XBox One status update (Dec. 19th)

24

Comments

  • ArmyAJ28ArmyAJ28 New York Join Date: 2016-12-27 Member: 225539Posts: 1
    edited December 2016
    I can't even get my game to load on xbox. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times to try to get it to work and nothing. When I try to load a game or create a new one (doesn't matter tried both) it doesn't load. Sometimes it gets to 46% sometimes it stays at 0% but never goes anywhere after that and I waited over a hour once. It's been like this all month so I can't play the game anymore at all, so this really sucks, did cost money. What do I do?
    Doug6tt
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Posts: 267 Advanced user
    Any else kinds feels like they shouldn't have released this game on Xbox if they weren't gonna give the same amount of care and attentiveness as the give the pc version. He said it plainly that the pc version is there main focus. They should've let it stay there if they were gonna do Xbox players like this. I mean I understand they are trying but how much do you not have to care for them to release content like this with the games play-ability so limited to about zero most times. I just feel like we are going to get a big let down. I know games previews that came from pc and runs way better than full games by huge developers, is because they know they have a rep to build and that rep will stay with you no matter how many games you make. They'll always say "this game was good, but I remember how subnautica for xb1 was always like a last minute shove through the door before it closes thing." I just wish you guys understood that we want to be able to like you and have so much hope and faith in you but at times it's like you guys don't really care about the console side of your community only because it's harder to do than pc. This goes for Microsoft too because like you said the cert has to go through them first and they just send crappy stuff out without a care in the world if we like it or not as long as we pay for it. But I hope everyone has a good Christmas. That includes you unknown world! Sometimes you gotta tell the truth whether it's nice or not.

    You bought an unfinished game, and you know that it is unfinished because the Icon always says GAME PREVIEW, and now your complaining that the game isn't far along?
    AntoneCampbellDeepSea7
  • Captn_MikroCaptn_Mikro Michigan Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223287Posts: 95 Fully active user
    and now we wait
    Posted by Xbox Live's Mikro
  • AntoneCampbellAntoneCampbell Chapel Hill North Carolina Join Date: 2016-12-19 Member: 225177Posts: 5 Fully active user
    edited December 2016


    That's not why I'm complaining. I'm complaining that the game isn't playable at all. The reason for a game preview is to let the players play to to give the Devs feedback on what's wrong and what they could improve on. And you can't just go souly off of PC and use the bugs they have and assume Xbox has the same bugs because as you can tell you're dealing with two different demons here. Bottom line an unplayable game preview with this many updates out had the potential to release a full game that has no improvements and full of bugs. questioning me about complaining about the game being unplayable is kinda a butt backwards. Considering that that's literally the biggest reason as to why they even have the preview program. The content I could care less about at this moment considering that I can play this game to experience all the content they have now. You gotta be honest sometimes, not even honest just be logical because being nice and patient gets you a full buggy game. I got almost every game preview out right now and they have there bugs but they're completely playable. So with how long this game has been out there should be little to no excuse why we got this much content and no optimizations to it. At least enough to make the game playable.
  • ReaperTech1994ReaperTech1994 uk Join Date: 2016-12-28 Member: 225618Posts: 8 Fully active user
    I have been waiting on the game starting for about 20-30 minutes and I'm getting

    loading ... (2319.05 s)
    Loading prefabDatabase 0.00% (2319.05 s)

    Please Advise
    "I Am Strong, Because I've Been Weak.
    I Am Fearless, Because I've Been Afraid.
    I Am Wise, Because I've Been Foolish."

    https://media.giphy.com/media/X5HzwMAgjBLWM/giphy.gifd0ugcjtxgalb.png
  • Captn_MikroCaptn_Mikro Michigan Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223287Posts: 95 Fully active user
    edited December 2016
    Here we go again hope it makes it pass internal testing and it fixes alot discussed issues.
    Posted by Xbox Live's Mikro
  • GRAW2ROBZGRAW2ROBZ Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225373Posts: 47 Fully active user
    I'm looking forward to the update.
    bingomanzeroIrishmanmcbride
  • ShadesEdgeShadesEdge Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225692Posts: 1
    the main glitch i hope gets fixed with the next update is the Cyclops's despawning everytime you reload
  • thegamingfox23thegamingfox23 Join Date: 2016-12-30 Member: 225720Posts: 1
    this is good
    bingomanzero
  • CristofCristof Join Date: 2016-11-10 Member: 223778Posts: 11 Fully active user
    ::checks:: is it ready yet? No? ... K. ::checks:: Is it ready yet? No? Damnit. K.... ::checks:: Anything yet?
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Posts: 155 Advanced user
    Obraxis wrote: »
    The 'fixed' version of the next Xbox update 'Bones' passed certification and is currently being tested by the internal team (even while on Xmas vacation). Once we're confident there are no show-stopping issues it shouldn't be very long until it's out.

