ns2_caged

Comments

• moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I haven't yet started on the DAT-1 exterior, but lots of spaceship will eventually be visible. You have a good point about the flimsy piece of glass though, I'll be adding more bulk there when I get to working on the exterior.

Beyond even bulk, I think making it curved would help. I'm used to seeing pressure resistant things as either flat panels with hefty trim, or circular to avoid pressure hotspots.
  • BabblerKingBabblerKing Join Date: 2015-07-12 Member: 206120Members
    Played caged today and at one point we had many dead aliens, alien comm tried to spawn eggs in sewer but it would not spawn them, just one occasionally.
    Here's a video of it unfolding.
    This is mostly the egg spawn code + too many tunnels but maybe you can help it?
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Short changelog this week.

CHANGELOG [29th of november 2015]
    o Completed detailing Generator (please report remaining greybox textures if you find them)
    o Detailing in both Shipping Tunnels rooms

Use "Texture Replace Tool" to select the grey texture. You will see all in 1 click.
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    CHANGELOG [13th of december 2015]
    o Fixed a bug where fades couldn't move through part of the Generator - DAT-1 vent
    o A little more detailing in western Shipping
    o Fixed a stuck point at the Shipping powernode
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    We need to get you on a caffeine bender to finish it off.
    You are so close!
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    indeed, he cant let me get 3 maps published before his first :D
  • DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hi, I would just like to point out you are currently in breach of our secret binding agreement to make unicorns canon in the NS2 universe. There is distinct lack of festive unicorn on caged and I do not like it one bit!
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    Hell yes!!!
    The map is finaly comming together!!!
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    wow the map is almost finished now surely
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    edited January 2016
    hopefully when u finish it we can see it as an official map.
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Oprdopt!

CHANGELOG [10th of january 2016]
    o Fixed floor sticking through the tech-point model in Generator
    o Slight occlusion geometry improvements in Generator
    o Various z-fighting and hole fixes
    o Some detailing in the junction between Auxiliary Generator, Shipping Tunnels and Access
    o Fixed reference to a non-existing texture
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2016
    hopefully when u finish it we can see it as an official map.
    SHHHHHHHHhhhhh....
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    Checking out Caged is the only thing that would make me reinstall NS2. Maybe when it's finished. I've checked logs and update screenshots from time to time and it looks good.

Any word on overall balance on Caged's latest versions ?
  • NaRcONaRcO Madrid Join Date: 2005-03-07 Member: 44219Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    trying the map with bots, the marines stuck in some areas. some way to fix it? looks like the bots doesn't know how to jump some objects. This is not important right now, just informing for the records :) and just in case caged finally comes as an official map ... :D
    I'll worry about bots at a later date. :D

Little fix today!

CHANGELOG [2nd of february 2016]
    o Fixed pathing issue that screwed up a lot of structure/cyst placement
    o Removed christmas pops from readyroom
    Not really new-build-worthy, but to avoid having the same small bugs pointed out again:

CHANGELOG [7th of february 2016]
    o Fixed various small holes and texture issues all around the map
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited February 2016
    Boom
    EQs72nO.jpg
    thank me later
    Dammit, now I'm going to have to add another "THX MV" next to a hole I won't ever fix. :tongue:

I'm kidding, I am starting Launchpad right now to fix that. :frowning:
    If this hole (although I didn't go through all the rooms again) is your only "issue" you're doing fine. I can't say the same thing of Derelict tbh.
    There are probably as few kinks in this build, because I can barely test the map locally due to a bug where NS2 often freezes when I launch a listen server.

CHANGELOG [14th of february 2016]
    o Moved Life Support 128 units to the east to prepare for detailing around that area
    o Changed the Life Support -> Central vent to suit the shift mentioned above
    o Fixed a very important hole in Stability (Thanks MauvaisVitrier :P)
    o Started detailing in Bypass
    edited February 2016
    Plugging holes for Valentine's Day, what a man this Flat guy. Smooth
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    o Moved Life Support 128 units to the east to prepare for detailing around that area

Does this mean the Onos Jump is out???
    edited February 2016
    Calego wrote: »

For now, but it will likely come back in when I detail that area more.
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Calego wrote: »

For now, but it will likely come back in when I detail that area more.

We'll need to give you an award for having the only map with a Parkour Route for the Onos.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    I gotta say, this map has the most beautiful vents in the game.

Also the rest of the map looks good too I guess. :wink: