NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited January 2015
    - Fixed Average/Total stats being covered up for Marines.
    - Fixed Average/Total stats only showing NaN%.
    - Fixed cursor disappearing when looking at the stats as a Spectator.
    - Fixed not being able to bring up the stats mid-round as Spectator.
    - Fixed script error when killing an Exo with Bilebomb.
    - Fixed cursor still being visible after logging out of the CC after seeing the stats UI.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    - Fixed bug where opening/closing the scoreboard would reset the HUD.
    - Changed the way the stats were sorted from Accuracy first to Kills first.
    - Improved readability of the stats UI on resolutions lower than 1920x1080.
    - Added ability to check the player profiles from the stats UI.
    - Made the stats UI show on top of the rest of the UI.
    - Fixed problems with the cursor staying on screen after seeing the stats UI.
  • GameOverGameOver Germany Join Date: 2003-10-15 Member: 21700Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I had this bug twice since the stats summary window has been implemented:

Cursor doesn't disappear after closing stats window. Open and closing that window again doesn't fix the problem. Disconnecting or map change make the cursor disappear.

I can't repoduce it yet.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    GameOver wrote: »
    I had this bug twice since the stats summary window has been implemented:

Cursor doesn't disappear after closing stats window. Open and closing that window again doesn't fix the problem. Disconnecting or map change make the cursor disappear.

I can't repoduce it yet.

He's been told and it'll be fixed with the next update. You don't need to reconnect or changemap though, I found a temporary solution. Go to Spectator, then go on free camera and get back to the game. It should be working again.
    As far as I understand, it occurs if you open the stats before NS2+ displays them automatically.
  • SkogsMulleSkogsMulle Join Date: 2013-02-10 Member: 182968Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I am lately getting pretty annoyed with seeing blood from client when you don't hit server side, is there a way to simply REMOVE blood totally to stop being teased by it, or to just make blood on server side hit instead?
    Am I able to actually just trash all my blood files on my side or will it be denied by checks?
    edited February 2015
    If you really really want that, removing the blood effects that are predicted is easy, but you won't see the blood of the targets you shoot, I'd have to look into that (server-side blood for your own hits). The server doesn't send you that blood because it assumes you predicted it already.

In case it wasn't clear from the wording, the blood from the hits that your teammates are doing will still be displayed, it's just your own that won't be shown.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    wait...Mendasp can remove ghost-blood and make it so only real-blood shows!?!?

Superhero Mendasp confirmed.
    - Added a way for server operators to disable showing the team stats section of the end game stats. Servers can toggle it with "sv_plus endstatsteambreakdown true/false" in console or modifying NS2PlusServerConfig.json.
    - Adjusted stats UI colors and added a few sounds.
    - Changed stats UI so it only shows up when tapping the request key instead of whenever it was released.
    - Reworked average skill display so it looks more integrated with the scoreboard.
    - Fixed bug with the profile option in the stats menu where it wouldn't react when clicking.
  • WellWell Join Date: 2006-10-04 Member: 58054Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Can U show personal stats first before players stat? May be optional.
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well wrote: »
    Oh yes. Fuck the rest. This game is about ME and MY STATS. :))
    Seriously though, it would be really nice. Especially if they could take up less space.
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    @Mendasp Could you make the UI smaller? I play at 2560*1440 and I still have to scroll down to see all the stats.
  • YOLOYOLO Germany Join Date: 2014-05-13 Member: 196018Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    d1EeId4iUE1M.jpg

Hey,
    this bug occured after a reset vote. We had won the game but the game was resetted before we could enter the RR. New round started and the scrolling-bar (?) appeared. Causing the players encountering this bug not being able to shoot/attack with any weapon. Only solution to fix it was going to RR, opening the scoreboard and closing it in the RR, then rejoining the team.

edited February 2015
    SupaFred wrote: »
    @Mendasp Could you make the UI smaller? I play at 2560*1440 and I still have to scroll down to see all the stats.
    It's already smaller than at < 1920x1080. You have to think that it looks the same scale across all resolutions.
    Benson wrote: »
    wait...Mendasp can remove ghost-blood and make it so only real-blood shows!?!?

