Dear UWE, what are you doing.

1235»

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2016
    rudyeckert wrote: »
    I just picked Ns2 up again after about a 6 month break. I'm not sure what exactly has happened but this game has become nearly unplayable. People say that there was a hitbox change to improve hitreg but my accuracy has dropped from average in the high 20's down to the mid teens. As far as performance goes this game has not been worse in years, I now encounter more stuttering and lag spikes then ever before. Game randomly crashes from time to time. While the load time is a little faster in game performance is WAYYYY down, it now takes nearly a minute for textures to load in game and for performance to smooth out. I am not alone, many I talk to are experiencing the same problems. Time to roll back a few patches.

The hitbox has not changed since release. Since the hitreg patch my average aim has gone from ~20% to ~15% and I all I do is flash my lerk now. I have tested, and at least for me, I don't experience many hitreg issues. Hitreg was improved to the point where the game is harder for me. It turns out that I was getting more false positives, where the server was saying I hit, but my client did not. Improved hitreg can go both ways. It can be so more of your shots land, or so more of your shots miss like in my case.

There is a known issue with server performance. It is being looked into currently.

Please read these instructions on how to objectively test hitreg. If you could be so generous, could you collect some data how the instructions describe and post it in that thread for the developers.

But it sounds like you are having performance problems, moreso than hitreg problems. Very few people are reporting this and of those that are, they have been unwilling to provide any data to the developers. This is not to say the problems do not exist, but that none of the playtesters are able to reproduce what you are experiencing. It would be a lot of help if you could follow the instructions below so the developers can figure out what is wrong.
    Type "p_logall" without quotes in the console (~ key) whenever you want to begin recording in game (don't do this until you at least spawn in a round)
    then you can p_endlog /or just wait for the round to end/ or map to change/ or just quit the game and it will end automatically.

Then navigate to your hidden folder
    c:/users/YOU/appdata/roaming/natural selection 2/
    And you will find your file, something *.plog
    Zip it/ compress it.
    Upload it to somewhere on the internet
    Make a thread in the tech support forums, and put a link to your .plog file there.

This will give UWE a frame by frame analysis of what is going on, so try to pick a time when you can best reproduce your lowest performance like the 24 fps you said you get.
    Don't record for longer than 30 minutes, and don't record for shorter than 5.

Include your techsupport.zip file with this compressed plog.

Link to the UWE techsupport forums.
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/cate...hnical-support
  • rudyeckertrudyeckert Join Date: 2012-11-27 Member: 173444Members
    I would be happy to provide data if someone could tell me how to collect it. If what you say is true then I really really miss my false positives.

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would be happy to provide data if someone could tell me how to collect it. If what you say is true then I really really miss my false positives.

I have provided instructions on how to collect it in that post.
  • rudyeckertrudyeckert Join Date: 2012-11-27 Member: 173444Members
    I would like to start first with performance. I am running decent hardware

Gtx 970

i7 3820 overclocked to 4ghz

32 mb ram

I have a 60 mbs down speed with a 4mbs up speed
    edited January 2016
    I would like to start first with performance. I am running decent hardware
    Gtx 970
    i7 3820 overclocked to 4ghz
    32 mb ram
    I have a 60 mbs down speed with a 4mbs up speed

That would be great information to include in the tech support thread you will make.
    Here are the instructions again, on how to gather data on your performance problems.

Type "p_logall" without quotes in the console (~ key) whenever you want to begin recording in game (don't do this until you at least spawn in a round)
    then you can p_endlog /or just wait for the round to end/ or map to change/ or just quit the game and it will end automatically.

Then navigate to your hidden folder
    c:/users/YOU/appdata/roaming/natural selection 2/
    And you will find your file, something *.plog
    Zip it/ compress it.
    Upload it to somewhere on the internet
    Make a thread in the tech support forums, and put a link to your .plog file there.

This will give UWE a frame by frame analysis of what is going on, so try to pick a time when you can best reproduce your lowest performance like the 24 fps you said you get.
    Don't record for longer than 30 minutes, and don't record for shorter than 5.

Include your techsupport.zip file with this compressed plog.

Link to the UWE techsupport forums.
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/cate...hnical-support

If you would also like to gather data on hitreg, follow the instructions at this thread. Then if you do test hitreg, post your data there.
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/139975/instructions-on-how-to-objectively-test-hitreg-post-your-hitreg-problems-here

• _Grendel__Grendel_ Join Date: 2015-05-07 Member: 204238Members
    32 mb ram

I found the issue!

I kid I kid :p
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    -Find the 'full nuke guide' on these forums (hint: tech support)
    -Follow it
    -Reinstall
    -Repent.
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    CCTEE wrote: »
    -Find the 'full nuke guide' on these forums (hint: tech support)
    -Follow it
    -Reinstall
    -Repent.

Won't help if its the server he is playing on. Or other stuff like driver issues.