NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Mendasp wrote: »
    Did you enable the custom color? Do you have caster mode on?

custom colour is enabled (this one only changes the colour of my own position on the map) and caster mode is disabled

• MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    You need to give me more details. What's the problem? You can't change it how? You click and nothing happens? Does it happen with other custom colors?
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    well according to ns2+ the marine should be dark blue and alies should be red. I set them that way but they have default colours in game.
    dd85dfdca3.jpg
    86cc5dcc01.jpg
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Got it fixed, I'll push the update tomorrow.
    - Fixed edge case where alien colored text would be faded when using disabled viewmodels and cloaking.
    - Fixed minimap/commander highlight colors not being applied.
    - Fixed nameplates distance setting not taking effect.
    - Fixed vanilla bug where dropped weapon expire timers and respawn timers didn't work for Commanders.
    - Fixed vanilla bug where nameplates would still show in addition to the Insight frames in Overhead Spectator if the camera was close enough.
    - Updated spectator help text with updated drawing/clearing binds.
  • WellWell Join Date: 2006-10-04 Member: 58054Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mendasp, could u add separate option "Hide viewmodel for exo"?
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Any chance of a color palette for default crosshairs? Would really like to turn them white
    Blah blah updated for 276.

Blah blah.

I added an option to revert to the old broken scaling for the weirdos that liked it, it's the last option in the Misc tab. It will require a game restart or map change since the HUD is already set up if you change it ingame.
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    can you also implement a "mute all" function? It is really annoying if you spec a pub game and you hear everyone talking at the same time... and on servers like woozas for example it is hard work to mute them one by one
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mephilles wrote: »
    and on servers like woozas for example it is hard work to mute them one by one

Alt+F4 is good at muting when you join that server. :tongue:
    Mute all = lower voice volume to 0 :p
    edited October 2015
    but I want a shiny button :p (yeah ok just hope I don't forget to turn it back on though)
    - Added UI Scale slider.
  • GoldenGolden Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31169Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    @Mendasp I would like there to be less options please. Thanks.

-Your biggest fan
    Golden
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    I'm not sure if it's due to scaling, or if I just never noticed.

But I'm using the ns1 style health bars so they're peripheral. The jetpack fuel indicator is now overlapping that @ 1080p, so it's impossible to see without staring
    You're right, I've moved it a bit to the right, it'll be in the next update.
    This is a cryptic post to go with my last 2 weird tweets.

More to come.
  • GoldenGolden Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31169Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    You have a twitter?
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Golden wrote: »
    You have a twitter?

I do for now!
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    You can tell them that I finally convinced you to update NS2+ for classic mod, its not a big sekrat.
    xDragon wrote: »
    You can tell them that I finally convinced you to update NS2+ for classic mod, its not a big sekrat.

Why would I ever do that.

Dragon pls.
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sad to hear it @mendasp - but on the other hand, you've made exemplary work here. I wouldn't know what more to ask of you even if I wanted to.
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Mendasp wrote: »
    - Made empty Tech Points and Resource Nodes colored so they're easier to distinguish. Color is customizable. Available in HUD tab.

Note that this is the last version where anything new is introduced. I'm stopping all work on new features for the mod. The only thing I will do from this point forward is maintenance (ie. keeping the mod working between builds and fix any lua errors caused by NS2+). I can't rule out that I might work on this again in the future, but some things will have to change. So for now I only promise to keep it working, as that's the least I can do for you guys. I want to express my deep gratitude to everyone that has supported me through the years and years I've spent in this community and wish this wasn't necessary.

I do accept merge requests if anyone is inclined to work on new stuff, I will review and publish them as needed.

The news that have made me take this decision will be out soon (I hope) and you'll be able to decide for yourselves if I have good reason for this or not.

Mendasp is Credit to NS2 community! As not enough people have said, many thanks for all that you've done behind the scenes on NS2 work.
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Mendasp, you're a boss, and your work with the community is/was amazing.
    SantaClaws wrote: »
    Sad to hear it @mendasp - but on the other hand, you've made exemplary work here. I wouldn't know what more to ask of you even if I wanted to.

You should see all the notes I have for ideas I still wanted to implement!