    We're also making significant progress on the 'Precursor' Update for Xbox (the patch after 'Bones'). That update has been tested a lot and should not be too far behind. We hope to bring Xbox into parity with PC again sometime in January.

    if you still working on it as you guys are on xmas brake please take a brake man its new year soon don't work yaself to death
  • GRAW2ROBZGRAW2ROBZ Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225373Posts: 47 Fully active user
    What's the ballpark estimate when precursor update is released after bones update? Couple weeks? Month?
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Posts: 951 Advanced user
    edited January 1
    It seems that the standard answer to game development updates is..., SOON"
    B)
  • bigjimbo84bigjimbo84 Leeds, England Join Date: 2017-01-01 Member: 225876Posts: 14 Fully active user
    Guys it just finished with the holiday period lets give them a chance to sort stuff out.... All these " It's a game preview " people just remember it has to be playable to give feedback which 90% of the time you just can't unfortunately, if anyone tried another survival game preview last year they would remember those bugs but it was mainly playable..... I for one love the game and the concept of it so will wait for them to sort what I can imagine are difficult issues.... Good luck devs, we all await your hard work
    Irishmanmcbride
  • dishophoibadishophoiba Join Date: 2017-01-01 Member: 225883Posts: 1
    please help when ever i make a seamoth it disappears when i save and exit or get to far from it same for like waterproof lockers and other items that u can place
  • Captn_MikroCaptn_Mikro Michigan Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223287Posts: 95 Fully active user
    ah waiting it sucks :D
    Posted by Xbox Live's Mikro
  • bingomanzerobingomanzero Join Date: 2016-12-07 Member: 224676Posts: 44 Fully active user
    please help when ever i make a seamoth it disappears when i save and exit or get to far from it same for like waterproof lockers and other items that u can place

    I had a locker once... I think it floated away.
    I reload my save when the seamoth disappears.
  • GRAW2ROBZGRAW2ROBZ Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225373Posts: 47 Fully active user

    DaveyNY wrote: »
    It seems that the standard answer to game development updates is..., SOON"
    B)

    I remember when Zipper Interactive said "soon" for DLC once for Socom Navy Seals 3 on PS2. It was like almost 2 years later cause they made Socom Combined Assault before the DLC. People were raging on the forum for years.
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Posts: 76 Fully active user
    ^Awesome, thank you guys again for all the hard work. Subnautica is one of the most unique and immersive games I've ever played...

    and I have the whole day off to play the new update!
    TheWayan0x6A7232happysycko
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Posts: 951 Advanced user
    edited January 3
    Flayra wrote: »
    Hey guys,

    The Bones Update will go out in a few hours. It's already scheduled with Microsoft and we actually couldn't retract it if we wanted! It's going to take some more working on the save/load system to get the Precursor update out to you, but we're committed to it. It's just going to take another month or so. Please don't quote me, we can't estimate our software releases any better than anyone else can.

    Mario has some leads on what's causing the game-breaking FPS drops. He's been getting lots of support from these forums and Twitter, it's really helping us out. We're hoping we'll be able to solve that soon.

    Thanks for your patience guys!


    See, it's a Dev's ingrained code word.
    They just can't help themselves.

    > chuckle <<br> B)
    happysycko
  • xxxL3gitRushxxxxxxL3gitRushxxx United States Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219606Posts: 30 Fully active user
    edited January 3
    Flayra wrote: »
    Hey guys,

    The Bones Update will go out in a few hours. It's already scheduled with Microsoft and we actually couldn't retract it if we wanted! It's going to take some more working on the save/load system to get the Precursor update out to you, but we're committed to it. It's just going to take another month or so. Please don't quote me, we can't estimate our software releases any better than anyone else can.

