FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (with Dev updates) - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING [Updated 13/03/17]

EverReddyEverReddy UK Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217355Members
edited March 2017 in Subnautica on Consoles
To help people get the latest dev updates to frequently asked questions I've set up this FAQ thread. If you know of any more FAQ's that have been answered by the devs elsewhere, please comment below with a link to the post and I'll add it here.

General

People are having real issues with framerate, when will there be a decent performance update?</b>

What does the current Xbox version include?
You can see the Update History here for both the PC and Xbox versions.

Can we have multiplayer coop? Pleeeeease...?
I mean, how hard can it be?!

Flayra wrote: »
(23rd August 2016) Our thoughts on this have become more clear now, as we've added more to the game and see how much work we still have to do on the game.

We are NOT going to be adding multiplayer of any kind to Subnautica. We would have to start over from scratch and it would take us years of work to do it.

I know that's not what you guys want to hear but we have our hands FULL with the basic v1.0 version of Subnautica.
Obraxis wrote: »
(September 2015) Adding Co-Op or multiplayer is not simple, at all. It would require months of work. We want it to happen, but it would mean we basically stop working on the game right now, and do co-op for months. Currently we'd much rather make a great game first, then see if it's feasible for co-op to happen. That being said, most of us on the team want it to happen. We just can't promise it right now.
(26th May 2016) We would love to add co-op gameplay someday, but it will have to be a new game. It's waaaay too much work to simply "add" to Subnautica. We might make a standalone game focused on co-op (like "Subnautica Together") or maybe we'll make a sequel.

But it's clear that Co-op is something you guys would love and we'd love it too. Imagine piloting your Cyclops with a few people: one at the helm, another repairing/building machinery, another managing fuel and energy systems and another off on small missions in the Seamoth, reporting what they're finding?

I'm not sure how everything works/where things are and the game doesn't tell me anything. Where can I find out?
A huge part of the joy of Subnautica is exploring working things out for yourself, but if you're stuck you can always refer to the Subnautica Wiki page and there's a map here.

Will subnautica be coming to the PS4?
(2nd June 2016) There is a good chance of it, though we're not working on it right now. However, we're exploring the possibility.
(26th May 2016) We would love to bring Subnautica to the PS4. It's an awesome system and Sony seems to treat developers well.
However, they don't have "preview" program. So we can't ship it there until we hit v1.0.

Any chance of getting 60fps?
(27th May 2016) Highly unlikely to hit 60fps on XboxOne, just not technically possible while keeping the game at the visual level we want.

The next update will have some improvements that should be noticeable in some places, but optimizations are not a quick-fix. They are complicated, often take a while and tend to go in towards the end of development so the game and gameplay itself can be a focus. We'll do the best we can as we develop the game to keep improving.

What are you guys working on at the moment?
(28th May 2016) We are working hard on performance as well. Graphics aren't the issue at the moment, it's mostly our streaming system, so we think we can make some noticeable improvements there. Probably not for the first patch, but in the ones after that (we want to get our currently done work on the PC in your hands as soon as possible).
For a detailed and up to date view of everything that's being worked on right now, along with an impressive To Do List, take a look at the Subnautica Development Blog.

Specific Bugs/Glitches/Issues
(1st June 2016) You can follow our live bug process here:

https://trello.com/b/eLEWpq3P/subnautica-playtesting - for catching and organising bug reports (Thanks Bug submitters!)
https://trello.com/b/zpLYFyEu/subnautica-bugfixing - for the actual live fixing of bug reports

For the latest list of known bugs on the Xbox, please see @Luffy490 's bug thread [url="http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/144444/subnautica-list-of-bugs-update-2-0-8-21-16-updated#latest]here[/url]. Please check this thread before posting any bugs you've found to avoid cluttering up the forum with duplicate bug reports.

The Debug Console
To get around may bugs, especially those that cause items to disappear or not spawn at all (like the blueprint bug) you can use the Debug Console in game to spawn items and perform other actions. To access it, SIMULTANEOUSLY press BR+LB+A on your controller, then enter one of the commands listed here or from this list of spawnable items. This is not a cheat as such and has been recommended by the Developers as a tool to get around bugs, although overuse may diminish your enjoyment of Subnautica.
If you are having any other bug related issues, please post them to the Subnautica Playtesting Blog. Alliteratively, please read @EVILONE15 's pinned and regularly updated Bugs On Xbox thread and post a comment there if your bug that is not mentioned.

Know of any specific dev answers to bug questions? Please comment with a link to the thread below. Thanks!

Comments

• anonymouscloneanonymousclone illinois Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217581Members
    IS THE REAPER LEVIATHAN IN XBOX ONE!!!!!! I can't find him and its freaking me out!!!!
  • Mini_GaaraMini_Gaara England Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217049Members
    IS THE REAPER LEVIATHAN IN XBOX ONE!!!!!! I can't find him and its freaking me out!!!!

