Give Early Access Feedback to the Dev Team

Comments

• OakyOaky Canada Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205365Members
    edited June 2015
    Id like to give a suggestion but cannot find a suggestion thread on the forum. Some kind of local umbilical system for working around your base and sub would be amazing. Could be a degrading system made of fiber, and titanium wire (cuz why not) or something along those lines so it can stand up to the water crushing in on it.

Sort of like the air pipes but something you keep with you that degrades quicker the deeper you are, a surface floating version would be sweet too, the depth you can go dependent on the length that you make the umbilical.

Some kind of Hirogen (star trek voyager) mouth and nose mask for an adapter to make it be in the realm of some reality lol yada yada yada. Air tanks are awesome and all but even today we have solutions for underwater construction.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/images/3/39/Idrin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080423032502&path-prefix=en hirogen mask

Would tactile knives the kind with a spring loaded blade be to far out of your ideas for the game? I know a gun with bullets or lasers are a bit op but some form of long range would be awesome, and springs being added could be awesome for crafting down the road impact drills and such if you plan to add mining.

Loving your game. The fact that I can build my bases above the water and see them for km's away it lovely and awesome and I look forward to where you guys continue to go.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    When do you estimate Subnautica will no longer be on early access, and actually be as a "full" game, as in on a CD?
  • BrieyaBrieya Las Vegas, NV Join Date: 2015-06-12 Member: 205419Members
    I would love it if my fiance' and I could just play Subnautica together. We love team type games, even if they are on the small scale for just the two of us. He loves the pics I take and I keep screen sharing it on Skype for him, so he can feel like he's in the game with me.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    edited July 2015
    Fourth bunch of ideas :

•Naming the cyclops is really cool; why not do the same with the life pod and the seamoth ?
    •The map needs a sort of polar biome with ice caves, creatures and resources only found near ice
    •Whenever the seamoth, cyclops, escape pod or a base is almost out of power, white light all around could be replaced by dark red light to add more drama (for Awesomecrunch : https://youtube.com/watch?v=B1epB_KLO5U)
    •Depending on which biome a creature can be found, different creatures should see only certain colours of light (so for instance, creatures living in the kelp biome are very sensitive to green light, creatures living on the grassy plateaus have a sense of sight similar to ours, creatures living deep can't see red light...
    •Following the last idea, the flashlight and headlight on the seaglide could be upgraded using the workbench so that they produce a certain colour, depending on where the player is planning to go
    •I've heard that the developers are working on a sort of plantation that can be grown on reefbacks. That is an EXCELLENT idea, but remember that reefbacks move, so it'd be difficult to find the plantation again. The only way to easily find an area is to place a beacon close by, but beacons don't move; they just float in mid-water. So here's my idea : beacons can be upgraded using the workbench so that they actually stick to the belly of a reefback or other large animal. That way the player would never loose his/her plantations.
  • ArrowofGodArrowofGod asd Join Date: 2015-07-08 Member: 206063Members
    Some ideas from me:

- Add mod support, Im pretty sure that community would add some decent content
    - Some kind of decoys/nets would be a good idea to catch 1 or dozen of smaller or bigger fish
    - Hostile fish after being killed can be slashed into pieces of meat that will be cooked
    - Fabricator should slowly cook meat, in return a new craftable object should be added that is made just for cooking and gives better quality food and in general cooks faster
    - A lethal weapon, firing projectiles, with a possible option of aiming down the sights! Gun would fire in semi/auto modes, and in my opinion, it should fire bullets, not some kind of lasers/energy pulses etc... Reason for this, is half of the items are already powered by powercells, and Im not a fan of such idea. Reloadable, magazine can hold from 5 to 30 rounds, all rounds are craftable, different ammo types, craftable reddots (1 or 2 should be enough)
    http://www.lhbltd.com/files/products/org/1317645496t96Kw.jpg <- This would be a good gun base for subnautica I believe
    - Sleeping, its an optional activity, would give you some perks etc... Minecraft solved the sleep idea pretty nice
    - Weather! Rain, Storm, Clouds etc... Affects visibility and fish behaviour

• Shovel_FighterShovel_Fighter UWE PT Team Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202443Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited July 2015
    JCN wrote: »
    Suggestions
    Creatures
    More information about the different species of animals obtained by some form of scanning them
    Randomly Generated small insignificant fish to add more variety to the game
    Rare versions of different creatures that are more powerful
    Different colours of fish
    Bird fish, fish that fly or just birds
    Deep sea creatures with bioluminescence
    Gigantic sea whales that are their own biome
    Large groups of creatures that migrate around areas every so often
    Starfish, crab, etc like creatures
    Baby fish, eggs, nests (parents might be protective)

