'BOREALIS RISING' - A Subnautica Story V2.0.

Comments

• CryleveCryleve U.S Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219723Members
    Isn't Manannán in the Alpha Hydrae system witch is located in the aradine arm(spelling right?) i wanted to know because im trying to name my cyclops after all the local systems my next base will be Beta Hydrae and so on but my cyclops needs a name.
  • DaDarkShadDaDarkShad Slovakia Join Date: 2016-06-23 Member: 218954Members
    Either someone fixed it or something but the Unknown is not on this page for me.
  • lorcogothlorcogoth belgium Join Date: 2015-09-14 Member: 207943Members
    DaDarkShad wrote: »
    Either someone fixed it or something but the Unknown is not on this page for me.

it seems to be stuck at the end of page 8
    Well either way I am happy. The Unknown was to stupid to change the page and stick itself on this one. :) lol

• TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    wrote:
    "You don't scare me anymore, Selkirk. You have given us enough trouble already. When the mood takes me, I will make a strong example of you and your robot friends. Not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but very soon. I promise you this."

"How dare you save us from our stagnated existence in the Lava Castle and try to buy us out with liberty and a comparatively luxurious base! First chance I get, hostile aliens notwithstanding, your synthetic hide is MINE!"
    The man is lucky that he wasn't left behind with a hole burnt all the way through his forehead.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    edited July 2016
    Polyakov confirmed for universe's most useless conniving knucklehead.
    edited July 2016
    Bugzapper wrote: »
    Cryleve wrote: »
    Isn't Manannán in the Alpha Hydrae system which is located in the Ariadne arm?
    I wanted to know because I'm trying to name my Cyclops after all the local systems. My next base will be Beta Hydrae and so on but my Cyclops needs a name.

Our solar system is located on the Orion Spur. Manannán is the fourth planet in the Alpha Hydrae solar system, located approximately 175 light years from Earth. Beta Hydrae is another star system in the constellation of Hydra at a distance of 370 LY from Earth. Fair warning: My stories use completely different astronomical information from that used in Subnautica.

Useful info: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sunearth/news/gallery/galaxy-location.html

I've named the large orange moon 'Damocles' (as in the hanging sword of...) and the smaller white moon is called 'Phryne', named after a rather nice young lady from ancient Greece.

A good name for a Cyclops would be 'Polyphemus'. Probably the immediate go-to name for some folks.

I recommend checking out other names in Greek mythology: Circe, Calypso, Andromeda, Herakles, Argo, Medea, Kerberos, etc. etc... - Although there are countless other mythologies to draw from. Don't restrict yourself to any one in particular. :)

I haven't. ;)

Thank you for responding, since you're naming most of the local celestial bodies with names related to Greek mythology, Polyphemus might be bestowed my Cyclops. I see that as well you are trying your best at this story and your not holding back at any point.

Oh and thank you for fixing my spelling and grammatical errors in my last post.

Now on to your brilliant writing, I must say it's quite professional and i am enjoying it thoroughly, I see that you've tried to stay true to some aspects of the game. But all you need to know is that you have another fan that has read all of Alexander Selkirk's story from Aurora Falls to this very point in his journey. Cheers, To a story well done!
  • Quantum_AnomalyQuantum_Anomaly Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218496Members
    I scan when I read, old habit of having to speed-read research stuff, hard to turn off when the anxiety ramps up and I'm really enjoying a story.

The result of this is picking up on details before you're supposed to, like big bold NEGATIVE and "command override" while reading a line starting with "unclipping a builder tool" sent me in to instant panic mode as I thought his tool was going to go haywire on him at some pivotal moment. Forcing myself to read along at a slower pace (and calming my sudden rise in heart rate), I realized everything was just fine and there wasn't going to be a cliffhanger...

Then that last line. Every time!
    Ah, story snippet for breakfast... OM NOM NOM NOM!
  • SGTChuckSGTChuck Sup. I like to chill. And yell "WHAT" at my TV screen. Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219590Members
    DaDarkShad wrote: »
    Yea i see the Unknown comment too, and foe some reason the face creeps me out.

Wow thats weird.
  • SGTChuckSGTChuck Sup. I like to chill. And yell "WHAT" at my TV screen. Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219590Members

the liquefied remains of the Crabsquid to slide down the hull like a monstrous grey bogey.

Ewwwwwwww!
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    We know that the footsteps are going to totally be something completely innocent. Like a small child holding a teddybear just coming to say thank you to the nice robot for their new home!
  • Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members
    Actually just got goosebumps from that last part!

Can't wait!
    A man of simple tastes... Hmm that sounds about right, but mostly i wonder what type of party will they have? Will it be a calming "party" focused on soothing the mind of everyone and distracts them from reality so they can forget about the worries of life or will he go all out with disco and certain beverages for everyone.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    edited July 2016
    So, if the base is on the floating island, is most of the flora still intact? I hope they still get to experience scenery like this(Minus (most of)the Aurora):
    727ea485422c.jpg
    w2805y67v6tt.jpg[spoiler/]
  • AstromancerAstromancer Texas Join Date: 2016-05-13 Member: 216713Members
    An advanced blade of heat, and you say how excellent it is at making toast. Good laugh there haha.
    Nothing wrong with Toast (YEAH, TOAST!).

• Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Man Smg4 is my 2nd fav Youtuber
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Well, I saw that coming. Not to say it's badly done overall. I've certainly seen worse.
    Welp first JUNO now Héloise. Maybe this time it will work out better.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited July 2016
    JUNO unleashed her rendition of the 'Diva's Dance' from The Fifth Element. We had to cheat a bit by using our holo-emitters to handle the visual effects, although our performance was apparently well received. Apparently. I think we were a bit unlucky in having been selected as one of the earliest acts on the card. A few more drinks all around might have made the audience slightly more receptive to our antique sci-fi movie shenanigans.

The Diva's song while the fight scene happened in the 5th Element movie was something that marked me back in 1997 when i first saw the movie. I could certainly imagine how a crowd of ''primitive'' people would react to it lol