Nope, not yet.
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members
    Just added a note about performance. We're working on it - a lot!

how close are you now plus and what is it your looking into when next update comes will i have to start a new world as it will have everything the pc has like the crabsquid and crapsnake and the sea tred and reaper and bioms ? would like to know
  • EverReddyEverReddy UK Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217355Members
    how close are you now plus and what is it your looking into when next update comes will i have to start a new world as it will have everything the pc has like the crabsquid and crapsnake and the sea tred and reaper and bioms ? would like to know

The answers to all your questions are in the post above, including a newly added link to the details for the next update.
  • destinykiddestinykid UK Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217875Members
    Amazingly, I like always find crash powder :P
  • xxGhostxx420xxGhostxx420 Your House Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217375Members
    Can anyone please make, or link me somewhere that i can find a list of what is offererd in the current version of the game on Xbox one? I just want to know what i can find in the Depths of the sea and use at the moment, Thank you to whoever helps me and takes the time :)
    EverReddy wrote: »
    To help people get the latest dev updates to frequently asked questions I've set up this FAQ thread. If you know of any more FAQ's that have been answered by the devs elsewhere, please comment below with a link to the post and I'll add it here.

General

Know of any specific dev answers to bug questions? Please comment with a link to the thread below. Thanks!

Can anyone please make, or link me somewhere that i can find a list of what is offererd in the current version of the game on Xbox one? I just want to know what i can find in the Depths of the sea and use at the moment, Thank you to whoever helps me and takes the time :)

I'm not sure if this is quite what you're after, but you can find the update history on the Subnautica Wiki here. That should give you some idea of what's included in the current Xbox version, although you'll have to follow the links to various Wiki pages to find out what is where in game.
    Updated FAQ with new info on what will *hopefully* be in the upcoming Xbox One update.

Power Extreme!
  • Mini_GaaraMini_Gaara England Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217049Members
    EverReddy wrote: »
    Updated FAQ with new info on what will *hopefully* be in the upcoming Xbox One update.

Power Extreme!

When is the next update? :trollface:
    Mini_Gaara wrote: »
    When is the next update? :trollface:

:tongue:
    Updated with Dev comments from 13th June on the upcoming Xbox One update .
  • BudzerkerBudzerker Kentwood, La US Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218893Members
    edited June 2016
    Do you guys know how big the update, for the Xbox One, will be?
  • travislee1217travislee1217 usa Join Date: 2016-06-02 Member: 217996Members
    Some 1 said it's waiting to get sent thrue whatever that means
    I guess thrue Microsoft
    And had far as size probably have to reinstall or bigger then what the game is now
  • Darkstrike9Darkstrike9 Carslile Join Date: 2016-06-23 Member: 218953Members
    Anyone else annoyed at Microsoft for having th update verification system
    As well as the devs saying nearly 4 weeks ago "the update is nearly ready"
    Yes very frustrating and frustrated this needs to happen now tired if waiting I get it they had to do a bunch of converting for the consol version but jeesh
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    Dude chill on the update specific chat theu said something nice about the update on page 5 which is a june post please read there it should help you relax a bit it did for me when i got mad about it to
    Lol I already read it just excited
  • Dreadshot33Dreadshot33 Ohio, USA Join Date: 2016-06-25 Member: 219100Members
    How about an auto-save feature whenever you enter an air chamber ( i.e., escape pod, base). Game crashes unpredictably on xbox, sometimes losing hours of work.
    Yes exactly that would be cool man I wish microsoft would hurry up
    pardon me Dev's but i was wondering could you possibly do a mini update for now with us sending out the pieces that pass your specs without issue that Xbox has also found to be sound and safe? we don't need everything in a single go after all but something is always better then nothing yes? please? your game is fun just hoping for something
  • SaladExistsSaladExists Canada Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219747Members
    destinykid wrote: »
    Amazingly, I like always find crash powder :P
    your a legend.

Yargish89 wrote: »
    pardon me Dev's but i was wondering could you possibly do a mini update for now with us sending out the pieces that pass your specs without issue that Xbox has also found to be sound and safe? we don't need everything in a single go after all but something is always better then nothing yes? please? your game is fun just hoping for something

If it were that easy I'm sure they would have done it, but Microsoft's certification process makes that kind of thing anything but.
    Well i notice they goimg for all yhe updates at once so like hit machine realease then nect and next lol
  • Ekush03Ekush03 Kentucky Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219797Members
    Devs is the lost river in the most recent update to Xbox?
    Can somone tell me how to delete my discussion asking help to find that extra strength normal suit thimg i cant find the button anywhere >.> been bothering me that its still up after the update
  • SgtsturkSgtsturk canada Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219878Members
    edited July 2016
    Well I deleted my save and reinstalled the game still getting brain coral air bubble sound but other than that seems to be ok
  • RavenLCRavenLC Mexico Join Date: 2016-07-02 Member: 219464Members
    @Sgtsturk i notice that if you go neer to another strong source of sound (like stalkers) the sound disapears for a moment hope it healps =)