Dear UWE, what are you doing.

Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
edited January 2016 in NS2 General Discussion
Hello, it's a new year, you're a month and then some late on doing anything worthwhile to fix the problems you're paying to fix.

Don't tell me the hitreg fix was worth it, nothing happened other than you made servers perform worse with no real noticeable gain in hitreg detection.

I've mentioned things to @Wasabi in other threads and there are no responses other than those by @IronHorse which in all honestly just sound like someone covering the asses of the PDT leads but he is replying to people who want to know what the hell is happening.

Are you even working on anything to do with the game? http://dev.naturalselection2.com/ says that you've done nothing for nearly a month...

The trello is a very similar story, there is a list of crap you should be doing but most of that is honestly not going to fix the player count in the way you wanted to when you announced you were coming back. Let us not forget the claim of
Hugh wrote:
“Thousands of concurrent players, tens of thousands of people engaging with NS2 every week, and millions of dollars of yearly revenue.”

You're a step closer to the revenue at least, because the only person who has work that seems to be constantly updated on trello is @rantology along with getting feedback for skins on the forum. However rantology is one member of a team of 8 hired to do art work and not code.

The "SIMPLIFYING NS2" thread has reached 20 pages, @Golden (who isn't a paid member of the team) has put most of those pages worth of suggestions into the google doc that was created. It's 6 pages of ideas for your stupid "rapid iteration" (really quick work so far btw)
Hugh wrote:
Theoretically, under a ‘rapid iteration’ system, we could push changes as often as our build infrastructure can compile the game. Imagine if we could get that time down to 25 minutes – That would mean, theoretically, NS2 could be changed twice per hour.
So how about you start doing this? But oh wait, how can you have rapid iteration without your aim for transparency.
Hugh wrote:
It’s the whole teams’ responsibility to be communicative and responsive to what customers are telling us.
sebastian wrote:
One of the things we’re actively trying to improve is the way we communicate with the community.

So where exactly is this actively improved communication?

You as a company have always failed with the transparent development you claim and keep saying you aim to improve upon. Why in that case has there been no word on implementing anything in the simplifying NS2 thread, there are a ton of great ideas and some not so great ones that should be tested with your rapid development. However you're somewhere else ignoring it or so it seems.

Why does the trello not have these ideas you plan to revive the game and increase player retention with? Literally nothing in the trello will improve your player retention.

Where are these fast agile builds so you can test new features? When do we finally get to see the improved NS2.

Let's remember that with the hiring of this team so far, less work has been accomplished by the entire team than @xDragon has done in the past week to fix this game (or if you have done more you told no one about it). He has solved more issues that you have even acknowledged or probably even knew how to fix, he has found fixes for some causes of riflejam, something UWE threw out any hope of fixing long ago. But don't go and steal his code this time if you actually want to fix your game officially.

So can someone tell this community what is going on. A real answer too please, none of this "people are working on it in the background" because that doesn't tell the community a bloody thing with no proof of any progress on trello or elsewhere. You promised a hell of a lot and failed to deliver and are being made look like fools by just one single modder in a considerably smaller amount of time.

TL;DR No fixes for anything important, no work on improving player retention like you claimed and the lack of transparency like good old UWE. Communicate with your community.

Comments

• CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I've heard rumors about a Tutorial Revamp and a Hive2.0 (though looking at Trello, that's still a "Potential Project"?).
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Actually speaking as a server op.. I have had a excellent improvement in communication with both other server ops and uwe due to the new discord usage.

Also I have had a whole taw division of over 40 people being extatic over the improved hitreg as they did notice.
    I can see in server logs that non taw folk playing on the NSL server are equally noticing positive change.

The only downside is that server performance took a small dive with the improved hitreg. But we admins should just make sure that the servers work within limits.
    If admins did not then their servers may not be able to hold required rates which would be a problem on that specific server, but thats not ns2's fault.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2016
    There is a way to objectively test hitreg now. We no longer have to rely on Player X saying hitreg sucks, and Player Y saying hitreg is fine.

I have found hitreg to be improved. If anything I have found so far that I get more false postives, than I ever have gotten actual no regs. This is testing in live public games of ns2.

How to test hitreg objectively:
    To test hitreg using the tools we now have available you need to turn on "sv_tests 1" in console. You can do this in your own listen server with a friend, or a friendly server operator can turn it on. Then on the client type "hitreg" in console. Do note that the hitreg command dramatically increases the clients bandwidth usage. A server operator would probably not want more than one or two people using the hitreg command at a time.

