'BOREALIS RISING' - A Subnautica Story V2.0.

Comments

• nauticalperananauticalperana The land of the free and the home of the brave Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217491Members
    i kinda like how the AI's have almost "human" personality's and are less formal and more friendly and are almost like selkirk's family and yet haven't crossed the line between man and machine
  • nauticalperananauticalperana The land of the free and the home of the brave Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217491Members
    i kinda like how the AI's have almost "human" personality's and are less formal and more friendly and are almost like selkirk's family and yet haven't crossed the line between man and machine
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Now, wait just a moment. A virus might be able to function in cryostasis, but human cells can't. And since a virus is, by nature, dependent on the functioning of it's host cells, it can't progress in frozen host's, no matter what the virus might be capable of surviving.
  • cheetored20cheetored20 cheetored20 Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218564Members
    sayerulz wrote: »
    Now, wait just a moment. A virus might be able to function in cryostasis, but human cells can't. And since a virus is, by nature, dependent on the functioning of it's host cells, it can't progress in frozen host's, no matter what the virus might be capable of surviving.

The carrar is a bacterium though isn't it, ergo it eats it's host and mutates it at the same time?
    sayerulz wrote: »

The carrar is a bacterium though isn't it, ergo it eats it's host and mutates it at the same time?

I think it may have been referred to as that sometime in the story, but most recently he called it a virus.
    Ah, it would appear I misunderstood. My bad.

But don't worry, I'm not done picking apart your story yet! Yes, writers everywhere will feel the minor irritation of:

THE SCIENCE NAZI!
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Excellent!! A potential Anti-Kharaa Bioweapon for the Frontiersmen!!
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
  • Julian1337331nailuJJulian1337331nailuJ The Grand Reef Gubtorial Election Or Something. Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223824Members
    *Suddenly You Get A Message. It Reads: "Warning! The Rich Clan Main Airship Is Going To Crash On The Planet Known As Manannan. I Think. I Don't Know Just Evacuate." And Then You Hear An Explosion From One Of The 20 Bombs It Had. It Came From The Precursor Gun..?*
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    *Suddenly You Get A Message. It Reads: "Warning! The Rich Clan Main Airship Is Going To Crash On The Planet Known As Manannan. I Think. I Don't Know Just Evacuate." And Then You Hear An Explosion From One Of The 20 Bombs It Had. It Came From The Precursor Gun..?*

Uh.

Yeah. Okay. :/
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members

I typed in Rich Clan into Google and all I could find was a Clash of Clans... clan... three guesses what it was called.
  • Julian1337331nailuJJulian1337331nailuJ The Grand Reef Gubtorial Election Or Something. Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223824Members
    Its Not That Rich Clan. Its Something Else.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    So an odd question to @Bugzapper, but what has been your favorite part of Aurora Falls, or Borealis Rising, to write?
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Am I the only one who is getting a very bad vibe about Heloise? I keep having the feeling that this is going to end up something like the Dark Knight Rises.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Skope wrote: »
    Am I the only one who is getting a very bad vibe about Heloise? I keep having the feeling that this is going to end up something like the Dark Knight Rises.

You're not the only one. If so, question is, is she brainwashed (I'm assuming that's the only reason she would stick with mcdiddlyface) enough to follow through, or will she see the light? Of course, that assumes mcdiddlyface is smart enough to plot something like that, which I highly doubt. She would have to be the mastermind I think, if that's the way this went.
  • AAAsubnauticaAAAsubnautica Join Date: 2016-05-10 Member: 216569Members
  • cheetored20cheetored20 cheetored20 Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218564Members
    looks like the Kara found some resource vents