(...)
    More biomes
    Biomes mutated by radiation around the crash site and other special areas
    Different types of seaweed forests
    Things on the seafloor, shells, dead animals. etc
    Different colour variations
    Swampy areas
    Poisonous areas that would require different protective clothing
    Random terrain

like ur ideas ... because i thought about the same things too ^^
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2237063/#Comment_2237063

would love to see some color variations and unique "boss" fish

but some of the things u mentioned are already ingame!
    take a look at trello: https://trello.com/b/yxoJrFgP/subnautica
  • ErnieWErnieW tonasket WA Join Date: 2015-07-13 Member: 206134Members
    Ok ladies and gents, thank you for the game its been long time in coming since Aquanox. couple things i notice when playing,
    1. the screens in the subs aren't giving me any information. eye candy is nice but immersion in the game is better.
    2. the physics of the subs is slightly off pitch and yaw are missing and that makes getting into caves a bit of a challenge. an entrance that the moth will fit into in one orientation is somewhat hard to get into with out being able to orient the sub. I drove ROVs for a while and it took a bit of getting used to driving the subs in this game. not bad but an option.
    3. I play on a mid range comp and it would be nice to see this game mid range friendly. I dont get bad FPS but i am on the line.
    4. leaks leaks leaks and clipping somethings not tight with the world especially along the edges of the platoue (sp).
    5. reinforcement of the moths pressure hull would be nice. i like to have my air supply close at hand.
    6. a sonar read of the bottom would be a great help as i seem to spend much of my time trying to stay on the actual map. side scan or top scan either would be of value.

again great game and lots of fun, I would like a bigger world to explore but for now this cradle is good.
    respectfully
    Ernie
  • Shovel_FighterShovel_Fighter UWE PT Team Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202443Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited July 2015
    Updated older post: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2237063/#Comment_2237063

Hi, this i my idea how a "Research-Feature" could be implemented to the Game!
    a) first two Screens Show something like a camera, which allows u to scan/take Pictures of creatures/plant u aim on and give u some extra visual Feedback on Research-Progress and maybe known strength/weaknesses! (buff/debuff icons)
    if the creature/plant is unknown u get a visual cue (red border)
    b) the lower screen shows a basic example how the "Research-Log" may look like. listing all known Facts, Progress and so on.
    if u reach 100% Research-Progress u can "send" the log to Altera Corp to receive some nice bonuses/buffs connected to that creature/plant
    gp0mwm18evc8.jpg
    the idea is abot a) and b) working together. a) beeing the way how to gather intel and b) how to display it, what u learn from it and so on. like a ingame wiki of some sort.

Hi, this i my idea how a "Research-Feature" could be implemented to the Game!
    a) first two Screens Show something like a camera, which allows u to scan/take Pictures of creatures/plant u aim on and give u some extra visual Feedback on Research-Progress and maybe known strength/weaknesses! (buff/debuff icons)
    if the creature/plant is unknown u get a visual cue (red border)
    b) the lower screen shows a basic example how the "Research-Log" may look like. listing all known Facts, Progress and so on.
    if u reach 100% Research-Progress u can "send" the log to Altera Corp to receive some nice bonuses/buffs connected to that creature/plant
    gp0mwm18evc8.jpg
    the idea is abot a) and b) working together. a) beeing the way how to gather intel and b) how to display it, what u learn from it and so on. like a ingame wiki of some sort.

