Eclipse Remake

15678911»

Comments

• ZekZek Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Posts: 4,690 Advanced user
    edited June 2013
    Changing the name should be a last resort only used if the map layout is completely unrecognizable IMO. A remake of Eclipse has a lot of value in bringing players back to the game - people will understand that things have to change for NS2. Changing the name to protect the nostalgia of those players will have the opposite of the desired effect IMO.
  • current1ycurrent1y Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Posts: 677 Advanced user
  • ArkantiArkanti pub baddie Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2011-07-22 Member: 111781Posts: 694 Advanced user
    current1y wrote: »
    ns2_eclipse

Mr. Arkanti
    noGG Arkanti
    nova | Arkanti
    Pub Baddie

Co_Summit - A remix of Summit's unique areas to mould it into a better Combat mod experience. I also broke all the textures. Mad skills yo.
    WildGrass Games - I make video games.
  • DTEDTE Members Join Date: 2004-05-03 Member: 28412Posts: 75
    Don't really know about the rest of the map, but Maintenance hive (as stated before) has always been a big no-no. As soon as rines locked T-junction (or even reloced there) it was a gg for the aliens. The connection between South Loop and Main hive that I saw in an earlier version of this map was a good change, but I doubt it was enough.
    Games don't make people violent ... lag does.
    Everything going wrong in the world, steam is to blame...
    [I AM]DTE (Powered By m00)
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid ColoradoMembers, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Posts: 2,155 mod
    edited July 2013
    Could it finally be happening?
    "Natural Selection 2 ‏@NS2
    On Wednesday, we are going to reveal something big. Something that has been coming for a long, long time..."
    https://twitter.com/NS2/status/351854814612828161
    This has only been in development for a year and a half now.
    My mods --- Watermod collaboration with Feha
    For some reason, the instant you ask players to behave differently to be successful, they associate that with bad mapping. - KungFuDiscoMonkey
    Z5UIr2s.png
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Posts: 698
    edited July 2013
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Could it finally be happening?
    "Natural Selection 2 ‏@NS2
    On Wednesday, we are going to reveal something big. Something that has been coming for a long, long time..."
    https://twitter.com/NS2/status/351854814612828161
    This has only been in development for a year and a half now.

As much as I want this to be true, I kind of have a feeling it is going to be an HMG model and concept reveal or just gorge plushies.

But I would trade that and wait... just for a little eclipse.

Post edited by Industry on
    THE IP ADDRESS IS COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE.
  • DaphistoDaphisto Hive Janitor Members, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8917Posts: 596 Advanced user
    Any chance we could get a status update on this map? This was my favorite map from NS1 and I would LOVE to see it in NS2.
    [=Alex=]
  • DaphistoDaphisto Hive Janitor Members, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8917Posts: 596 Advanced user
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Eclipse shall return...

Awesome! Love you guys!
  • MelancorMelancor Members Join Date: 2003-12-15 Member: 24415Posts: 201 Fully active user
    edited September 2013
  • NaRcONaRcO MadridMembers, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2005-03-07 Member: 44219Posts: 25 Advanced user
    Can't Wait!
    Ingame: Katon
  • blackpiranhablackpiranha GermanyMembers, Constellation Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14375Posts: 286
    Great work, hope this ns1 classic makes it into the ns2 mapcycle.
    bp.de
    * since 1.04
    * NS1Vet

Team Germany Captain
    octo untouchables
    config gaming

Rock is fine, Scissors are imba.

-- Paper
  • JektJekt Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Posts: 1,543 Advanced user
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert TexasMembers, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Posts: 2,829 admin
    Remedy wrote: »
    Thought some of you would appreciate seeing some of the work I did experimenting with Eclipse before I went for a stroll through the woods.

The atmospherics is strong with this one.
    SamusDroid
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid ColoradoMembers, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Posts: 2,155 mod
    edited March 2014
    No, the curves are strong with this one. Think of the curves!
    ...and the images spoiler tags
    My mods --- Watermod collaboration with Feha
    For some reason, the instant you ask players to behave differently to be successful, they associate that with bad mapping. - KungFuDiscoMonkey
    Z5UIr2s.png
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert TexasMembers, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Posts: 2,829 admin
    edited March 2014
    Well, we've got another 3 months before the next Remedy sighting. What's going on in the meantime?
  • Rudy.czRudy.cz Members Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Posts: 443
    Weee, welcome back! I definitively liked your version of Eclipse more, its so clean and pure :)
    co_Core remake: Info , Workshop | Circus for co_Portals: Info , Workshop | my DJ sets at Soundcloud or Mixcloud | simple Portfolio | Spark Tutorials

Server Banner > Join our server and enjoy best selection of community made maps!
    ObliviousSight
  • [=Alex=][=Alex=] Members, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2008-12-25 Member: 65866Posts: 198 Advanced user
    Man I love your work!

You are one of the best mappers ever!
    ns2_triad
    NS2:Combat maps:
    co_pulse
    co_kestrel
    co_sava
    co_niveus
    co_legacy (new co_faceoff remake)
    co_angst
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 PolandMembers, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Posts: 586 Advanced user
    This changes looks amazing.
    imageimage image
    Main Editor of www.naturalselection2.pl
  • Rudy.czRudy.cz Members Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Posts: 443
    Dude, those are old screenshots before UWE took over :)
    co_Core remake: Info , Workshop | Circus for co_Portals: Info , Workshop | my DJ sets at Soundcloud or Mixcloud | simple Portfolio | Spark Tutorials

Server Banner > Join our server and enjoy best selection of community made maps!
    BeigeAlert