The Epic Trello Thread

Comments

• phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members

Oh devs, don't tease us in this way
  • kJGkJG Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218794Members

Eh, Im not really a fan of an arctic biome. It doesnt fit into the otherwise tropical seascape, IMO. But well, If you like it hat much, have it. Ill just not go there too often
  • kJGkJG Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218794Members
    Oh, I shouldve read the document first :p Seems like its supposed to be either a whole different gamemode, or or only accessable through the portals, so my concerns are now null. Sounds great! I hope there will be more expansion packs, DLCs (proper ones) or maybe even free updates in the future, that expand the classical game and its flora/fauna even more. The game would really deserve it, the only survival game Ive ever liked so far
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    kJG wrote: »
    Oh, I shouldve read the document first :p Seems like its supposed to be either a whole different gamemode, or or only accessable through the portals, so my concerns are now null. Sounds great! I hope there will be more expansion packs, DLCs (proper ones) or maybe even free updates in the future, that expand the classical game and its flora/fauna even more. The game would really deserve it, the only survival game Ive ever liked so far

Have you tried Osiris: New Dawn? I've barely started it. Here's someone else playing it while they wait for Subnautica updates:

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members

Not to take away your comfort, but the document is old. From mid-2015. While it is evidently still on as inspiration, nothing in it counts as current plans (for instance, that icepick doesn't make that much sense anymore considering there are also plans for a jetpack).
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    edited January 2017
    DrownedOut wrote: »

Not to take away your comfort, but the document is old. From mid-2015. While it is evidently still on as inspiration, nothing in it counts as current plans (for instance, that icepick doesn't make that much sense anymore considering there are also plans for a jetpack).

I think that document might also be fanmade.
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    Morph_Guy wrote: »
    I think that document might also be fanmade.

It might be fanmade, but the main dev, Charlie Cleveland, posted it at the bottom of the Post v1.0 in the Subnautica Roadmap. It is far more likely to get Base Teleporters and Transfusers post 1.0 than it is to get the Artic Biome.
  • WSBurnsWSBurns KingdomOFMadness Join Date: 2016-07-25 Member: 220631Members
    I too have tried Osiris new dawn and found myself both surprised and disappointed, first took me many days to gather the necessary resources to build a spaceship, and as soon as i built it i went to Aziel,i was able to fly over it and i told to myself, hey here is a nice place to build a base far away from all the folks who will level my base to the ground.

So i went back to the desert planet to get all the necessary items to build my off world settlement when the "press spacebar to enter planet" pops in, so i did, and the ship started descending and just outta nowhere it hits a huge asteroid, but instead of blowing up it gets stuck and i had to log off, only to discover i was back in the desert planet, far away from my main base.
    Got the map thing out and searched for the ship, and there she was, 2400 meters..up there..., all i had left was a stupid map screen with an arrow pointing up.

The game looks great and i like the concept but its still very unpolished, multiplayer is very unbalanced and the lack of a team/colony private chat system kinda kills it, if you make the mistake of revealing your base location on open chat (the only available), and log out for a few hours you will return to see it completely ruined, it happen to me and other folks several times, its really disappointing, i see many people will simply give up because of this i certainly did, and im not planning on going back. I like the fact subnautica didn't followed the multilayer road, if ever comes to it it should be well made and not a mess like in Osiris new dawn.

WSBurns wrote: »
    I too have tried Osiris new dawn and found myself both surprised and disappointed, first took me many days to gather the necessary resources to build a spaceship, and as soon as i built it i went to Aziel,i was able to fly over it and i told to myself, hey here is a nice place to build a base far away from all the folks who will level my base to the ground.

So i went back to the desert planet to get all the necessary items to build my off world settlement when the "press spacebar to enter planet" pops in, so i did, and the ship started descending and just outta nowhere it hits a huge asteroid, but instead of blowing up it gets stuck and i had to log off, only to discover i was back in the desert planet, far away from my main base.
    Got the map thing out and searched for the ship, and there she was, 2400 meters..up there..., all i had left was a stupid map screen with an arrow pointing up.

The game looks great and i like the concept but its still very unpolished, multiplayer is very unbalanced and the lack of a team/colony private chat system kinda kills it, if you make the mistake of revealing your base location on open chat (the only available), and log out for a few hours you will return to see it completely ruined, it happen to me and other folks several times, its really disappointing, i see many people will simply give up because of this i certainly did, and im not planning on going back. I like the fact subnautica didn't followed the multilayer road, if ever comes to it it should be well made and not a mess like in Osiris new dawn.

