Bigger Submarine Concept - My own 3D model

Comments

• EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    edited December 2016
    wait, nm, responding to old post by accident
  • mistermanbruhmistermanbruh netherlands Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225293Members
  • kubazet99kubazet99 Czech Republic Join Date: 2016-08-17 Member: 221450Members
    Ok you concept is good,but where are Generator room?This submarine is too big by powered powercells,i still think Nuclear reactor is better option.And still you make few nonfilled room for players can fill with builder.
  • mistermanbruhmistermanbruh netherlands Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225293Members
    can someone send me a 3d file to import for a 3d builder? its called tinkercad and i want to make reclame for this thing, but i dont got the hull form.
    STL, OBJ, SVG only please
  • stuckthunderstuckthunder Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225421Members
    I think the things on the side shoud be for hatches or just for windows
  • MinderMinder France Join Date: 2016-08-13 Member: 221263Members
    lol sorry but no, i will never give my work that took me so much time, to a stranger, I don't know what you will do with it, this is not just a small creation, this has value. And please stop spamming the forum! Remember you can just edit your latest post, so it's more condensed, please.
    kubazet99 wrote: »
    Ok you concept is good,but where are Generator room?This submarine is too big by powered powercells,i still think Nuclear reactor is better option.And still you make few nonfilled room for players can fill with builder.

uhmm ... I never thought of this, thanks you for sharing your point. I don't know what i'm gonna do, because it can also be powered by power cells, it's still logical because it follows the current state of the game. But nuclear reactor is also interresting, but i need a place to put it somewhere. I will see when i'm on the interior of the sub :)
    And yes there will be a lot of room for the player to place all its stuff :)

And for all the impatient of you, tomorrow i will post updates of the texturing with photos, comments and all that stuff ;)
  • Number35Number35 Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224491Members
    I hope this gets added
  • Number35Number35 Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224491Members
    edited December 2016
    well i am gonna try to rebuild the shape in thinkercad, with or without your help.
    but do you got any tips or the data to import the shape?

make it possible to put things on the exterior of the sub, so you can place floodlights or spotlights.
  • MinderMinder France Join Date: 2016-08-13 Member: 221263Members
    well i am gonna try to rebuild the shape in thinkercad, with or without your help.
    but do you got any tips or the data to import the shape?

make it possible to put things on the exterior of the sub, so you can place floodlights or spotlights.

"Import the shape"? Do you know that I redo all the 3D Model from scratch based on the concept art? I can't really help you, i don't know how works thinkercad, but i can help you in Maya or Blender. You make basic shape, and then you deform it until you got the right shape, with the help of the available tools. If you want more details, just add other basics object.

For the floodlights and all that stuff, this is not really my part of the job, this is the devs that have to program the possibility to put object on the sub, but i don't see the point of doing it, this is not the same entity as the base. Furthermore this will cause problems for the mesh collider and hitbox.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    edited December 2016
    Tentative idea: What if, for the seamoth/prawn bay, the white panels on the side slid open? The current model is for the doors to open cyclops-style, is it not?* What if, instead of that, the white panel above the blue bottom of the ship slid backwards, allowing the seamoths/prawns to exit from the sides? It might be less work to code, and might look better than the entire ship opening up at the bottom. This is what I mean:
    6gs8ikreu37c.jpg

The doors would slide backwards into the ship, behind the walls. That way, they'd be concealed.

what do you think? Good idea, or not?

EDIT
    b5v91v0tascj.jpg
    Looks like a beast. nice work. They should really make this a thing.
    edited December 2016
    Tentative idea: What if, for the seamoth/prawn bay, the white panels on the side slid open? The current model is for the doors to open cyclops-style, is it not? What if, instead of that, the white panel above the blue bottom of the ship slid backwards, allowing the seamoths/prawns to exit from the sides? It might be less work to code, and might look better than the entire ship opening up at the bottom. This is what I mean:
    6gs8ikreu37c.jpg

The doors would slide backwards into the ship, behind the walls. That way, they'd be concealed.

realy good idea, thing you should do that.
    but, make it one door, and the intire bottem slides open

belowthe cocpit tere is a hole like tingi, mayby you can let that be a filter for the water filtration machine
    What about a seamoth AND a PRAWN bay all in one so you can carry them both at the same time
    Tentative idea: What if, for the seamoth/prawn bay, the white panels on the side slid open? The current model is for the doors to open cyclops-style, is it not? What if, instead of that, the white panel above the blue bottom of the ship slid backwards, allowing the seamoths/prawns to exit from the sides? It might be less work to code, and might look better than the entire ship opening up at the bottom. This is what I mean:
    6gs8ikreu37c.jpg

realy good idea, thing you should do that.
    but, make it one door, and the intire bottem slides open

belowthe cocpit tere is a hole like tingi, mayby you can let that be a filter for the water filtration machine

I agree with you but i like the way you get into the cyclops with a seamoth/prawn suit
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    edited December 2016
    What about a seamoth AND a PRAWN bay all in one so you can carry them both at the same time

The current design is for the launch bay to have docking space for two vehicles- meaning it could carry both PRAWN and seamoth.

