XBox One status update (Dec. 19th)

Comments

• TheChefTheChef Michigan Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225388Members
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting a healthy 20-30 FPS with an average of 25
  • bigjimbo84bigjimbo84 Leeds, England Join Date: 2017-01-01 Member: 225876Members
    you can't check on survival so not sure but start of a new game is reasonably healthy FPS anyway, just need to put some hours in which I'm all for.
    bigjimbo84 wrote: »
    you can't check on survival so not sure but start of a new game is reasonably healthy FPS anyway, just need to put some hours in which I'm all for.

If you hit RB + LB + A then type "fps" it'll show it in the upper left corner
  • GRAW2ROBZGRAW2ROBZ Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225373Members
    Bummer I missed the update yesterday. I checked early morning. Then turned XBOX1 off. Then afternoon I fired up BF1 and cracked a few beers. But then read today on the forums update is out but laggy yet. Well i'm downloading it now though.
  • bigjimbo84bigjimbo84 Leeds, England Join Date: 2017-01-01 Member: 225876Members
    TheChef wrote: »
    bigjimbo84 wrote: »

If you hit RB + LB + A then type "fps" it'll show it in the upper left corner

thanks didn't know that..... I'm mostly around 20 FPS it does drop when in the kelp forest but still playable so far.
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting a healthy 20-30 FPS with an average of 25

Edit: after 7 hours of gameplay and a complex base I'm hovering between 9 and 15 FPS. It's bad, but it's playable nonetheless.
  • dexter397dexter397 U.S.A. Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218486Members
    I find it odd that there are teleport commands for the gun but it is not in the xbox version yet lol
  • TheFullMontyTheFullMonty Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223557Members
    First time posting I think. Just wanted to say the update worked great. I had a saved game and tried the "update save" option, that DID NOT go well. I should have listened to the suggestion of starting new because I was discouraged. The fps was about 2 on that exsisting save.

BUT, when I just went ahead and started a new game it was a crisp 20-26 fps most of the time. It does drop to 2 fps for about 2 seconds when entering me base or escape pod.

For everyone that's saying there are still issues, I have to say, delete it and come back for the full version. There's no making you happy. I enjoy playing games that are still being developed and see how it changes and improves over time. I'm telling everyone I know to try it. T

TLDR; Great work. Keep it up. I can't wait for the next update!
    I didn't bother starting over. Since the update before prompt I started over and got worse lag. Its tempting but this update got a little better. But still some lag.
    Soooooo any guesses as to when the performance update will be released? Place your bets below.
    I thought they said don't quote them but maybe a month? So sometime in February if everything goes well.
  • TitanismTitanism Join Date: 2016-12-24 Member: 225458Members
    Soooooo any guesses as to when the performance update will be released? Place your bets below.

My bet would be around late March to early April we will get an update that is targeting optimization/bug fixes on Xbox One.

I am curious to see if they release v1.0 on Xbox One at the same time as PC. My bet is that we will have all in game content by the time it launches on PC but I have a feeling that v1.0 release will be delayed several weeks to a month or two to continue ironing out bugs and improve performance and also to accommodate the Microsoft certification process.

DEVS: Please fully finish Subnautica on Xbox One and have a full v1.0 release before you start porting the game to PS4. I don't want to see the Xbox One version become stuck in a game preview for a long time past PC launch.
  • happysyckohappysycko Join Date: 2017-01-21 Member: 227053Members
    My main concern is with the precursor update. Granted, i know its taking a lot of work to polish all of the structures to work for the Xbox One build, but i have been past the Emperor Leviathan and got to the deepest part i have ever seen.

There is nothing there?! Don't get me wrong though, i know that structures are missing so i was like "ummm what the hell?" for all of two seconds. I'm just super excited to see what they did and to explore these structures, as well as further progress the story line that seemed to halt due to these being absent.

Can't wait to experience this!

-Your Friendly Neighborhood happysycko-
  • Raging_direRaging_dire U.S. Join Date: 2017-01-25 Member: 227222Members
    To be honest I'm venting a little so if I offend anybody I'm sorry now then for everyone's that's complaining and giving the devs crap shut your mouth the Devs are doing their best and I'm seeing one of them posting and apologizing for mistakes and trying to keep you happy and then I'm seeing people who are giving the devs crap and honestly I think if you want to give them crap shut your mouth and don't say anything at all because I want to see you all you're doing is being ungrateful little pricks and I honestly don't appreciate that at all and I doubt the Dev's do they are doing their best to keep you happy and keep you updated and honestly they don't have to try and make you happy and they don't have to apologize but you know what they're kind and understanding people unlike you so how about instead of being ungrateful you just try and understand from their point of view and I admit I'm not perfect myself and you don't have to be perfect but you gotta realize the world isn't perfect either and things don't always go your way so instead of complaining about it try and look at the bright side and I admit I don't know he's do that myself but at least I have the decency to own up to it and try to be understanding and again I apologize if I offended anyone but like I said I'm venting right now
  • Raging_direRaging_dire U.S. Join Date: 2017-01-25 Member: 227222Members
    Holy crap I just found out I can use console commands on the Xbox One version I've just always been doing it the hard way and I've got to admit I've been successful doing it hard way
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    edited January 2017
    @Raging_dire Please add punctuation next time you're doing a rant. Cause otherwise the pain that comes when trying to read it just springs back in your face.
  • LordSingulothLordSinguloth Join Date: 2017-01-19 Member: 226955Members
    Yeah that was painful to read, even if i agree with the point
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We're working hard on the next Xbox update. We're planning on combining the next 2 Xbox updates, so that 'Precursor' and 'Castles & Coffee' updates will arrive in 1 big update for Xbox. We're getting closer in fixing a number of the issues plaguing both Xbox & PC and once that's done we can submit to MS for certification. No ETA, but it's getting closer.