THIS IS AWESOME ! : it will pose a certain challenge to players trying to scan agressive animals, inform a lot about where these creatures cme from, what materials they give and what's their attitude changes... IT'S JUST A FUCKING AWESOME IDEA !
  • Capt.CrocketCapt.Crocket UK Join Date: 2015-07-28 Member: 206472Members
    Hey I think there should be re-spawning fish since after a while my game world just ends up as a ghost town and finding food becomes much less a fun little diversion to a chore.
    edited July 2015
    Fifth bunch of ideas :
    • Hull plates should be allowed to be put on the outside of the cyclops (for JackSepticEye (start at 7:28) :
    • I would like Rabitrays to be able to be put inside aquariums : I'm aware that the player can't pick rabbitrays up, but, judging from its size, it seems to be twice the size of a peeper/airsack/... So if the player can eventually pick it up and put it in the inventory and then in the aquarium, the animal should only take 2 or 4 spaces. I wouldn't want it to be edible though : to me it seems way too massive for a single meal, and eating one would feel like cheating. So please make it poisionous to the player or something.
    • Often, players do more than one "mission" or exploratin at a time, and they tend to forget to do some of them. It'd therefore be really cool to incorperate a sort of notepad onto which the player could type/write not only reminders, but also important or interesting observations made while playing. It's a sort of diary, I know.
    • Whenever players want to to a long trip (down to the deep-sea, for example) materials are rare and power will be lost very quickly because the only source of power available is the one coming from only six power cells, which is really not enough. It would therefore be a good idea to install solar pannels on the cyclops so that it'd charge at least when it's close enough to the surface; so that the rest of the time, when it's in deep water and sunlight is weak, the player must rely on the power of the power cell (again, for JackSepticEye (start at 22:33) :
    • I've already mentionned this (other people have), and I will mention it again (other people may have) : THE CREATURES DESPRATELY NEED TO VARY IN SIZE/SHAPE/COLOUR ! WHEN ARE YOU ACTUALLY GOING TO FIX ALL THESE ANIMALS THAT ALL LOOK LIKE CLONES ?!
  • solar71solar71 usa Join Date: 2015-06-06 Member: 205276Members
    Difficulty Sliders.

1) Damage Taken 50-200%
    2) Power Drain of Equipment 50-200%
    3) Power Drain of Craft 50-200%
    4) Oxygen consumption rate 50-200%
    5) Food consumption rate 50-200%
    6) Water consumption rate 50-200%
    7) Resource abundance 50-200%
    8) Resource requirements for recipes 50-200%

BAM, your already awesome game just got 200% more awesome sauce!!!

Thanks bye!
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Can anyone tell me if the game has a field of view option in yet? Been waiting to try the early access but stopping myself cause I have some motion sickness problem

Thanks in advance!
    y4q99q5ng200.jpg

"What about a Steam Limited Edition? Thats the the Subnautica Alterra Limited Edition!
    no... sorry it's just fake! but what if?"
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    this is my Alien-Suit or Endgame Suit i was thinking 'bout

I thought it would be a nice turnaround for the player, since this suit turns u from a stranger to a actual inhabitant of the alien planet.
    and the view trough the membran helmet lets u feel even more alien.

29c1olwdsmxo.jpg

it's supposed to be pretty much an endgame reward after anything else is done, so u can mess around and freeroam without limitations anymore!

Updated older post: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2237063/#Comment_2237063

Do you draw these yourself?
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members

Damn dude, you're pretty freakin good.
    They need to hire you on as like a concept artist.
    I keep getting severe lag whenever I go in or around a specific room in my seabase.

The only thing I can imagine it is, is my large amount of small lockers on the walls full of random crap.
    There's no windows, no active machinery, there's a fish tank but I've removed it and the lag was still there.
    Everywhere else in my base is perfectly fine until I get to within about 1 Corridor's distance from the storage room.
    Anyone else getting this?
  • IvanKeskaIvanKeska US Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207202Members
    I'd like it if we could have the animals spawn at all depths, thus in the kelp forest you can find stalkers near the surface as oppose to always near the bottom. That would just a bit more life to the world, because you would always run into sealife be it cruising the ocean floor or sailing on the surface.
    Plus this would make it a bit more scary to be in the ocean because now you would get that real sense of something always being around you if it above, below, or right infront of your eyes.

Also once you adds more lights in please make it darker as you go deeper, because right now you really never need a light source unless in a cave. So being down at like 400 meters popping flares so you can see only to throw one at a bone shark you couldn't see would be amazing and really would enhance the experience.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Silveressa wrote: »
    Perhaps just having the usage rate fall slower when not exerting oneself (I.e in using the seaglide or just floating in place) would help a bit too?

Want.
    If you think about it though, that actually makes sense. Maybe kind of a glide effect. Every second you exert yourself has a 10% increase to oxygen usage, up to double, then every second you're not reduces it by 10%, down to normal levels. If you think about it, people don't increase or decrease their breathing instantly, it happens over time.

• zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    I miss advanced power management:

Solar arrays are too cheap compared to nuclear power plants. 16 solar panels give me 800 power and vertical pipes can place them high. It only makes a difference for a base below 500 meters. But only a drilling station would need a deep power base, as the rest is done mobile with the cyclops, seamoth or exosuit. There is no real need to use other plants other than cosmetics and art style. Suggestion: Weaken the solar panels and give a reason for each power plant to need: Nuclear plants in deep arcitic zones, thermal plants in deep lava zones, bioplants in deep biozones and maybe a current plant in deep empty zones with high energy currents (all zones deeper than 400 meters - above solar use is better).

