The Epic Trello Thread

Comments

• RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    My own little Lava Lizard <3

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I'd like all the lab equipment that is currently placeable to become scannable. I mean, it takes a ton of inventory space, it makes no sense that it's not something you could scan and build later with glass, quartz, or titanium... right?
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    I'd like all the lab equipment that is currently placeable to become scannable. I mean, it takes a ton of inventory space, it makes no sense that it's not something you could scan and build later with glass, quartz, or titanium... right?

Plus in their current state they're in limited quantity. So if you lose them then they're gone for good, and if you had multiple bases you'd need to pick and choose which ones get the nifty decorations.

Speaking of losing items... Sometimes I wish that items that you lost when you die just drop onto the ground, so you can retrieve them later. Not applicable if you were eaten by a Reaper or Sea Dragon obviously, but if you just drowned or starved, it'd be nice if they simply fell to the seafloor to be picked up again.
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    Crabsnake egg was just added.
    Creatures_eggs_14_in_game.jpg

Also, make quickslots bindable with drag and dropped is being worked on.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Rezca wrote: »
    My own little Lava Lizard <3

My own little CRABSQUID. As long as it doesn't EMP my base he'll be with me forever.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Coranth wrote: »

As a story fanatic this makes me incredibly happy :smiley:

Firstly the idea of a full and SCANNABLE Sea Dragon skeleton excites me to no end. It talks about having this be the creature that destroyed the base, which I think it should be (and scans could talk a bout how this creature's claws match damage sustained on the nearby base). I think it could help non-story veterans understand this section of the story a little bit better.
    It says "It would be great to get some scannable text for that skeleton". I know they probably won't use this but I thought it wouldn't hurt anybody to put my idea out there:

"This creature is of Leviathan class. It is enormous even for its species, however, and this skeleton indicates predatory characteristics. Its claws are sharp and its arms appear eerily humanoid. Its teeth are deadly and scans indicate that its jaw had the combined power of twenty great white sharks. The claws match damage sustained to the nearby alien facility, therefore it is safe to presume this creature is what caused the base to shut down.

Its skeleton appears to have evolved to withstand dangerously high temperatures, and there is no knowing if more of these behemoths are deeper in the ocean, closer to the mantle. Extreme caution when diving deeper is advised."

Having the Incomplete Warper being scannable makes me think that this is where you learn they were a Precursor creation. This gets me excited; I have a feeling this is not just a secondary research facility, but where Warpers were mass produced.

I saw the new area in the Lost River earlier today, and what there is of the cache, and the skeleton and all of the Precursor lights and cables. I have to say it's looking pretty damn awesome. There's talk of the skeleton there becoming scannable, and I was thinking here you learn a bit more about the extinction event, and how so many other species existed before this catastrophe, and this one was being tested to find out whether it was immune or not.

This little thing has just gotten me so excited :)

I'm also wondering: will the Emperor be completed this month?
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited February 2017
    Jamezorg wrote: »

If the Trello rings true, it shouldn't be done until March.

EDIT: Yeah, the Trello Roadmap has February's update as "Prison without Aquarium." If I am interpreting this correctly, it means no Emperor.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    As I was going through the Trello Roadmap, I saw something very eye-catching that just got added.

https://trello.com/c/KZfxszHN/259-ghost-leviathan
    edited February 2017
    Skope wrote: »
    As I was going through the Trello Roadmap, I saw something very eye-catching that just got added.

https://trello.com/c/KZfxszHN/259-ghost-leviathan

So it's no longer just a concept, but something that's likely to be a thing... Nice.

