Oh man, arc. 4 minute win in round 4

draktokdraktok Join Date: 2013-02-18 Member: 183156Members
Pushed straight through club and just won the game at 4 minutes, outstanding shooting.

If you guys aren't watching the big game load up quick it's round 5 on veil o.o

Comments

• DaveodethDaveodeth Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172717Members
    surely that is a bad thing if a team can win a round on shooting only.
  • draktokdraktok Join Date: 2013-02-18 Member: 183156Members
    Well they only lasted that long with comm support as well, ofc ;P but it was great shooting that carried it, sure!

oh well still fun to watch!
    I'm enjoying these games v.v
  • FarknutFarknut Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184065Members
    edited April 2013
    The stream is a travesty. Right now they are showing Hugh get made up. Someone please explain what has happened so far!
    edited April 2013
    he lost a match of onos vs exo against wasabi one, so he had to get painted lol!

also next match starting soon
  • pendelum5pendelum5 Join Date: 2012-10-29 Member: 164317Members
    Wasabi one had godmode enabled for the exo/onos fight, which makes me think this is staged. Maybe if Archaea hadn't egg-locked, the stream wouldn't be forced to fill so much downtime...
    maybe they were gonna do it either way, i mean why else would they have so much make up
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited April 2013
    This is ridiculous, now I remember why I don't usually watch these shows live. I can understand the players need a break, but why exactly do they take a break 30+ minute break after a 3 minute game? (when there was another 30 minute break right before...)

Also, godar would've been a much better match for Arc imo. They're the only team that come remotely close.
    i enjoy the sillyness personally
  • FarknutFarknut Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184065Members
    edited April 2013
    Arc won 5-0. Didn't see that coming, LOL. Wasn't even remotely close, but then again nxzl did get there on a coinflip.

Outside of the games the cast is really painful to watch.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Wonder how it would have played out on the balance test version ;p

• NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Daveodeth wrote: »

Shooting tends to be important in FPS type games. :D
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    ezekel wrote: »
    Wonder how it would have played out on the balance test version ;p

Same here, I really wish some of the less harsh features would have made it into the game, then the matches might have been a bit less one-sided.
    Such as
    -Egg Hatch moved from Shift to Hive
    -Shade Ink fix
    -Unleashed khammander
    -Faster infestation receding
    -Improved Skulk movement, so they stand a chance against marines
    -Flamethrower improvements
    -Rupture ability
    -More starting res
    -More expensive RTs

Faster slulk movement is just going to ruin balance for pubs - some other things are great but the skulk movement is one that needs to stay safely where it is.
  • AtoneAtone Join Date: 2009-09-21 Member: 68839Members
    The filler was pretty painful at points. I wish we could've at least gotten more interviews with the players during that time.

Also, 20 internets to whoever can point me to the Gorge Washington picture.
  • WhiteDevilWhiteDevil Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hamlet wrote: »
    Really?
    Then this strange moderator. Instead of using the great opportunity to interview Charlie and get a hands-on with the brains behind NS, maybe delve into the creation of NS1&NS2, maybe asking him about his inspirations or films, art and games he had in mind when making the mod or the sequel and the foundation of his own "AAA indie" (?) company [first time I heard that], that moderator guy just lets Hugh clown away the awkward silence... [yes, talking about the Railgun re-enactment scene]
    I had to cover my eyes because it felt so forced and un-funny.

I think the stream was overall was great and entertaining to watch. Given to the fact that these aren't some big televised things made by media pros. I enjoyed it really.
    Hugh did a great job bringing up some silly stuff at the down time, but he should have let Charlie talk at the interview. "Hugh, you're fired."
  • A_PajanderA_Pajander Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11695Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    words

That's a lot of opinions man. Good for you.
    Xarius wrote: »
    This is ridiculous, now I remember why I don't usually watch these shows live. I can understand the players need a break, but why exactly do they take a break 30+ minute break after a 3 minute game? (when there was another 30 minute break right before...)

Because it was a scheduled 4 hour broadcast and they had to fit in 5-9 games each lasting anywhere from 1 to 45 minutes.
    I searched for the gorge washington pic for a little but no luck. I"ll tweet at ns2 and see if i can get them to retweet it
  • A_PajanderA_Pajander Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11695Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2013
    Atone wrote: »
    Also, 20 internets to whoever can point me to the Gorge Washington picture.

Probably in here somewhere: https://www.facebook.com/NaturalSelection2/posts/10151408479508105

Edit: http://i.imgur.com/Ukg1ery.jpg
  • SanCoSanCo Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155744Members
    edited April 2013

Then there is this strange "social media expert"... what is her connection with NS2? Does she even care about the game? I mean: at all? Or is she just there to hold up the prizes? It's obvious that the studio audience consists of at least 97.5%+ males (I spotted a female bartender, but that's it). I guess that just lies in the nature of a Sci-Fi military FPS+RTS hybrid...
    Still, there are some female players out there. They are pretty rare, but they exist. Why not invite one of them to comment or moderate? Someone who genuinely CARES and LIKES this game. Heck, it's all taking place in Germany. Why not some Germans? They probably wouldn't be that photogenic, but authentic love for something easily makes up for sterile, uninvolved beauty.

ESL Employee. Probably comes with the package, and social media is big today, you've no choice but to accept that. Also regarding Kaelaris, he seem to know a bit about the game (enough) and is big within SC2 and I welcome any publicity this game gets, it needs it.
  • AtoneAtone Join Date: 2009-09-21 Member: 68839Members
    snaga wrote: »

Your internets are in the tubes and that is now my desktop background <3
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    edited April 2013
    I sort of wanted in deph interviews with the players themselves and maybe even with Charlie on the future direction of the game when their breaks were being taken and there needed to be filler for the downtime. I also thought there was going to be a decent Q&A with Hugh but it just went directly into pop tarts after a question.
    It was an enjoyable cast to me, personally
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2013
    When America lost:

219029e7_crying-native-american.jpg
  • DaveodethDaveodeth Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172717Members
    Neoken wrote: »
    Daveodeth wrote: »

Shooting tends to be important in FPS type games. :D

When aim is king it makes the rest of the game a tad dull, there are some rts parts in there I'm sure. Even a 6 pool takes more time :D
  • RisingSunRisingSun Rising California Join Date: 2004-04-19 Member: 28015Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Thanks for the spoiler. Couldnt watch the match because i was at work. I wont even read the comments here due to potential spoilers. Loading it up now.