Air consumption in bases is at zero cost. No air pumping or oxygenators used and you get free air in bases. No power needed to pump out water from flooded bases and you can't flood a base on purpose. Suggestion: Bases have no air support but bases in shallow water can use air pipes. Deep bases need oxygenators to replace air based on power that continuosly gets drained. Flood pumps and a master console for a station.

Building with the constructor (Seamoth and Cyclops) is free of energy use. Every use of the small fabricator costs 10. Suggestion: Small objects need 10 energy, while body sized ones need 25 energy and big constructs like the Cyclops should need 2000 power for construction.

No cyclops recharging possibilities other than power modules. Suggestion: A cyclops docking array for recharge, repair and construction.

No nuclear plant meltdowns or radiation radius. So no need for a far away plant and building power tubes for connections. Suggestion: power lines/tubes to connect modules. Earthquakes or random incidents to create emergencies. Repairing radiation devices only possible with rad shielded exosuit. Power plant explosions creating shockwaves shattering base structures that haven't enough reinforcements.

• SGT_V1P3RSGT_V1P3R England Join Date: 2015-09-05 Member: 207749Members
    I feel like there needs to be more items to fill up your base with, Just simple things as well as some more machines like maybe a drone control which would allow the user to craft a drone and controller that you place down and it allows you to remotely access the seas. you could even give it a small inventory or have it made for refueling missions or repairing missions where there is too much radiation or dangerous creatures. Also I think that a Co-op is essential for this game to grow and I would definitely play this game more if I could swim with my friend and make bases, etc. More fragment parts would be cool and if you could find rare ones in the aurora then that would also mean there would be more of a reason to go there. Adding a machine that can attack while piloting would be awesome but I'm not sure if your exo-suit will do that since it's not implemented in the game yet! Also being able to craft the Cyclopse upgrade would be nice and also more upgrades as well as making the smaller machines upgradable like the SeaMoth and what you're doing to the SeaGlide.

Keep up the great work!!!
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Feedback for the usefulness of the new seamoth modules:

- Reinforcement: essential, as there are enough deeper biomes
    - Solar recharge: useful combined with weapon modules to recharge in no time, otherwise use moonpool recharge
    - Sonar: Good for finding caves
    - Extra Storage: no real need for it, but can ease collecting stuff
    - Electric Discharge: Right now on experimental biters and sharks are not killed, have to test reaper usefulness
    - Torpedos: need more testing
    - Detectors: Only for finding things that you can easily spot yourself. Useless if things aren't buried.

Remarks/Suggestions:

- Detectors should be adjustable to hidden resources and for the right type. Like for example a silver detector that pings louder when silver is near.
    - Maybe the extra storage is better used for transporting acid or radioactive resources that would drain health when carrying them.
    - The sonar should also detect giant sea creatures.
  • ChimpXChimpX Join Date: 2015-07-25 Member: 206391Members
    I'd really like to be able to toggle off the visual beacon pings. If you're anything like me, you have enough beacons in the water now to walk from the Aurora to the Floating Island without getting your feet wet.

But all that visual noise does impact the beauty of the environment; I'd like it to go away when I don't need it.

Thanks & keep it up - Subnautica is awesome.
  • P.KermanP.Kerman Join Date: 2015-09-16 Member: 207982Members
    I recently bought Subnautica and wanted to give you some feedback on it:
    The game definitely has a lot of potential and I am pretty happy with it so far but I have a few remarks and suggestions:

Controls:
    Not ejecting from your sub at the press of the right mouse button, it’s getting better but I still unseat myself by accident occasionally.
    Four more quick slots would be useful.

Gameplay:
    The biggest Issue I have so far is that upkeep takes up too much time. Meaning you need to gather food and water too often and you need to fabricate too many batteries and power cells. For food and water farming and a desalination plant might take care of this. For batteries and power cells though we really need rechargeable ones that don’t vanish once empty so you can recharge the batteries in your tools and especially the power cells of the Cyclops.
    The day-night cycle feels a too quick, thought I am not sure how much slower it would need to be. Maybe try doubling the time it takes and look how that works out?

Environment:
    In one word: MORE! But take your time with that, not using procedural creation was definitely the right decision as you have created a beautiful diverse landscape. Procedural creation just can’t compete and would end up being repetitive quickly. The only real suggestion I have here is to add fishes that roam above the deeper sections of the map the sea feels a bit empty there.

