Build 268 Live on Steam - Natural Selection 2

15678911»

Comments

• soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Slorrin wrote: »
    Since this update, it now takes 15+ minutes to pracache. It went from about 1 minute to 15+. I used to be first to load a new map and be in the ready room, now I'm always last. WTF. please rollback to 267... that seems to be the consensus online...

Progress leaves some behind.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    my loadtimes are almost 0 now.....sorry for your problems
  • KKyleKKyle Michigan Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55067Members
    No mention of umbra? I heard it crashes people. I've had maybe three crashes this patch and one of them I specifically remember an orange umbra. These crashes consist of a red ethernet icon appearing on the left, followed by lag/rubberbanding, then suddenly all structures remove from the map. I can still hear microphones and chatter but after a while the game freezes with an error/dump report.. and proceeds to crash during "Sending".

Could just be the physx I activated with my brand new msi geforce gtx 760.. ?
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    I crash randomly like in the good old 32bit times. Use the armory - crash, go onos - crash, shoot as an Exo - crash. In addition to the often appearing server crashes...I am once again tempted to move on. I didn't buy a new pc for this. But since you already have a hotfix...
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    KKyle wrote: »
    No mention of umbra? I heard it crashes people.
    Also fixed for 269.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2014
    Benson wrote: »
    Ironhorse is very protective of his lerks lol

That's because they are the "flying paper aeroplanes of death".
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Benson wrote: »
    Ironhorse is very protective of his lerks lol

If so, then why does @ironhorse die from mines and grenades as often as I do? Or am I mistaken in this @ironhorse?
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    The Mine/Lerk combination is no laughing matter, thank you very much.

In other news, having declared myself better off this patch, I had some horrendous reg last night on the Paris onFire hosted NSL Match server. Shotgun rounds not doing any damage at point blank (2 shots, no damage vs a 2 skulk target... very odd), and numerous other reg issues. Others were complaining too and Crazy was lagging like a laggy thing, so I *assume* it was the server and net conditions rather than the build, but this is only an assumption and might not be accurate.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited September 2014
    I killed a skulk yesterday with a pistol shot that apparently did "0" damage, hahahah. Wish I had got it on film so I can be sure I wasnt hallucinating :P

Is there any particular reason my FPS might have taken a big hit since the last patch?
    I used to get the hitches, but my fps would only drop below 60 in the late game. Nowadays by the time fades come out I'm getting 40-50 fps in a lot of engagements (and it is engagements, I can be fine until I go in for a bite and then all of a sudden im at 40 fps and cant hit a thing). Multithreaded physics off btw.
    Is this the previously existing hitching but smoothed out? If its expected I wouldnt worry about it, I'm just interested :)
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    When is 269 due and a preview of the changes because to be fair, I'm struggling to enjoy 268 especially as alien. Sorry. X_X
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    "Very soon"; I'm still at PAX so I'm slightly out of the loop, but from glancing at internal chat logs it's looking pretty close.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    MuckyMcFly wrote: »
    When is 269 due and a preview of the changes because to be fair, I'm struggling to enjoy 268 especially as alien. Sorry. X_X

https://trello.com/b/91ApENY6/ns2-cdt-development-tracker
    Looks like this week, or more probably next week but I am no CDT.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Since this update, it now takes 15+ minutes to pracache. It went from about 1 minute to 15+. I used to be first to load a new map and be in the ready room, now I'm always last. WTF. please rollback to 267... that seems to be the consensus online...

I think you're exaggerating a little bit there... I mean... I've got ridiculously long load times now, but that's 5 minutes tops.
  • SlorrinSlorrin Join Date: 2013-03-01 Member: 183517Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

I think you're exaggerating a little bit there... I mean... I've got ridiculously long load times now, but that's 5 minutes tops.

I wish I were kidding. Often it's over 10 minutes, and then the only way to ever enter the game is to quit and re-start. I've sat there more than once, watched the game precache on say Summit, and then when the server changes maps, I suddenly have to recache all over again on, say ,Veil. Never having joined the game.

Changing maps in general, I'm now always the last person in ready room. I was always 1st or 2nd before.

The increase in precache time is... annoying.... but honestly, I can't be the only one whose experienced a sudden and insanely high increase in load times...
  • SlorrinSlorrin Join Date: 2013-03-01 Member: 183517Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Also, i hvae looked for but can't find a list of proposed changes/fixes for 269... Somehow I think they'll continue their intentional destruction of everything fun about NS2. and their attempts to make the game less fun for newbs...
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @Slorrin‌
    Two posts above yours is a link posted ^

Also, if you have any suggestions to politely deliver we'd love to hear them and/or engage in discussion :)
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @Slorrin‌
    Two posts above yours is a link posted ^

Also, if you have any suggestions to politely deliver we'd love to hear them and/or engage in discussion :)

@IronHorse you are a true champion of the game sir.
    edited September 2014
    Trello's fixes to be tested are gone... You know what that means.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    They're broken again?
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    They went back in time and fixed the bugs before they ever existed!!!! :O