Question about a bug, want to report an issue or what's being worked on? Ask away!

Comments

• derfyderfy Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164630Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Possible bug (did it twice on a modded server, but wasn't able to repro on my local listen server):

As a skulk (any lifeform?): entering a gorge tunnel, and jumping backwards out of it leaves you at a black screen, unable to do anything except kill yourself.

Doing this spams the console with an 'Infinite coords' lua error.
    ns2%202013-09-28%2017-35-34-54.png
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    What about the 360 degree axe bug, where the things 180 degrees behind the marine on the same plane as the crosshair get hit by the axe. Is that on the radar? Its been here since beta.
  • ReubotReubot Join Date: 2012-10-15 Member: 162374Members
    edited September 2013
    If xeno is researched, last weapon switch switches to that instead of parasite by default - and you kill yourself every FCKING time you try to para something.

• KiloKilo Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187529Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Lifeforms can still pop out of a destroyed gorge tunnel for a short time. Not sure how this works? I'm guessing if the lifeform is in the tunnel when its destroyed they are still able to get out...
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    A Map Bug:

Veil - Nanogrid

You are not able to echo a harvester to the east rt position.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Kilo wrote: »
    Lifeforms can still pop out of a destroyed gorge tunnel for a short time. Not sure how this works? I'm guessing if the lifeform is in the tunnel when its destroyed they are still able to get out...
    Narfwak wrote: »
    Jekt wrote: »
    Being able to use the tunnel exit even though its been destroyed.
    Should be fixed next build.
    Another note: this was confirmed fixed in EUPT today; we'll double check it again tomorrow in NAPT as that is standard protocol but I'm fairly certain this one is fixed for the next patch.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    @jekt
    Being able to use the tunnel exit even though its been destroyed is fixed for next patch.

@reubot
    Alt tab will lose textures indefinitely was reported Sept 18th, 2013 as High priority and is a top priority for next patch, along with some other rendering oddities like infestation not rendering after alt tab, ambient occlusion breaking when alt tabbing, shadows messed up when alt tabbing.. and other general alt tabbing non sense! They are all in Stage 3, meaning the fixes applied are being tested currently by us.

Also, i did not want to spam the first page with an endless list, as its hard enough getting people to read instructions typically. A link should suffice.. feel free to create an alternative to google docs, and i'll link it as well.

Finally, this thread is not intended to be a bug reporting thread... though you can in fact report something, I make no promise to report every bug that is reported, though i do try my best. Its primarily to replace what was lost with "Progress Tracker" like the OP explains.. getting to know what is being worked on currently. Its more like an "AMA for NS2 bugs" :-P

@derfy
    Please let me know if you are able to reproduce this again, thanks!

@1dominator1
    Unforunately after much fixing of the collision and melee boxes back in the day (remember 360 fade swipe?) this one remained, as it was deemed difficult to fix in crouching situations, and would probably effect axing cysts in order to fix it.

@Reubot
    If xeno is researched, last weapon switch switches to that instead of parasite by default - is Not reported and i'll look into it, thanks.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    How did I forget this. Commander not being able to get back into the hive/cc. Happens on marines and aliens.

Can see it in this cast at 13 minutesish: http://www.twitch.tv/ns2soz/b/466835926
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    Can see not being able to cyst from fab hive and the beacon not effecting all players in this cast in round 4.
    http://www.twitch.tv/ggkaneh/b/466964819

Beacon not effecting all players at 2:28:00
    Not being able to cyst at 1:57:00
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @jekt
    Commander not being able to get back into the hive is Not reported, despite much browsing through reports relating to CC and hives..
    Repro?
    Also thanks for the vids.
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    How about the issue where ARCs are not blocked by alien players, so they can move "into" them, which prevents the alien from moving until the ARC is gone? That's very nasty when it happens...

Oh, and I've been trying to get a console dump of the evolve menu bug with r_loading and loadtimes enabled. No success so far... never observed the issue when I turned them on, and when it occurred, I had not turned them on.

Do you usually have these settings enabled? Maybe the logging lowers the chance of the bug happening, and that's why it's so difficult to reproduce it...
    @mrfangs
    Arcs can trap players was reported on December 7th, 2012 as a low priority bug.
    Yea arcs and macs and drifters, and any other AI i am forgetting about will never collide with players.. only the arc gets people stuck inside of them.

And yea, as a PT i am obsessive with capturing data and have a habit of enabling different kinds of logging as i regularly play pub, to capture some of the real world scenario hitches etc.
    Repo steps? Please IronHorse, I'm far too busy complaining. To be honest I can't think of any specific cirumstance that's obvious enough to stand out. They're just seemingly random occurrences. Just like they happened in the casts I linked.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Oh yeah, I know that commander bug, sometimes when I hop out pressing E (pop up note is there) won't make the chair close, I have to dance around/jump off the cc etc, to get it to work again. VERY common.
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    MrFangs wrote: »
    Oh, and I've been trying to get a console dump of the evolve menu bug with r_loading and loadtimes enabled. No success so far...

