MAJOR ISSUE (Save Bug)

Comments

• BottomlessDonkeyBottomlessDonkey Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225304Members
    Hey guys, so far every save game in which I have entered the Alien structure located on the mountain island and allowed the machine to "stab" my character, are the saves that wont load. All other saves that I have where I havent yet entered said structure load just fine. So I suspect the save bug occurs only after entering the structure and reaching its control center. Can anyone else confirm my theory?
  • ClasslessToastClasslessToast U.S. Join Date: 2017-02-25 Member: 228255Members
    It's a good theory, however I started a fresh world yesterday and after I got to a certain point in the beginning, roughly 15 minutes or so, it would not load. I did not enter any structure, including the Aurora, and I had constructed a small base, a seaglider, and a mobile vehicle bay. It may, though, have something to do with the structures though.
    Then again it may be different for everyone because I made yet another save today and that one can be loaded, so I'm not sure what the problem could be at this point
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    I just want to point out to people with the bad attitudes here, this is a game preview. So by buying this you are not necessarily entitled to the perfect gaming experience. Every time there is an update, it may not be compatible with every save, even if there is a utility for that.
  • ThatIsaacGuyThatIsaacGuy Illinois Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228314Members
    The problem isn't that it isn't compatible with some saves. The problem is that even new saves created won't load. I don't expect the game to be bug free, but not being able to play the game is a pretty large bug. (Technically I can play I just have to create a new save after every time I exit one.)
    CAPSHAW wrote: »
    I just want to point out to people with the bad attitudes here, this is a game preview. So by buying this you are not necessarily entitled to the perfect gaming experience. Every time there is an update, it may not be compatible with every save, even if there is a utility for that.
    CAPSHAW wrote: »
    I do agree that we don't need to expect perfection, I even enjoy the bugs because it means there is progress being made, but as ThatIsaacGuy stated this is a huge problem onto itself, bug or not.

• ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    edited February 2017
    XBX1S Survival; What console are you using? When I power my XBX1S, I get a save sync error.
    I cancel the sync and click the offline button. I then get the main menu.
    As for the Gun Facility, I haven't repaired the lifepod nor the relay.
    I have been to the Floating Island Transport Arch, and the Mountain Island Gun Array.
    In both locations the Purple Key can't be moved to the 5 tool slots to open the force field YET

Resynch problem is a minor issue for me.
    Thanks for your input obraxis.
  • alienla19alienla19 Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228341Members
    saved game not loading

Comment of the Year Award 2017
    alienla19 wrote: »
    saved game not loading

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We're looking into this issue, but we need some help.
    1. Is this happening to old saved games, and new saved games?
    2. Is it all games modes, or just say 'Freedom' saved games?
    3. Is it something specific that you build or make in the game, which makes the game stop loading?
    If any of you can help with those questions above it would really help us reproduce the problem.

edited February 2017
    Currently I myself can only answer one and two.
    1. This most certainly occurs on old and new saves. However, as I explained earlier in the thread, my save I created yesterday is the only one that works which is highly confusing since the one I made the day before that under the update doesn't work.
    2. I only play in the standard survival mode and all save files excluding the newest one do not load.
    I attempted to find the item or object that causes the problem however I have come up with nothing to explain the issue. I really hope this helps solve the problem!
    I checked again to be sure, and sure enough the newest game still works. This issue seems to be either very picky in when it wants to mess things up or is just screwing with me XD
  • jwpkjwpk Kenner Louisiana Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228321Members

For me it was survival just under 4 hours and had just fixed radiation on Aurora and starting building a base. Only vehicle was sea moth. But the 40 minute timer for the sunbeam had started and about half way through at mabe 20 minutes I saved and left. At that point it wouldn't load again.

My old save from January 3rd still loads and plays.

Any other questions. I'd be glad to help. If it happens again I'll post it here again.

Obraxis wrote: »
    3. Is it something specific that you build or make in the game, which makes the game stop loading?
    If any of you can help with those questions above it would really help us reproduce the problem.

There is also this I posted yesterday mabe it means something to you Obraxis.

(No my original save that I started in early January still opens and plays. The file I started Friday after the new update will not load. I was just under 4 hours into the new game.

Another small thing I noticed related to this I don't know if this is important but mabe to one of the developers it is, so the file that won't open let's call it file A I have deleted it at progress time 3 hours and 44 minutes. Now let's take file B witch I just started 10 minutes ago, after playing this file through just the intro in the life pod then I save and quit to the main menu and look at that save (B) it doesn't show 10 minutes of progress. It's continuing the game progress time from file A witch is now deleted and the 10 minute game is now showing nearly 4 hours of progress.

I just wanted to point this out bc there is obviously an issue with the save files now.)

It could perhaps be caused by where you save. For instance, in a couple of my save files I saved while under water. Not in any vehicle or structure. That may have nothing to do with it. Also I started a new freedom mode yesterday and it appears to be working fine. Might be that it is only effecting survival. Can anyone else confirm or deny this?
  • tornadofurytornadofury Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228363Members
    Played 8 hours straight and it happened to me. i hope don't lose the save. I think i was moving around while the game was saving but I'm not sure ussualy i sit still when i save the game until its done but this has happened to me on a new game i started yesterday.
    1.This has happened on old and new saves for me.

2.It has happened to me twice on survival. I was screwing around in a creative world and it didn't don't happen.