    Mario has some leads on what's causing the game-breaking FPS drops. He's been getting lots of support from these forums and Twitter, it's really helping us out. We're hoping we'll be able to solve that soon.

    Thanks for your patience guys!

    @Flayra In a few hours do you mean 2-3-4 hours? (By definition) Because Obraxis mentioned on Discord that it will be live tomorrow, it just got me a little confused...
    --- Aaron-San <3
  • bigjimbo84bigjimbo84 Leeds, England Join Date: 2017-01-01 Member: 225876Posts: 14 Fully active user
    whether it today or tomorrow is irrelevant we will be getting it in the next 24 hours which is great... I hear you say about the FPS but are you guys at least confident that this update will make the game a bit more playable even 20 FPS is a huge improvement..... Thanks for making such a cool and unique game.
    0x6A7232
  • Dutchman141Dutchman141 the Netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216936Posts: 19 Fully active user
    So we're getting a new content update but the game will still be unplayable due to the ongoing framerate drops....
    I'm at a loss for words....
    I think I'm at the point of giving up on this game in development, besides added content I realy can't see any progress to be honest.

    Subnautica is one of the best looking and fun looking games but it runs like shi.. for months now, I realy can't see the joy in added content when you're not able to play the game at all.

    Back to waiting, at least another month so it seems.
  • Captn_MikroCaptn_Mikro Michigan Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223287Posts: 95 Fully active user
    if they update the game it might fix the issues that the update reruns the games setup installer to update it might be enough for now another thing fresh files over top saved data might not play well we might be playing fresh and rebuilding bases using fresh updated things.

    Posted by Xbox Live's Mikro
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Posts: 728 Advanced user
    So we're getting a new content update but the game will still be unplayable due to the ongoing framerate drops....
    I'm at a loss for words....
    I think I'm at the point of giving up on this game in development, besides added content I realy can't see any progress to be honest.

    Subnautica is one of the best looking and fun looking games but it runs like shi.. for months now, I realy can't see the joy in added content when you're not able to play the game at all.

    Back to waiting, at least another month so it seems.

    But soon, we'll get a boost in performance according to @Flayra's post.
    Flayra wrote: »
    Mario has some leads on what's causing the game-breaking FPS drops. He's been getting lots of support from these forums and Twitter, it's really helping us out. We're hoping we'll be able to solve that soon.

    Thanks for your patience guys!

    Deceased leader of the UCR
    Subnautica Veteran (yet still scared of the Reaper Leviathan)
    Maker of positive comments
    Author of Subnautica fan stories (You know, if I ever get around to finishing them...)
    I still have no idea what's going on
  • TheChefTheChef Michigan Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225388Posts: 47 Fully active user
    GUYS, IT'S UP!
    bingomanzero
  • Captn_MikroCaptn_Mikro Michigan Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223287Posts: 95 Fully active user
    TheChef wrote: »
    GUYS, IT'S UP!

    YEP Bones has Arrived


    Posted by Xbox Live's Mikro
    bingomanzero
  • Dutchman141Dutchman141 the Netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216936Posts: 19 Fully active user
    Skope wrote: »
    So we're getting a new content update but the game will still be unplayable due to the ongoing framerate drops....
    I'm at a loss for words....
    I think I'm at the point of giving up on this game in development, besides added content I realy can't see any progress to be honest.

    Subnautica is one of the best looking and fun looking games but it runs like shi.. for months now, I realy can't see the joy in added content when you're not able to play the game at all.

    Back to waiting, at least another month so it seems.

    But soon, we'll get a boost in performance according to @Flayra's post.
    Flayra wrote: »
    Mario has some leads on what's causing the game-breaking FPS drops. He's been getting lots of support from these forums and Twitter, it's really helping us out. We're hoping we'll be able to solve that soon.

    Thanks for your patience guys!

    He said that they hope to solve it soon, I don't think any fix will be released before the next update, that's over a month or so.
    Besides that, hoping to solve something is a quite diplomatic way of saying that you don't have a clue of how long it will take.

Sign In or Register to comment.