The problem with Osiris is that it is in the same state that Subnautica was at in 2015. There will be constant changes to the game between now and when it is finally released.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    Precursor Interior Damage Props!

Precursor_Interior_Damage_Props.jpg
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited January 2017
    So, I found this on the Trello Roadmap, and I thought it was pretty interesting.

https://trello.com/c/nqqqDUA2/183-quality-of-life-update-save-game-slots-10-things-from-the-community

10 things from the community, eh?
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Skope wrote: »
    So, I found this on the Trello Roadmap, and I thought it was pretty interesting.

https://trello.com/c/nqqqDUA2/183-quality-of-life-update-save-game-slots-10-things-from-the-community

1. Rock puncher
    2. Worm biome
    3. Election stuff? (Obraixis did vote so there's a small chance)
    4. More crash powder
    5. Hand held sonar

Couldn't think of anything else.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members

1. Rock puncher
    2. Worm biome
    3. Election stuff? (Obraixis did vote so there's a small chance)
    4. More crash powder
    5. Hand held sonar

Couldn't think of anything else.

You're forgetting the AWESOME giant submarine of @Minder
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members

1. Cyclops docking bay
    2. Sarky Humour from the AI
    3. Transfuser
    4. Smoking sponges
    5. More air pipe functionnalities
    6. Rock Puncher
    7. Sylvain's weather
    8. Lylipad Islands
    9. Glowing beaches for the islands
    10. Lens flares

I had to cut down on my choices cause I had 16 at first. But these are a need for me.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    edited January 2017

1. Cyclops docking bay
    3. Transfuser
    4. Smoking sponges
    5. More air pipe functionnalities election stuff
    6. Rock Puncher
    7. Sylvain's weather
    8. Lylipad Islands
    10. Lens flares

I had to cut down on my choices cause I had 16 at first. But these are a need for me.

Absolutely yes to all of these!
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members

1. Cyclops docking bay
    3. Transfuser
    4. Smoking sponges
    6. Rock Puncher
    7. Sylvain's weather
    8. Lylipad Islands
    10. Lens flares

Maybe post the 16 in order of preference, just in case some of the 10 have to be held off until post - v1.0?
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    edited January 2017
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

1. Cyclops docking bay
    3. Transfuser
    4. Smoking sponges
    6. Rock Puncher
    7. Sylvain's weather
    8. Lylipad Islands
    10. Lens flares

Maybe post the 16 in order of preference, just in case some of the 10 have to be held off until post - v1.0?

K, why not. The original list wasn't in order of preference, so here's the updated & upgraded version.
    1. Sarky humour for the AI
    2. Cyclops docking bay
    3. Better ratio balancing of silver & gold
    4. Rock Puncher
    5. Transfuser
    6. More scannable & harvestable plants/corals
    7. Sylvain's weather
    8. Glowing beaches for the islands
    9. Phantom Leviathan
    10. Lens flares
    11. Smoking sponges
    12. Lylipad Islands
    13. More air pipe functionnalities
    14. Twisty Bridges
    15. Sea dishes
    16. That giant bird thingy from the trailer

I also thought about port to PS4, but that can only happen after v.1.0 'cause PS4 can't have game previews. But what could be the name of that bird thingy?
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    Completely off topic, but...

I've been watching Jacksepticeye and Markiplier playing through Subnautica--and they're making me cringe because NOT ONCE have they thought to build the Modification Station! Not the one for the Moon Pool; I'm talking about the in-base station that allows you to, you know... UPGRADE ALL YOUR GEAR!!! UGH!!!

I also watched IGP playing... when he found the island he ATE ALL THE LANTERN TREE FRUIT instead of taking samples to PLANT! Dumb... asses! *facepalm*
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    When developers talk about "Quality of Life" updates, they're usually not referring to new game features (such as Darwin's list) but instead those little annoyances that pop up when you play the game. Such as having only one save slot per game.

If we had multiple save slots per game, you could save your progress, try something dangerous, save in a second slot, continue on, etc, and have the ability to roll back to any one of multiple places if things go horribly wrong.

