Why is everyone so upset?

Comments

• ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    They are not going to just drop the game and leave it it incomplete.
  • SewdiOSewdiO Join Date: 2013-08-28 Member: 187136Members
    Scatter wrote: »
    Usual forum whining by cry baby internet nerds.
    Ad hominem fallacy, no value in this comment. Please tell something constructive.

• RabidWeaselRabidWeasel Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5337Members
    Roobubba wrote: »
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    AV got fixed in the proper release I feel, and even if you hate it, having it off is good enough, you don't need it.

No, I mean the normal vision, not 'F on' vision.

Normal alien sight is absolutely stupendously awful now. I haven't yet come across any lights-off situations where I've needed to use alien vision 'F on' and in principle have no problems with this mode of vision for low light (if only it was possible to use it sometimes, but that's another topic entirely).
    I'd be happy with just a slight increase in the intensity of the outline in normal vision, friendlies getting a different colour outline (maybe a less intense green colour for good contrast?) and having the contrast while using darkvision beefed up a bit. It was a very valid complaint that the old AV was a no-brainer and I'm happy for changes, it just needs tweaking.
  • MorshuMorshu Join Date: 2012-08-13 Member: 155539Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think y'all gotta give the devs a break and give it a couple of days, surely they'll be tinkering with the current issues that keeps people from playing during the free weekend event.

In the mean time why don't y'all watch this absolute adorable clip:
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Roobubba wrote: »
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    AV got fixed in the proper release I feel, and even if you hate it, having it off is good enough, you don't need it.

No, I mean the normal vision, not 'F on' vision.

Normal alien sight is absolutely stupendously awful now. I haven't yet come across any lights-off situations where I've needed to use alien vision 'F on' and in principle have no problems with this mode of vision for low light (if only it was possible to use it sometimes, but that's another topic entirely).
    I'd be happy with just a slight increase in the intensity of the outline in normal vision, friendlies getting a different colour outline (maybe a less intense green colour for good contrast?) and having the contrast while using darkvision beefed up a bit. It was a very valid complaint that the old AV was a no-brainer and I'm happy for changes, it just needs tweaking.

2 things need to happen to the normal alien sight: reduce the visibility/contrast/detail of textures (or just replace as per old AV), and colour friendly, enemy and structures differently. Whether that's green for friendly and orange for enemies, with structures a darker colour/shade or something else, I don't mind. There's simply too much gubbins on the screen at the moment.
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    edited August 2013
    Your time in the game means nothing.
    Your involvement in the community means nothing.
    You don't not get to dictate the games development and shouldn't.
    UWE are the game developers, not you.

If you don't like any of these statements, feel free to go else where. Just please stop whining! It's getting on the nerves of people who want to enjoy all this new stuff that UWE has put a lot of work into creating for us, you ungrateful mewling quims!

Er what? When we pay for a completed product, we have a right to a functioning product. People will complain as long as that condition is not met, and that is fully within their rights. Stop sucking up, and stop eroding our consumer rights and protections. The matter is even more insulting to us paying customers because there is no return option for shoddy merchandise. We will go elsewhere when we can get our money back. Until then, we will exercise our rights to expression and speech. YOU go elsewhere if you don't like to see it.
  • ChimichangaChimichanga Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157618Members, Reinforced - Shadow

If you don't like any of these statements, feel free to go else where. Just please stop whining! It's getting on the nerves of people who want to enjoy all this new stuff that UWE has put a lot of work into creating for us, you ungrateful mewling quims!

Er what? When we pay for a completed product, we have a right to a functioning product. People will complain as long as that condition is not met, and that is fully within their rights. Stop sucking up, and stop eroding our consumer rights and protections. The matter is even more insulting to us paying customers because there is no return option for shoddy merchandise. We will go elsewhere when we can get our money back. Until then, we will exercise our rights to expression and speech. YOU go elsewhere if you don't like to see it.

What if i told you... That MAYBE it is not UWE's fault ALL the time. MAYBE some hardware or software upgrades of your OWN is required. Because frankly? I do not have these so called performance issues everyone is talking about. I read alot about people who say their FPS sucks and frankly... Get a job... Earn money and then buy and freshen up your hardware and while you are at it, freshen up your drivers and software. You can find good parts for good prices all around the web.
  • ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited August 2013

Incorrect. You need to post tech support if it isn't working, not to moan on the forum.
  • WiseguyWiseguy Join Date: 2005-07-24 Member: 56645Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members

What if i told you... That MAYBE it is not UWE's fault ALL the time. MAYBE some hardware or software upgrades of your OWN is required. Because frankly? I do not have these so called performance issues everyone is talking about. I read alot about people who say their FPS sucks and frankly... Get a job... Earn money and then buy and freshen up your hardware and while you are at it, freshen up your drivers and software. You can find good parts for good prices all around the web.