Here's some other things that caught my eye:

https://trello.com/c/C1Rp0cPi/215-make-sea-dragons-more-interesting - More SeaDrag love is always nice. I still think it should try and swallow your seamoth/exosuit if its able to get it into its mouth. Possibly only after its reached a certain damage threshold as to not be an unfair instakill for it. Seamoth's not an ILZ compatable sub and yet its got an attack just for it? Unless they stick one in the Dunes or Crash Zone (Unlikely given they're axing the entrances there.... >_> ) or such, then I don't see the point of a seamoth-exclusive attack.

https://trello.com/c/ItRcAU50/252-mapping-feature-ala-journey-map-for-minecraft - Much requested feature, may finally be a thing. Woot!

https://trello.com/c/SsKcSQhO/222-rework-some-of-crash-zone-area-near-edge-of-aurora - Curious as to what they plan on reworking, or what's there to rework. Currently, there's nothing much of note behind the Aurora, the back of it is pretty barren, and the front of it only houses an abyss with nothing but a soon to be cut ILZ opening. So... What are they planning on doing? Making the surrounding area look prettier? Removing some of the Reapers? Keeping the abyssal-level ILZ entrance? Explorable wreck?
    edited February 2017
    https://trello.com/c/C1Rp0cPi/215-make-sea-dragons-more-interesting - More SeaDrag love is always nice. I still think it should try and swallow your seamoth/exosuit if its able to get it into its mouth. Possibly only after its reached a certain damage threshold as to not be an unfair instakill for it. Seamoth's not an ILZ compatable sub and yet its got an attack just for it? Unless they stick one in the Dunes or Crash Zone (Unlikely given they're axing the entrances there.... >_> ) or such, then I don't see the point of a seamoth-exclusive attack.

Precursor depth upgrade
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    edited February 2017
    Seamoth's not an ILZ compatable sub and yet its got an attack just for it? Unless they stick one in the Dunes or Crash Zone (Unlikely given they're axing the entrances there.... >_> ) or such, then I don't see the point of a seamoth-exclusive attack.

The SDL's Seamoth grab attack was removed a while ago, and I think the SDL does grab the PRAWN now.

Morph_Guy wrote: »
    Seamoth's not an ILZ compatable sub and yet its got an attack just for it? Unless they stick one in the Dunes or Crash Zone (Unlikely given they're axing the entrances there.... >_> ) or such, then I don't see the point of a seamoth-exclusive attack.

That was removed a while ago, and I think the SDL does grab the PRAWN now.

I realize, and I'm still fuming over that poor decision. Never should have cut it in the first place, but it can always be carved back out again in the future (Grasping at straws there, I know.)
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    I love how they do care about this game; there's ideas for Post 1.0 content on the Trello which is really great.
    https://trello.com/c/REa49ojq/6141-dunes-thermal-vents

Are these them? I'm not sure whether they were added previously or not.
    djgxeq4fm9o3.png
    deekkq4vx5jy.png

• kJGkJG Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218794Members

djgxeq4fm9o3.png
    deekkq4vx5jy.png

Theyve been in the game for at least a 3/4 year now
    kJG wrote: »

djgxeq4fm9o3.png
    deekkq4vx5jy.png

Okay, cool. I don't visit the Dunes often, so I haven't a clue what's there besides the meteor.
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    I think those thermal vents are new, or got updated recently.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    https://trello.com/c/udrs7pku/6192-raw-materials New raw material models.
    raw_materials_p1_in_game.jpg
    The ores are: Sulphur, Silver ore, and Aluminium oxide.
    Nice. They even got the crystal structures right. I applaud them to that.
    edited February 2017

djgxeq4fm9o3.png
    deekkq4vx5jy.png

Okay, cool. I don't visit the Dunes often, so I haven't a clue what's there besides the meteor.

djgxeq4fm9o3.png
    deekkq4vx5jy.png

Those are definitely new, at least in Stable, since I've been to that pit within the last few weeks and it did not have those in the center of it. I even sent a Feedback Report suggesting something be put there xD Great to see something finally show up in it, though that still doesn't really make the Dunes all that worth visiting to me. Gives it a little more variety though, which is nice. It'd been even cooler if the ILZ Corridor was still winding underneath that though :/

djgxeq4fm9o3.png
    deekkq4vx5jy.png

djgxeq4fm9o3.png
    deekkq4vx5jy.png

Those are definitely new, at least in Stable, since I've been to that pit within the last few weeks and it did not have those in the center of it. I even sent a Feedback Report suggesting something be put there xD Great to see something finally show up in it, though that still doesn't really make the Dunes all that worth visiting to me. Gives it a little more variety though, which is nice. It'd been even cooler if the ILZ Corridor was still winding underneath that though :/

