[Mod] Game quality improvement and bug fixing mod

Comments

• JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    An actual chatbox that you can scroll through and copy+paste would be amazing (lol). fsfods menu mod anyone?
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    I've never had that happen ever @Jekt

it happens
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    Speaking of chat, you might want to take a crack at fixing chat messages covering the screen on low resolutions. Its been a while since I checked weather this is still an issue because I now have a PC that can handle the game without having to resort to such things (that, and the fact that hardly ever feel motivated to launch the game anymore), but I don't recall ever seeing a fix for it in the change logs. If its still an issue it could be a very useful fix for those with weaker machines that struggle to reach a reasonable framerate.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Looking straightly down when the round starts. Do you think you can fix that?
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I thought that was just some kind of ritual all marines do before heading into battle.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013

Give repro steps, and yes. So far I've not been able to spawn down in controlled circumstances, probably tried about 100 times. Stuff needs reproduction steps in order to know it's fixed :P
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Now I could be wrong, but I think it was on a server running your mod today that I noticed marines spawning on IPs: look like they're taking a dump. Strange squatting pose.

It's hilarious, I wish I'd taken a screenshot tbh
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013
    Roobubba wrote: »
    Now I could be wrong, but I think it was on a server running your mod today that I noticed marines spawning on IPs: look like they're taking a dump. Strange squatting pose.

It's hilarious, I wish I'd taken a screenshot tbh

It is what it is. No easy way to set the animation
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver

Give repro steps, and yes. So far I've not been able to spawn down in controlled circumstances, probably tried about 100 times. Stuff needs reproduction steps in order to know it's fixed :P

1. Start game
    2. Join server
    3. Join a team (aliens/marines)
    4. play until next round starts
    5. next round begins: spawn happens looking down
    6. ???
    7. profit
    edited November 2013

1. Start game
    2. Join server
    6. ???
    7. profit

Still doesn't happen for me

Oh, btw, I found the cause of the double whip bug, and can confirm it fixes it

1. Start game
    2. Join server
    6. ???
    7. profit

I think it's somehow because of my installation...
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer

1. Start game
    2. Join server
    6. ???
    7. profit

No, it happens from time to time, there is no clear way to reproduce it reliably though.
    Mendasp wrote: »

1. Start game
    2. Join server
    6. ???
    7. profit

No, it happens from time to time, there is no clear way to reproduce it reliably though.

Dang it. I get it pretty often, though :\
    edited November 2013
    Fixed: MACs building structures causes build material to be spammed unnecessarily. Starting building also starts the build effect too often.
    TAvKA6v.jpg
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Did you remove the texture streaming option from graphics menu`? It isnt there when using the mod.
    That was removed a while ago, since it's on automatically now or something.
    Not from this mod no. That's the bindings mod. It's always on now.
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow

Oh, didnt think a bindings mod would remove graphics options :P
    shonan wrote: »

Oh, didnt think a bindings mod would remove graphics options :P
    Well...it's not just a bindings mod...it modifies the options and menu...

• JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    What about firings (guns / bite) whenever you get out of the comm chair? It was supposed to be have been fixed in live, but it wasn't.
    WHAT ABOUT GETTING STUCK IN THE COMM CHAIR WHEN YOU LOGOUT!?!?!?!?!
    Do you have any details on how to do this?
    edited November 2013

Sigh, looked amazing quality before I uploaded it. Oh well. I can get it again if you'd like.

EDIT: Actually on HD it doesn't look too bad.

I think it's some map object related error as it HAS HAPPENED to me on official maps. But on this map it happens 3/5 times. But don't misunderstand, it is NOT unique to this map. Just more common.
  • MigeMige Join Date: 2005-03-19 Member: 45796Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Fixed: MACs building structures causes build material to be spammed unnecessarily. Starting building also starts the build effect too often.
    TAvKA6v.jpg

Yeah I reported that a week ago (Ironhorse) so I think that will be fixed soon ;) Keep up the good work!

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @ghosthree3
    Dont ever use cheats and expect typical results.. ever. :)
    Its for this reason why we have a strict policy of not reproducing bugs with this command.

@mige
    That's your bug alright, already fixed :)
    @IronHorse I was only using cheats to force the game to start so it would repro EXACTLY what happens normally when the other team gets their comm. Believe me, it's identical, I can find someone to get in the hive and remake the video if you really want, but I'm telling you it's irrelevant.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013
    Doesnt matter..
    Do it again without cheats and then i'll bother attempting to repro ;)
    Cant tell you the amount of wild goose chases we've had in the past due to that cmd
    So it turns out that ghost had manually bound two functions on one key that more than likely were causing this:
    The use key, and the logout command. :)

We'll see though after some time if that was in fact the issue. (since its not the most reliable to reproduce)