Bigger Submarine Concept - My own 3D model

Comments

• subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    agreed. i'd love a bigger sub that can carry both a seamoth and a prawn, and which also has water filtration and some means of food production (an inbuilt alien containment, maybe?) so that it can act as a true mobile base. i want more late-game things like this, because i don't want to leave 4546b. i dont' want there to be a win condition, just better and better ways to adapt to life here.

eventually, i'd also like access to the whole of the planet for exploration and development...even if it's just an abyssal plain that goes on forever in all directions except for the existing biomes. we have access to a pretty tiny sliver of this planet's surface area, to be honest...it seems sizeable because all of our vehicles are limited in speed by the engine...and that's fine...but there should be more.

Have you seen the Void Islands thread? I think this is one of the solutions I like the best, with there being a decision to either "win" the game, or upgrade to live on the planet. From there on, there would be more territory to explore (at the cost of that territory being less in-depth read: more procedurally generated)
  • MinderMinder France Join Date: 2016-08-13 Member: 221263Members
    Hi guys :)
    I continue to work on the texturing, slowly but surely :)
    Unfortunately, i realized that I made a lot of mistake, there are a lot of deformations :/ i will try to make it anyway.
    I don't post pictures for the moment because the modifications are not significant, i want to wait a bit to show you a better advancement :)

agreed. i'd love a bigger sub that can carry both a seamoth and a prawn, and which also has water filtration and some means of food production (an inbuilt alien containment, maybe?) so that it can act as a true mobile base. i want more late-game things like this, because i don't want to leave 4546b. i dont' want there to be a win condition, just better and better ways to adapt to life here.

eventually, i'd also like access to the whole of the planet for exploration and development...even if it's just an abyssal plain that goes on forever in all directions except for the existing biomes. we have access to a pretty tiny sliver of this planet's surface area, to be honest...it seems sizeable because all of our vehicles are limited in speed by the engine...and that's fine...but there should be more.

Yeah there are several good ideas, for the first one (seamoth and prawn bay), yes i plan to make it happen, and for the second, yes again i wanted to model big room, therefore you could put any stuff you want, like the modular base :)
    And finally, yeah i like this kind of endgame, this was a bit what i had in mind :)
  • mistermanbruhmistermanbruh netherlands Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225293Members
    this is definitly the best sub i've ever seen!!!!!!!!
    just one thing: are you shore absolutely shure about the 4 life pods? is that not a bit to much?
  • mistermanbruhmistermanbruh netherlands Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225293Members
    nicely done for the textures!
    mayby you can add a scanner room and sonar in the command room
    wow! have you figerd out where (if you want to do those) the camera's will be?
    can you make a size ref to the cyclops and sea emperor?
    what do you want name it?
    got an idea:

place some fragments inside the aurora, at the end of the map, and in the lave castle. so it will get a bit hard for you to build it. but, when finished, its one of the most boss things ever seen by a human.
    here is my idea for the camera's:

at the conning tower, at the screw, the keel and at the top of every escape pod.

for that last thing, you do need to make those launchable. to the devs: make an option where you can lauch the escape pods when sinking. they will float up and stay there, like the aurora one. they should be the same too. you should also be able to launch one when hitting a button, for exploring.
    you just launch one, and check the camera. perfect if you are deep and you want to see the surface to know where you are.

• andrewcandrewc Join Date: 2016-12-20 Member: 225231Members
    We would need a bigger world before a bigger sub... wait for procedurally generated endless worlds
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    andrewc wrote: »
    We would need a bigger world before a bigger sub... wait for procedurally generated endless worlds

I know you all are probably getting sick of seeing this link, but I really think this would be a legitimate idea for procedural generation:

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/146075/void-islands-generation-implementing-new-biomes-post-release-updates-end-game

you are right. the emperor facillity is the only location where is can move without needing to check every camera twice.
    but do you like my idea????????
    i do :D
    but do you like my idea????????
    i do :D

it sounds nice, although I think that using lifepods for scouting expeditions is a bit... odd? Maybe if they were scouting drones instead of lifepods, it would make exploring with them more viable. In addition, they could also (maybe) hold seamoths (which could function very similarly to drones)
    true. i had an idea for a scanner room and sonar in the command room. but drones can only go so far. when very deep (like in emperor facillity) you cant take a drone, so now you got two options:

1 take a seamoth or PRAWN and leave your sub
    2 launch an escape pod and watch the camera.