3. It may just be a coincidence, but it didn't happen until after the sunbeam in both saves. In one I had 8 hours in and 5 in the other.
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    XB1S S; This issue of an incorrect time stamp on a save has been around since I puchased SN in Nov.
    When I want start a new save I turn off XBX then restart SN.
    The new save shows the time correctly.
  • NeintalesNeintales Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228283Members
    edited February 2017
    If I could ask anyone possible I'd appreciate some help testing an opinion.iv done 8 saves, with various means of how i do things. All outcomes have concluded to directly after the sunbeam cut scene on various game modes. Even if everyone does it once it will help test it. If you do please remember to saves and exit often or after milestones in the progress. I spent more time exiting and reloading the game than actually playing but just wanting the issue resolved... so let's as a community try to help crush this bug! (:

edit: I know it's easy to lose time on these types of games which make it hard to pinpoint an issue hence why I'm asking. Thanks to all in advance
    So this is the inside of the Lost River Alien Base. Something tells me that it isnt supposed to look like this. Anybody else seeing this in their game?288cqfcno7fr.jpg
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    So this is the inside of the Lost River Alien Base. Something tells me that it isnt supposed to look like this. Anybody else seeing this in their game?288cqfcno7fr.jpg

That is normal, we've not finished that yet.

Only PC users on the experimental branch have that currently.
    Oh ok. Thanks for the info.
  • CarrierAnomalyCarrierAnomaly United states Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 219957Members
    It seems to be primarily survival saved games that are started after the latest update, because I started up a freedom playthrough and when I did try to load this save up it immediately started.

• EndlessHallsEndlessHalls California Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217599Members
    OMG. I'm afraid I'm going to jinx myself, but I have not had this problem at all and I've saved several times. Maybe more than a dozen. We are talking Xbox One version, right? If not, I'm an idiot and please disregard. If so, I'm not sure I've loaded since I got stuck by the needle. Also, I use a 3TB external drive and not an Xbox one. Maybe some of the "on board" storage system saves get corrupted somehow. I don't know. I don't work on them, I just play on them.
    Fun fact that I just learned while waiting for the Sunbeam, if you jump onto or a bird flies under you it will actually carry you around XD It scared the actual hell out of me because I thought it was one of the Warpers XP
  • dhkasedhkase Join Date: 2017-02-28 Member: 228396Members

I had this occur to me. New save file, survival mode, playing for 8 hours. The location of the save was on the Floating Island near the Degasi base. I had not built any base structures, the only vehicle constructed was the Sea Moth. The Sunbeam event was not triggered, but I had entered the QEP and been declared infected by the main control hub.

My second game has yet to lock me out, and is 10 hours in. Also survival mode, I have triggered the Sunbeam event to it's completion. I have not entered the QEP, I've been to the Floating Island and have constructed a base (multipurpose rooms and foundations, bio reactor, lockers and growbeds built), and a Sea Moth. Currently saving in Grassy Plateu.
    So I'm having a bit of luck with a theory with 3 things. When I save Its never in a vehicle or base always just in the water. I don't do multiple saves before quiting out meaning that if I save its to leave the game I'm not saving them continuing to play. Also I'm not hoarding materials only getting what I need and when I need it. So far it worked I'll update on how it goes.

Thanks obraxis for looking into the forums you guys really made something great. subnautica is an excellent game.
  • pressman350pressman350 U.S.A. Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219620Members
    Hi all. For bug tracking help. I started a new normal survival after the update and played about 8 hrs. I got all my tools and a seamoth and also visited the Aurora fixing the rad leak while there. I had saved and loaded that game 3 or 4 times, each time the save prompt would stay on screen and quitting to menu wouldn't always work so i would dashboard quit, the save would load up though. It wasn't until i visited the mountains and the alien base that my save corrupted. Beforehand i had went into alien base and down the elevator to the next door that required a purple artifact but DID NOT OPEN the secnd door. Also i went through the portal to the other island and back, scanning the multipurpose room and such along the way. After that, the file wouldn't load. Also i had the coffee machine and had used it throughout saving and loading if that means anything.
  • ItsSumSumItsSumSum Georgia Join Date: 2017-02-28 Member: 228405Members
    For bug tracking.
    Opened up my first survival save file with over 72 hours worth of gameplay on it, played for roughly 5 or 6 hours. Finally got to the Sunbeam explosion scene, saved and went to bed. The next morning i opened up my save file and was met with thay alarming message that my save could not be loaded.

Started a new game in survival and played for nearly 6 hours, i was able to get all my tools and made a little base just east of my lifepod. I went to the Floating island to grab some lanturn fruit and found a purple artifact (this is the only alien interaction that was done in this game), went back to my base and farmed a bunch of stuff. Saved. Quit. Opened it a few hours later and yet again my file cannot be loaded.

The game is amazing, developers are doing great, hope this gets fixed. I miss playing and its only been one day.
  • YolDovahYolDovah Boreville Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227924Members

1 As far as my old save before the 2 updates came out i cant say if it failed or not as i never tried loading it.

2 I started a new game in creative to check out the new building implementations about terrain not been removed which i kinda miss but im sure i'll get used to the changes. An that failed to load after i tried loading it about a day later so i wiped my saves and since then it's been fine it's taking longer to save but so far the current save i have on creative is loading.

3 As for bases i just build generic bases and a few experimental but i dont think its failing due to structures at least player created but the precursor buildings especially the gun took quite awhile to fully load an my game got considerably laggy.