NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    So it WAS you.. I knew I was blaming the correct person!
    I must say the scoreboard just looks cramped. Its harder to pull out any info if its so cramped on just a glance.

Kudo's for trying to make it scale on resolution.
    Sort of unrelated I am still wondering to this day why ns2 even HAS that low resolution as you can pretty much do nothing in it.

* menu is a joke.
    * comm menus, well.. did you see the comm interfaces on minimal resolution? hahaha
    * I strongly wonder how this would affect hitbox accuracy as everything is lower quality.

Just my 2 cents :D
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    So it WAS you.. I knew I was blaming the correct person!
    I must say the scoreboard just looks cramped. Its harder to pull out any info if its so cramped on just a glance.

Kudo's for trying to make it scale on resolution.
    Sort of unrelated I am still wondering to this day why ns2 even HAS that low resolution as you can pretty much do nothing in it.

* menu is a joke.
    * comm menus, well.. did you see the comm interfaces on minimal resolution? hahaha
    * I strongly wonder how this would affect hitbox accuracy as everything is lower quality.

Just my 2 cents :D

Ns2 is such appeal that some would rather play at that low resolution than not play. I have seen a few threads about people playing with low resolution. Twice now I have been without a real gpu so I played on intel hd3000. I had to lower the resolution to 640/480 for 30fps. I just gorged but I got my ns2 fix.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Holy crap, "this two updates per day" business is amazing! Keep up the good work Mendasp. :D
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    Holy crap, "this two updates per day" business is amazing! Keep up the good work Mendasp. :D
    NS2+ update rate is actually only limited by Mendasp's consideration for the server ops (since when it updates it prevent people from joining the server until after a map change), not his ability to work speedily. :)
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I actually would request LESS updates, regardless how much awesome the work is.
    Its nsl season and all the lovely updated tend to force mapchanges on a regular basis. And last we need is someone not being able to reconnect due to another mod update on a official match.

Hasn't happened yet so far I know, but still. :D
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    I actually would request LESS updates, regardless how much awesome the work is.
    Its nsl season and all the lovely updated tend to force mapchanges on a regular basis. And last we need is someone not being able to reconnect due to another mod update on a official match.

Hasn't happened yet so far I know, but still. :D

I tend to publish updates in the early afternoon in europe to avoid ruining matches for that exact reason.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited November 2014
    can you add an option to lower the volume of ingame voices? With that I don't mean voices of other players, I mean voices like "base is under attack", "new trait available" or "objective completed".
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Mendasp wrote: »
    - Added server option to display player skill pre-game on the scoreboard. Servers can enable it by typing "sv_plus showplayerskill true" in console or modifying NS2PlusServerConfig.json.
    [Shine]Extra Plugins' Pregame+ makes the skill disappear as though there was a game going. My best guess is that it fools NS2+ the same way it fools the server into having players take damage and such without a game going.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited November 2014
    Well, technically pregame+ starts the game (sets the game state to started). I'll try to sort this.

Edit: Got it, I'll release it tomorrow.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Looks great.

I just can not get over terrible and obnoxious color choice! :p:)
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    the steam profile button will be really helpful in captain servers. people use too many aliases and end up throwing everything off.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2014
    That looks fantastic, keep up the good work, always found it hard to work out whos who on friendslist, specially if they have a different alias!
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    the steam profile button will be really helpful in captain servers. people use too many aliases and end up throwing everything off.

Shut up turts. Don't ruin my extremely intricate and well thought out smurf tactics. Kthnx.
    Addressed the ugly colors!

9pz6nRQ.png

Are those the new commander highlight colors too?
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Fucking mendasp ruining smurfs now for ns2?!

dec 5th 2014: Mendasp officially deds ns2. ggwp
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2014
    I have everything ready, including the persistent muting (finally settled on 6 hours), but I want to make the scoreboard changes a bit more modding friendly and then I can release it. So that might happen during the next week (monday? tuesday?).

Edit: Clarified wording :<

Hey @Mendasp‌ , would you know if this could be interegrated into SHINE, like old goldsrc amx commands amx_gag, would be handy for server admins aswell as players, maybe I can dissect @GhoulofGSG9‌ brain about this :)
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2014
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    I have everything ready, including the persistent muting (finally settled on 6 hours), but I want to make the scoreboard changes a bit more modding friendly and then I can release it. So that might happen during the next week (monday? tuesday?).

Edit: Clarified wording :<

Hey @Mendasp‌ , would you know if this could be interegrated into SHINE, like old goldsrc amx commands amx_gag, would be handy for server admins aswell as players, maybe I can dissect @GhoulofGSG9‌ brain about this :)

Mendasp is completely right sh_gag is available in shine since a long while and is exactly doing what you requested. Details: https://github.com/Person8880/Shine/wiki/Base-Commands#commands

What mendasp now added to ns2+ is the client sided part of this that allows you to mute players for yourself. sh_gag mutes them server-wide ;)

BTW mainly used commands in shine which are handy as admin are sh_help and sh_menu :P
  • profallprofall Join Date: 2005-08-02 Member: 57354Members
    edited December 2014
    Is Steam Workshop having issues right now? I tried restarting my server and what not, no new NS2+ features yet. I have "modupdater": true, in the NS2PlusServerConfig.json.
    hawk6 wrote: »
    Is Steam Workshop having issues right now? I tried restarting my server and what not, no new NS2+ features yet. I have "modupdater": true, in the NS2PlusServerConfig.json.

What new features do you not see?
  • WakelaggerWakelagger Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 170906Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    If you need help figuring out some more "Ridiculous Fake Name"'s, I am sure @joshhh has a few that you could borrow.