Finally caught it:
    IOhDKtO.jpg

This is actually the second screenshot I took... the last console line appeared *after* the bug. I included it because it was the only thing that looked unusual.

By the way: Are these repeated load messages for the same materials (parasited, infestation_decal, ...) normal? I would expect each material to be loaded once, and then kept in memory?
  • ShotoSelectionShotoSelection Join Date: 2005-01-23 Member: 37558Members
    What is the status on fullscreen windowed working properly?
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    From the NS2 Facebook page:
    1262897_10151717047723105_1728755206_o.png
    Shooting automatically when leaving the chair is fixed for real this time?
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I HAVE A QUESTION

Is bone wall undergoing any revision?

Reason I ask is that currently it looks exactly the same as onos crouching. In fact, I thought it would replace the regular crouch when I first played onos with it researched. I was disappointed when I had to switch 'weapon' to use it :(

If it's not going to replace crouch it needs to give some feedback as to what's going on other than the absence of damage numbers. Frankly it doesn't make sense that the onos is magically invulnerable when doing what just looks like a crouch. But there's another crouch that doesn't do anything. And also if he stands up and you hit the 'bone wall' it does damage. whut
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I don't think it looks like crouching for marines?
  • xBlueXFoxxxBlueXFoxx Join Date: 2013-06-07 Member: 185497Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Since I posted a new topic and it was locked, I am going to go ahead and copy paste a lot of bug/balance concerns I have here.

High priority
    - [Removed due to it being an exploit, it has been noted and taken in consideration]
    - Assault rifles animation jam up (somtimes*) after sprinting, animation freezes completely until you switch weapons and back.
    - Assault rifle also jams up randomly and doesn't allow you to shoot, this has been experienced with multiple people.

Medium priority
    - Jetpacks appear to fail to take off sometimes when reloading a flame thrower.
    - The server list anti spam timeout appears to be a bit too low, or the cooldown is too high, this is to prevent DDoS or spam attacks by using the refresh function, but this does sometimes cause the client to not see any servers.
    - Some servers are determined as LAN on the server list but are actually online when full, when attempting to connect instead of waiting for the client to determine it's an online server it will evade the queue, connect to the server and bring up the loading screen and then kick you out for the server being full.
    - Parasite textures sometimes show up black on some sections of your first person model.

Balance concerns
    - Veil, System Waypoint is a major choke points for aliens in sub sector, not allowing them to cyst out and forces gorges in nanogrid and cargo to maintain the res nodes with gorge tunnels until system waypoint is secured. This significantly reduces the aliens ability to gain map control in early game as it makes them have to maintain that section at all time.
    - Docking, while I did enjoy it being a 4 tech map, that's not my concern. Maintenance access/ball court and stability access are major cut off points for alien expansion, my proposal would be the north point and east point doorways to be merged into one room, only allowing 1 choke point but 2 access ways in the northern section of courtyard.
    - Docking, the generator and departures power nodes should be moved to a more visible area from the hives view, I propose generator being moved near the tech point and the door frame of the departures east section near the power node being removed, to make them a bit more easier for aliens to see but still accessible for strategic marines.
    - Mineshaft, late game Marines are easily able to take cave with jetpacks due to it's high ceiling and various perching points, defensive structures such as whips and hydras cannot reach marines due to the rooms large volume.
    - Biodome, res nodes are blocked by various structures and railings that make rooms such as Seeding and Canopy easy rooms for aliens to evade shots on the marines end, ruining the marines ability to gain map control due to its forced reception spawn.
    - Refinery, the vent in chasm and containment can be handled with a gorge a bit too easily, resulting in bilebomb of either the power or important marine assets.
    - Parasites last for 44 seconds, I think it would be nice if Armories removed the parasites again.
    edited October 2013
    I'll go through this some more tomorrow unless Ironhorse does it first, going to bed now. X_X ofc the patch might just come out first /knockonwood
  • frantixfrantix Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184063Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Are you going to fix drifters? They can sometimes not be moved and don't react at all, not sure how to reproduce this. This results either in a not casted enzyme or muscous membrane, or in a dead drifter.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    This might be an annoying /facepalm question for some but I feel a strong urge :)
    What's current status of a) marine strafe jump b) marines beeing jetisonned out of pg when Aliens block the path c) Alienvision
    Developers feel above things are beeing in a good place or are they discussed?
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    _INTER_ wrote: »
    This might be an annoying /facepalm question for some but I feel a strong urge :)
    What's current status of a) marine strafe jump b) marines beeing jetisonned out of pg when Aliens block the path c) Alienvision

Seconded. I would very much like to know about a) and c).

• ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    edited October 2013
    With regard to the drifter thing, repo steps are appreciated.
    This thread isn't for balance discussion, but as far as I know there aren't really any balance changes in 258. I think there might be one or two very tiny adjustments but I'd rather not say anything for sure as you never know what might change in that department.
    xBlueXFoxx wrote: »
    - Assault rifles animation jam up (somtimes*) after sprinting, animation freezes completely until you switch weapons and back.
    - Assault rifle also jams up randomly and doesn't allow you to shoot, this has been experienced with multiple people.
    Rifle jam bugs are known and reported but repro steps are spotty at best. We need better repro steps if anyone can provide them. If you can get this figured out to a point where you can reproduce it consistently that would be amazing and the entire community would love you forever.
    - Jetpacks appear to fail to take off sometimes when reloading a flame thrower.
    - The server list anti spam timeout appears to be a bit too low, or the cooldown is too high, this is to prevent DDoS or spam attacks by using the refresh function, but this does sometimes cause the client to not see any servers.
    - Some servers are determined as LAN on the server list but are actually online when full, when attempting to connect instead of waiting for the client to determine it's an online server it will evade the queue, connect to the server and bring up the loading screen and then kick you out for the server being full.
    I don't believe any of these are reported, but this is a little vague and we could use a little more info/repro.
    - Parasite textures sometimes show up black on some sections of your first person model.
    This or something similar to this is reported, could you provide specs and screenshots?
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I didn't expect any balance changes in 258 (there were some however Mucus down 50% holy cow). Performance updates make everyone happy. Just been wondering if the devs are discussing it. Because well ... I'm not in a mood to startup NS2 until either a) or c) gets tweaked.
    I didn't expect any balance changes in 258 (there were some however Mucus down 50% holy cow). Performance updates make everyone happy. Just been wondering if the devs are discussing it. Because well ... I'm not in a mood to startup NS2 until either a) or c) gets tweaked.
    Not really our department. Poke someone on the balance team.
    TY @narfwak for answering questions while i was away on my first ever forum break :-P

@xbluexfoxx if there's anything else you need answered more thoroughly from that list that narfwak didnt get to, let me know

@mrfangs
    Nice work! ... too bad there's nothing useful showing up! lol... dammit.. i'm really surprised. With loadtimes AND r_loading on, it should have reported a missing texture loading late. You're sure that when it returned (the texture for the buttons) that there was no addition in the log? Meaning i know you took the pic right when you saw it, but clearly it was not loaded, so maybe when it is able to be rendered it outputs the file? *Cringes* i hate to ask you to further investigate but would you mind just a bit more if you haven't already done this? Thanks, and good work!
    (p.s. are you sure r_loading true was entered in the console because i only see loadtime stuff?)

@meatmachine
    I HAVE A QUESTION

Is bone wall undergoing any revision?

Reason I ask is that currently it looks exactly the same as onos crouching. In fact, I thought it would replace the regular crouch when I first played onos with it researched. I was disappointed when I had to switch 'weapon' to use it :(

If it's not going to replace crouch it needs to give some feedback as to what's going on other than the absence of damage numbers. Frankly it doesn't make sense that the onos is magically invulnerable when doing what just looks like a crouch. But there's another crouch that doesn't do anything. And also if he stands up and you hit the 'bone wall' it does damage. whut

You mean Boneshield? ;)
    Yeah there's actually a distinct animation for boneshield, from crouching. You'll notice the head goes down, the feet get tucked in, and his head bones flare outward - and the final distinction is there is no blood drawn when you shoot him during this animation - you get sparks instead. You can view these animations in the model viewer that comes with the game, as well.
    To answer your first question, there is no revision planned afaik. There is one bug report regarding boneshield and it has more to do with design than a bug. (i agree with it tho)

@_inter_
    A) Being discussed over thoroughly by Sewlek and the balance team. Any further details will have to come from them.
    B) This is actually intentional because the alternatives were: forbid aliens from moving beyond the outer edges of the PG model, Telefragging aliens when marines phase through, or allowing marines to get stuck inside of aliens as they are biting down on the PG which = insta death.
    That whole "Spawning 3 meters away from the PG" is intentionally coded in, as the marines are teleported to the first available spot, should the immediate vicinity be blocked by aliens.
    SO.. protip: Don't block the feedgate entrance/exit and as they pop through in the appropriate location, strafe left or right and bite them.
    C) Haven't heard a thing on alienvision past what i already explained in previous pages in this thread.

@ShotoSelection
    Latest patch should have fixed most of those windowed issues.. are you still experiencing any currently?

@frantix
    The only reported drifter bug thats in any stage is Drifters getting stuck inside the armory. If you guys have any easy to reproduce steps /videos, please feel free to add them in techsupport or a PM to me.
    Thanks