The hitreg command will spit out debugging information into the console and the log. You can use this to objectively see if you did have a genuine hitreg issue.

Here is an example of the hitreg output with both a no reg and then a false positive against a fade.
    Client  : 1068.079224 : Hitreg: No data for key '32083-1' found
    Client  : 1068.079224 : Server data nil
    Client  : 1068.148560 : Hitreg: targeting Fade-1899
    Client  : 1068.148560 : 32085-1: no diffs found for attack on Fade-1899 (hit=true)
    Client  : 1068.208496 : 32087-1: no diffs found for attack on Fade-1899 (hit=true)
    Client  : 1068.244507 : Hitreg: No data for key '32088-1' found
    Client  : 1068.244507 : Server data nil
    Client  : 1068.311157 : 32090-1: Diff found for attack on Fade-1899 (physTime 1068.211): 
       srv.trace_fraction:             0.071534
       cli.trace_fraction:            0.0097454
       srv.trace_start.y:              -1.3020
       cli.trace_start.y:              -1.2316
       srv.trace_end.y:               4.8236
       cli.trace_end.y:               4.8941
    Client  : 1068.375366 : 32092-1: Diff found for attack on Fade-1899 (physTime 1068.275): 
       srv.hit:                false
       cli.hit:                 true
       srv.trace_fraction:              0.94083
       cli.trace_fraction:              0.42324
       cli.trace_start.y:              -1.0717
       srv.trace_start.x:              17.8133
       cli.trace_start.x:              17.8006
       srv.trace_start.z:            -142.8070
       cli.trace_start.z:            -142.8590
       srv.trace_end.y:              -0.0017
       cli.trace_end.y:               0.2286
       srv.trace_end.x:             116.9316
       cli.trace_end.x:             116.9189
       srv.trace_end.z:            -129.6209
       cli.trace_end.z:            -129.6728
    Client  : 1068.408203 : Hitreg: No data for key '32093-1' found
    Client  : 1068.408203 : Server data nil
    Client  : 1068.482910 : 32095-1: Diff found for attack on Fade-1899 (physTime 1068.383): 
       srv.hit:                 true
       cli.hit:                false
       srv.trace_fraction:            0.0073419
       cli.trace_fraction:              0.92640
       cli.trace_start.y:              -1.0808
       srv.trace_start.x:              17.8192
       cli.trace_start.x:              17.8297
       srv.trace_start.z:            -143.0782
       cli.trace_start.z:            -143.1285
       srv.trace_end.y:               4.3246
       cli.trace_end.y:               4.5459
       srv.trace_end.x:              83.3361
       cli.trace_end.x:              83.3466
       srv.trace_end.z:             -67.7398
       cli.trace_end.z:             -67.7901
    Client  : 1068.544800 : 32097-1: Diff found for attack on Fade-1899 (physTime 1068.445): 
       srv.trace_fraction:            0.0061197
       cli.trace_fraction:             0.013319
       cli.trace_start.y:              -1.1728
       srv.trace_start.z:            -143.2422
       cli.trace_start.z:            -143.2582
       srv.trace_end.y:               3.0647
       cli.trace_end.y:               3.1940
    Client  : 1068.581299 : Hitreg: No data for key '32098-1' found
    Client  : 1068.581299 : Server data nil
    Client  : 1068.649414 : 32100-1: no diffs found for attack on Fade-1899 (hit=false)
    Client  : 1068.707520 : 32102-1: no diffs found for attack on Fade-1899 (hit=false)
    Client  : 1068.742310 : Hitreg: No data for key '32103-1' found
    Client  : 1068.742310 : Server data nil
    Client  : 1068.816284 : 32105-1: no diffs found for attack on Fade-1899 (hit=false)
    Client  : 1068.880127 : 32107-1: no diffs found for attack on Fade-1899 (hit=false)
    Client  : 1068.913086 : Hitreg: No data for key '32108-1' found
    Client  : 1068.913086 : Server data nil
    retraced killed Nordic with Swipe

This is a no reg on a fade. The server (srv.hit) says it was a miss, and my client (cli.hit) says it was a hit.
    Client  : 1068.375366 : 32092-1: Diff found for attack on Fade-1899 (physTime 1068.275): 
       srv.hit:                false
       cli.hit:                 true

