the code 'thinks' they are PRAWN hull fragments.

Unfortunately I can't do the 'failed save work/around' because I don't have an XBLIVE save,
    nor can I create one. My XBLIVE research on cloud saves indicates that the local save is
    synced when SN is terminated. I have reinstalled SN 4 times but the code never creates a
    cloud save. I know, I'll restore my XB1S to factory defauls. I'll see you guys in about 4/5 hours.
    Toodles!
  • iGodlyiGodly NJ Join Date: 2017-03-08 Member: 228721Members
    Hopefully this bug is close to being nailed down, but just in case ill note some stuff from my last survival test.
    1. Survival mode-7hr 33min timestamp with correct thumbnail.
    2. Saved in open water whilst completely motionless ((SAVING...lasted about 90 sec) tried another save over the delayed save to no avail)
    3. Repaired but never initiated Comm Panel. So I never visted gun array or witnessed sunbeam sequence.
    4. Started base next to Northern Shallow Volcanic Vent (Approximately 20 foundations 8 rooms 2 Bioreactors 5 Cabinets 1 Fabricator 1 Battery Charger 2 Medkit Fabs 5 ladders 3 Filtration Units 12 Stellar(Solar) Panels.
    5. Tools created included Repair tool, HabFab, Light, Scanner, Prop Gun, Knife, Glider, RAD Suit, Flippers Mobile Vehicle Bay, Seamoth, O2 Tanks.
    6. Activities Included: Mining, Fishing, Scanning World, BP hunting. (Never went inside Aurora, or onto dry land of any kind)
    7. Never Died
    8. Saved and exited once about 2 hours in and was able to reload successfully (SAVING...lasting about 8 secs)

Maybe its just me but does anyone notice a huge Framerate drop a few hours into their games that doesnt correspond with the rendering environment? Last couple survival games ive played i noticed a drop in framerate that had more of a chronological significance due to the fact i felt like i was at a similar point in my progress the last time it occured. Anyway ill keep my eyes open if i decide to test again.

If this helps at all im glad, if not, oh well at least you got one more comment to read