Performance is getting worse with each update. Hardware has nothing to do with that, does it? Furthermore, expecting a decent level of performance on any hardware setup that can run other new games at high-ultra, both indie and AAA, released AFTER NS2, is a reasonable expectation. What if I told YOU, that MAYBE not EVERYONE is so devoid of responsibilities and maturity that they would either need or want to spend inordinate sums of hard earned money to obtain a mere semblance of smoothness on a rubbishly optimized game, indeed, on a childish form of entertainment which in essence is a 21st century version of an unrefined piece of metal which dazzled and inspired awe in a primitive neanderthal. And since you are the one busy making comments on a website at this hour, it is clearly YOU that obviously needs a job, as well as a life. YOU may not have any dignity, but please don't assume the rest of us are obsequious cowards like you.
  • DeskLampDeskLamp Australia Join Date: 2013-02-03 Member: 182783Members
    Instead of making the screen brighter when you go into light, maybe just make the contrast on marines reduced so it's harder to distinguish. That way you still have the light / dark advantages, but not the headache
  • HeavenfallHeavenfall Join Date: 2010-08-14 Member: 73620Members
    I'm mad because a game that has been working well for me for over a year suddenly became unplayable when the "update" 252 was published. They have since published 253 and 254, and the game is still unplayable for me due to micro stutters and input delay. I've got 1100+ hours played on NS2, and suddenly I can't play it. That's why I'm mad.
  • herakl3sherakl3s Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75852Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Because as said in an other thread performance was promised to us and the only major thing we had in 1 year was the luajit stuff made by a community member if i recall well?

I expect a multiplayer game to run at a constant 120fps on the lowest settings, yet ns2 sadly doesn't even in a 6v6.

Don't serve me the bs "hey i got a normal rig and get 120fps at the beginning of the round"
    The counter is a fluke since you get 4s at 130fps then 2s at 70fps etc....

I donated and since UWE asked for feedback on the donation: please spend every dollar of work hour on improving performance!
    Oh and get a PR guy / community manager that releases news about tournies/patches sooner than 1 day before the deadline.
    Reddog anyone?
  • HeluoSHeluoS Join Date: 2010-01-17 Member: 70191Members
    Performance is only slightly worse but not impossible. It does make it annoying imo..!

Just finished a game there. We lost after a decent marine rush and GL spam of the hive. The GL spam felt more effective - have they been raised in strength?
    My only REAL gripe about the game is the slower speed that adrenaline fills up and and how much slower blink is.

Its not crippling, I finished with a K:D ratio of 65:12 so not a bad game but ill say this... playing today was the first time I genuinely didnt enjoy the game. The reduced speed and ability to swipe (still no focus!!) just takes alot of fun away for me.

I dont know what the most important KPI is for UWE... balanced games or fun. You can dumb it down to make it even but at what cost?

I really hope this isnt "it". I was really enjoying the previous version of the game.
  • NazrudinNazrudin Join Date: 2009-09-17 Member: 68811Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Performance drop in B252 and onwards broke the game completely for me.

It's all of the things you people have discussed already, i.e; input lag, fps drops, rubberbanding. All that combined makes the game run so terrible that I simply wont play untill this get's adressed.

As for the new AV with "F" I kind of like it, it's not so much OP in it's own way like it was before, in a sense.
  • Enhance89Enhance89 Join Date: 2009-11-04 Member: 69261Members
    I've never been upset towards UWE like I was towards Blizzard. Waited 10+ years for Diablo 3, pre-ordered it as soon as I could, and after the "release date", the game was unplayable for almost two days while server and connectivity issues were figured out.

Anyways, there's absolutely nothing wrong with criticizing a product you paid money for. I only draw issue with those that get on here and type something equivalent to "everything sucks", and then they move on. That's frustrating because it really adds nothing and just serves to rile up the fan base.
  • NazrudinNazrudin Join Date: 2009-09-17 Member: 68811Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Enhance89 wrote: »
    I've never been upset towards UWE like I was towards Blizzard. Waited 10+ years for Diablo 3, pre-ordered it as soon as I could, and after the "release date", the game was unplayable for almost two days while server and connectivity issues were figured out.

Anyways, there's absolutely nothing wrong with criticizing a product you paid money for. I only draw issue with those that get on here and type something equivalent to "everything sucks", and then they move on. That's frustrating because it really adds nothing and just serves to rile up the fan base.

One would think that if you wait 10 years you can wait 2 more days, can't really understand what there is to be upset about.
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members

Lol... The UWE goal is to OPTIMIZE.... This means performance on ANY and EVERY computer should improve... As such at no point should performance (except temporarily) decrease as a result of updates...

If UWE releases an NS3 that would be when computer requirment would be raised... NS2 should never raise its computer requirments...

