NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• RobbyRobby Sweden Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159687Members
    Mendasp wrote: »
    Robby wrote: »
    Awesome work, Mendasp!

I'd like to suggest availability to toggle health bars on while spectating in free roaming camera mode, so viewers don't lose out on this information when casters are filming such a moment. I've search the forum and can't find anything about this.
    In the nameplates option, if you use the percentages option, the HP/AP values show up all the time.

Edit: I'm also making it so you can toggle them on/off pressing E like the numbers for Insight.

Oh yeah, nice! I was hoping there was something i had missed! ;) Could you maybe add a slider for their range? Not super important, but they seem a little short? During larger engagements players the furthest from the camera may lose this info.

By the way, i already have the E key set for another purpose. Will you be able to add a hotkey setting so we can change the key for the insight info?
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    I meant the Use key, I just went on autopilot while typing and used my bind instead of saying that it's the use key :P
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    I'll give you an awesome once it's live and working fine. :p
  • RobbyRobby Sweden Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159687Members
    Fantastic! You are the king, Mendasp!
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited April 2015
    Just released another update to fix the Use key not working on Overhead spectator and increased the penalty for spamming name changes. Also, you can now use "unbind" to unbind a bind so you don't have to remember "clear_binding" anymore!
  • WellWell Join Date: 2006-10-04 Member: 58054Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    * What about tooltips for a headers a sorting columns of end game statistic (damage, play time, biuld time and e.t.c) and my a sorting saving in game client for this columns?

* Need remake buildings/upgrades timestamps in end-game statistic. Current realization is not useful because marines and aliens timestamps is separated. This data should be in one graph like in ns2stats. You can make it vertical.

More vitalization. More graphical tooltips for NS2+ options. :)
  • CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited April 2015
    Is it possible to make an option that allows to increase or decrease distance on which nameplates appears? I'm interested because would like to know how many HP/AP has enemy structure/alien egg at long range. This will let me to do a right decision-making on time.
  • WellWell Join Date: 2006-10-04 Member: 58054Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Is it possible to make an option that allows to increase or decrease distance on which nameplates appears? I'm interested because would like to know how many HP/AP has enemy structure/alien egg at long range. This will let me to do a right decision-making on time.
    Need make max distance of visibility for all objects (structures, enemy, dropped weapons, grenades and e.t.c). For balance do it visible if it see your allies.
    When you are done indicator for research progress the Kharaa abilities on the map?
  • WoehlerWoehler Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188684Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    You can have different sensitivities for marines and aliens. So would it also be possible to set a different sensitivity for commanding?
    I personally prefer a really, really slow mouse as marine commander for giving precise medpacks.
    Woehler wrote: »
    You can have different sensitivities for marines and aliens. So would it also be possible to set a different sensitivity for commanding?
    I personally prefer a really, really slow mouse as marine commander for giving precise medpacks.
    Commander uses Windows sensitivity, I can't change that from lua AFAIK.
  • WoehlerWoehler Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188684Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Oh. Good to know though. Can probably change my sensitivities around then and end up with a good result.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Oh. Good to know though. Can probably change my sensitivities around then and end up with a good result.

Either that or adjust your dpi settings on your mouse if you have one that can be changed.
    - Grouped personal stats in End Stats UI in differentiated blocks per team (Commander, Alien, Marine).
    - Added NS2+ version number to the top left with the NS2 build.
    - Removed Mine "deaths" from the Tech Log.
    - Removed redundant "Advanced Weaponry" entry in the Tech Log (shows with Advanced Armory research).
    - Fixed script error in Insight spectator player frames.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited May 2015
    is it possible to show the detailed player endgame stats (like shotgun accuracy, LMG accuracy and stuff) for other player except yourself when you click on their name in the teamlist after the game?
    My crosshair is different from playing on servers with NS2+ to servers without.
    On servers without the mod it chooses the corsshair I have installed in the mods menu. But on servers with the mod it persist to use my old crosshair. Any idea why?
    edited May 2015
    On servers without the mod it chooses the corsshair I have installed in the mods menu. But on servers with the mod it persist to use my old crosshair. Any idea why?

I'm not doing anything to the crosshair texture, so unless the server is not whitelisting crosshair mods or your crosshair mod isn't being mounted properly (which you can check in console while loading), I have no idea, but I doubt it's NS2+ related.
  • NotPaLaGiNotPaLaGi Join Date: 2014-05-29 Member: 196291Members

I'm not doing anything to the crosshair texture, so unless the server is not whitelisting crosshair mods or your crosshair mod isn't being mounted properly (which you can check in console while loading), I have no idea, but I doubt it's NS2+ related.

