ExtraEntitiesMod

Comments

• JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Bless you man! :D

I started using the mod and so far it is way more fun to map with all the possebilites. But I have a few questions:

1) I made a few weldable doors and they block the normal players, but macs and arcs can just pass them in its closed form. Is there a way to block them until the door is welded?

2) I placed the doors and set them to move down when welded. But they still look out of the ground when they open. And I can't seem to get the waypoint entity to work in order to send the doors further down. I suppose the waypoint must be placed in reach of the navigation_mesh? Is it possible to add a distance that the entity should travel in one direction? Maybe I just use the entites wrong ^_^`

Forgot your post, sorry.
    1) Mhm normally I add them as an obstacle, in the previous versions that worked fine, maybe an update has broke it, will look at it.

2) You can place the waypoint wherever you want. Just look at my test map ns2_eem_test_level, I have func_moveables with waypoints in there.
    But the func_moveable will only accept one waypoint, not route like the train.
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    I will look at the map, thx.
  • WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Hi Jim I've been playing around with the push entity.
    I've been trying to use it as a jump pad. To access a vertical level. But I've run into a small problem. Marines have 0 air control once in the air using the push entity. Unless the push entitiy is at an angle they can't catch the lip of the geometry. I was wondering if there are plans to address this ?
  • Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
    What about a npc spawner for babblers, I wanna try to create a death pit full of babblers that will rip apart anyone who falls in :)
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    @Rudy.cz Mhm babbler are a bit special cause they're working not with my normal npc logic, that i've got a the moment.
    @WorthyRival , don't know if it's a good idea to give everyone air control, need to test that.

I've added now the option On getting triggered for all entities where you can specify what happens,when getting
    triggered. YOu can set enable/disable (as it is now), but you can also set stay enabled or stay disabled.

Currently only on git, can someone test me with his map and tell me if everythings working (had to change every logic entity for this,
    so maybe I forgot some bugs)
    https://github.com/JimWest/ExtraEntitesMod

• WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for your time jim. I have the jump pads on the map ns2_chuteout if you want to have a look at what im trying to achieve. In the center of the level beside the ladder if you jump on the white light it launches you.

I totally understand not wanting to give air control to marines without testing.
    A compromise ?
    Could I be so bold as to ask for a extra entity that gave all players air control while inside the entity ?

And see as i'm asking. A gravity entity ? One in which a mapper can create different gravitys in different rooms by scaling an entity. This entity would also require air control. It might make for some interesting fun maps or rooms like an airlock or floor with a large fan blowing players around.

@Rudy.cz why not take an animation of the babblers and add death trigger that saps your life. Much like the death trigger around the CC before a game begins.
    OK pushed a new version to workshop.
    Like i've written before, changes:

- the option On getting triggered for all entities where you can specify what happens,when getting
    triggered. YOu can set enable/disable (as it is now), but you can also set stay enabled or stay disabled.
    - added logic_reset entity to reset stuff
    - improved timer
    - improved npcs
    - added gravity_trigger @WorthyRival
    I like new toys :) Thanks JimWest.
  • bp2008bp2008 Join Date: 2012-11-28 Member: 173581Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    LogicLua is broken.

see:
    function LogicLua:OnInitialized()

if Server then
            InitMixin(self, LogicMixin)
        end

if self.luaFile then
            Script.Load(self.kLuaFile)
        end

end

self.kLuaFile does not exist! Don't you mean self.luaFile ?
    Have fixed the lua and other files now,
    also improved physic model of the train a bit (couldn't get the movement better)
    OK new update,
    fixed a small thing with the logic trigger and improved npcs again a lot.
    Should now act better, move better, lerks fly better and shoot spikes, too.
    Fades are using shadow step, fixed "orderparam error".
  • bp2008bp2008 Join Date: 2012-11-28 Member: 173581Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    The console gets flooded with errors when a func_door is selected by a commander (alien commander anyway). Map built with latest EEM from github.
    Yeah but that was on the old versions, too.
    Haven't fixed it yet.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Hey Jim :D
    I will be working on PG again very soon, and will be stealing your jump pad code :D I hope to be able to give you some assistance improving the scope of this mod too :D More entities are always a good thing :D
  • DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    @JimWest - logic_give_item - can you add JP to the list of items to give?