Base Building:

Ability to place bulkheads not just in player created corridor sections but also in the automatically created corridors between rooms.
    The ability to remove these automatically created corridors. The easiest way to do this would be to allow the placement of reinforcements, windows, etc. there and remove the corridors if they are placed (and not create them if they are already present).
    Placing observatories directly on top of vertical connectors and enter them from below with a ladder for perfect 360° observation.
    Placing vertical connectors on top of rooms.

Ships:
    I like adjusting my seamoth but it just feels like there are too few upgrade slots. Mainly because once you explore the deeper sections of the map 3 of the 4 upgrades you get are pressure compensators by necessity. I can think of two solutions (apart from just adding more slots which seems a bit boring) either the pressure upgrades use a different mechanism and no longer take up slots or a special deep sea sub.
    As nice as the cyclops is I really want to see this thing in game. And this one needs a periscope I don’t need torpedoes but a big sub like that isn’t complete without a periscope. Oh and don’t forget a top hatch and a sonar.

Diving suits:
    I would really like diving equipment with endurance and a helmet light. It shouldn’t last for hours like some real world diving suits but several minutes should be possible without filling up your inventory with tanks. I think it would be best to give tanks their own equipment slot and allow them to remember how full they are so you can stash emergency air somewhere. That would necessitate switching tanks if you carry more than one so you might need to increase their capacity to compensate. This would also allow for high pressure oxygen tanks that offer a much higher capacity but can only be filled with a compressor at a base or a big sub while the existing tanks are low pressure air tanks. Of course low pressure air tanks would not work for greater depths so you would need to upgrade your equipment. I kind of suspect you have something in that direction planned as the depth meter already turns yellow and red for the player at greater depths.
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    I am not sure if this is going in the correct area but here it goes.

I had an idea for a slight change in the way the cargo is held (once you get far enough in the game) and how the fabricator uses it as well as how you can get and use water, food, and how the power-packs are handled in the game.

1st we would need a few more parts (wall mountable and external modules to attach to the base).
    The parts are fabricator (we already have), sink, chair, cooker, bed, tool/equipment charger, base reserve power module, power-pack charger (keep the empty power-packs to re-use), water tank module, food storage module, supply module, bed, chair, computer console, and quarters module.

The wall mountable parts (like the sink, cooker, and advanced-fabricator) will only be able to connect to the wall where the external module that it uses is placed (sink = water tank, cooker = food storage, adv-fab = supply).

The exceptions to this are the chargers, chair, bed, and computer console.

The chair works like the bench just smaller and wall mounted.

The bed is a save/spawn point and when you lay on it - it will return some of your calorie use (up to 30% of max).

The computer console lets you view/ do stuff like top down view from air (when you build a sky drone [2 types 1st is battery only and lasts for 4 hours while 2nd is battery/solar combo and lasts for 20 hours]) to see whole map and where you are (but not what is under the water nor how deep you are and it can also link up to hud on the subs to show the location of each beacon you have placed) while other features are added according to the upgrades you have attached to the base.

The chargers are able to have power-packs, tools, or equipment placed on them to be recharged (this lets you keep the empty power packs instead of tossing/deleting them and recharge stuff like the seaglide and add a charge level to almost every tool/equipment).

Every external module will add something to the inside of the wall it is attached to for the item that connects to it to attach to and a port to add stuff to it and a screen or level display to show how full it is except the base reserve power module.

The only 2 modules that can be walked into are the base reserve power and the quarters. The quarters is just a smaller version of the square room. The power module is the same size and shape as the observation ball and made so it can hold up to 21 power-packs (this is so you can add/remove as many as you think your base needs to keep power on while sun is down). While the chargers only add power to the units that are in them the external base reserve power module can take power from the packs to power the base while the main source of power is out (like the sun being down for solar power).

Another thing I was looking at is the possibility of having an item called power cable added so you can run it (like using the dive real) from the source of power (like a thermal vent) to your base. It would be done so each cable is only 50-100m long and you have to build/place a cable junction box at the end (first is connecting to power source) to continue with the next cable (this will keep game balance).

For the solar upgrade on the seamoth I would do it so that if your not inside the sun can charge while as low as 25% (empty to full = 30min), if inside and not moving it has to be above 50% (empty to full = 25min), if inside and moving it has to be above 85% (empty to full = 20min), if sun is above 75% and your not inside it will charge empty to full in 15min. This allows you to drain it while in deeper water or if the sun is down.

Sorry about the wall of text. Please let me know if any of these are usable.
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    I also agree that we need more quick slots to make using stuff easier.