EDIT: This is the current design:
    b5v91v0tascj.jpg

The current design is for the launch bay to have docking space for two vehicles- meaning it could carry both PRAWN and seamoth.

Oh all right thanks I didnt know that
  • WSBurnsWSBurns KingdomOFMadness Join Date: 2016-07-25 Member: 220631Members
    Nice screens Minder, i look forward to see more of your work.
  • ZeroproZeropro England Join Date: 2016-12-27 Member: 225569Members
    THAT LOOKS AMAZING!
  • BeckysFootSlaveBeckysFootSlave Germany Join Date: 2016-12-27 Member: 225560Members
    I really like what you have done from that artwork and it really looks amazing!
    I would like, no I would love, to use it and cruise everywhere in subnautica but I don't know if it would fit into this game?
    Please don't get me wrong, but after spoiling myself with spawning the cyclops (just bc I had to take a look at it) I thought: Damn is that big but the description said that it can be used by one person!

Maybe I am the only one that is thinking that the Atlas is really to huge to be handled by just one person?
    But I don't think that it is possible or realistic to use this sub alone!
    The size of the Atlas would need a minimum of maybe 3 or even more persons (driver, navigator, machinist?)

Sorry that I said that bc you made a awesome good job!
    I really love this sub (only thing I would change is a glasssphere at the front as the command central (like someone posted from "Atlantis"))
  • YouKnowMeYouKnowMe Planet 4546B Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203468Members
    edited December 2016
    the update looks like a bigger version of the Cyclops, but I wouldn't do the same, looks really good, also, can't you embed the Sketchfab, I'm not sure if it works with the coding of the forums but there is an option for it on Sketchfab, and are you going to do the interior as well or only the exterior?
    edited December 2016
    Edit: I quoted the wrong comment because I'm used to the "Quote" option being beneath the post
    I would like, no I would love, to use it and cruise everywhere in Subnautica but I don't know if it would fit into this game?
    Please don't get me wrong, but after spoiling myself with spawning the cyclops (just bc I had to take a look at it) I thought: Damn is that big but the description said that it can be used by one person!

Maybe I am the only one that is thinking that the Atlas is really too huge to be handled by just one person?
    The size of the Atlas would need a minimum of maybe 3 or even more persons (driver, navigator, machinist?)

Sorry that I said that bc you made an awesome good job!
    I really love this sub (only thing I would change is a glass sphere at the front as the command central (like someone posted from "Atlantis"))

Somewhere I read that the Cyclops is a 3 manned vessel, not sure where I read it, but I do know I have (luckily the player proves this wrong)
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    YouKnowMe wrote: »
    I would like, no I would love, to use it and cruise everywhere in Subnautica but I don't know if it would fit into this game?

Maybe I am the only one that is thinking that the Atlas is really too huge to be handled by just one person?

Sorry that I said that bc you made an awesome good job!
    I really love this sub (only thing I would change is a glass sphere at the front as the command central (like someone posted from "Atlantis"))

Somewhere I read that the Cyclops is a 3 manned vessel, not sure where I read it, but I do know I have (luckily the player proves this wrong)

It is meant to be, however, it can technically be piloted by one, just not as effectively.
    edited December 2016
    there realy needs to be a multiplayer option, or mayby a server, like minecraft. but the devs said that multiplayer is not gonna happen. still, they can add to the story mode that you can find the degasi survivors and that they can help you.

it can be possible that you find the degasi wreck in the void.
  • Julian1337331nailuJJulian1337331nailuJ The Grand Reef Gubtorial Election Or Something. Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223824Members
    They Might Make Another Version. One That Is Multi Player. Kinda Like Don't Starve Together.
    there realy needs to be a multiplayer option, or mayby a server, like minecraft. but the devs said that multiplayer is not gonna happen. still, they can add to the story mode that you can find the degasi survivors and that they can help you.

it can be possible that you find the degasi wreck in the void.

or at least find the Degasi wreck somewhere on Planet 4546B
This discussion has been closed.