This is a false positive on a fade. The server (srv.hit says it was a hit, and my client (cli.hit) says it was a miss.
    Client  : 1068.482910 : 32095-1: Diff found for attack on Fade-1899 (physTime 1068.383): 
       srv.hit:                 true
       cli.hit:                false

Your log is found in your "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2" folder. It is the file named log.txt. You can find the hitreg issues in the log by typing pressing Control -> F and typing "srv.hit" to find them. You may see a lot of "diffs found" but those are unimportant. They is not a hitreg issue unless it there is a discrepancy between "srv.hit" and "cli.hit" such that one is true and the other is false.

If you want to be so generous as to help the developers get rid of these hitreg bugs, it is best to make a video. Using shadowplay, fraps, or a game recording software of your choice play the game with the hitreg command on as described above. Then after each time you think you had a hitreg issue, open up the console so it is visible in the video. It would be ideal if you recorded your gameplay and uploaded the video in 60fps, because youtube now supports 60fps content.

The developers are looking for a video similar to this. (demonstrates one of the few remaining hitreg issues)(Video by Ironhorse)
    Or similar to this video I made of the example fade hitreg issues above.

Keep in mind you can only run the hitreg command with if a server admin turns on tests with "sv_tests 1" and you should limit the amount of people using the hitreg command it hogs bandwidth.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    edited January 2016
    for me its the skulk movement that seems off not the hitreg, i find it very hard to track skulks where as not that many patches ago i had a much easier time. Myabe its just me getting worse at shooting.

But the skulk movement seems erratic and difficult to follow even when they move in a set pattern
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    I'm working on a tutorial revamp, and I've just finished up my work on the FBX compiler... so there's that.

Ultimately while a tutorial will help new players into the game, it's something that has been "in the works" forever, maybe now the PDT is back one will be finished.

Don't expect that to fix player retention though, the game is still horrible for most rookies as @Locklear mentions. Rookies will still get screwed over on most pub servers outside of "rookie" only where they might learn something but will still get destroyed playing against even an average pub player now.

FBX compiler while nice for some doesn't address the issues mentioned.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    I think people seem to forget that not everyone learns the game as well as others and that some people will never really be on the same skill level as a lot of vets, not due to lack of experience but due to simply not being as good. Players should be able to have fun at any skill level and if some players want to keep playing on rookie servers why try to pressure them into moving to skilled servers?

More server options would be a good idea, stuff such as specific weapon/ upgrade/ lifeform locks, being able to adjust the res gain from nodes, colours for different skill levels of the players, number of starting ips for the server and any starting structures,
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    My 2 cents regarding uwe: used to love ns2 because of uwe. Now I love ns2 in spite of uwe. The "leaders" of this whole shabang are in another stratosphere, don't even play the game, and generally seem quite aloof. I think the real source of friction in this transition is the leaders themselves. Maybe play the
    game to know it intimately again or entrust it to people who do. You've got a couple [redacted] taking over an operation that was running just fine without them who seem to be again falling asleep at the wheel.
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2016
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Join our Discord. Instant better communication.

Im there, nothing regarding the patches is discussed. Most of it is just general chat, there's a helpful modding discussion, but please don't act like this is the holy grail of official information about what's happening, because it really isn't.

Maybe you could actually answer some of the real questions in this thread instead of avoid them @Obraxis

And going by @Decoy looks like even your internal communication is a joke. Thankfully someone can admit that things are not running as smoothly as they should be. Clearly you need to do something about it.
    Jekt wrote: »
    I think you need to be willing to give them more time.

3 months is barely enough time to do anything major with the resources they have. Then to combine this with the initial forced idea of rapid development, and trying to apply that methodology to an already matured product with a limited development team and THEN imposing an arbitrary 3 month "well, let's see what you've done! Are we making millions yet?" deadline.

Yeah, you didn't need a magic ball to predict the start being a bit of a disaster.

I'm largely just a spectator in all this, but I suspect the PDT is still in the process of moving away from the the original plans they had (Hugh had lmao) and actually deciding on their own vision. By no fault of the members of the PDT they've effectively had a lot of potential development time wasted and had set backs immediately. I expect they have already moved away from rapid development and I never expected and certainly am not now expecting updates to be pushed to the main build several times a week to test changes.