Or maybe something smaller like the unnecessary highlighting of "new" titanium and quartz in your inventory, which aren't really "new", just the latest bits you've picked up. The highlighting is just extra visual clutter.

Actually, "new" highlighting isn't needed in the Blueprints or Log tabs either since the latest items are always first in the list. The only place it's useful is the database tab.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Klinn wrote: »
    When developers talk about "Quality of Life" updates, they're usually not referring to new game features (such as Darwin's list) but instead those little annoyances that pop up when you play the game. Such as having only one save slot per game.

If we had multiple save slots per game, you could save your progress, try something dangerous, save in a second slot, continue on, etc, and have the ability to roll back to any one of multiple places if things go horribly wrong.

Or maybe something smaller like the unnecessary highlighting of "new" titanium and quartz in your inventory, which aren't really "new", just the latest bits you've picked up. The highlighting is just extra visual clutter.

Actually, "new" highlighting isn't needed in the Blueprints or Log tabs either since the latest items are always first in the list. The only place it's useful is the database tab.

batej8eso9zq.gif
    200.gif 482.4K
  • True_BoredomTrue_Boredom Join Date: 2016-08-16 Member: 221418Members
    edited January 2017
    Coranth wrote: »

I've been watching Jacksepticeye and Markiplier playing through Subnautica--and they're making me cringe because NOT ONCE have they thought to build the Modification Station! Not the one for the Moon Pool; I'm talking about the in-base station that allows you to, you know... UPGRADE ALL YOUR GEAR!!! UGH!!!

I also watched IGP playing... when he found the island he ATE ALL THE LANTERN TREE FRUIT instead of taking samples to PLANT! Dumb... asses! *facepalm*

Do the Lantern fruits grow back on the wild trees, or are they gone forever?
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited January 2017

Well, there's still the single Lantern Tree in the Observatory, so he still has that to fall back on should his supplies be eliminated elsewhere.

I've wondered that myself, but to be honest I don't rely on grown food enough to test it out completely. There's the obvious way to cheat Lantern Fruit into your inventory with console commands, so you'll never be completely out of it. But if you want a somewhat more honest way to replenish planted food without directly cheating, you could delete the CellsCache and CompiledOctreesCache folders in your save file.

This forces the game to repopulate their files when you visit biomes again, which in turn reloads various entities in the game world again. I've had to do that in the past when my game file became too bogged down to play and would crash; which would restore stability but as a side effect it would cause all wrecks to 'reset' (welded doors are locked again, all props are scannable again) and which also resets the Precursor base as 'unexplored' again... so I would assume that all land-planted food is available to pick up again.
  • WheeljackWheeljack Chilling in the Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214338Members

Pretty sure they do. I've cleared a tree and later found it full of fruit.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    I believe that everything that you can pick off a plant (potatoes, creepvine seed clusters, lantern fruit, and blood oil) comes back eventually. Anything you need your knife for doesn't.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members

When you take all the creepvine seeds from a creepvine they're gone forever from that plant, it'll never regrow. However, if you plant a creepvine seed into an exterior planter this new plant will regrow any seed you take .... Ive got a feeling that the same applies to the lantern fruit trees you find in the ''wild''. Its just a theory tho
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited January 2017
    "Planted" items do regrow their offerings, it just takes a long time.

Also, if you leave one Creepvine Pod on a "planted" vine, it seems to grow new ones quicker.
    B)
    Just announced that Coffee Machines will be a Scannable instead of a Pickupable/Placeable. So you can have Coffee in any base and the Cyclops.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited February 2017
    starkaos wrote: »
    Just announced that Coffee Machines will be a Scannable instead of a Pickupable/Placeable. So you can have Coffee in any base and the Cyclops.

Awesome! I still see it and the snack machine as more decorative than useful, because of the very minor benefits they provide (That and they're both probably still susceptible to 'overeating' and so you can't just cram a ton down at once), but they are a cute little addition to the game ^^

I'd like to see more decorations. I remember way back before the Bones update dropped for the PC, I was on my Xbox One playing on Creative and saw a lot of things in the Blueprints Page that definitely were not in the game. One was computer monitors (the ones you see in wrecks that say 'No signal'), Storage Crates, and other miscalaneous doodads. I'd love to see more interactive ones especially. Jack's toy for example. ^^