Please be a lag fix, please be a lag fix...

Not that it bothers me much, but I die a little inside every time I watch a streamer wait for 20 seconds pleading with Subnautica not to crash (I'm confident it will get fixed, but I'm worried about impressions. Early Access and all, but tell that to the majority of gamers out there).
  • barryweedenbarryweeden Join Date: 2017-02-02 Member: 227521Members
    I also like Xbox the most. My friend suggested me for Acheter Abonnement Xbox live 12 Mois which had a great graphical capability, processing power, and quite the fan base and these gaming consoles which are given a new dimension to the video games. Xbox is my favorite. Check this out Acheter Abonnement xbox live 12 mois
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    Is there any way we can expect a notification when it goes to Microsoft Certification or whatever it is called?
  • Beta_Tester_ProphetBeta_Tester_Prophet Crysler,Ontario Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213632Members
    Anxiously awaiting the day the update is released. I first bought the game way back when the h20 update was released on steam. Then it was the first game I bought for my Xbox One S. I still consider Subnautica unique, as we do not see many survival games out there that are solely based for aquatic exploration. Ark comes close but Subnautica remains #1 in my books. Keep up the great work Devs :smiley:
  • CandurasCanduras U.K. Join Date: 2017-02-04 Member: 227590Members
    Wow guys

You have created an amaizing game here and im proud to play it, iwas just wandering if the bones update was release for XB1 yet as ive got a strange accurence, when i play for a few hours an move though the various biomes all resources and fish dissapear, i was wandering if anyone else has had this problem as i have found a temp fix.

I have to save and then exit game, the go back to xbox home screen and quit the gam from there as well, then start the game again load my save and the resources and fish are back. But this happens a lot.
  • Nautilus420Nautilus420 Quincy MA Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227735Members
    I have been playing on the Xbox one for several months and I really enjoy this game. Sorry the updates are a little slow but well worth the wait. It's an amazingly stunning game and the graphics and creatures are beautifully designed I can't wait for the final version.
    THANK YOU GUYS
  • DeclinedCobra35DeclinedCobra35 israel Join Date: 2017-01-23 Member: 227151Members
    Does the precursor update have that Sypticeye tank from JackSypticEye ?
  • fallennight1986fallennight1986 texas Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225320Members
    yeah i tried the code on xbox one when jack put it out and it didnt work...
  • DeclinedCobra35DeclinedCobra35 israel Join Date: 2017-01-23 Member: 227151Members
    where did u write it ?
  • FuseunoFuseuno Spain Join Date: 2017-02-13 Member: 227859Members
    Lo digo en español que me es mas facil... estoy hasta los hue... de el lag por las bajadas de fps, y la cantidad de bugs que hay, en ordenador parece que ya va de puta madre, en xbox one que pasa? Queremos jugar bien almenos de una vez ya, que pasaron un par de años casi desde que salio el jueho eh chavales... ah por cierto, aparte de toooodo lo que teneis que arreglar y rapido, que ya va siendo hora, intentad traducir bien el juego al español, por que mitad esta en español y la otra mitad como voces y algunas cosas mas esta en ingles. Me defraudo mucho verlo en pc y despues verlo en xbox, parece que pasais de todo para xbox. Gracias y espero poder jugar pronto al juego, que oara algo lo compre esperanzado. P.D nadie os pide que os deis prisa en mejorar los gráficos como hicisteis en pc, pero almenos solucionad lo de las bajadas de fps y todos los demas bugs anda...
    yeah i tried the code on xbox one when jack put it out and it didnt work...
    where did you write the code ?
  • BR4ECOLONELBOOMERBR4ECOLONELBOOMER Join Date: 2017-02-13 Member: 227876Members
    hey i just want to say i love subnautica and like every game preview there is bugs and problems this should not shock you or make you angry yes you paid money for this product i get that i really do but if you take the time to read the disclaimer it clearly states that this game is (A WORK IN PROGRESS) this our preview. Thank you DEVS for your patience with us and thank you for allowing us the privilege of playing your game keep up the good work and i can not wait for the new Updates.