Question about a bug, want to report an issue or what's being worked on? Ask away!

Comments

• UlmontUlmont Join Date: 2011-10-02 Member: 125211Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Grenade-launcher 'desync' between projectile location and and explosion location. (Video demonstration download video). Have not attempted to reproduce; possibly caused by poor client-server connection.
  • ReubotReubot Join Date: 2012-10-15 Member: 162374Members
    • Pressing a hotkey two times non-consecutively moves the screen to the hotkeyed entity - Double tapping a hotkey moves you to the hotkeyed entity - this is the standard behaviour of any RTS game. What IS NOT standard however, is that the screen moves even if you happen to press the hotkey again after a longer while, if you have the same entity selected.

Double tap should center the screen to the entity. But when the time window for that is gone, second press SHOULD NOT move the screen. This is _extremely_ annoying when commanding, many times costing the lives of marines on the field when your screen gets moved away from the battle.

I reported this to Sewlek maybe a month or two ago, and it was supposed to be fixed, but that hasn't happened yet, so I'll just drop this here.
  • pro7otypepro7otype Join Date: 2013-09-14 Member: 188224Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    About the not being able to cyst:

I've no idea how to reproduce, but sometimes (probably less than 5%) when the game starts Alien Comm can never ever Cyst. Game has to be restarted to fix it. This bug is definitely real.

My own bug:

I bought a diamond supporter badge, and after a short period (less than 24 hours) of being able to use emotes, now no emotes work. (no medpack, no taunt, no ammo, no chuckle etc etc).

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Wenn I'm running with my pistol, I am all silent. No walking sound. Always.

I don't know if others can hear me walking - I can't.

Also:
    Editor bug: Using the flip option on props causes weird results.

I'm pretty sure this is known.
    See also: forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/132351/flipping-bug

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    I agree to everyone who said that the game shouldn't let you evolve, like it used to, if you are going to get stuck. But *shrug*, its their call

If you guys are getting this "can't cyst" bug.. can you please do me a favor and either take pics with nav_debug entered in the console and/or take videos of it? TY.

@f0rdprefect
    This isn't reported, but given the love that the editor is receiving right now (based on the check ins i am seeing from devs) i'm going to wait til after this patch before reporting it :)

@ulmont
    Incorrect Grenade Launcher clientside prediction - Was reported june 13th, 2013 and is Medium priority and currently being worked on by a dev
    (as well as grenades sliding along the ground with no friction.)

@reubot
    Pressing a hotkey two times non-consecutively moves the screen to the hotkeyed entity - This is highly annoying, i agree.. and is Not reported. So i will report it tomorrow with a medium priority, thanks for reminding me.

@f0rdprefect
    Can't hear any footsteps as pistol marine - was reported August 7th, 2013, and is Fixed for next patch!
    Also, regarding your reiterated report: "Be patient with me responding, as its just me volunteering my time" , which should really read: ... Be patient with me responding, as its just me volunteering my time in between a wife, full time job running my own commercial beekeeping company, leading playtests, moderating these forums and all official UWE servers, assisting all tech support issues in all forums, and somehow having "me" time somewhere in there. ;)

Thanks everyone for your questions and contributions!
    Can i get a volunteer to maintain that google doc list? PM me if so. TY @ulmont !
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Don't lie IH, you have no "me" time.
  • UlmontUlmont Join Date: 2011-10-02 Member: 125211Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
  • shriikeshriike Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184461Members
    edited September 2013
    [quote=
    @shriikeDrifters getting caught under surfaces - Seen it.. but its not reported. Any reproduction steps would be awesome, ty!
    [/quote]

Pretty much awkwardly moving drifters in areas where there are stairs, or a space underneath the floor creates this bug.
    Notable spots are East Wing stairs, Ore Processing (the space right next to the rt), and as xen said, bottom lava. I can try reproducing in as many areas as possible, but it would take a long time, and I'm not exactly willing.

Edit: I am not good with computer how does i quote
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Happens very often in the area between server hive and platform rt.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Echoing structures into eg repair on mineshaft, they can easily end up on the rafters and die.

Parasite sound being played upon structure build completion, especially noticeable on pg and rt.
  • rayzourayzou Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184066Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Actually, the marine not making noise while using pistol is only seen for a male marine... ! <3
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited September 2013
    Map editor bugs:

When editor is closed a debug report error shows up and you have to wait a few seconds for it to be finally closed.

Sometimes when using the move tool the selected things go 9999999999 kilometers away and cannot be handled properly anymore. You need to restart the editor then.
    EDIT: When this happens, Undo and Redo is greyed out too and cannot be used anymore until restart.
  • GrimfangGrimfang Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13086Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Not being able to Cyst seems to be related to starting as Aliens in Fabrication in Biodome, changing commander wont help, but restarting map with a different Alien start area works. So it seems to be related to Biodome and Fabrication
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Evolve to NO STRING
    VtZqNGl.jpg
    My favourite life form!

I need to start recording.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Yesterday I played as marine and heared "Weld target near waypoint" all the time. It wasn't annoying enough to make me leave the server - it's one of those things that drive you insane within an hour without you even noticing.
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @shonan
    I have an answer i want to tell you regarding mouse input delays, but this is one of those times i must await PR approval before i speak. I will say a bug was fixed. Just standby for that answer by checking right here 24 hours later.

Any news about this?
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    [*]Pressing evolve button after spawn shows no traits - Nothing reported , would you make a tech support thread on this? i'd like to pursue it further, as i cannot reproduce.