Right now list is:
    Axe
    Welder
    Pistol
    Rifle
    Rifle, Pistol, Axe
    Armor-Suit (HUD) - this doesn't seem to do anything?

Maybe you want to add the Exo possibilities when you add JP to the list? If it works like that...
    That HUD thing is only working at my SinglePlayer Mod.
    Yeah sure will add more things on it.
    Do I need to do anything to use the EEM with all this new layer of create Mod bullshit they have added to the launchpad ?
    Personally I can't really bothered with trying to figure it all out.
    edited May 2013
    Allright I have created a short VBS file wich will set your launch pad so you only have to start it then.
    Downlaod the mod from here:

https://github.com/JimWest/ExtraEntitesMod/archive/master.zip

* Download the mod (zip), save everything at the Ns2 folder.
    * Open LaunchPad for the first time so it will create the options.xml, close it then
    * Open "setup_launchpad.vbs", it should say mod set in Launchpad
    * Open LaunchPad, press open and select "ExtraEntitiesMod"
    * Open the Editor now via LaunchPad, everything should be in there then.

Haven't uploaded it to workshop so there are some options you can't use yet, like give Exo or jetpack,
    but will upload it soon to workshop.
    Worked like a charm :)

Cheers Jim.
    Yes it is working allright! All the entities are back in the list. But I have a problem. I opened a map that I made with the EEM with the vanilla 246 editor and all the extra entities weren't displayed. So I created a mod like you discribed and opened the map again. Unfortunately all the entities I had in the map are still gone. Is there a way to recover them? :/
    If you have saved the map without them, no, the map editor deleted them.
    edited May 2013
    Ok. Then I start from scratch. Life would be boring without an occupation :P

edit: Found an old save on a good old usb-stick. That will speed up things a lot.
    edited May 2013
    Use github or svn, will make everything easier.
  • DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    @JimWest thanks so much for the vb setup - just sad it requires that...
    Ok. Then I start from scratch. Life would be boring without an occupation :P

Don't forget to check your auto-saves too, be default: \AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2\Editor\autobackup

• SolarisSolaris Join Date: 2003-05-11 Member: 16213Members
    First of all: Great mod! I really hope, the devs take a good look at this and implement these things into the core game! It's kind of sad than some "basic" entities like push or teleport are not part of the core game.

2 questions if I may:
    1.) is it right that the EEM is part of Combat? So whenever EEM is updated I can use the new stuff in Combat, too? Or are the extra entities in Combat a fork of EEM?
    2.) Is there a way for binary logic (working or planned?) I was thinking about an entitie that "stores" a binary value and another entiy that checks if a number of specified those entities are all set to 1.
    I had this idea of a combat map where the hive is unreachable by Marines, but Marines can win by repairing (welding) stuff in different corners of the map (a generator, computer, fuel pump. Each of these weldables has a binary entity tied to it. If control, electricity and fuel are repaired, the Marines can win by activating the giant turbine that is conveniently placed abve the hive. The "big red button" would have a binary/boolean logic entity when it's pressed. If all three binary entities are set to true, it will fire the turbine, else it will trigger some error message sound or so...
  • HypergripHypergrip Suspect Germany Join Date: 2002-11-23 Member: 9689Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Solaris wrote: »
    I had this idea of a combat map where the hive is unreachable by Marines, but Marines can win by repairing (welding) stuff in different corners of the map (a generator, computer, fuel pump. Each of these weldables has a binary entity tied to it. If control, electricity and fuel are repaired, the Marines can win by activating the giant turbine that is conveniently placed abve the hive. The "big red button" would have a binary/boolean logic entity when it's pressed. If all three binary entities are set to true, it will fire the turbine, else it will trigger some error message sound or so...
    Sounds like a lot of fun, would love to test that! As the game progresses the "Points of Interest" get fewer and the lifeforms get stronger. That should result in total mayhem at the last point.