Regarding transparency, personally this isn't something I care about at all when it comes to game development. So I won't really comment on that. But they have a Discord channel where you can communicate directly to the people involved and they're still active on the forums. Seems pretty good to me. Yeah I guess they could update the trello more often.

In all honesty, they had their time once years ago, this is nothing new, it's the same horrible development mess that caused the game to release with tons of badly built patches in the past, if they don't wake up then in 3 1.5 months they'll have no PDT and most the CDT has packed up and left. I don't want the game to die, but the grave is being dug at a rapidly increasing pace.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Join our Discord. Instant better communication.

I've been in it since it started roughly. It hasn't really shone any light on what he's asking for here.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2016
    I think this entire ordeal can be summarized as:

Omg we gonna do stuff really quick right,good stuff for the game make it big and awesome...

Than the people who have been doing this stuff for years now said. Hmm, let's take a step back and set up some development systems to actually do this

And now 1.5 months later, we're in that development cycle

In short, as far as I can see. The plan is NOW coming together/forming and the "OMG GUY WE GON DO SUM STUFF" was released too early :D

like @Jekt said, let's see where this will go... (not as fast as was hyped). But UWE really needs some lessons in communication/marketing (it is known :tongue: )
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Clearly you need to do something about it.
    While I don't know timelines either, and don't really wish to stoke the flames.. I will say that I am genuinely surprised by how upset you are over not knowing a development team's roadmap timeline for a released game.

If you were involved with the development process then your response would make more sense, as that is a frustrating position to be in.
    But as just another player, I have to ask: why is the time line so important to you? Do you believe NS2 couldn't get another wave of Rookies again in the future once it was ready to receive them properly?
  • HEllrunner2kHEllrunner2k Join Date: 2013-07-05 Member: 185945Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2016
    I adressed the "rookie vs dif 1 Player" and the "1 good game out of 8 shitty ones" problems.. and the ways to fix it... I was told to prove something ^^ ... I'm making it on my own now... but one Server that gives a good game experience in not enought, nor consistent... also there need to be a floating balance... MORE that it's allready implemented... the meta for 6v6 7v7 is SIGNIFICANTLY different to the more casual formats 8v8+
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    edited January 2016
    Don't have time to read, refreshing the thread and new comments posted...
    SamusDroid wrote: »

You mean you and the old Trello. :p
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    TBH the CDT Trello still looks way more interesting than the Dev Trello. Might be because Aesa and SkyMarshal and Hive2.0 are all background systems that don't influcence immediate gameplay. Also artwork is cool and everything, but I'd rather see some balance changes / renewal / features added.
    There seems to be not much that can be done with performance improvement anymore.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    The timeline matters because you're losing your free hard working people
    That happened on day one due the way it was initially handled, (even if not everyone publicly announced it at the time) so maybe from your perspective we're hemorrhaging contributors weekly or something.. but that's just not the case.

So is there any other reason for your degree of concern?
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I think that Kouji has said it best. The team has been working on thoughts and ideas and the systems in which to implement them in a more timely manner to the community. Many of the systems are in the final stages of being completed and in the next couple weeks you will see and hear more about it as we begin to implement it into the game. Our entire team is very active is Discord but that doesn't mean we see everything. You can always ping up with an @ notification or even direct message us with your questions. Trello does pretty much have the bulk of items being looked at and worked on. A lot of what we are trying to achieve is what drives player numbers, retention and sales. The idea would be to implement an idea that could potentially help boost one of those objectives and track the data after its released. Was it successful? how? why? what if it wasn't? all of this data helps us narrow our focus moving forward as well on really what is worth the time to invest in development wise. Now obviously sometimes there are things that should be done not because they will make a big impact on numbers but be a boost to community morale and those types of changes are easily on the table, but may not worked on right away as new testable features are given the highest priority as that data is very important in this first three months. I hope this helps you understand whats going on better, I am also thinking of setting up a Q&A to also help answer questions people have as well help our team work on filling in those communications gaps. Thank you for your thoughts and Happy New Year!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2016
    Lambo wrote: »
    Calego wrote: »
    I've heard rumors about a Tutorial Revamp and a Hive2.0 (though looking at Trello, that's still a "Potential Project"?).

I also heard of that 2 years ago.

Back in 2009, I.......