if a life pod needs to float to the surface, it first needs to find it. so it will take the most logic may to the surface, and you can follow it. that is what i ment.
    sonar is realy a thing that you need, drones to. okay, i pull back my idea for exploring with lifepods. but keep the camera's on the top of them
    am i right they are calling the sub the
    "Atlas" ?
    I saw that in minder's shetchfab link
    OMG the spam! xDD please mistermanbruh just edit your previous post, don't do another one for every thought you got xD
    First, thank you for your attention on my work :D
    So yeah, 4 escape pods because this is the most logical option for me. In fact, the texture on the round things is the same as the other batteries, but i think this is pointless, and having escape pods adds to the gameplay. Yes four because i'm following the original concept art, and because this would be great if subnautica become a coop game at the end.
    For all the utilities you can have in the sub, this would be your chance. What i had in mind is a already done layout of room but you can do anything you want in there, add all your stuff and so on ...
    Actually i didn't think anything for the cameras, for me this will be done at the end, because this is not important, and because this is not such a big deal to do. We will see afterward :)
    And for the size reference, i have done it, just look at the second page of this thread :) (unfortunately, i lost the cyclops, seamoth and the little guy, so i can't redo a size reference :( )
    And yeah, the original concept art has the name "shark" on it, but i prefer to name it "The Atlas", i think it better fit the actual sub.
    For the fact that this submarine would be an end game objective, this has been discussed a lot, and there are a lot of ideas to make it hard to obtain.
    If you have any other questions, just ask me :)

I'm still working on it, i'm texturing different parts of the sub separately, like the radial thrusters or the escape pods.
  • BreakingForceBreakingForce Join Date: 2016-12-17 Member: 225066Members
    or, instead of having basic life pods like we start out in, what if they're modified life pods? like, we probably don't need the chairs on the walls or maybe even the storage locker thing...but what if you could scale up the life pods slightly and put in some sort of seamoth dock/moonpool deal thing in the bottom and maybe have a second floor with the fabricator and maybe a bed or something? i dunno, just ideas off the top of my head. some way to dock and charge a seamoth from the pod's solar cells would be handy for base construction and exploration...but i guess i'm also a bit curious as to why, as chances are if we want to build a base there, we'd have the sub within easy range....maybe some sort of a beacon launcher could also be handy for if we want to mark stuff for later checkin out?
    or, instead of having basic life pods like we start out in, what if they're modified life pods? like, we probably don't need the chairs on the walls or maybe even the storage locker thing...but what if you could scale up the life pods slightly and put in some sort of seamoth dock/moonpool deal thing in the bottom and maybe have a second floor with the fabricator and maybe a bed or something? i dunno, just ideas off the top of my head. some way to dock and charge a seamoth from the pod's solar cells would be handy for base construction and exploration...but i guess i'm also a bit curious as to why, as chances are if we want to build a base there, we'd have the sub within easy range....maybe some sort of a beacon launcher could also be handy for if we want to mark stuff for later checkin out?

Hey guys, these would not be lifepods but just escape pod ^^ Remind you, i scaled down the submarine to make it into the game, the pods are very tiny, they can just hold one person, just for an emergency, look at that picture : https://postimg.org/image/3u1j12h3z/
    do you guys mind if i post a youtube video about this forum?
    it will be called:

subnautica - bigger submarine concept - the ATLAS
    Another Gamer
    the sunbeam will be talked about too
  • kubazet99kubazet99 Czech Republic Join Date: 2016-08-17 Member: 221450Members
    I should do this ,,Pods,, as nuclear reactor.I think in every ,,Pod,, will have one reactor rod.

And i can imagine this ship equpment like this:
    1-floor(Highest one):
    Bridge,Docking bay(With modification station),Storage+ walls when you can build interior eqipment,engine(like cyclops with upgrade modules slot)
    2-Floor:
    Living quarter(Beds,living wall,desks,chair) on the nose(nice wiew),Hydrophonic room(Growing place for vegateble,aquarium),Reactors ,,Pods,,,and behind this is place for anything you build,except One filtration machine.
    ok, i will do the video then. expect it to be on youtube within 9 hours
    do you guys mind if i post a youtube video about this forum?
    it will be called:

subnautica - bigger submarine concept - the ATLAS
    Another Gamer

Oh dude this will be super cool!!! :D Again, as i said the more people know and support the project, more chances there will be to be accepted by the devs!
    If you need any information about the submarine and everything, maybe just the latest screenshot of the current advancement of the submarine, tell me!

kubazet99 wrote: »
    I should do this ,,Pods,, as nuclear reactor.I think in every ,,Pod,, will have one reactor rod.

And i can imagine this ship equpment like this:
    1-floor(Highest one):
    Bridge,Docking bay(With modification station),Storage+ walls when you can build interior eqipment,engine(like cyclops with upgrade modules slot)
    2-Floor:
    Living quarter(Beds,living wall,desks,chair) on the nose(nice wiew),Hydrophonic room(Growing place for vegateble,aquarium),Reactors ,,Pods,,,and behind this is place for anything you build,except One filtration machine.

For all the information on the ship equipment, go check this image i made : https://postimg.org/image/yx876p44f/
    This was i had in mind, we will see if this works :)
    got to download bandicam first, and the WIFI was out, so it will still take a while.

i will put a link to the video here.

please subscribe, so people will think i am inportant, and watch more of my video's!
    okay did a great video, but no audio. gonna make a new one, tomorrow. bye bye.

Uploaded! hope you guys enjoy!
    tell me if not.
This discussion has been closed.