There are little caves, and I thought I might find something in them, but I found absolutely nothing. They're just caves for the sake of having caves. Why can't they lead to something cool, like a little bit of Precursor stuff or just anything, really.
    edited February 2017

djgxeq4fm9o3.png
    deekkq4vx5jy.png

djgxeq4fm9o3.png
    deekkq4vx5jy.png

@Rezca @Jamezorg

Did you clear CompiledOctreesCache since the last update? If not, chances are you're still using the terrain from the last time you made a new save or cleared your cache.

djgxeq4fm9o3.png
    deekkq4vx5jy.png

djgxeq4fm9o3.png
    deekkq4vx5jy.png

@Rezca @Jamezorg

Did you clear CompiledOctreesCache since the last update? If not, chances are you're still using the terrain from the last time you made a new save or cleared your cache.

Even if I'm on Experimental?

djgxeq4fm9o3.png
    deekkq4vx5jy.png

djgxeq4fm9o3.png
    deekkq4vx5jy.png

@Rezca @Jamezorg

Even if I'm on Experimental?

I clear my cache every time there's an update over 50MB in size, so I couldn't tell you. My suspicion is experimental updates have the same problem as stable ones, and don't always transfer updates over. One thing's certain though, it couldn't hurt.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    Coranth wrote: »

As a story fanatic this makes me incredibly happy :smiley:

Firstly the idea of a full and SCANNABLE Sea Dragon skeleton excites me to no end. It talks about having this be the creature that destroyed the base, which I think it should be (and scans could talk a bout how this creature's claws match damage sustained on the nearby base). I think it could help non-story veterans understand this section of the story a little bit better.
    It says "It would be great to get some scannable text for that skeleton". I know they probably won't use this but I thought it wouldn't hurt anybody to put my idea out there:

"This creature is of Leviathan class. It is enormous even for its species, however, and this skeleton indicates predatory characteristics. Its claws are sharp and its arms appear eerily humanoid. Its teeth are deadly and scans indicate that its jaw had the combined power of twenty great white sharks. The claws match damage sustained to the nearby alien facility, therefore it is safe to presume this creature is what caused the base to shut down.

Its skeleton appears to have evolved to withstand dangerously high temperatures, and there is no knowing if more of these behemoths are deeper in the ocean, closer to the mantle. Extreme caution when diving deeper is advised."

Having the Incomplete Warper being scannable makes me think that this is where you learn they were a Precursor creation. This gets me excited; I have a feeling this is not just a secondary research facility, but where Warpers were mass produced.

I saw the new area in the Lost River earlier today, and what there is of the cache, and the skeleton and all of the Precursor lights and cables. I have to say it's looking pretty damn awesome. There's talk of the skeleton there becoming scannable, and I was thinking here you learn a bit more about the extinction event, and how so many other species existed before this catastrophe, and this one was being tested to find out whether it was immune or not.

This little thing has just gotten me so excited :)

On the skeleton's relationship to the broken base:

YESS! YESS! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I CALLED IT! I KNEW IT! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

(look on my wiki posts if you don't believe me. my username is kinglykuma)

djgxeq4fm9o3.png
    deekkq4vx5jy.png

djgxeq4fm9o3.png
    deekkq4vx5jy.png

@Rezca @Jamezorg

I clear 'em like every time I launch the game, because of how fickle it gets with me (I'm a habitual saver, fast and frequent and I've read the more you save the quicker the lag/crash problems build up xD)
    Hmm. Well I 'unno, then. xD