Fine I'll stop :D

@WasabiOne geeez man, L2punctuate (probably with your phone/tablet posting ey)
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2016
    Are you even working on anything to do with the game? http://dev.naturalselection2.com/ says that you've done nothing for nearly a month...

I just wanted to say that given page only shows the master branches history. So it does not show what we are currently actively working on in other branches. And yes I know that's a bit confusing.

Basically what you see at that page is what already is ready for release.
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester

I just wanted to say that given page only shows the master branches history. So it does not show what we are currently actively working on in other branches. And yes I know that's a bit confusing.

Basically what you see at that page is what already is ready for release.

I had guessed it was either that or some update to gitlabs broke something. Any way of showing other branches on that site (seeing as how everything's gone public now?)
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Calego wrote: »

I had guessed it was either that or some update to gitlabs broke something. Any way of showing other branches on that site (seeing as how everything's gone public now?)

We are currently upgrading our version of gitlab as well and will hopefully have better options for full viewing of more data and merge requests soon.

• UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    WasabiOne wrote: »
    I think that Kouji has said it best. The team has been working on thoughts and ideas and the systems in which to implement them in a more timely manner to the community. Many of the systems are in the final stages of being completed and in the next couple weeks you will see and hear more about it as we begin to implement it into the game. Our entire team is very active is Discord but that doesn't mean we see everything. You can always ping up with an @ notification or even direct message us with your questions. Trello does pretty much have the bulk of items being looked at and worked on. A lot of what we are trying to achieve is what drives player numbers, retention and sales. The idea would be to implement an idea that could potentially help boost one of those objectives and track the data after its released. Was it successful? how? why? what if it wasn't? all of this data helps us narrow our focus moving forward as well on really what is worth the time to invest in development wise. Now obviously sometimes there are things that should be done not because they will make a big impact on numbers but be a boost to community morale and those types of changes are easily on the table, but may not worked on right away as new testable features are given the highest priority as that data is very important in this first three months. I hope this helps you understand whats going on better, I am also thinking of setting up a Q&A to also help answer questions people have as well help our team work on filling in those communications gaps. Thank you for your thoughts and Happy New Year!

TL;DR : We're working on it...
    (heard that somewhere but i can't remember where or when)
    IronHorse wrote: »
    The timeline matters because you're losing your free hard working people
    That happened on day one due the way it was initially handled, (even if not everyone publicly announced it at the time) so maybe from your perspective we're hemorrhaging contributors weekly or something.. but that's just not the case.

So is there any other reason for your degree of concern?
    I sense irony there. The things people who try to stay tuned need are simple. ETA Targets. Milestones. Danger ?

Make a list easy to read that contains useful information.
    We are working on "that", ETA date 1
    "That" is a prerequisite for "This" so ETA for This is date 2

Imagine (just as an example) someone modify the origin point of a 3D prop, and the devs modify all the maps that include that specific prop (say a basic 90° rotation). Anyone outside the UWE/CDT who used this props cannot anticipate until the new build is out. Same goes for script/code. It is far better for a programmer to get this kind of information to check and prepare if necessary. There is one or two threads about that isn't it ?

If there was such a channel to help all kinds of internal as much as external developments; it may change the deal. I mean the Trello and other means are quite cryptic to read and never really are informative as it looks more or less like a forum. "We should do that"; "hmm yes, why not ?"; card moved, etc. And you never know WHEN it'll be available, and what impact it will have on things. Bug tracking platform anyone ?

It's not a big deal to fail to deliver before the dead line. It's a common thing in project management. What bothers people is to be blinded by "it's gonna be huge guys, you can't even start to imagine what it is"... yup precisely i have trouble picturing... emptiness...

It's better to postpone something and say "We're not ready yet", than to deliver a broken thing in time and pretend "it's alright".

So; yes this time, timeline is quite a matter as players and modders are more or less exhausted. I confident you felt the "mood" in here is quite tense lately.

Ultimately. Who cares ? UWE is a company that needs sales. Once it's done, the level of interest just goes down. I'm not saying it's bad, but at least UWE shouldn't have pretended it was supporting the community. The last 2 years were more or less quicksands for who ever tried to do something.

It would be fun to see a new transaction process. If you don't play for more than 6 months (and a number of hours) the company can't get the full sale price. It would be only paid a the end of the 6 months. That would change a loooooot of things concerning "community games" development. Maybe we would see less BS.

TL;DR : I just hope it's not another badge.