I think a lot of people have this problem, including myself with a new crosshair.

@Woehler, I found that if you deactivate NS2+ and join a server, it will load the crosshair fine. Then you can leave the server, reactivate NS2+, and the crosshair stays working. I always assumed it was a mounting problem by NS2+ interfering with the initial downloading of a new mod or something.
    edited May 2015
    Also, a bug with NS2+ I found that if I change resolutions in game, I will lose the "Crosshair Scale" option in the HUD tab as well as maybe some other options on the bottom of that tab too. Not really a big deal but just a heads up.

Edit: Ya seem to lose everything below "KillFeed Color" option.
    Yeah, the menu being a different length on res change comes from vanilla being "special" with forms after resolution changes. I can look into it.

The crosshair thing... when did it start happening? This last NS2+ version or the last NS2 patch? It does sound more like a mod mounting problem from the engine side, though.
    I'm fuzzy on release dates for both, but I would estimate maybe a couple months (shortly after that supposed "steam sale not causing mods to download" debacle). I remember playing a gather and someone couldn't get their crosshair to load and I think it was @loMe that referred to the "NS2+ crosshair bug" so I honestly thought it was a known thing. You might want to ask around, I'm sure others can give you more concrete info.
  • CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I had a crosshair bug after regular CDT's build. I don't remember exactly when but maybe 2 builds ago. I remember that that new bug appeared with the other bug with "exo_crosshair.dds" file. Only solution I found then was to replace vanilla's gamefiles with mod's .dds. I know that many russians suffered from that issiue and I advised them to replace gamefiles. Some time later (maybe after two months) crosshair bug gone as well as appeared for me. But as I know many people still have such problem. Didn't know it can be NS2+ related. Anyway, it wasn't when I used gamefiles replace.
    It can't be caused by NS2+, it seems like a mod mounting problem.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2015
    It can't be caused by NS2+, it seems like a mod mounting problem.

Getting logs (running ns2 with verbose 3) from ppl with the issue would be helpful anyway ;)
  • corundcorund Siberia Join Date: 2015-04-13 Member: 203372Members
    edited May 2015
    Hello!
    Can you add to kill messages (top-right of the screen) an icon showing what alien lifeform was killed? And probably additional line showing what items marine dropped after death.
    With this change there will be no need to shout: "I killed Onos!" or "I killed guy with Grenade laucher and mines!" Everybody will get that information from kill message itself.

Examples

onos killed
    923f6991931a48fcf809bd383b6cf1cd.png

dropped 2 mines and GL
    4b95594684c1180339dcce2cd43033d8.png

Sorry for my drawing skills.
    edited May 2015
    corund wrote: »
    Hello!
    Can you add to kill messages (top-right of the screen) an icon showing what alien lifeform was killed? And probably additional line showing what items marine dropped after death.
    With this change there will be no need to shout: "I killed Onos!" or "I killed guy with Grenade laucher and mines!" Everybody will get that information from kill message itself.

Examples

onos killed
    923f6991931a48fcf809bd383b6cf1cd.png

dropped 2 mines and GL
    4b95594684c1180339dcce2cd43033d8.png

Sorry for my drawing skills.

I can do the first one, the second one seems like it could end up in spam and it's not super useful info.

Also about the crosshair bug:
    NotPaLaGi wrote: »
    @Woehler, I found that if you deactivate NS2+ and join a server, it will load the crosshair fine. Then you can leave the server, reactivate NS2+, and the crosshair stays working. I always assumed it was a mounting problem by NS2+ interfering with the initial downloading of a new mod or something.
    It seems if you join a server with any mod mounted that the server is also running it won't load the rest of the mods you have mounted from the client-side... I tried this starting a dedicated server with my crosshair, when I join, my hitsound mod doesn't get loaded. Same applies in reverse.

You can use this to have the options and such in the main menu and the server browser stuff without the bug happening, as it's a different mod.
    It seems if you join a server with any mod mounted that the server is also running it won't load the rest of the mods you have mounted from the client-side... I tried this starting a dedicated server with my crosshair, when I join, my hitsound mod doesn't get loaded. Same applies in reverse.

You can use this to have the options and such in the main menu and the server browser stuff without the bug happening, as it's a different mod.

Sounds like you figured out the issue. Thanks for the link to the other mod as I like to be able to see if the server is running NS2+ in the server browser.

• SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Is there a way to import the settings you've exported with plus_export? I keep getting all of my settings set to default when NS2 crashes (not due to NS2).