And I think there already is a simple way to do that using a logic_counter:
    Create your three weldables. Have them trigger a logic_multiplyer that in turn does fx stuff (trigger lights, play a sound, whatever) and triggers a logic_counter. The logic_counter is set to 3, so it will fire, when all your PoIs have been welded. Have the logic_counter then simply open the previously closed door to the room the controls for the turbine are in (I'd recommend putting it in a room next to the hive with an unbreakable window, so the player pushing the button can actually see the destruction he triggered).

I update eem to combat when I change it, but comabt isnt updated all the time
    so sometimes the EEM mod has the newer version then combat, but sooner or later
    we will change that so combat depends on EEM and then it will be updated, too.

The major problem of linking entities together is the editor.
    If you could select your kind of in and output (like in hammer, where the editor knew the
    functions you could call) it's would be more easier to create complex logic things.

But due to that issue, I try to keep it simple.

Could add a option to entities (trigger when disabled), so if you press it you can play
    a sound etc.
  • SolarisSolaris Join Date: 2003-05-11 Member: 16213Members
    Hypergrip wrote: »
    And I think there already is a simple way to do that using a logic_counter:
    Create your three weldables. Have them trigger a logic_multiplyer that in turn does fx stuff (trigger lights, play a sound, whatever) and triggers a logic_counter. The logic_counter is set to 3, so it will fire, when all your PoIs have been welded. Have the logic_counter then simply open the previously closed door to the room the controls for the turbine are in (I'd recommend putting it in a room next to the hive with an unbreakable window, so the player pushing the button can actually see the destruction he triggered).
    Thanks, that looks like it could work, I'll try that when I got the time :)

JimWest: Thanks for your answers. I already got two more questions (eager to learn, sorry to bother):

1.) Is there a reliable way to create an elevator yet? I saw the train video but it seems to work a bit differently. I'm talking about a platform moving straight from point A to B at a set speed, triggered by the push of a button (or any other trigger?) without the need for a "pilot/driver"

2.) Any chance for a "trigger_presence" entity? It would have to be resizable like the locations, etc.. Whenever a player enters the entity's boundaries, it fires.
    Parameters would be name, target, active, team (marines only, aliens only, everyone (including readyroom players, excluding spectator ghosts)), repeatable (trigger once / trigger always), delay (time between being triggered and sending the signal to the target), cooldown (delay before a trigger_presence that is set to be repeatable can be triggered again).
    The most obvious way to use this entity would be some sort of "motion detector" / "intruder alert", that plays a sound whenever something enters its "view". Or a metal detector beeping when a Marine passes through. But I can also think of some uses for possible mods. How about a map where rooms go out whenever an alien is nearby...
  • Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
    Solaris wrote: »
    2.) Any chance for a "trigger_presence" entity? It would have to be resizable like the locations, etc.. Whenever a player enters the entity's boundaries, it fires.
    Parameters would be name, target, active, team (marines only, aliens only, everyone (including readyroom players, excluding spectator ghosts)), repeatable (trigger once / trigger always), delay (time between being triggered and sending the signal to the target), cooldown (delay before a trigger_presence that is set to be repeatable can be triggered again).
    The most obvious way to use this entity would be some sort of "motion detector" / "intruder alert", that plays a sound whenever something enters its "view". Or a metal detector beeping when a Marine passes through. But I can also think of some uses for possible mods. How about a map where rooms go out whenever an alien is nearby...

logic_trigger works exactly this way, except the delay and cooldown :)

• HypergripHypergrip Suspect Germany Join Date: 2002-11-23 Member: 9689Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    and if you place that trigger_presence right beneeth a floating block of bricks, you can have it trigger the "coin" sound from the Super Mario games, evertime a Marine bumps his head against it :D