If you need a screenshot, why not reuse this one? :P

And yes, it's still present in 255. Not a big deal, though, as it can be worked around so easily.
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Two issues with the new tech tree:

- It's hard to read against many backgrounds - for example, a dark, semi-transparent window behind/around it would help a lot

- In the alien tech tree, a progress bar appears for every crag/shift/shade/whip that's being built - it would make more sense to only show it for the first one
    MrFangs wrote: »
    [*]Pressing evolve button after spawn shows no traits - Nothing reported , would you make a tech support thread on this? i'd like to pursue it further, as i cannot reproduce.

If you need a screenshot, why not reuse this one? :P

And yes, it's still present in 255. Not a big deal, though, as it can be worked around so easily.

It can be reproduced very easily, just press the button to evolve right after coming out of the egg.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Another note about issues with drifters and MACs getting stuck: screenshots and specific location information helps tremendously. In a lot of these cases it's going to be something specific with the map's nav mesh that causes the problem, but the mappers can now manually patch the nav meshes by hand once we know where the problems are. You can also use the console command nav_debug to check this out yourself if you think you found an area with a problem (bear in mind that they can render in a little funky and may look like they clip through the floor from certain viewing angles).
  • OuchOfDeathOuchOfDeath Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182825Members
    I did.. i just tried it 5 times and ended up with 5 screenshots showing what my own eyes saw : upgrades.
    Hence why i need a tech support thread opened on the matter to pursue why. :)
    I'm pretty sure the evolve buttons not showing up only happens with your first game (each time you start ns2.exe) and your first evolve menu, and I believe you have to be very fast in hitting the evolve menu as soon as you jump into that first game. I'm pretty sure it's a texture loading bug where the textures are not loaded yet, and for some reason remain unloaded until you turn the menu off and on again.

It should in my opinion be marked very low priority as far as I'm aware it only happens at most once for each time you launch the game, and even then only occasionally. The workaround is intuitive and simple as well as a person will instinctively hit b twice after hitting this bug, and lo and behold the bug is gone for the rest of their gaming session. I've never had this bug cause any in-game problems aside from being the slightest of annoyance once every couple of days or so, so I don't even care if it's never fixed. It doesn't affect gameplay. There's a long list of much more important bugs that should be fixed first.
  • DavilDavil Florida, USA Join Date: 2012-08-14 Member: 155602Members, Constellation
    When will the game stop teleporting my egg out of cover when I evolve to a fade? I think that should be on the list, and a more understandable readout for remaining ammo on the flame thrower.
  • GoldenGolden Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31169Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    I did.. i just tried it 5 times and ended up with 5 screenshots showing what my own eyes saw : upgrades.
    Hence why i need a tech support thread opened on the matter to pursue why. :)
    I'm pretty sure the evolve buttons not showing up only happens with your first game (each time you start ns2.exe) and your first evolve menu, and I believe you have to be very fast in hitting the evolve menu as soon as you jump into that first game. I'm pretty sure it's a texture loading bug where the textures are not loaded yet, and for some reason remain unloaded until you turn the menu off and on again.

It should in my opinion be marked very low priority as far as I'm aware it only happens at most once for each time you launch the game, and even then only occasionally. The workaround is intuitive and simple as well as a person will instinctively hit b twice after hitting this bug, and lo and behold the bug is gone for the rest of their gaming session. I've never had this bug cause any in-game problems aside from being the slightest of annoyance once every couple of days or so, so I don't even care if it's never fixed. It doesn't affect gameplay. There's a long list of much more important bugs that should be fixed first.

It can happen every time you spawn, as long as you hit 'b' right as you spawn. I get it at least once almost every game.

• ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Lately I've been getting a weird bug where when I hop into a hive, it sounds like I'm underwater and surrounded by chirping birds. The only way to fix it is to restart ns2. I'll try and get a video or something next time it happens, it may be a bug with the NSL mod.
  • NailoNailo Join Date: 2013-05-06 Member: 185138Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    The nano-shield bug is easy to replicate because no matter where you click when you have nano shield selected, it will still go off, every time........ -_-

Also I've also evolved into No_String before. I was basically an invisible egg on top of gravity. But at the time the server was having major issues, like I would evolve, move 10 ft, be teleported back, and be evolving again or I'd be chasing a marine and randomly evolve after failing to evolve elsewhere shortly beforehand. The server in question was NS2 Diamonds around yesterday.

Hope this helps ^_^
    Nailo wrote: »
    The nano-shield bug is easy to replicate because no matter where you click when you have nano shield selected, it will still go off, every time........ -_-

Yes. This is a very useful feature if you have to nano a marine quickly during combat.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    It hasn't been asked here so far so here goes. This is by far the biggest problem in ns2 not least because the colour scheme is giving me massive headaches after half an hour or so of playing, which never happened before.
    Is UWE working on sorting out the broken alien visuals. Normal vision is too cluttered and the outlines rather than solid fill makes for horrible cqc against good Marines. Alien vision is hopeless and I now never ever use it. Ever. White does not show up on the stupidly bright orange so it's harder to see enemies than with normal vision.
    Possible ways to fix this:
    Revert to the old alien vision.
    Add in 2 more alien vision modes, unhighlighted and orange on grey/black/Green
    Use filled in highlights instead of outlines
    Allow users to change the colour for background and highlight in alien vision.
    Add in a filter like old av to remove textures (the visual clutter combined with awful colour scheme and fast pace is what is giving me headaches)

Plenty of ideas there to get you started, there's no excuse that you don't know how to fix the problem!

Thanks in advance for helping to resolve this!
    I don't really understand everyone's problem. I'm perfectly fine with the new alien visions system :\
    I don't really understand everyone's problem. I'm perfectly fine with the new alien visions system :\

Precisely why I don't want to stop you using the current system if you want to. But my complaint is no less valid for your opinion.