2 days ago my performance was good (good as defined by my happiness with it). Now it's not good... My computer did not change the server did not change the patch did... I assume it will be fixed.

If you believe that this new patch has a higher minimum pc requirment your foolish. If UWE agrees with your foolishness (I don't believe they do) they are thieves, liars, and short sighted...

• Enhance89Enhance89 Join Date: 2009-11-04 Member: 69261Members
    Nazrudin wrote: »
    One would think that if you wait 10 years you can wait 2 more days, can't really understand what there is to be upset about.
    Diablo 3 was pushed back year, after year, after year, after year. Week after week. Day after day. To have it fail on opening launch day was frustrating. I got over it and waited patiently, but even in those situations I think frustration among a fan base is warranted.
  • HeluoSHeluoS Join Date: 2010-01-17 Member: 70191Members

Ive noticed a drop in performance, what do I need to update to make my game as smooth as the previous patch?
    i7-4770K, GTX 670, 16GB DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz
    Enhance89 wrote: »
    Nazrudin wrote: »
    Diablo 3 was pushed back year, after year, after year, after year. Week after week. Day after day. To have it fail on opening launch day was frustrating. I got over it and waited patiently, but even in those situations I think frustration among a fan base is warranted.

You can't sit and expect it to release only then to get pushed back, as always it's nice with a polished game and not a launch of a half baked game. I can see how it can be frustrating since you are in fact waiting for it when you have it in your hands but alas, you have it.
  • Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I've never been one to complain and I was a good little ns2 fanboy until these latest patches 252+... I like the new abilities and maps, but most of the "features" and just terrible performance piss me off. It's upsetting because I expected better of UWE. New AV was terrible in 252, better in 253 but still bad. Performance is crap and game crashes every chance it gets... And I own a top of the line pc, get 144 fps but feels like 20 with stuttering and input lag. Also the alien commanding is terrible again. I seriously enjoyed 250&251 Kharmmanding now it's more boring and mind numbingly tedious than pre 250... I want my game experience to be fun, I want to get a quality product that doesn't force me to be the beta tester I didn't sign up for. To all the ns2 fanboy UWE kiss asses out there how about you grow a pair and stand up for what you want instead of kissing up every chance you get.
    Beta testing something you did not sign up for is a bitch, yup.
  • IronmanIronman Join Date: 2012-03-22 Member: 149184Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Bacillus wrote: »
    There's a certain kind of disregard for some 'rights' of a paying customer in the way UWE runs their business. This time they threw a very incomplete version of the game to the live version to force a hasty beta test with involuntary testers. Previously we've had misleading release dates, sys reqs and PR talk. Some highly capable community contributors have ended up somewhat wasting their time because of misleading information and so on.

I can understand the business viewpoint of most of the stuff, but it's not nice nevertheless and makes me feel a bit uneasy whenever someone talks like it has been all sunshine and happiness to follow through the development.

It all starts from spring 2009 preorders and NS1 community, so probably things look very different if you've only been here since Gorgeous.

The fact that this game is still being supported is great! What more could you ask for!?

Free content! The game is always evolving! Sometimes its cool, sometimes its not or sometimes you just gotta adapt and move on.

It's natural selection ; )
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    My only two issues with this current patch are:

1 - Performance
    2 - Khammander has been made much, much worse by changes.

I'm a fan of most of the other changes and the new abilities. Haven't gotten to play Biodome yet but it looks solid. Right now I think the game is extremely solid as far as field play (both sides) and marine commanding goes. If they just improved alien commanding and increased the performance I don't think I'd ask for anything more from the game.

I do wish, though, that UWE had kept this game in beta for a year longer than they did. The game feels better and more complete than it did upon release, but since it's already been released it will be hard to bring in new players again. The past year has felt more like the final stages of a beta than playing a fully complete released game.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    So... it all comes down to performance, and some UI.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Ill give some reasons, because obviously you didnt search enough. Major bugs and glitches such as having so much stuttering, that game becomes unplayable. Also, some people might disagree with new changes/lack of changes (the latter most likely associated with 250)
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    coolitic wrote: »
    Ill give some reasons, because obviously you didnt search enough. Major bugs and glitches such as having so much stuttering, that game becomes unplayable. Also, some people might disagree with new changes/lack of changes (the latter most likely associated with 250)

Performance, performance.

And change was mentioned already^^
    Ppl always complain about changes. It's human nature.
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    I understand why they released this (needing a bigger pool of testers). The thing is nearly a year ago when beta came to an end and NS2 was made official we were told that beta/play testing would be done before official release of a patch. Now less then a year later we were given a beta build with no warning... I would rather see a patch release be delayed then what we have now be seen as a representation of NS2.

I understand why UWE did what they did, I just don't agree with it... But I'm out of town for the weekend so maybe by Tuesday things will be good.