NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited May 2015
    SupaFred wrote: »
    Is there a way to import the settings you've exported with plus_export? I keep getting all of my settings set to default when NS2 crashes (not due to NS2).

No, but you can make a backup of your NS2 settings (it also contains the NS2+ settings), which are in Steam\userdata\<yoursteamid>\4920\remote\options.xml
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Mendasp wrote: »
    No, but you can make a backup of your NS2 settings (it also contains the NS2+ settings), which are in Steam\userdata\<yoursteamid>\4920\remote\options.xml

Thanks, that works just as well.
  • ShadowSkulkererShadowSkulkerer Join Date: 2013-07-25 Member: 186383Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    So... This sounds dumb but I've been out for a little while and I can't figure out how to just increase all nameplate size.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    It's ok, nobody knows where any of the options actually are.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    If you mean the option to make fonts smaller in nameplates that's in the first tab near the top.
  • ShadowSkulkererShadowSkulkerer Join Date: 2013-07-25 Member: 186383Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I was more hoping to increase all font size... a good bit.
  • WellWell Join Date: 2006-10-04 Member: 58054Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2015
    Mendasp, is possible to do timer for "parasite" which shown for marineris in right down corner?
    Is possible for aliens to do timer for "parasite" which should change by color gradient?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Requesting feature to be able to enable player stats in the score board menu (tab button) as opposed to pressing X.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Looong shot, I know. But wondering how possible it'd be to have voice transmit vol control per teammate if wanted, as opposed to just a mute. Reason is sometimes I'll encounter a player w/ a very loud mic, but if I turn down voice recieve vol, then all normal voice comms are hard to hear.

Maybe not possible. I wouldn't know!
  • CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    And another idea:
    How about show which lifeforms which alien played (icon in front of nick?) and maybe how many time he played (when you hover it?) in the match stats?

in addition to this idea: show which weapon and how many time which marine played
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Also could you add an option to disable the score pop up for destroyed buildings? (I hate it when I fight an alien and a number pops up because I decysted a harvester back then)
    edited May 2015
    2cough wrote: »
    Looong shot, I know. But wondering how possible it'd be to have voice transmit vol control per teammate if wanted, as opposed to just a mute. Reason is sometimes I'll encounter a player w/ a very loud mic, but if I turn down voice recieve vol, then all normal voice comms are hard to hear.

Maybe not possible. I wouldn't know!
    Not possible from lua.
    Mephilles wrote: »
    Also could you add an option to disable the score pop up for destroyed buildings? (I hate it when I fight an alien and a number pops up because I decysted a harvester back then)
    Disable the assist popup. It's always been an option.

Also, it should be apparent from the lack of updates, but I'm not working on this right now.
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Is there anyway feature to either globally mute everyone(or even disable inbuilt text/voice chat) ie:can select everyone on your team, or mute everyone except for comm etc.

sort of like NS1's 

Voice_enable 0/1
    hud_saytext 0/1

I just want it to stop transmitting/receiving data to begin with, that or a separate mod, i don't want to receive data on those fronts. So pretty much i want it to stop VOIP/Text, not "hide" but actually remove etc.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited June 2015
    any way to add a 'parasites landed' stat for aliens? doesn't matter if it's total landed, or the per-life average. i feel like in public play many people do not understand their importance, that they're supposed to get a minimum of one per life, or that they are the second most important thing a skulk can do, but if they were to see

"Hey.. I only had 7 parasites that round but all these other people had 25" (i don't know how what number is realistic here, never counted)

they might be more inclined to work on it in the future. pretty sure this is already tracked for the accuracy, just a matter of adding a column for it.
  • WoehlerWoehler Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188684Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    any way to add a 'parasites landed' stat for aliens? doesn't matter if it's total landed, or the per-life average. i feel like in public play many people do not understand their importance, that they're supposed to get a minimum of one per life, or that they are the second most important thing a skulk can do, but if they were to see

"Hey.. I only had 7 parasites that round but all these other people had 25" (i don't know how what number is realistic here, never counted)

they might be more inclined to work on it in the future. pretty sure this is already tracked for the accuracy, just a matter of adding a column for it.
    Interesting idea. But on pubs I tend to just kill the marines instead of parasiting. But it's a valid point and could help out. Would be interested in tracking para per life. If it got implemented. 
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Same thing with RTs killed and damage done to RTs, it's pretty well represented by structure dmg, but could be better
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    on parasites, we sort of have this already.
    player damage, split by 10, there you go.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited June 2015
    DC_Darkling said:
    on parasites, we sort of have this already.
    player damage, split by 10, there you go.
    yeah of course, i'm talking about showing it publicly as a new column for the alien side however. edit: i tried really hard to make this not be quoteception, but for whatever reason these forums do not let you remove quotes.
    edited July 2015
    Well, it has always been on the back of my mind to add a CSGO style configurable crosshair, so you could choose if it's a dot (and its size), a cross (with configurable length, gap, width, etc), the color, the hit color and all that stuff. Then being able to choose if you want it to show for melee or not, and maybe different for marine and alien.

Because I don't know how much a bunch of crosshairs from the workshop would work for people.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    If needed, you can use my crosshairs in ns2+ though.
    No need to ask in the future.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited July 2015
    well I think the most generic crosshairs that people use are 1, 2 and 4
    cross_preview.png
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    "do timer for "parasite" which shown for marines is in right down corner?" I'm guessing yes, that is a variable and that variable can be translated into screen play, personally: some uncertainty, even in a competitive game, makes for much more interesting play than a purely perfect information game. If you knew everything about your opponents play, they probably couldn't defeat you. I know you are suggesting that both teams get this information, it just seems a little too much in relying on information without yourself having to turn data into information.

Examples: Golf (almost all of it), Tennis players being better on grass or clay respectively, a Rugby ball being oval ... all add uncertainty to a game that incredibly proficient people play.

That being said, I hate golf, give me more information :wink:
    - Removed NS2Stats button from End Game Stats and Scoreboard as the service is unavailable.
    - Removed changelog from ingame menu as noone seemed to even notice that it was different from the main menu one and proceeded to ignore it.
    - Added a toggle for the custom killfeed highlight color and the minimap arrow color to avoid certain instances of the setting getting reset to black.
    - Added toggle for the new overhead camera smoothing. Available in Misc. tab.
    - Added missing Derelict loading screens.
    - Fixed armor value not showing up for Exos with hidden viewmodels.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sad. I liked end game stats.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Nordic wrote: »
    Sad. I liked end game stats.

Think he just means the ns2stats bit.
    my minimap player colours are set on default and I can't change them
    Did you enable the custom color? Do you have caster mode on?
  • WellWell Join Date: 2006-10-04 Member: 58054Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Annoying flicker percent of health (exp Hive build: 49%-50%-49%-50%-49%) - its the bug? NS2+ bug?