NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• PolskaKielbasaPolskaKielbasa Join Date: 2013-09-06 Member: 187917Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Mendasp, could you add option "alien vision always on" to your mod ?

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2172182/#Comment_2172182

Just replace:
    if (amount == 0) {
        return inputPixel;
    }

with:
    if (amount > 0) {
        return inputPixel;
    }

• MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited March 2014
    Well, if I added an option I can't really do it modifying the shader files (I mean, technically I can force them on or off by default, but not an option). But it's easy enough to do in the game code, so I'll add it at some point.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2014
    Dear Mendasp,

We also request an option to force AV on by default. (for huze's minimal av)

Much love,
    Team Titus

P.S. and if that fails, we will go after Huze with pitchforks and fire.
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I want Huze's minimal AV on as the standard then the old vision for when its dark. My life would then be complete.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    I shall add this AV default state option soon, and right after that then enter a horrible phase of changes that only I will appreciate. I was thinking of adding a new menu entry that opens a new options menu only for CHUD options... so I could stop cluttering the General tab... and I could organize my own crap easily. Also rewriting how I add new options so it's easier and I don't have to check in like 3 places for the same stuff.

And after that I want to extend the stats to commanders and such.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I'd like a new button on the main menu that goes straight to chud options and bypasses the entire regular options menu
    ezekel wrote: »
    I'd like a new button on the main menu that goes straight to chud options and bypasses the entire regular options menu

Isn't that exactly what I said? Did I word it that badly? :(
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    edited March 2014
    What's the chances of invisible gun models=) i'm prepared to be let down.
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    nezz wrote: »
    What's the chances of invisible gun models=) i'm prepared to be let down.
    Soak in thy disappointment.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2014
    Btw, cause the gametype "chud" servers didnt send data to hive anymore.

Edit: Seems they still send the data.
    edited March 2014
    dePARA wrote: »
    Btw, cause the gametype "chud" servers didnt send data to hive anymore.

Edit: Seems they still send the data.

Well, I'm not modifying the gametype, I'm only looking for the server tag and renaming the game name in the server browser, if you don't have the mod running you'll see the servers as "ns2" still. Just a cosmetic client-side thing, nothing server-side! So it works the same as always in regards to Hive.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Mendasp wrote: »
    ezekel wrote: »

Isn't that exactly what I said? Did I word it that badly? :(

yes, yes you did
    terrible person

Thanks for the update
    - Reworked options system (internal). Console commands have changed. This has exposed some options that used to be only console commands. Type chud in console for help.
    - You can now toggle map particles separate from minimal particles.
    - Added new menu entry "Custom HUD" for the mod options, it has 3 tabs, Visual, HUD, Map.
    - The changelog is always available in the new Custom HUD menu option on the bottom left.
    - Reenabled Hive stats for servers that only run CHUD but not [Shine] NS2Stats.
    - Updated Veil low lights file. Also updated the rest to make sure they are up to date.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2014
    I must say, I commend you for your coding, as I know very well how much of a huge PITA modifying the GUI's and the menu without directly overriding the files is.
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    How can I turn off that everyone has a yellow nameplate?
    Hamlet wrote: »
    How can I turn off that everyone has a yellow nameplate?
    Yellow means they are parasited. And you can't disable that.
    edited March 2014
    - Fixed bug where the CHUD Options menu was being recreated every time it opened.
    - Overhead spectators now get the player name in yellow if the player is parasited.
    - Made ammo bars for Marine Commanders colored depending on primary weapon, like in spectator view.
    - Redid the way Minimal GUI affects the Armory and Prototype Lab buy menus.

Edit: Re-published, I had errors in the first one, everything should be fine now! Sorry for the inconvenience!
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    It fails on official uwe servers again. dratz.
    So apart from HBZ, any eu region servers this mod runs on?

(I know mendasp doesnt have a list, im just hoping anyone can say :D )
    edited March 2014
    It fails on official uwe servers again. dratz.
    So apart from HBZ, any eu region servers this mod runs on?

(I know mendasp doesnt have a list, im just hoping anyone can say :D )

There is a list. Use this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=236685163

Subscribe and activate on your mods list. Server browser will highlight and filter for servers running CHUD.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Everytime I think you stopped amazing me...
    Well done as always Mendasp and many thanks. That will help.

I didnt know filtering on mods was doable :)
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Everytime I think you stopped amazing me...
    Well done as always Mendasp and many thanks. That will help.

I didnt know filtering on mods was doable :)

As long as the mods add server tags ofc its possible to do :P. Just the vanilla Server Browser is not supporting it afaik.
    WEEKENDS ARE PRODUCTIVE. MUST UPDATE MORE.

- Expanded marine upgrade icons option to include the NS2 Beta icons.
    - Enabled game timer to Commanders.
    edited March 2014
    I published 3 times, first 2 for one of each of these items.

- Added better checks for cheats and bots to disable stats reporting in those cases.
    - Fixed Skulk growl sound playing all the time when walking.

Last publish was to disable the debug stuff in the server console I was using to check if I had actually fixed the bug :D

C&P for the explanation I did somewhere else about the skulk bug:
    The code basicaly checks if your current speed is more than 65% of your max speed, the bug is, for the skulk, the second you press your walk key, your max speed is now half of your "normal" max speed.

This means that your max speed and your walking speed are the same (you're at 100% speed!) so it was playing the growl sound all the time.

This was specific to the skulk, the other lifeforms didn't have this problem.

So that's what I fixed :D
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2014
    Mendasp wrote: »
    - Fixed Skulk growl sound playing all the time when walking.
    Finally. Now Sweetiebot won't hear me sneak up on him for a change!
    edited March 2014
    - Added a mod update detector. Checks for mod updates every 15 minutes. When the server is empty it automatically changes map.

It's for all workshop mods, btw, not just CHUD.

Edit: If it detects the Shine workshop updater it will disable itself. But I recommend using mine ;)
  • alCalDealCalDe Join Date: 2009-01-02 Member: 65949Members, Constellation
    oh

my

fucking

god

IMPRESSIVE