Superhero Mendasp confirmed.
    I just finished this and tested it, seems to work correctly, it was fairly easy.
    I'll look into it.
    YOLO wrote: »
    Hey,
    this bug occured after a reset vote. We had won the game but the game was resetted before we could enter the RR. New round started and the scrolling-bar (?) appeared. Causing the players encountering this bug not being able to shoot/attack with any weapon. Only solution to fix it was going to RR, opening the scoreboard and closing it in the RR, then rejoining the team.
    Got it. When I update NS2+ it will be fixed.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    YOLO wrote: »

Hey,

You can avoid that bug by disabling the game stats UI until this is fixed (in NS2+/MISC)

• SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Could you add the ability to disable auto-switch to new weapon (and equipment)? So e.g. if I'm reloading my shotgun while buying a welder it won't switch to the welder or when you have dropped the rifle so you can run quicker with your pistol out to get an (empty) SG and it switches to the SG and gives the hiding skulk time to kill you (because you have to switch back to pistol).

Kind of related is that if you're reloading your weapon and buy a jetpack the game will cycle to your weapon again, halting the reload.
    I think I can do the armory thing, it actually doesn't switch to mines already, apparently, but it chooses to switch to the welder. On the other hand, when you get a jetpack, as far as I remember your player actually gets destroyed and recreated, so that's why the weapon redeploys.
    edited February 2015
    Mendasp wrote: »
    I think I can do the armory thing, it actually doesn't switch to mines already, apparently, but it chooses to switch to the welder. On the other hand, when you get a jetpack, as far as I remember your player actually gets destroyed and recreated, so that's why the weapon redeploys.

Anything you can do to improve the situation would be greatly appreciated! :D

Edit: Oh, and one more thing. If you try to log out after the round is over you can't see your mouse cursor. I think it might be related to the new stats display.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited February 2015
    just a random idea: how about adding little health bars for group selections symbols for the commander (CTRL + 1 group for example). So the commander can have a better overview about certain buildings or field players
  • WellWell Join Date: 2006-10-04 Member: 58054Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think what a clogs counter should be useful for Gorge. May be show it in screen center when clogs selected for dropping?
    Аnd one more request - could U add tech research data(like as for spectators - icons of
    researched and open technologies) on map. I often use map and I do not want press J key to see that shotgun is researched. If it info will be shown on map may be it will be more useful.
    Oh, yes, its may be optional and it for marines.
    - Fixed expiration bar being visible for items without an expiration time.
    - Fixed mouse cursor disappearing for Commanders on round end.
    - Added ability to sort by columns in the stats UI.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2015
    o3cjbBp.png

Just a suggestion, but would it be possible for you to add a variation to the expiration bar to fit inside the item icon with the timer counting down in a counter-clockwise fashion?

I think it would meld better with the interface and would be less obstructive than the floating bars.

Sometimes happens interesting games and we discuss them in RR. It may be worth to expand the game statistics displays the basic information about the lost life forms, buildings, hives, CCs, exos, total res for both teams etc. And adding info technological development over time. May be necessary to add an extra tab to the existing statistics?
    May be add moving info like in Evolve game?
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Well - you mean like ns2stats?
  • WoehlerWoehler Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188684Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Аnd one more request - could U add tech research data(like as for spectators - icons of
    researched and open technologies) on map. I often use map and I do not want press J key to see that shotgun is researched. If it info will be shown on map may be it will be more useful.
    Oh, yes, its may be optional and it for marines.
    Not sure if this would be the solution. But I defiantly feel that it could be improved.
    When I join a game late I have to look at 3 things. Map control, tech and time. And that require 3 different screens. Merging some of that could defiantly be helpful.
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2015
    Some times as a gorge I need see buildings health on the map.
    Would be great if it will look like in the screenshot.
    N0jyijg.jpg?1

Please put large images behind spoiler tags for our mobile users. Thanks! -Decoy