[Mod] Game quality improvement and bug fixing mod

Comments

• dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    How about implementing a very simple "anti-stack mechanism":
    If you type j1 in console to join marines and the team is full you get a 5 sec cooldown before you can type it again.
    Every try to spam the command increase the cooldown by another 5 sec.
    So if some1 is spamming it 6 times, he has to wait 30 sec.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Pretty sure every server needs to be running this mod. By law or something.
  • Zomb3hZomb3h Join Date: 2011-01-27 Member: 79241Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Today I noticed that midway into a beacon, maybe a minute and a quarter of the soundfx, I started reloading.

Then when I teleported, the gun wouldnt fire and it had to reload again even though it said 50 bullets in the magazine.
    Keep in mind the reload animation finished until half a second after the beacon.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    this mod gets better all the time
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013
    Rifle fix isn't in this mod btw. It's a seperate mod because I want to keep this one stable. I also had to remove the Whip fix because the Whip model is 22 mb ****
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Put down your coffee and sit down before you click this spoiler
    I am 80% sure I've fixed the gun jams :>
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=193947060
    modID B8F65B4
    I need YOU to help test this, as this is a very random bug, is very hard to reproduce, and requires a lot of people to test.
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE report ANY gun jams on the forums or workshop page. Give as many details as you can. What were you doing, when did it happen, what gun, everything you can. Thanks.
    This is still in a "beta" stage I guess you could call it, but it's 1 file, and I've been vigorously testing this and everything seems like it's working exactly how it was before. If you notice anything odd, or different, please report that too. If you run this, mention it so I can maybe join, and make sure you tell people before the round starts what I've said here. Report any gun jams to the forums or workshop page, and any abnormalities you notice.

This also fixes guns jamming if you attack while you are entering a CC
    Fixed
    Ignore YouTube cutting the last second off videos, it didn't jam again the last second of that last clip...stupid youtube...

I've also added a fix for the double whip bug, (what a PITA it was to dig around for the cause of this)

Any servers running this?
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    shonan wrote: »
    Put down your coffee and sit down before you click this spoiler
    I am 80% sure I've fixed the gun jams :>
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=193947060
    modID B8F65B4
    I need YOU to help test this, as this is a very random bug, is very hard to reproduce, and requires a lot of people to test.
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE report ANY gun jams on the forums or workshop page. Give as many details as you can. What were you doing, when did it happen, what gun, everything you can. Thanks.
    This is still in a "beta" stage I guess you could call it, but it's 1 file, and I've been vigorously testing this and everything seems like it's working exactly how it was before. If you notice anything odd, or different, please report that too. If you run this, mention it so I can maybe join, and make sure you tell people before the round starts what I've said here. Report any gun jams to the forums or workshop page, and any abnormalities you notice.

This also fixes guns jamming if you attack while you are entering a CC
    Fixed
    Ignore YouTube cutting the last second off videos, it didn't jam again the last second of that last clip...stupid youtube...

I've also added a fix for the double whip bug, (what a PITA it was to dig around for the cause of this)

In europe: survival of the fattest, hbz, i think slaughterhouse, too.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013

He is asking for a server with the gun jam fix. Afaik there i no server yet running this fix. I could add it to my server,but as it is a beta i hope it will be included into the improvement mod soon.

@Samusdroid I've tested the gun jam fix, seems to be working, didn't noticed any side effects either. Maybe give it a try and add it to the improvement mod.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver

He is asking for a server with the gun jam fix. Afaik there i no server yet running this fix. I could add it to my server,but as it is a beta i hope it will be included into the improvement mod soon.

@Samusdroid I've tested the gun jam fix, seems to be working, didn't noticed any side effects either. Maybe give it a try and add it to the improvement mod.

oh... damn.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    It's not really in "beta" it's just something that in extreme circumstances could act differently than normally, something server admins who previously did not agree to when they added the mod, as that is all stable stuff. Adding the gun jam fix would be adding something potentially buggy (even if it's only 5% unsure if it will break something, I rather keep it separate so server admins know what exactly they are installing, if that makes sense. Even though I'm 95% sure it is working, and that it would not cause any problems. I'll consider it though.
    Thanks to @inveigle 's good find, I've added a fix for Shadow Lerk's not being highlighted
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
  • philoglphilogl Join Date: 2012-10-24 Member: 163529Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver
    I wonder how many fixes it takes before UWE feel embarassed
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013
    Totally agree with the Roobubba, yet i request from @UWE to finally open Mantis for other modders out there. I'm not going to start to fix anything without knowing what uwe is currently working on.

Maybe give us a officiall form of sending in fixes somehow.
    edited November 2013
    That's also kind of the point of this mod. Stesstests changes and fixes so there is less QA testing to be done when implementing, but I don't like to consider this a Patches Test mod ;) because it's not, these things have already been through pretty thorough testing by me, using nonhackish fixes.
    edited November 2013
    That's also kind of the point of this mod. Stesstests changes and fixes so there is less QA testing to be done when implementing, but I don't like to consider this a Patches Test mod ;) because it's not, these things have already been through pretty thorough testing by me, using nonhackish fixes.

We (Server Admins) would kill SamusDroid if that wasn't true :D
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Totally agree with the Roobubba, yet i request from @UWE to finally open Mantis for other modders out there. I'm not going to start to fix anything without knowing what uwe is currently working on.

Maybe give us a officiall form of sending in fixes somehow.

You can always apply as a playtester. Mantis wont be opened, because it can potentially contain exploits that should be kept private until a patch is released.
    edited November 2013
    Asraniel wrote: »

You can always apply as a playtester. Mantis wont be opened, because it can potentially contain exploits that should be kept private until a patch is released.

Beside the fact i applied over a half year ago without any answer, most modders don't have the time for the playtests. Also modders debug in another way than playtesters, thats why there are people called SQEs. And do you really think a modder would abuse those exploits? If I wanted to abuse anything i would just look at the code.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Fixed Prototype Lab map blip using the RT icon
    o0KLOOV.png

Lol, thought that was intended.
    So... does your mod now use KAD or KDA? I actually like KAD, and I am confused.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    edited November 2013
    People like KAD? Really? Remember when it was first implemented and you always thought your deaths looked a little high? How ever many months later and I still do that.

K | D is just the natural way of looking at it. And the way its done in every single other multi player game ever.
    KDA is the way to go, there is no other way, any other way is retarded.
    Jekt wrote: »
    People like KAD? Really? Remember when it was first implemented and you always thought your deaths looked a little high? How ever many months later and I still do that.

I never did.
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    KDA is the way to go, there is no other way, any other way is retarded.

Because of why?
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    Why not just give the K, D, A numbers slightly different colors? eg. Green for Kills, Red for Deaths and White for Assists. Would make it much easier to see no matter how you sort it.

• DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members